December Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

December Updates

Happy December!!! 

I don't have much to update but I just wanted to get the thread going.  We had our ERA ultrasound yesterday and it's really amazing to see a totally formed baby that's only 6cm long!  Little fingers and everything! 

That's it for me - can't wait to see what December brings us!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Re: December Updates

Happy December everyone!

We had our final US with our RE today - measuring 8.5 weeks, with a strong heart beat,  so I can officially graduate to a ob/gyn!

I am still plagued by fierce nausea, but am just following doctors orders of "eat what you can, when you can". So my diet consists of strawberry jam on toast and gingerbread men.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Congrats on the graduation, Prill!  Such great news, you must be thrilled. 

Gingerbread men - how appropriate!  The holidays aren't a bad time to have morning sickness...lots of gingery treats!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Congrats on both your ultrasounds, and for graduating Prill!

I am so excited for December, except for the part where I turn 30. Boooo...

A woman I work with gave us a ton of diapers today - Size 1 Pampers. So psyched for that, she just had a baby and he outgrew them before she ran out. She is loading me with money-saving advice and coupons, etc so I'll try to pass on anything I can!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Congratulations Prill! My first appointment is Friday, when I should be 9 weeks (according to my calculations). I hope your morning sickness eases. I am lucky that I haven't had much issues with MS.

I am trying to figure out if I will be able to get the early risk ultrasound at the right time, and still go visit family for the holidays. I was kind of hoping to get that ultrasound done before, so I would be more comfortable telling family at the holidays.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LLTyrrell. Show LLTyrrell's posts

Congrats Prill! Glad you graduated to the exciting world of OBGYN. lol.
    Now that we've mentioned ginger bread men I have to go get some :-)

I had my 38 week appointment yesterday. I feel like this waiting game of wondering when DD is going to come is the worst and longest part of the whole pregnancy! I'm 75% effaced and a little over two centimeters dialated, the dr said she would be suprised to see me at my apt next week. (crossed fingers she is right).

I hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying the holiday season :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

LL you're getting close!!

Prill- I never want to eat another ginger snap again. I also bought other ginger flavored things and they make me sick just looking at them. I'm sure you'll feel the same way in a few months!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Gingerbread men is about the extent of my ginger consumption - anythig else ginger smelling/tasting makes me queasy, it always has. Dried ginger or ginger candy makes my skin crawl.

I am, however, now on a mad lemon eating kick.  Pieces of frsh lemon in my water... just eating slices of lemon.. so far, so good!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I am obsessed with lemon water! but like, REALLY lemony water. I've been buying lemon juice by the bottle and pouring it in my water making it cloudy. I like it sour. I think it is mainly b/c I get so sick of drinking plain water all day at work, that I want something different when I get home.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

I'm finally joining the conversation here after lots of reading along and lurking.  I got the BFP on Saturday morning and further confirmed it by a trip to the doctors on Monday.  So I think I'm 4 weeks if you start counting at begining of your last period (if that how its done?)  And this is #2, I have an 18 month old.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

congrats, Sarah!! And yes, you start counting at the day of your last period but your first ultrasound will most likely be a few days ahead or behind that - depending on when you actually ovulated/conceived.

ETA: p.s. I'm obviously completely not focused at work today...ok most days.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Great news Sprout and Prill about your ultrasounds!  Sarah, congrats on your BFP!  Great news so far for December.  :)

Silver, I'm not focused at all today either, thanks to Prill...all I can think about is going next door to Panera and getting myself a gingerbread man!!!  Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Congrats on #2 Sarah! 

I usually never drink lemonade, but have had a bottle in the fridge since my bfp. I mix it half and half with seltzer, it's so yummy. Weird that preg. women like lemon...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

July, I can't believe you posted this.  I stopped at the grocery store on the way home from work and randomly decided to pick up a carton of Newman's Own Organic Lemonade.  I'm on my third GIANT glass of lemonade/lemon seltzer combo as I write this.

And thanks for the congrtats everyone.  I'm still in shock.  I had to get my last dose of sushi in before things really get rolling.  And that last glass of beer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Ajuly and Sarah - I do the Newman's Own + seltzer, too!  I've had lemonade in my fridge since my BFP as well.  I go through it so fast!  Yes, why do we crave lemons/lemonade??? 

Something weird/interesting to try...hot lemonade.  It's actually really good... 

Sarah - congrats and welcome (back)!! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

That's interesting about the lemonade.  When I was pregnant I never craved lemonade but I wanted chocolate milk ALL the time.  I'm not a milk person at all usually so I found that amusing.  My son is ten now and he loves milk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cat1980. Show Cat1980's posts

Congrats Sarah!

Lemonade sounds so good, I think I may need to make a stop on my way home from work tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Congrats Prill!  Congrats Sarah!

I'm going to go with Winter on this one, I could have a chocolate milk IV hooked up to me and be a very happy lady!  Trader Joes sells some delicous lemonades, I had a couple different flavors at Thanksgiving.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Add me to the list of pregnant ladies that loved lemon!  Especially when I had the m/s...lemony things always made me feel better.  I used to go through boxes and boxes of Edy's lemonade fruit bars and Minute Maid frozen lemonade.

I think I did read somewhere that citrus and sour are supposed to help ease the m/s.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I have both. I have never drank more chocolate milk in my life - I started buying Ovaltine to at least get some vitamins from it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from half-full. Show half-full's posts

Congrats on all the wonderful ultrasounds and the BFP Sarah!

I LOVED lemonade my first trimester as well, and am back to it again in my third trimester.  So very yummy.  Also, I highly suggest the lemon pound cake from starbucks.  Not the most nutritious I believe, but so very good and lemony.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

I love both chocolate milk and lemonade, but now what I really want is lemon poppy-seed cake, made by some anonymous person in the PTA at the elementary school where I vote. The usually have a bakesale when there is an election, and I always try and get a piece of lemon poppy-seed cake. So yummy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Congrats to everyone.

This is my first post on the pregnancy thread.  As previously posted on another thread, it was confirmed this pregnancy is not etopic and I have had two ultrasounds to confirm.  My last one being last Friday where I measured 5w6d and they even found a heartbeat.  I was super excited. 

I had my first appt today with the NP and all is good.  For the second child there is not much information they need and not too much to discuss since I pretty much know the drill.  My first pregnancy was a breeze with not one issue but I have been a little ill the past few days in the morning so I hope that is the extent of it and it does not get any worse.  They did some labs and I dont have to go back for 4 weeks.

I found out my due date is July 23rd which is 5 days off what I orginally thought from my LMP.  They are going by the date of the ultrasound which is more accurate.   Looks like I will have a 2 1/2 year old and a newborn. I think that is the perfect.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Nice to hear from so many new people and/or sporadic posters!

I have good news and bad.

The good news is we went to "Meet the Doctors" and take a tour of Beth Israel last night.  We both left feeling so excited for this baby to come!

The bad news is I failed the glucose test and have to go back for the 3 hour test next week.  I don't know why, but I'm feeling really depressed about this :o( 
    When I got the voicemail, I figured I had just barely missed the safe range, but actually the range goes up to 139 and my result was 154.  I hope I don't really have gestational diabetes!  My sister did, but she was overweight when she started her pregnancy, so hopefully it's not a hereditary thing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

That is funny about lemonade.  I didn't realize it was a possible pregnancy thing.  I never order anything but water at restaurants, but I have ordered lemonade twice in the past month or so and last night I got a Sprite.

Sections
Shortcuts