April updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Antimony79. Show Antimony79's posts

Re: April updates

Trouble-  Sorry the extrenal didn't work, that's a bummer. 

I started wearing maternity pants this week (14 weeks), and am so glad!!  I was/am still able to fit into my jeans, but they certainly were not as comfy as they once were.  I had worn a pair of maternity capris 2 weekends ago, but I thought I would seem crazy actually going out of the house and to work wearing maternity stuff at 14 weeks.  However I got a pair at Mother hood over the weekend, tried them on on Monday and have been wearing them since (well not the same pair :) ).  I feel a little silly, but I am comfy!!

I have my next OB appointment today, woohoo!!  I'm hoping to hear the heartbeat today, he wasn't able to pick it up at 10 weeks.  DH bought me a doppler, but I have no idea what I am trying to listen for and I didn't want to get myself all freaked out if I couldn't find it until I knew what it is supposed to sound like and that it is detectable.  I had a friend go in at 15 weeks and they couldn't hear it, sent her for an emergency US and now she has a happy healthy 2 yo boy, so I didn't want to get myself all freaked out playing with the one at home.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notanewbie. Show Notanewbie's posts

Have you done your hospital tour yet?  The hospital usualy provides all the baby stuff you'll need for your stay.  You really just need to bring the baby's going home outfit and that's about it.  Maybe I'm just a lazy, simple person though. :-)  The hsopital had plenty of diapers, longsleeve kimino style baby shirts, wash cloths for wiping baby's bottom during diaper changes, receiving blankets, petroleum jelly, etc.  We did not use ANY of our own stuff for the baby at the hospital.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

We only brought vaseline for the baby - we put that on the diaper so when they had their 1st p00p (meconium? - I forget now) so it would not sick and would be easy to wipe off.

For myself I brought comfy pants and nursing tanks and tops.  I slept in those clothes as well.  Slippers were great for walking the hall to recover - I did not bring a boppy, but should have, I also would have been happier bringing a h00ter hider than being uncomfortable trying to nurse while people were visiting and feeling rude asking them to leave. 

Also take as many of the swaddle blankets from the hospital as possible, they are the best!  

For what its worth, one of my friends had a "normal" birth and had an episiotomy her recovery was far longer than mine.  Although my view is skewed, I was relieved to have a c-section I was very very nervous for a vaginal birth!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

KT75 -- don't let anyone tell you that you didn't have a "normal" birth. Any method that gets the baby out is a normal birth! (I had a fairly uncomplicated vaginal delivery, but I think that, vaginal or c-section, birth is an awesome, grisly process.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Thanks IPW!  I think the earlier post on this thread may have been my big BFP announcement (but I can't really remember)...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Antimony - I hope you are appt went great!

I am considering my maternity wear as well.  I have been unbuttoning my dress pants but don't think I can hold on much more.  I have worn a maternity tee shirt - super cute and comfy and doesn't even look maternity but long enough to covered unbuttoned things.  It is a weird time body wise for sure!

Yes, I can button my pants but is it really fair to the baby?  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Antimony79. Show Antimony79's posts

LIL- My appointment went great!  We heard the heartbeat and then tried our doppler when we got home and were able to pick it up with that as well, we listened last night too, so amazing!

Has anyone else been experiencing extremely painful muscle aches?  A couple weeks ago I had the worse muscle pain in my mid back, and the past couple days I've had it in my neck/shoulders.  I've never had anything like this before, it almost leaves me in tears.  My neck feels like I slept on it wrong, but more painful than any other time I've ever done that before.  I also got the someone lit a match under my n*pple feeling, fun stuff!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

IPW - I'm sorry it was somewhat awkward with your boss!  He must not be a parent if he thinks 3 months is a long time...  Also, one of my pet peeves is people who work hours like your boss and expect everyone else to do the same.  I hope he doesn't make you feel guilty!  At least you don't have to hide anything anymore!!  Nice feeling. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

IPW, sorry the announcement to your boss was awkward.  At least he was congratulatory and not obnoxious.  But now you can relish in being "out of the closet"!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

IPW - I am thinking you mean shin splints.  I don't know how you get "chin" splints from walking but it is a fun visual to imagine. :)

I am glad your appt went well Antimony!   I have not had similar achiness so not sure what to make of it! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Antimony79. Show Antimony79's posts

IPW-  Glad you are out of the closet :).  I agree with poppy, if he thinks 3 months is a long time he must not have kids, or at least kids he is involved with raising anyway!!

I've been downing water, but maybe I will try to increase my intake a little more and see if that helps at all.  Today is not so bad, so I think I'm on the mend, but Friday night I hardly slept at all and kept waking up and putting Bengay on because that was the only thing that would slightly ease the pain, well the only thing I can do/take while preganant anyway!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Antimony, I'd check with your MD about what type of treatments you can take/use, maybe get a referral to a physical therapist.  How far along are you?  I just went out and bought a Snoogle (curvy body pillow for pregnant ladies) and am in love with it.  I wasn't having pain  like you describe, but the Snoogle is definitely making sleeping more pleasant, although I strongly suspect that I snore on my side, so I doubt DH would agree. 

IPW, at least you're "out," so to speak!  How far along are you, out of curiosity?  If your boss is as workaholic and reserved as you say, I might follow-up with a memo outlining all that you CAN do, bulleting out reasonable restrictions (travel, etc ...) and suggesting maternity-leave coverage planning sessions, etc ... he might be more comfortable not talking it out face-to-face.  Plus, you're nice and documented.  :) 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

IPW - that's how my boss usually is, which is why I was cringing at telling him my news.  As we like to say, "No one works harder than HE does!" (insert sarcastic tone). 

LOL about the "chin splints" - I too was picturing you (not that I know what you look like) with your chin bandaged and in a sling...  But, ouch, shin splints are painful.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Hi All!

Well, this'll be my last pregnancy post as I am no longer pregnant!  After the relief of scheduling my c-section for 5/5 last Wednesday, life happened and my water broke on Friday and I had a beautiful baby girl via unscheduled c-section!  She was born 4/23 1:18PM, and was 6 lbs 10 oz. and 19.5 inches long.  We're all doing fab and will be discharged tomorrow.  I am so in love!  If anyone wants to hear my birth story, let me know and I'll post :)

Good luck everyone else and enjoy your pregnancies!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Congrats Trouble!!!  The little ones always have their own ideas.  All the best to you, your DH and your little girl.  I love hearing birth stories, so feel free to post. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Yay Trouble!!!  So, so happy for you and DH!  (and DD!)  Like AM, I love birth stories to if you want to post, please do!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Congrats, Trouble!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Congrats, Trouble!  Can't wait to hear how it all happened, and glad that the little one has safely arrived!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Congratulations Trouble!  Do tell us how it happened.
    She was just ready to come out!
    I hope you are feeling well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Congrats, Trouble! Glad to hear all is well with mommy and baby. Definitely share the details. I'd love to hear the story.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Yay!  Such great news!  I would love to hear your story.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Trouble, that's great news!  Add me to the list of those who want to hear your birth story.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Congrats Trouble!  I'd love to hear the story!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Antimony79. Show Antimony79's posts

Congrats Trouble!!  I'd love to hear your birth story as well!!

GC- I've started going to see a chiropractor (I know mixed feeling about chiros on this board, I'm not looking to debate it).  I have issues with my hip joints and they had been acting up on me during the past couple weeks, so he's been realigning me.  He worked on my neck yesterday and today I'm feeling pretty good.  I think most of the issue with my neck stems from now trying to sleep on my side.  I have a body pillow, but I'll have to try the snoogle and see if it is any better.  At any rate I am feeling much better so I'll take it!  I just feel like I'm way to early in this pregnancy to be having these pains (hips and muscles), I'm only 15 weeks!  It makes me nervous about what's to come!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notanewbie. Show Notanewbie's posts

Antimony: I saw a chiro too during my pregnancy and it really did help.  My OB sort of pooh-poohed the idea and told me he didn't think it would help since aches and pains just come with pregnancy. I found the chiro to be most useful in dealing with my neck pain and, to a lesser extent, some of the hip pain.  Good luck!  I think the snoogle might help, but the most important thing is to try and keep your spine aligned when you sleep - a proper head pillow with good side sleeping support is critical.