Isis Parenting is colaborating with Vida-Health making a 15 min. film educating women about the implications of induction before 38 weeks, late-preterm babies, and c/section prevention.  Good stuff. Filming is underway but we are in need of a couple of pregnant (or new mom) women of color to interview.

More info:

Vida Health Communications has been making media about women's health and early childhood development for over 20 years. (www.vida-health.com)

For our current project, we are looking to interview women of color who are pregnant. We would like to hear about your anticipation of labor and delivery. Are you nervous? Are you excited? Do you have a funny story to share?

We are also looking for new moms to share positive birth experiences.

We are filming in Cambridge on the 7th and the 11th of October. The interviews will last 1/2 hr to 45 minutes.
We offer a small stipend of $75 for the interview and a copy of the final DVD.

While our films are grounded on real stories, we sometimes need to ask women to deliver some short lines that are scripted. 

For example, we might need something like:

“I've noticed that a lot of my internet searches are about childbirth. And, I'll tell you, it's not always helpful what you find out there. Actually, it's kind of confusing sometimes.”

or

“So, I get what  babies get out of a full term pregnancy, but I hear those last weeks when you're so big can be tough.”

Or, we may ask you to get into the mind set of you were in when you were pregnant and to act as if you were still pregnant.

So, if you are an actress or imagine you can act, please contact us!

Allie Humenuk
humenuk@vida-health.com
Please send a photo and include a phone number and the best times to reach you.

This is a non-union shoot, so we cannot work with SAG actors.