Carseat for #2?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTMum. Show CTMum's posts

Carseat for #2?

I've been mulling this over for a few days and thought I'd toss it out for feedback from all of you:

We're expecting #2 in June.  Our daughter will be turning 3 right around the same time.  We used an infant car seat for our daughter, which I loved.  She was in it for about 9 months before transitioning to her convertible.

The car seat is still in terrific shape, was never in an accident and was new when she was born (thus, come June and for the duration of the projected use for #2, it will be less than 5 years old).  Can I use if for Baby #2?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Re: Carseat for #2?

I plan on using the same car seat for my new baby due in July.  DD will be 2 1/2 at that time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

They say they are good for 5 years, so I don't see why not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

I agree--if it's still in good shape and hasn't been in an accident or recalled, use it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

I triple agree.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

Mine are 2.5 years apart and I never considered anything different, so I'd say go for it!  You're going to have to get a new converable soon enough!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Yup, we're using our old one now!  The only funny thing might be if you have a preemie and for some reason the hospital doesn't like the way the baby fits in it when they do the car seat test at the hospital.  That happened to my brother and they had to run out and buy a new one before the hospital would let them go.

I didn't have a preemie (in fact he was 8 days late), and nobody at the hospital looked twice at my car seat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

If you look at the labels on it there might be an expiration date.  I know there was one on our Graco.  I would say you are safe though.

Sections
Shortcuts