Clueless--What baby stores are around Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlitzyCity. Show GlitzyCity's posts

Clueless--What baby stores are around Boston?

Hi everyone,

I'm PG with our first, and I have absolutely no idea where there are any baby stores. The only one I know of in the greater Boston area is Babies R' Us in Everett. Does anyone know of any others? We'd be looking for stores where we can get cribs, car seats, supplies, clothing, wipes, stuff like that. (Not along the lines of Gymboree or Baby Gap.)

We are not adverse to traveling at all, so any reccommendations would be very helpful. We need to pick up a crib, pack and play, etc...  Thanks so much! :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Re: Clueless--What baby stores are around Boston?

There's a Buy Buy Baby in Braintree (by the Barnes and Noble). I haven't been to that location in particular, but I love the one in Nashua. They also take Babies R Us and Bed Bath and Beyond coupons (as well as Bed Bath and Beyond gift cards).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mo41083. Show Mo41083's posts

There's also the Baby Furniture Warehouse in Reading and a couple locations of Isis Parenting around. Jordan's Furniture also has a nice selection of nursery furniture. Good luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

In response to GlitzyCity's comment:

Hi everyone,

I'm PG with our first, and I have absolutely no idea where there are any baby stores. The only one I know of in the greater Boston area is Babies R' Us in Everett. Does anyone know of any others? We'd be looking for stores where we can get cribs, car seats, supplies, clothing, wipes, stuff like that. (Not along the lines of Gymboree or Baby Gap.)

We are not adverse to traveling at all, so any reccommendations would be very helpful. We need to pick up a crib, pack and play, etc...  Thanks so much! :)

Not sure where you are located, but Babies'R Us is everywhere, North, South and West, so if that particular store isn't convienent, go online to look for one closer.

There is a Buy Buy Baby in Braintree, and I think there might be one north of Boston as well. They are owned by the same company as Bed Bath and Beyond, and will take their coupons. It has the same types of stuff as Babies R Us, but sometimes different brands, so if you can't find the right crib or stroller at one, try the other. 

For cribs and baby furniture, there is Baby Furniture Warehouse, I think one is in Reading and the other in Braintree.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

There is also Baby Boudoir for furniture in New Bedford. They also have an outlet in New Bedford. They have a great selection. And there is Magic Beans in Cambridge, Boston, and Brookline for gear and furniture. Customer service is excellent at both those places. We've also ordered online from amazon and albeebaby.com. happy shopping!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasMM379. Show wasMM379's posts

Don't forget Magic Beans!  Great hands-on advice!  Several locations.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wedplan. Show Wedplan's posts

For Strollers and other items there is Isis and there are locations around Boston, including in the Pru - they let you test drive strollers to see what will work with you, I think they even have stroller school to help find the right fit for what you want to do with it - stroll, jog, add baby #2 eventually, etc.

Buy Buy Baby in Braintree is great, well organized and also good selection, better than BRU, in my opinion.  Also, if you go a little further past the entrance to Buy, buy in Braintree, I think on the left is Wood Road there is Baby Furniture Warehouse, check out their website because sometimes they have specials for an entire nursey set up.  We got a beatiful convertible crib, 2 dressers (with changing pad), and a night stand that will last my sons until at least college.  Just remember to get teething pads for the top of the crib so that they don't bit the wood.  Which is bad for 2 reasons, chewing wood and ingesting the finish - NOT good and it leaves bite marks on the wood that make you want to not want to use the crib for years.  Our crib just became a toddler bed but also converts to a full size bed - the full size rails and the toddler guard were included. 

Congratulations and have fun at this stage before you realize sleep is a thing of the past :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlitzyCity. Show GlitzyCity's posts

Thanks everyone for the super-helpful advice! It's funny the things you don't notice when you aren't expecting. ;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Random tidbit - The Clearance room at the Baby Warehouse in Reading is much bigger than the one in Braintree if anyone is interested.  When we were shopping, I called Braintree and they actually said if I had been to Reading there was no reason go to their location because Reading has more inventory.

Sections
Shortcuts