December Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: December Pregnancy

I say wake those DH's up and take advantage of the moment. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

In Response to Re: December Pregnancy:
    Summer, I know what you mean.  You just want to get pregnant enough so you look pregnant to strangers, not just chubby because you ate too many Christmas cookies. In other news, I've entered in the part of pregnancy where I apparently have crazy sex dreams.  I'm usually a pretty vivid dreamer anyway but pregnancy does something strange to my brain.  This happened last time too, just later on.  Who knows.  Am I the only weirdo this happens to? I suppose I should be grateful and just roll with it but honestly, it's kind of exhausting haha.
    Posted by lissafro

Funny you should mention it, I just had the first one last night.  Crazy doesn't begin to describe it.  Makes me wonder if the bean is a boy and there is testosterone raging through my system?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Another former EP'er here.  I hated it so much. The twins wouldn't latch and by the time I had some supply they were already getting more formula than BM anyway.  Feding two babies and then getting on the pump was absolute torture and made me cry everyday. So I did 8 weeks and quit. We became a formula family and there was a lot less stress because of it.
    If you can nurse - please do - I wish I had been able to. You can always pump enough to give a nighttime bottle to get some rest. Or you can suppliment with formula at night too.
    Good luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

On the sex dreams - oh man, I have to admit I had a very vivid sex dream that unfortunately did not involve my husband. In that foggy just woke up moment, I swear I had to double check reality and ask myself "Is DH really the father of your baby?"

bad, bad, bad....oh, FWIW I had a girl (so there does the testosterone theory!)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

I had crazy sex dreams last time this time I have just been having crazy dreams!!  Very action like...escaping from criminals like I'm James Bond or something.  Had a boy last time and will find out next week what we are having this time.  I was also way more into sex in general last time.  This time I don't know if it is just because of work and DS and just being tired overall or what it is but just not into it as much.

I'm currently trying to find petite maternity pants.  Ordered some stuff from old navy and hoping it comes soon.  Being short and pregnant in winter is tough.  I just moved into the maternity clothes and I am so glad I did but having such a tough time finding pants.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Just had an episode of VERY fast heartrate that lasted a minute or so...I'm talking like well over 120bpm, if I could've even measured it. My heartrate is fast to begin with, and with a history of anxiety, it's not abnormal to feel it race a bit. But this was just too much- and brought on by simply blowing my nose! It returned to normal after a minute or so, but out of nervousness I called my OB's office and had the dr. on call paged, still waiting to hear back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Liz - definitely included "you know" -- that's what wakes me up.  I wouldn't mind as much but I'm still feeling morning sickness once in a while when I'm tired and I pretty much vomit upon O still (it's been a great, fulfilling first trimest for me, ugh).  So these dreams were pretty much destroying my REM sleep and then leading to me waking up and having to stagger knock-kneed and disoriented to the bathroom to throw up.

Mine aren't even sexy sex dreams with men or people or anything.  They're just weird dreams that consist of me doing normal/odd stuff and being incredibly aroused during it.  For example, oh, I'm in a carnival walking around, eating cotton candy.  OMG, this cotton candy just makes me want to take my clothes off!
    Or,
    wow, a WWI-era airplane!  Look at it spin!  I think I'm going to pick some flowers in this field while I watch the airplane.  Ooh, maybe I'll walk over into those woods in case the airplane crashes.  Oh, the trees!  The trees are SOOOO beautiful!  The bark on these trees is aMAAAZING!  I think I'll roll around on the ground for a bit.

Seriously, it's exhausting haha.

I do think part of it is we have had the blankets all layered up as if it's winter when it's really 50 degrees out.  I think getting a little overheated is contributing to my trippy, feverish dreams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Happy holidays to all of you and your families!  Hope you all feel well enough to partake in holiday yumminess!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

summer, when the doctor calls back, ask him about the Valsalva Maneuver - plugging your nose and blowing as if you could get air through your nostrils.  That causes the vagus nerve to be stimulated which slows your heart immediately.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! I just went out looking for a shirt or dress that hides my little belly. I was somewhat successful. I am feeling really self-concious that I am only 9 weeks and already have a little bump, but I will just have to get over it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Liz, you might relate to some of this "When Will I Show" article.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Great article, Kar :) It is truly amazing how every woman is different. And, I am probably not showing, it is probably bloating from the horrible constipation I have had for the past two weeks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Liz, a well structure blazer is your new best friend! Hope you found something that makes you feel comfortable!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Happy holidays ladies!  I hope everyone has a wonderful time.  I can't believe this time next year we'll be celebrating with our 6 month old!

AFM, starting to feel a little better.  The cold ended up keeping me out of work for most of the week.  I finally went to the doctors on Thursday and they put me on antibiotics which should have it cleared up in the next few days. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Liz, I'm glad the article helped; you seemed so distressed.  Maybe you could find some comfy knit pants at Kohls or Target or something - that's where I'd look, anyway.  They'll not only be great until you need maternity clothes, but they'll be a godsend for the first few months after you give birth.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Got my BFP this morning.  Gulp.  I'm about 4-5 weeks pregnant right now and a little in shock.  Of course, the first thing that went through my mind is that I hope I'm still a good candidate for VBAC.  Then, immediately after that was the thought of paying 2 daycare tuitions!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congrats, Luv! What a nice holiday gift!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Congrats, luv! Enjoy the happy news for now. All the other details will work themselves out in due time!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Congrats, Luv!!  Wishing you a healthy, uneventful pregnancy!

Hope eveyone had wonderful holidays.  I went to the old navy sale yesterday and got two pair of maternity jeans for $25!  woo hoo!  I'll probably start wearing them soon.  I am still comfortable in my dressy work pants, but have using the BeBand over my unbuttoned jeans for about a week.  It seems like a lot of non-maternirty tops are really short this season, too, which stinks for trying to wear regular tops with the band or mat jeans.  I've been using the layered look and wear a tank top peeing out under everything.

ETA:  that should be "peeking", not peeing.  hahaaa...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Thanks, ladies!  I'm relieved that the fact that I've felt bloated and huge the last couple of weeks has a good explanation! 

I kind of can't wait until I can break out the maternity pants again...even though I probably have a few weeks to go before that. I wore the Old Navy tanks with everything last time, since they were nice and long...that plus cardigans in the spring and fall, and lots of skirts and dresses in the summer. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Congrats luv! Such exciting news!  sending you sticky thoughts! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

So for a moment I'm going to complain about opinionated coworkers: this morning one coworker jumped all over me for drinking coffee and another was saying she disagreed with my decision to take the antibiotics prescribed to me last week by my doctor.  How is that any of their business? I just let the comments go but really people need to keep stuff to themselves.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You could have said, "At least I'm not drinking like your mom obviously did when she was carrying you."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

haha Kar I actually just laughed out loud at my desk, thanks I needed that!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wink

Sections
Shortcuts