April updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Re: April updates

Congratulations Trouble! Did she flip? Can't wait to hear the story when you have a few minutes!

I went to my 22 week check up today and all is well, gaining the right weight and the belly is the right size. My next appointment (week 26?) is the second glucose test and then I'll be going to the doctor every three weeks. I have to say, it feels like the pregnancy is going by SO FAST!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Congrats, Trouble! I'm glad all of you are doing well. Smile

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My aunt is a chiropractor and has excellent results with her pregnant patients.  But, not all of them are equal - as with MDs, some chiropractors are better than others and I'd be sure to go to one with experience and special training with pregnancy.  Don't be afraid to ask them specific and pointed questions before getting treated.  A decent chiropractor will be happy to hear you being so concerned for yours and your baby's health; only the not so good ones will be offended.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Thanks all!  Here's my DD's birth story:

We were scheduled for a c-section on May 5th, but on Friday, April 23rd at about 7:30am when I went to take my morning pee, I felt a pop.  I said, “uh oh!” and I just knew my water broke.  Immediately after, I got the worst pain in my back and laid down until the pain stopped while DH was asking me for the phone number of the patients in labor line for our OB/midwives.  The pain went away so I thought I might be OK, but then the fluid started coming out.  DH was great and ran to get towels (I didn’t want to ruin our brand new bed!).  We paged the midwives and waited for a call back.  I had been planning on working from home that day anyway, and I sent out a few work emails and let people know I would be on maternity leave in between contractions!  Since we knew we had to have a c-section with the baby being breech, we also knew we would have to get to the hospital quickly, but we didn’t even have a bag packed yet!  DH was a little flustered trying to get everything done – he looked for my underwear in the towel closet!  Then he got into gear and just started taking drawers out of the dresser for me to pick out what I needed (funnily enough, I never wore anything that I brought!).  When the midwife didn’t return out call by 9am, we called again and (glad we did since the original page was never received).  We got an immediate call back with the midwife asking, “Is it true your water broke?!”  And we were told to get to the hospital as soon as possible. 

We arrived at the hospital at 10:30am as fluid continued to flow out during the car ride and while waiting for an antenatal room.  I thought it flowed out all at once – not in spurts!  Anyway, I was immediately put on a fetal heart monitor and the baby was in great shape, but my contractions, though short, were 10 minutes apart – and painful!  They rolled in the ultrasound machine and of course the baby was still breech – no surprise to me since I hadn’t felt any changes in movement.  So I was told I’d be having a c-section at 1pm.  They did blood work and had me meet with the anesthesiologist, and my midwife explained the procedure to me.  All things that would normally have been done the day before the surgery.  I was so happy that the midwife would stay for the entire procedure, but a little bummed that my OB would not be able to do the surgery since he was on vacation.  Instead another OB from his office performed the surgery assisted by the on-call OB at the hospital.  I was getting increasingly nervous, but the contractions were very painful and all in my back, so I figured I would have had bad back labor if I had been able to deliver vaginally. 

Finally right before 1pm, I walked into the OR.  DH couldn’t come in until after the anesthesia was administered.  I remember thinking how bright the room was.  I never had surgery before and to me it looked like the set of a TV show.  I sat on the table and the anesthesiologist gave me a local anesthetic, which burned, prior to giving me a spinal.  I was absolutely terrified and the nurse saw it and was so great and told me to relax and no one was going to hurt me.  Everyone was so great at NWH.  They made me feel like I was their only patient.  So right after receiving the spinal they quickly laid me down and inserted a catheter.  Really before I knew it, I couldn’t feel below my chest.  I could feel pressure as the started and then DH (finally) was allowed in.  At 1:18pm the baby was born.  They held her up and brought her over to the scale and warmer to do the apgar test.  At this point we still didn’t even know the gender, so the midwife said DH should go to the baby and see what is was and how it was doing.  I heard him say, “It’s a girl?  It’s a girl!”  I couldn’t even believe it since I had totally convinced myself we were having a boy!  And then they both came over to where my head was and I saw the little blond cutie – who looks exactly like DH!  I was a little out of it though and they still had to close me up.  I felt a little nauseous and dizzy, but the anesthesiologist was able to give me something to fix that and soon enough they were all done and they put her on my chest to hold as they wheeled me into recovery.  I was in the recovery room for about 2 hours and she went to breast right away!  I was so relieved because I was worried about the c-section screwing me up and maybe having a problem nursing.  There was no problem at all! 

Before I knew it I was in my room and relaxing with DD.  I stayed in the hospital for 4 nights and I have to say I just loved it and all the support I got from the nurses with breast feeding, changings and all the baby stuff I just didn’t know about.  The pain has been totally manageable, and really only feels bad when I sit up and stand up.  I’m hoping to be off pain meds soon. 

I never imagined I would possibly experience this much joy from having DD.  Everyday seems like a week (in a good way) as we both learn about each other.  She is amazing and I love every minute I spend with her despite the sore nipples and rock hard breasts!  I wouldn’t change a thing J

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Trouble - I totally got all teary and hoped no one would walk by my cubicle as I read your story.  Such a great, wonderful story it is!  You wrote it in such a way as to abate any fears I have about delivery (I'll have to re-read it when I'm 38ish weeks).  Thank you for sharing! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

It is a great story Trouble.  Gave me chills!  Congrats again!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from austengirl. Show austengirl's posts

Congrats Trouble!  Your story is very much appreciated as was RHM's.  As we do not hear enough positive stories.  I know a csec was not your ultimate plan but it had a very positive feel none the less.  Thank you.
    And Congrats to you and your DH and DD!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Antimony79. Show Antimony79's posts

Congrats Trouble!!  Loved your birth story!!  So happy for you!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

Well done all!  Hope the BF goes well.  Best wishes!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Hooray for Trouble! I'm so happy for you.

Incidentally, I had back labor too, and it was no joke. The contractions alone weren't so horrible, but the spinal pain was excruciating.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Congrats Trouble! I'm so sorry the versioning didn't work, but it sounds like everything was OK in the end. Great to hear your story.