August 2012 pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

August 2012 pregnancy

Who's on deck for August? Best wishes!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: August 2012 pregnancy

Winter, that suucks about the possible lactose problem given your extreme love of all things dairy. However, your symptoms are very suspicious of that regardless of how pregnancy tends to lesson that intolerance or how much you wish it weren't happening. Even though the baby is doing well as far as weight goes, nutrient wise neither of you are doing particularly great if you are regularly experiencing diarrhea with blood. Your digestive health is critical to your overall health and your baby's nutritional needs. If you cut dairy out for two days you should be aware of your body's response, for better or not, and you can go from there. Sorry!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Thanks for getting august started Kar! 

Any news from Poppy?  We don't want labor to start for her before her scheduled c-sec day! 

I have less than 5 weeks to go now - due on Labor Day.  I don't remember feeling this wiped out with DD at this point, but I guess every pregnancy is different.  Looking forward to two long weekends ahead, time to relax, hang out with family, go to the beach, and have 6 other people around to keep the 21 month old ball of energy entertained!  I am slowly chipping away on the work front, but still feel like there's a lot to do, and crossing my fingers that this baby doesn't want to arrive before September so I can get them done.  And of course, I'm just wishing it already was done, so I could just sit here and clean my desk, compose my away message and wait!!!

And at home, I really only have 2 big things on the list to finish...and just need to schedule a day for my dad to come to daycare for pickup so he can meet DD's teachers and the director in case he's got to get her in those first couple of weeks...he's already on the authorized pickup list, but I think it'd be nice to go in in advance of the big day, you know? 

How's everyone else doing? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Still here!  No more excitement after yesterday.  Except that I'm sick again, seemingly with a different ailment than last week. So I think I'm heading home to sleep.

Luv - I am definitely more wiped out this time around!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Lactose issue:Winter, I hope it‘s a mild case of lactose and it goes away after the baby is here.  You don’t have to go crazy changing your diet.  A few minor chances can allow you to continue to eat the foods you love.  Frist, I recommend that you but some lactase supplement caplets (found in the digestive area at most stores). You can take one of these caplets before you have something with dairy in it. 

I would also go out and buy some Lactaid milk.  If you are already drinking 1% milk you will not find a difference between regular milk and Lactaid milk.  You can use Lactaid milk along with a mac and cheese box that contains aged cheddar cheese to make a low lactose meal which will be gentler on your system.  When making dishes that contain cheese I recommend you a 6 blend cheese mix or one of Cabot cheeses.  They both contain little or no lactose.  Click on the links for more information.  Ice cream, you use the Lactaid brand which has a good taste and it’s creamy like regular ice cream.  Ben & Jerry’s  and
    Häagen-Dazs ice cream also contain low lactose.  I hope this tips help you out and if you need any more suggestions just ask.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

These are all great ideas! I do suggest cutting it out just for a couple of days, though, just to make the response as obvious as possible, either proving it is the dairy that is causing the problem or it clearly isn't. And, if it is, these things are awesome to implement...we've come a long way since lactose intolerance was first understood!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

luv: ditto to your post! I was torn when DS arrived, because I loved having him with me the all the time, but although I am ready to not be pregnant any more I have so much to do, I am also not ready to go out on leave.

poppy, sorry you still aren't feeling well. that stinks.

Re the lactose- thanks for the tips. I think that my biggest concern was that my symptoms do not seem to match up with what I know about it or read on line, I have no stomach cramping, no gas, no bloating, and no diarrhea (my BMs are all formed, just soft). The blood in the stool is not common for lactose intolerance. And, my urgent need to go to the bathroom- either #1` or #2 - seem to be more associated with standing up with an 8 pound baby in there rather than meals.  the nurse's other suggestion was a colonoscopy, which I have to say 3 weeks before my due date does not sound appealing at all.  I have significantly cut back on the dairy for the weekend and see my normal doc on Monday.

otherwise, things are going ok... I have the car seats in, most of the room prepped, and DH lugged the bassinet up two flights of stairs last weekend.  just need to pack a bag, but with how big this baby is, not much of my clothes fit anymore, so I am hesitant to pack those things in a bag I may not touch for a week. oh, and i need to start those lists of DS's schedule and such...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They might not be the most common symptoms, but my grandmother's lactose problem presented that way. Either way, by cutting way back like you have, you'll have a much better idea in a couple of days if there's any correlation. Maybe you'll avoid the colonoscopy by your at home experiment. Not sure which I should root for, though, given how much you love dairy but would hate to have a mystery problem that would require further testing. Best wishes no matter what!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Ugh, the carseat!!  I keep forgetting about that!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

In Response to Re: August 2012 pregnancy:
    Ugh, the carseat!!  I keep forgetting about that!
    Posted by poppy609

We just threw the car seat/base in the trunk so it was there just in case.  The idea was no matter how rushed we were leaving the house when I was in labor, it would be in the car and DH could move the toddler seat to the side and install the baby seat.  In reality, I was very restless during labor and installed the seat in the middle of the night while I was walking around, killing moths and doing other unnecessary things.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Hi all, just checking in to let you all know I had my baby last week! She came 10 days early and she is doing great! My water broke at about 10 pm and we got to the hospital around midnight. I was having very minor contractions and was only 1 cm dialated so they gave me pitocin around 1:00 am. I labored until 6:00 am when I got an epidural at about 5 cm. DD arrived a little before 11 am weighing 7 lbs 6 oz. All in all it's been so much easier this time around as compared to my post-birth experience with DD #1. I only had a small tear and the entire labor went more quickly and I didn't aggravate as many muscles while pushing. I am still pretty weak - cant stand up for too long without my legs aching - but feeling good overall. It also helps that DD#2 is a sleeper! She has gone as long as 4 hrs at night - pretty amazing for such a little baby. Hoping it continues but even if it doesnt, the fact that we have already gotten a long stretch is so encouraging! Hope everyone else doing well. Quiet on the boards these days!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congrats Rama! Enjoy your little girl!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

rama that is great! congrats on the easier delivery!! hope your stregnth improves soon.

AFM, it is not a lactose problem, which I am happy about, but the bad news is it is clearly something else. Have an urgent GI appt today...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, Rama!! 10 days, that must have been a surprise! I don't think it'd have had my bag packed, lol. Winter, I hope they figure it out pronto and that the solution is easy and you respond quickly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Congrats, Rama and family!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Congratulations, Rama!!!

Good luck at your appointment today, winter. I really hope it's nothing serious.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Congratulations on your little girl, Rama!  10 days early - surprise!  I'm so glad that the labor went well and you are recovering faster.  Great that she's proving to be a sleeper!

Winter - good luck today, I hope they sort it out so you can feel back to normal asap. GI stuff s*cks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

This baby totally dropped overnight.  Such a weird sensation!  I don't remember this happening so suddenly with DD.  I felt like something was going on all afternoon and evening yesterday, and today people are telling me I look different.  I just hope he stays put for another 36 hours or so!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

wow poppy! that is hysterical. I get the feeling it is all different with number 2.
    good luck and keep us posted

ps. i think that i no longer fit at my desk, which is very inconvenient, because I have a lot of work to finish up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Poppy, I'm sending non-labor vibes your way so you can get your calm, peaceful planned c-section tomorrow! 

I'm starting in on the weekly app'ts today; officially am 36 weeks, 3 days today, so getting ever closer.  Since DD was a planned c-section and breech, I feel like this time is so different.  I have been feeling more sharp pains "down there" in the last week or so; the kicks are totally different; and sleep is so much harder.  I also think I'm starting to drop a bit...I look down and still can't see my feet, but my belly seems lower somehow. 

My to-do list for work is slowly whittling down, but when you combine a lot of multi-step tasks with pregnancy brain, it is not always pretty.  And explains why I've had to completely recreate the same 10,000 record spreadsheet 3 times in the past 2 days.  Hopefully 3rd time is finally the charm!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LCGCmomma. Show LCGCmomma's posts

Congrats Rama! Made it to 32 weeks here and can't wait to be done! There is still way too much to do at home and work to be ready, but I'm having much more sciatica/heartburn/discomfort with #2. I can't wait to have my body back and meet DS2...

I had mentioned in an earlier post that we are having a small get-together to celebrate the coming of DS2 and share some time with family and friends. I was talking to a friend this past week and she told me that the proper term for a second (or third, etc) gathering is a baby "sprinkle" instead of a baby "shower". It is a lighter/smaller event with less emphasis on loading up the new mom with all the stuff you might need the first time around. I thought that was brilliant and wanted to pass it along!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Poppy - is your c-section scheduled for tomorrow? Good luck!!! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and your baby boy.

Who is next after Poppy? Winter? It doesn't seem like there are very many of us left.

Luv- How did everything check out at your appointment? Is the baby still in a good position for you?

I'm 35 weeks now and can't believe that the end is in sight. I have my next appointment Saturday and it'll be about 3 weeks from my last one so I'm anxious to see if I've grown at all. I don't feel huge yet and my boss commented recently that I only look 6 months pregnant. The baby seems to be getting a lot more powerful so I'm assuming s/he is growing.

ETA: LCG, love that "sprinkle". We're only on the first so we were lucky to have a full out shower plus have a couple smaller ones coming up soon - maybe they can also be called sprinkles!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

I know- this board has been pretty quiet!  I am due two weeks from today, but am thinking of starting a campaign to get her to move early this weekend :)

LCGC and cici- have a great time at your showers/sprinkles

poppy- good luck!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Hello!  Sitting in my Winchester Hospital room with baby boy on my lap.  I say "baby boy" not to protect his identity, but because he does not officially have a name yet.  I think we've basically picked, but my husband is hesitating on the middle name.  Probably driving our families crazy that we haven't chosen!

C-section was Friday morning at 7:30am.  Was a *piece of cake*.  Nothing compared to my first labor/delivery.  I was really nervous - I think the anticipation of knowing you are heading into major surgery is the worst part.  The reality was so smooth and calm.  I first panicked when the nurse said "catheter" because I forgot that my first time around I had the epi before the catheter was put in.  But it was fine.  Then of course I panicked (was shaking) right before the spinal, and it was nothing.  Totally fine.  A bit weird feeling, of course, but not bad at all.  I laid down, they put the sheet up, DH was let in, and my dr. was saying, "Ok, in a minute he'll be born!!" then was holding him around the side of the sheet so we could see!  It was so fast! 

He was 7/7 and 20.5 inches.  Good size, smaller than DD but she was almost 2 weeks later.  Biggest shock is his head full of light blond hair!  DD had almost black hair!  DH cannot get over it and I keep having to remind him he has a blond wife. :)

Things have been ok, but I bled a bit afterwards (more than they liked) and have been light-headed and headachy for a couple of days so they are watching me like a hawk and keep taking blood.  Hopefully the last draw will show I'm fine.  Baby has been great, nursing well and no jaundice or any other concerns.  DD has been great, but a bit upset that I'm not home (will write more about that later, maybe save it for Infants and Toddlers) but she's great when she visits, although not sure she wants to touch the baby just yet.

Am behind on reading posts - hope everyone else is doing well!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Congratulations on your baby boy Poppy!  I am glad to hear everyone is doing well!

Sections
Shortcuts