December Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Re: December Pregnancy

clc, don't listen to them, just nod and say "yeah, yeah."

I heard about 100 times on Christmas day from my sis-in-law why I HAD TO BREASTFEED. Even if I agree with them, I don't need peoples opinions down my throat!

I am currently getting over a migraine, and my doctor said I could only really take Tylenol, which doesn't do anything for migraines, but if there were something I could have taken, I would have! If your doctor says antibiotics are fine, then they are fine!

Oh and my sis-in-law gave me grief for drinking decaf coffe this weekend, because it has so many chemicals. I think it is rude to say things like this (about coffee, drugs) to pregnant women....like we need to worry any more than we do?!

Anyway, hope everyone had a great holiday! Does anyone have crazy NYE plans? I will be eating Chinese and watchin the countdown with my DH this year.

CONGRATS, Luv :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Liz, you know I get insane migraines - something that really does help is a VERY cold compress on your head, neck, and eyes.  Cooling constricts the overly dilated blood vessels in your head.  It especially helps in the "almost gone" or "just coming on" stages.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Congrats, luv!

Clc and Liz -- ugh! I don't know how you deal with comments like that. I've been lucky and the most critical stuff I've gotten has been from people who don't think we should have found out the sex. None of what you talked about is anyone's business but your own. Hope the comments stop!

I'm back at work for a nice slow week while the boss is on vacation. Unfortunately it's not feeling very relaxed -- I need to take advantage of this time to plan for my leave. I have to document everything I do that no one else knows how to (turns out, there's a lot) and make recommendations to my boss for who will cover my responsibilities. Kind of tough when you have a small staff that's already totally overtaxed, and I just can't see them hiring a temp. It doesn't help that I'm now down to my last ten weeks and increasingly do not care about work. I just want to be home getting stuff ready for the baby!

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

In Response to Re: December Pregnancy:
    [QUOTE]Liz, you know I get insane migraines - something that really does help is a VERY cold compress on your head, neck, and eyes.  Cooling constricts the overly dilated blood vessels in your head.  It especially helps in the "almost gone" or "just coming on" stages.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice, Kar! I'm hoping not to get too many of these....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hope you don't, as well, but keep soft frozen packs on hand so if you feel one coming on you can get yourself as cold as possible above the shoulders asap.  If you catch it early enough it might reverse it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Be careful with Chinese food,  MSG is a major migraine trigger for some people. Often it's in the soy sauce even if the restaurant advertises they don't use it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

So the awkward work day continues... a coworker just found out I was pregnant and she KISSED my belly.  That takes things to a whole new level! I didn't even know what to say I just stood there shocked.  I'll be keeping my distance for the next few months.  Luckily she's only in this location once a month.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

CLC, you should just call it a day and go home.  Jeesh!!  Hopefully you are just shaking your head and laughing about it now.

DL makes a good point about MSG.  Its probably worth calling your favorite place, and maybe a back up to see if they use it or if it is in any of their sauces.  Seems soy sauce across the board contains MSG.  We have had lots of Chinese at various holiday parties, including our own.  I have found the restaurants to be very accomodating about answering questions.  Another thing - all the salt in Chinese/ fried.  Talk about bloated!!  Drink TONS of water.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

next time, kiss her belly back.  Seriously. 
    Last time a stranger touched my pregnant belly I grabbed theirs and pinched an inch.

As for the sister in law wtih the decaf coffee comment: not only is she rude, she's wrong factually.  The process of extracting caffeine from coffee is one that involves osmosis.  Decaf coffee tastes a bit off not because of chemicals but because a little bit of the organic compounds present in coffee naturally that contribute to flavor are extracted along with the caffeine.

Brace yourselves more for ridiculous comments and behavior from friends, relations, coworkers, and strangers.

Just wait until people start telling you how to raise your kids!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Hmm, maybe we will just go for pizza :)

Liss...thank you for the clarification on the decaf coffee. I really didn't want to give that up!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Liss - You crack me up with pinching an inch!!!!  Too funny.

I hear ya girls about people making comments.  We just told our extended families over this past holiday and they ask how I am feeling.  So I tell them Im tired and have sore breasts but I luckily am not feeling any sickness.  And their response is "well your going to be a lot more tired when the baby comes!"  I want to say no kidding!  I understand what I am getting myself into!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Now I want Chinese food.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

The only way I ever found to discourage the annoying comments was to not tell people (especially coworkers) anything.  Obviously, they should keep criticisms and unsolicited advice to themselves, but it's just not going to happen.  As a form of self-protection, I basically stopped offering any information at work or to acquaintances that wasn't "I'm great, thanks for asking!" and instead dumped all my problems and questions on these boards.  :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Pugs - I love that you told your extended family that you had sore breasts!

As for NYE, two years ago DH and I started a new tradition where we stay in and together cook a meal and watch a movie.  We got sick of spending lots of money in Boston and usually ending up disappointed.  This is relatively cheap and a fun way to spend NYE together.  This year's menu consists of baked brie (pasteurized, of course, but regardless my coworkers will probably comment), lobster mac n cheese and a dessert of DH's choosing. I can't wait!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

[QUOTE]So the awkward work day continues... a coworker just found out I was pregnant and she KISSED my belly.  That takes things to a whole new level! I didn't even know what to say I just stood there shocked.  I'll be keeping my distance for the next few months.  Luckily she's only in this location once a month.
    Posted by clc51510[/QUOTE]

Man oh man I thought it was bad when a family member and family friend both patted my stomach over the Christmas holiday...I was too in shock to react, since I don't really have much of a bump to be patting! After the fact of course I was seething with anger...I don't know how to convey to people the idea of "don't touch me". I hate being touched to begin with...ugh...I'd definitely keep my distance from that crazy lady if I were you!

Our 16 week appointment is tomorrow- here's hoping they can hear the HB easily this time and we avoid a stressful last minute ultrasound!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

[QUOTE]Pugs - I love that you told your extended family that you had sore breasts! As for NYE, two years ago DH and I started a new tradition where we stay in and together cook a meal and watch a movie.  We got sick of spending lots of money in Boston and usually ending up disappointed.  This is relatively cheap and a fun way to spend NYE together.  This year's menu consists of baked brie (pasteurized, of course, but regardless my coworkers will probably comment), lobster mac n cheese and a dessert of DH's choosing. I can't wait!
    Posted by clc51510[/QUOTE]

Clc, that is awesome! This is going to be my first year not going out with a bunch of people. I just didn't see the point of going into Boston, spending money on parking, etc. and I can't even drink! I love that tradition, what a fantastic way to spend time with your DH! Next NYE, I am looking forward to hanging out with my best friend, her DH and our babies.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from smileyd. Show smileyd's posts

As for NYE, we too hated spending lots of money, so several years ago began hosting a New Years Eve Party.  We had just been to Mexico, so it had a Mexican Theme with a pinata after the ball drop.  The first year, it was all adults.  The second year, there was one 2 month old, this year, there will be 10 kids, aged 2 months - 7 years (including 2 of ours).  Parents bring sleeping bags and pack n plays for the kids.  This year, we're going to do the pinata at 8 for the kids.  It's changed over time, but it's still just about friends getting together for us, and we all love it!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Ooh, Luv!  Thrilled for you!!

CLC – AAARRRGH!  I’m so annoyed for you.  But  I LOVE Kar’s response!  You could also just say, “I’m sorry, I didn’t realize I was wearing a sign that said, “Please give me your opinions on my life choices.”  Wait, I'm not."

I've been so incredibly grouchy these past few days.  The holiday does not bring out the best in me.  Luckily, DD had a great Christmas.  Today is my intake and lab appointment.  I kind of feel like I should take another pregnancy test to see if it's really true that I am pregnant before going in there.  It just all seems so distant and surreal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Has anyone in their third trimester or with a previous pg experienced a recurrence of morning sickness? I'm 30 weeks today and this is the second day in a row that, shortly after breakfast, I've felt awful - weak, nauseous, what I'll delicately call intestinal distress. I figured it might have been what I ate for b-fast yesterday so I went back to my usual cereal today but I feel even worse. Yesterday it had passed by lunch...not sure what today will bring. I have a doc's appt tomorrow but not sure if I should call today...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

If the intestinal distress continues it could lead to dehydration, It wouldn't hurt to call your dr today and describe your symptoms and have him advise you.  Let him decide if you should come in sooner than tomorrow.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Thanks, Poppy!  We're in this together again!  Good luck at your appointment today!!! 

I did take a second POAS test this morning, at DH's insistence.  Still two very pink lines there, so it's definitely true!  I think he goes right to the financial part - will this mean holding off on buying a house a little longer, daycare costs, all of that stuff - which is why he is so nervous.  Plus he said he's actually a little more nervous this time around, since he knows what we're in for, and thinking about what it will be to juggle two! For me, it's more about the worries about how the pregnancy will go, and also how it will effect DD. 

I called today to make my first prenatal appointment...that's when it will be real, until then, fingers crossed!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Arcain, it's not morning sickness at this time in your pregnancy.  You might have a stomach bug, and I'd call right away.  Dehydration can cause early labor.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

CLC- I agree with everyone's responses- summer you too. I started with some quirky quips during my last pregnancy- things like "its amazing how everyone has such different advice- I am following my doctor's instructions very carefully" (after I had someone tell me that i was being too picky about not eating RAW FISH at a work party).  I also told someone that when people touched my belly it made me nauseous.  However, you really do have to start to ignore it, because it will continue after your child is born.

luv... i keep wavering on a second POAS test... DH asked me the other day- are you sure? I told him that a BFP and no period for a month usually means pregnant... but now I kinda want to retest.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

[QUOTE]Has anyone in their third trimester or with a previous pg experienced a recurrence of morning sickness? I'm 30 weeks today and this is the second day in a row that, shortly after breakfast, I've felt awful - weak, nauseous, what I'll delicately call intestinal distress. I figured it might have been what I ate for b-fast yesterday so I went back to my usual cereal today but I feel even worse. Yesterday it had passed by lunch...not sure what today will bring. I have a doc's appt tomorrow but not sure if I should call today...
    Posted by Arcain[/QUOTE]

Arcain, it's actually pretty common to feel nauseous in the third trimester. I definitely had days where I felt nauseous and woozy. It could be partly hormonal (yes, your hormones are still all over the place). It could also be because the baby is squishing your stomach, leading to indigestion. Smaller meals more frequently may help there. As long as you are hydrated, you can probably wait until tomorrow to bring it up with your doctor.

As for "intestinal distress", I had the opposite of pg constipation for the last 14 weeks of my pregnancy. A cup or two of yogurt a day (I usually ate the Greek stuff) helped me to feel better and keep things pretty well under control. My OB chalked it up to hormones.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

@Arcain: Nausea in the third trimester is a fairly common thing. I had it with pg #1.  I'd obviously do what you can to rule out stomach bug etc. but it's entirely possible/plausible your nausea is back for a little bit.  Think of it as a fun bookend to your pregnancy...lol.  Eat lots of saltines and keep your fluids up and hopefully you will feel better soon!

AFM, I'm 7.5 weeks and have an u/s scheduled for Friday. I'm eagerly awaiting it, and crossing my fingers for a healthy bean with good heartbeat.  I'm a little nervous for the u/s because it was this u/s in my pregnancy with DD that they discovered I was carrying twins (one ultimately never made it).  It was an anxiety-filled few weeks with lots of u/s and back and forth on whether baby # 2 was going to survive.  I'm hoping that this time the u/s shows a healthy bean and no cause to return for a follow up other than the regular appointments.

Lots of us due in July/August!!  We will have to offer lots of support eachother when its 100 degrees outside and we're all huge... :)

Sections
Shortcuts