April Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Re: April Pregnancy

So glad to hear from you, Liz...we've all been thinking about you!!  Keep taking care of yourself. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Liz, thanks for checking in!! I'm so glad to hear you are feeling a bit better than a few weeks ago, and it sounds like you are on a good path forward. 

CLC, glad the spotting was nothing but it does sound like a great way to get you in the right frame of mind that the baby is coming soon.  I remember with my first DD I was totally "planning" on her coming late, because everyone told me that first time babies are often late, and she surprised us by arriving 2.5 weeks early.  We hadn't packed the hospital bag yet and it was a bit of a scramble to do it as I was leaving for the hospital and in early labor, ha ha.  We will be better prepared this time - and of course the baby will probably be late - but lesson learned - it is definitely a good thing to get stuff done earlier rather than later.  As for work, just be organized.  You will likely not ever finish everything up because there will always be more to do, so don't beat yourself up about it.  Leaving things unfinished is totally expected!  Just leave them unfinished in a way that your successor can easily pick it up and complete it him/herself!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Liz - I'm so glad you are feeling better and that treatment seems to be working. It's great to hear your good update.

clc- That is scary. I'm glad everything is ok. Do they know what is causing the spotting? I mentioned before that I have had spotting on and off since 13 weeks and it seems to be caused by a polyp, which apparently is not uncommon in pregnancy. It is nervewracking because you don't know if it's "normal" spotting or if something is wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Glad to hear you're doing well, Liz.

Cici - they don't know what's causing the spotting.  Last time my urine came back with blood in it so they assumed it was an infection but the culture came back negative.  So far they can't determine any cause for the spotting.  But it sure is a little nerve wracking each time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

clc, I know it's disconcerting and this is just one of a million stories that probably don't help you feel better, but my SIL had actual period-like bleeding every single month for her entire pregnancy, and I know she had heavy periods to compare to.  (So heavy, in fact, that she eventually had a hysterectomy.)  Anyway, she was pregnant with twins, and they were both 7+ lbs, full term, and perfectly healthy when they were born.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks, Kar.  It does help!  The bleeding is nothing new for me, I had heavy period like bleeding for the first 6 weeks and then off and on from weeks 7 - 13ish.  So the doctors have already said to me "some people just bleed, you're one of them" too many times.  Luckily for me the bleeding stopped after 13 weeks and didn't show up again until two weeks ago and has only been the spotting on two occasions.

Rama - 2.5 weeks early actually sounds very nice to me.  I would really like to make it a few more weeks so the baby is considered full term but after that point (37-38 weeks) I'm ready for him or her to join us!  CCH wouldn't even allow me to deliver there before 35 weeks so here's to hoping the baby decides to stay inside for just a few more weeks!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can't imagine how scary it would be to bleed heavily during pregnancy...glad my story of dear SIL was comforting and that your docs have been reassuring, too, clc.  Lucky you being one of "those women."  LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

clc- I can only imagine how nerve wracking it is to be experiencing that, but I have also heard of women bleeding regularly every month or having frequent spotting with no apparent cause. As long as you've had it checked out and everything else seems ok, like you said, you might just be "one of those women" who are subject to that symptom.

Liz- glad to hear you are doing better as well!

AFM, DH and I took our weekend prepared childbirth class last weekend. I didn't learn anything totally new except for the hospital's policies and procedure, but I think DH got lots of good info out of it. I especially enjoyed the tour of the L&D and mother/infant floors; we have a good idea of what to expect now on the day of and during our stay.

This past week I was off of work for April break- a much needed rest and got lots done, including picking up the glider for the baby's room and DH putting it together. This past weekend we took our "babymoon" up at the Wentworth by the Sea in Portsmouth. Our last vacation as a family of 2- we ate lots of great meals and enjoyed the weather. Going back to work today was tough because it meant my break was over, and now I feel like this week is going to drag because my shower is this coming Sunday. I can't wait!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Liz, meant to join the others with my joy over your progress.  It's not even been the full month for the meds to help at their full potential so stay encouraged.  Hugs!

Summer, glad you had a fun and relaxing break!  It's always hard to go back, but the end of a babymoon marks the end of an era...it's got to be extra tough!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Great news Liz! So glad you are feeling better.

CLC - totally scary for you.  I am glad that everything looks good and you are moving right along at 34 weeks.  I am right ahead of you at 36 weeks but keep reminding myself not to rush it because ultimately I do think having a newborn is harder for me. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Clc - what a scare!  Im glad to hear that you are ok. 

Liz - Good to hear from you!  Ive been thinking about you.

I have offically made it to my 3rd trimester!  I really cant believe how fast this pregnancy is going by.

Also for anyone on the south shore.  Consignment Sale is this weekend in Hanover! thechildrensclothesline.com

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Liz-Glad things are looking up.  The glorious weather must help--look at all those spring flowers in bloom before they should be!  I feel like we're in Virginia, not Massachusetts.  My lilacs and honeysuckle are out already!

clc- ugh, that must be so stressful.  One of my very good friends had similar spotting--with no apparent cause--for her whole pregnancy.  It was a pregnancy that occurred shortly after a miscarriage/chemical pregnancy, so it was quite nervewracking for her no matter how many times the doctors reassured her it was ok.  Her lovely baby girl is 9 months old now.   Your post did make me think about how much more I have to do to prepare before this baby arrives (or before I get too big/uncomfortable to prepare for when the baby arrives).  If I don't go up into the attic soon to take out stored clothes and sort them I probably won't fit when I go to try. 

AFM, the pregnancy is rolling along, I guess.  I'm almost at 32 weeks.  I have had a few hemmorrhoid issues.  I didn't have any with my first pregnancy but I had a LOT of trouble for MONTHS after giving birth to DD (she came out at a weird angle -- I didn't tear much but I had a whole lot of issues afterwards).  Some of those weak spots have reerupted ugh. It's not too bad but I am nervous about delivery for this one and what a mess it will be.  It'll be fine, of course.  It'd just be better if I didn't have to think about it.  The good news is the Tucks witch hazel pads and Preparation H cream are both safe during pregancy, according to my OB, so at least I can try to take care of it.  It's not like when you have a cold and you can't take anything.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

If anyone's looking for "Snap n Go" strollers...I was at Kid to Kid in Natick on Saturday and there were about a dozen of them there.  Unfortunately, no umbrella strollers I liked, though! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I just bought enough 100% merino washable wool (very soft) baby blanket yarn for the triplets my friend is expecting in (we're praying) late June (by c-section a month early if they can make it that long).  It's cream colored since we don't know the genders, but wool is stain resistant.  However, I'm having second thoughts about nearly white blankets.  It wasn't cheap and don't want to do something stupid.  

Is cream just plain dumb even if it's stain resistant and washable and dryable?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Kar, I don't think cream is dumb.  Machine washable / dryable is the most important thing.  Plus I agree that stains often just sort of slough off wool.
    Plus, in the first few months, most stains that get on blankets are milk/formula/spit up which are all light colored - it was all my black shirts that were the worst.  I guess there are also p00p leaks, but in our experience those were either up the back or down the legs and didn't get on blankets.  :)

Liz - very happy to read your positive news.  Keep at it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Kar, I love white blankets, and I don't think that the color would be an issue (my baby blanket that I still have was a pale, pale yellow). 

But practically speaking for triplets, I think I'd probably make three different color/pattern blankets...or make three blankets with that same yarn but different patterns (shell, squares, plain?) What if they become their lovey thing and they can't tell them apart?  I like the verugated (not sure how to spell) yarn ones a lot...DD has one that's mostly white with yellows, blues, greens, etc in it that she loves., and my mom's already working on one for baby #2, still in gender neutral yarn. 

That's just my thought...planning ahead for sibling fights, since I know that the hand-knit blankets in our family tend to become to ones that are the most important!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

I was lurking today and I just want to say to Kar that I think cream/white hand knit baby blankets are gorgeous!  My MIL knit one for each of my children before they were born and we don't use them everyday, but they are used for special occassions and in pictures and I hope that they will be a family heirloom in the distant future.  Also, if they are Christian/Catholic they are beautiful christening blankets.

Hope EOE on here is doing well and enjoying your pregnancies! :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Kar, the machine washable wool makes it fine.  The truth is, most colors for baby yarn is pastel and will stain anyway and if you went for something dark and bold its color would fade after frequent washings.

I knit too, by the way.  Very addictive fun. A previous poster suggested different patterns for the different babies.  You could always just make three of the quick pattern you're planning on using and then quickly throw on a cross-stitch monogram once the babies are out or if you're really fast, crotchet a border on really fast in different colors for each kid. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oooh, thank you, ladies!  I hadn't thought about the light colored messes when they're little, med, or the special occassions that cream would be good for, Trouble.  Love the different pattern idea, luvR and, in fact, if you lurk in CC you can see I had the same idea for it (great minds, huh?).  Thanks for unknowingly backing up my idea.  Woo hoo!  Lissa, I thought, too, originally of waiting to just put a different color border on each one, but I ended up buying a brand that's only sold at Webbs in Northampton - about an hour an a half from here, and I don't want to drive back that soon.  But, a great idea nonetheless.  Lissa, I hope you've had time to knit some heirlooms for your own kids.  Have you ever been to Webbs?  It's awesome.  A knitter's/crocheter's Disney.

Wow, I really was expecting I'd made a horrible mistake and dreaded driving all the way back to return this stuff.  Thanks so much for saving me!!!  I post photos in CC - will let you know when to lurk and see. :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

In Response to Re: April Pregnancy:
    [QUOTE]Oooh, thank you, ladies!  I hadn't thought about the light colored messes when they're little, med, or the special occassions that cream would be good for, Trouble.  Love the different pattern idea, luvR and, in fact, if you lurk in CC you can see I had the same idea for it (great minds, huh?).  Thanks for unknowingly backing up my idea.  Woo hoo!  Lissa, I thought, too, originally of waiting to just put a different color border on each one, but I ended up buying a brand that's only sold at Webbs in Northampton - about an hour an a half from here, and I don't want to drive back that soon.  But, a great idea nonetheless.  Lissa, I hope you've had time to knit some heirlooms for your own kids.  Have you ever been to Webbs?  It's awesome .  A knitter's/crocheter's Disney. Wow, I really was expecting I'd made a horrible mistake and dreaded driving all the way back to return this stuff.  Thanks so much for saving me!!!  I post photos in CC - will let you know when to lurk and see. :)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

I went to UMass Amherst, so Northampton is my old stomping grounds.  I actually try to stay away from fancy yarn stores.  I have a lot of trouble with starting new projects before finishing piecing together projects. I hate doing piecework so I end up buying new yarn and starting a pattern that fits different needles so I can have 3 or 4 projects at once.  I have been to Webbs though. It's so beautiful I get overwhelmed.  I just pet yarn for hours and then leave feeling overwhelmed and exhausted haha.

Right now I'm using up ALL my old extra yarn (there's a LOT) by making a VERY long, multicolored, multipatterned boa constrictor for DD. I have been forced to purge the yarn piles because they were being stored (well, hoarded) in what's going to be the baby's room.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Lissa - I'm a UMass Amherst alum as well, both undergrad and grad, love that place!

Kar - I think your blankets sound amazing.  I really wish I knew how to knit, maybe some day!  Can't wait to see pictures.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Kar - those blankets sound beautiful and a great present idea! I would love to knit a baby blanket but I have no idea where to go for yarn or what type to use. Do you know any good places around Boston?

Ok, this is kind of a random question but all these pregnancy websites say it's good to talk to the baby. Do any of you do that? I'm wondering if maybe when my belly gets bigger and I feel the baby more it won't seem so weird to me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lissa, I laughed at your hoarding post - I have the same problem.  With each new project I go to my hoard and, somehow, come up empty handed.  This time it was because the nursery colors are blue and green (a blanket that needs to be done Saturday!), and I had neither of those colors.  Another time I might have the right colors, but wrong texture (like the time I was going to make a purple baby blanket, but it worked up too rough).   I have a dream to use up my hoard...like ALL good hoarders, lol. 

Thanks, clc and cici, too!  If you want an idea of my work, I posted a photo today of the blue one I started today in CC.  I'm definitely going to use this pattern again for one of the cream ones for the triplets.

As for talking to the baby, I would honestly think they can't tell the difference between your talking to them and just hearing your voice.  If you spend the day alone, if you're anything like me you talk to yourself all day, anyway, and the baby won't know the difference.  However, if you spend most of your day not talking, I'd probably use my commute to chat it up to the baby.  :)

ETA:  Cici, sorry I don't really know Boston.  In fact, I went to a fancy pants yarn shop over an hour away because I live in the boonies and don't have much choice.  Wal-mart doesn't have enough of a selection at all, and my hoard is essentially trash...apparently.  Maybe I'll sell some of it in a yard sale this year.  Or, more true to hoarding style, I'll hang on to it "another year" because it's good yarn I could use someday, lol.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Cici - on occasion I talk to the baby.  Usually it's when I'm reading in bed at night and the little one is doing water aerobics.  We also had a pep-talk the other day about how it's too early to come out and we should really wait until he or she is considered full-term but that was me just being silly!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Cici- I rarely talk directly to the baby- usually if I'm alone in the car or have a random thought to share when I'm alone at home. I talk all day anyways (I'm a teacher) so I know she hears me all day. Come to think of it, I think that's why she's usually super active when I'm at work...probably hard to sleep with me yammering on haha.

DH also reads to to her almost every night, so she can get used to his voice as well. She typically responds to it, if she's been quiet for a while she'll usually move a couple times once he starts.