August 2012 pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from memes98. Show memes98's posts

Re: August 2012 pregnancy

Thanks all!  And yes, medford you are right, my DD will be 25 months in a couple days.  Sunday and Monday for me were pretty bad.  Super exhausted (which is similar to what I experienced the first time around), and a lot of nausea.  I guess I should be thankful though that I have yet to actually get sick, I just have the nausea.  I was googling yesterday at work because all I could think about was wanting to lay down, and it recommended the usual things like eating small meals and carbs, etc.  But, it also said that MS can be worse if you are tired.  That made sense to me because I had to go to a 30th bday party on Saturday and didn't get to sleep until midnight (still needed to pretend like all was normal with me since it is early).  I think I was paying for that on Sunday and Monday, because I feel better today.  I also read to try to get up slowly in the morning, which I did do this morning.  Any other tips to quell the nausea??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Memes, for some reason seltzer helped me a lot with the nausea.  I liked to let a little of the fizz go out of it, and then sipping it throughout the day helped.  Not sure why.  Also eating tiny bits constantly, as you've read.  I could never let myself get hungry or I would feel terrible.
    The only other thing is just to eat whatever you can find that appeals to you, even if it seems strange.  For some reason I wanted to eat all kinds of Asian food (Thai, Chinese, Korean...) but I couldn't even look at a peanut butter sandwich.  Who knows?

There are also ginger chews and Preggie Pops that some people swear by but I never tried.  I will, though, if I follow your lead into child #2.  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Fizzy drinks were good for me too...seltzer, ginger ale.  And I always had some oyster crackers around, just in case I started to feel a little off...just the act of chewing very slowly and then having a little something in my stomach helped me. 

Anyone else feel like these boards have been so quiet in the last week or so?  Not sure if it's vacation season, or just that because I'm checking in more it seems slower.  :) 

Still at work, still nothing, just tired and more and more uncomfortable.  Next OB app't is on Thursday. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Congrats, Memes! I'm thinking lots of good thoughts for you and all the other newly pregnant mamas. I also liked seltzer during the first trimester to a point - I got sick of it after a while. I am not a soda drinker but 2-4 oz of Coke would help at the worst times.

Luv - yes, these boards are really quiet lately! I feel like there are some in early pregnancy and then everyone but a few of us have graduated off this board. Will you be done with work on Friday if you are still pregnant next week? (Not that I'm wishing that on you, just curious). I think if it looks like I'm definitely getting induced next Wednesday then Friday will also be my last day.

I'm still hanging in there too. Almost 38 weeks, my bpp's have been good so far and have another this afternoon so hopefully that will be ok too. I started breaking out yesterday and felt like I was about to start my period earlier today. I'm hoping that means things are moving along so my induction won't be too terrible next week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Cici, I'll be sending good thoughts your way.  My MW said that even if you're just a little bit dilated on your own, it makes the induction go so much better! Also, I'd suggest that you and DH go on a really fabulous date over the weekend; we did that before my scheduled c-section for DD, and it was great!  This time, we did it a couple of weeks ago when we were at the Cape, and still nice, but so different from the anticipation for that first time around. 

I'm planning to keep coming to work next week if nothing's happened over the weekend.  Between the A/C and the change to make the maternity leave a few days longer, I'll gladly come in, turn on the computer and figure out something to do.  Enough of the projects that I'm working on have involved some sort of handoff that I think my colleagues would be happy for every extra day I show up to take something off of their list (we're an office of only 6, so pretty much everyone is inheriting something off my plate for a few months). 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

well, since it's quiet, I will share with you guys my semi-OT situation.  Right now, AF is two days late, and I'm debating whether to go buy a pg test, or wait for a couple more days.
    But here's the really embarrassing part: if it turns out I am pregnant, I'm not sure whether it will be 5 weeks or 9 weeks.  I feel really dumb!!
    After getting AF back last year, I kept track for a few months and it was very regular.  So I stopped keeping track, and if I ever was thinking about when it would come again, I would think about what events were going on last time I had it.  But now I can only track it back to what should have been 2 cycles ago and I can't remember after that.
    I can even remember that last time it came it was a day late and I cried and was disappointed.  But I cannot for the life of me remember when that was, and the only person I told was DH.
    So that's pretty un-smart and I'm going to start keeping track!  In the mean time I am going to try to make myself wait a couple of days.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Medford, nothing to be embarrassed about!  If it's a positive test, and you are further along than you thought, all the better to be closer to being out of the danger zone without all the anxiety that time usually has!  And if you're closer to 5 weeks and it is positive, heck, it's positive, so it's a good thing! 

If it makes you feel any better, when I found out I was pregnant with my first daughter, it was right after I had had a miscarriage.  I kept waiting and waiting for my period to come so we could start trying again, and it just didn't!  My back would hurt, my chest would be tender, all the PMS signs, but nothing...when I finally took a test, thinking there was no way, I almost fell off the toilet!  I was almost 10 weeks along when all that happened, and now she's 22 months old. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

thanks, luv!  :)  that's a great story about your older DD.  You must have been so surprised!
    I'll keep you guys posted, but I'm going to try to hold out until Thursday at least.
    Don't want to get my hopes up.  (Although they are already, so maybe better to not prolong it??)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Med, hoping for a bfp with you, and I agree with luv, why would you be embarrassed? I know a woman who believed the myth wholeheartedly that you cannot possibly get pg while you're breast feeding. She was lying in bed one night when their daughter was six months old and she felt an undeniable kick in the kidney...from the inside....yup, she was five months preganant and had attributed all the signs to just having given birth and breast feeding. She never got her period back. Not knowing if you're 5 or 9 weeks is he most common thing in the world. Hoping it's one of them. :) if you're usually very regular, go get a test - it should be positive if you're pregnant and you're actually late even if it's this cycle instead of the previous one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from memes98. Show memes98's posts

Medford - I would go test if I were you! Two days late calls for a test in my book (or 4 weeks and 2 days)! :)

That would be too funny because then we would have two LOs at about the same age....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I definitely say go test!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

In Response to Re: August 2012 pregnancy:
    I definitely say go test!
    Posted by SilverFestiva

Love seeing your name appear on this thread!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

In Response to Re: August 2012 pregnancy:
    In Response to Re: August 2012 pregnancy : Love seeing your name appear on this thread!!
    Posted by framerican51008

not as much as you love seeing my face!! :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Medford... lurking from other boards... TEST!  Now you've got 10+ other ladies dying to know :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

just logged on for the first time today... you guys are the BEST.  It is seriously making me well up to see such encouragement.
    I actually made a target run this AM and bought a test... but left it in the car so I won't be tempted at work!
    But after DH, you guys will be first to know the results!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I was going to say, you can't keep us all on the edge of our seats medford!  But didn't want to sound too selfish :o)
    Best wishes!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maple76. Show Maple76's posts

While we are waiting for Medford to test, I'll announce my BFP. I think I'm 5 weeks.

I've been lurking for months (years) and rarely post but keep you all in my thoughts. My fingers are crossed for you Medford!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

congrats, maple!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congrats to the new BFP's and best of luck medford.  You're a better wife than I am because I would have been racing for the ladies room at work. It's nice to see these boards getting active again!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

congratulations, Maple!  :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Maple, I remember you fondly - congrats and best wishes for a healthy pregnancy and baby! Med, you're three days late, now? We' all on the edge of our seats!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

In response to August 2012 pregnancy:

Medford... lurking from other boards... TEST!  Now you've got 10+ other ladies dying to know :-)

11+

And congrats to Maple and Memes!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from memes98. Show memes98's posts

Congrats Maple!  We should be very close in terms of due dates.  I am about 6.5 weeks and due date should be 4/22.  How about you?  How are you feeling?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

the suspense is over... tested last night and it came back POSITIVE.  Can't believe it!
    I'm really in a crazy state of happiness and also alarm and surprise.  Not sure why I'm so surprised, since we were trying, but I guess I just didn't have a feeling that it was going to happen this time.  That also has me with that tentative early feeling where you're excited but still in disbelief.
    So it'll be either April or May.  :)  I think eventually the doctor can probably tell which one?  Not sure.
    Boy... I've been eating hot dogs, runny eggs, and deli turkey, chased with coffee and beer.  Oy vey.  (In seriousness, these were all in moderation so I'm not truly worried - just still laughing at myself for being so disorganized that I don't even know what's going on with my own body!)

Thanks to all of you for the sweet encouragement.  After the excitement with DH died down last night, the first thing I thought was, "I can't wait to post on BDC!"  And Maple and Memes, it's extra nice to know you're around the same time!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Medford, I've been waiting for this post!!  Congrats!!!  So excited for you and DH.  Wouldn't it be just fantastic if you were already 9 weeks, as Luv said, with half of the worry period already behind you.  Don't even give the hot dogs and eggs, and beer a second thought.  When can you make an appointment to find out?

Maple, I very fondly remember your cow icon :-)  Congrats and good luck.  

So great to see, for those that are newly PG and those that are lurking that there will be a whole new crop of PG ladies to take the journey together!

Sections
Shortcuts