BC after baby?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: BC after baby?

I am in the same boat as amy-lynn; all my pills had some hormone.  But, I did have bleeding every month, lighter than without it.  I think it was 2 days after the color of the pills changed.  I was on Mircette.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Thanks for the responses! I'm so confused about this mini pill - I took just one package to wean off the regular pill because of side effects during the placebo week. I got a normal "period" the week I started the pack (in the middle of November) and nothing since I finished it last Friday. I can't really find much online about if I was supposed to get a period or not, just some unhelpful information saying about 50% will get regular periods and others will be irregular. My doctor never mentioned anything about it either way so I thought it would be the same as the regular pill. I'm assuming that I'm not pg because I don't have all the typical symptoms so it's probably just a matter of waiting for things to regulate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My "period" was the same on the minipill as it was on the the regular one (tricyclen).  The only difference was that I didn't get side effects (headaches, weight gain, mood swings) on the minipill.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

I had a regular, fairly light period every month I was on the mini pill.  At the beginning, when I was solely breastfeeding, it was great.  As my daughter started to eat solid food and my breastfeeding became less constant things got a little dicey.  Towards the end I started to get freaked out I wasn't being properly protected from contraception because I started to spot almost constantly, as if I were having withdrawal bleeding every night before I took my pill again the next morning.  I imagine it was because I had started to wean my daughter so I wasn't breastfeeding as frequently.  I did start menstruating 6 weeks postpartum (seriously, 5 weeks of lochia, then bam, period! ugh) so I guess I'm on the more likely to be regular while on the minipill end of the spectrum. 

I think one of the issues with the minipill and how it is statistically less likely to prevent pregnancy than other methods is that it is so different for each woman who uses it, depending on how her body reacts.

Condoms would have been great, but I've got a latex sensitivity/burgeoning allergy that makes it impossible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I just started on the mini pill as of last week.  My OB said I won't get pregnant as long as I am breastfeeding while taking it.  Pretty much said the second I stop breastfeeding I could get pregnant.  I forgot to take one pill this week and even though I am bfeeding I got my period full force!  I'm assuming it was a reaction to missing the one pill but my goodness, I'd only been on them for like 3 days when I forgot!  You wouldn't think my body would react that strongly, since I really didn't think it was typical to get your period when bfeeding.

I'm slightly suspicious that this pill will actually work for me, partially because my cycles have always been very strong and regular, and then with this reaction to missing one pill... so we'll see!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Melsau2006. Show Melsau2006's posts

I got the IUD two-months post-partum from my 4th baby.  It's the second time I've had the Mirena. (I had the first one for 5 years, got it removed, and got pregnant within months, so if you MIGHT EVER want to have kids again, it is a good option.)
    The only issue I ever had with it was spotty bleeding the first few months. But for the most part, I went without a period the entire time I had it.  I love it, and it was covered by my insurance 100%. They wouldn't cover the pill 100%, but they paid for this! Weird!

Sections
Shortcuts