December Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: December Updates

I feel like I've been posting too much.  Where is everyone?!!

All day today I have felt like there is something stuck in my throat, or some kind of air bubble.  I've been burping like crazy!  I've never had reflux or heartburn before (before pregnancy, that is).  Could this be something like that?

I did the 3 hour glucose test today, so I couldn't eat for 12 hours before hand.  It was pretty damn miserable sitting in that waiting room for 3.5 hours; I couldn't get comfortable sitting down because I felt like there was food sitting in my chest and throat, and I couldn't get comfortable leaning back because my back hurt.  After I left and grabbed a sandwich, I started burping like crazy (still am 6 hours later!), so I wonder if somehow I had a bunch of air in my tummy because I hadn't eaten for almost 16 hours.  Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Fram, funny you say that, because I had the same problem today!  I had a sandwich and fries for lunch and I felt like it just sat in my throat all day.  It's so uncomfortable, but I guess that's what happens when the baby pushes your stomach up into your chest somewhere.  :)

I got heartburn occasionally before I was pregnant, but I always knew what food/drinks caused it.  Now I get it all the time.  Thank goodness for Tums.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Fram, you're not posting too much!  I have nothing to report at 13 weeks.  Just constipated :)  Excited to go maternity pants shopping this weekend! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Definitely  not an over-poster, Fram. I always think I am, haha.

Had the follow-up u/s yesterday to confirm this kid has a couple kidney and a heart - both confirmed. :-)

Weighing in at 1lb 1oz - 43 percentile, which I'm told is good.

aaaaaaaaand the tech (same as last time) says she NEVER slips so DH must have imagined her saying "he." since I also didn't hear it, I think he's making it up. :-)

And the previa seems to have already resolved itself which is good news as well.

good luck shopping, sprout! I have a feeling I'm going to need a re-do on pants in a few weeks also.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Grrrrr I upgraded my browser and it's making it very difficult to post!  The window in which I type is about a half inch tall and three inches wide.  Oh well!

Pugs - Does it literally feel like there is something in your throat and/or chest?  I've felt full before, or like there was food in my espophogus (sp?), but this feels like there is something stuck in my throat and it kinda hurts a tiny bit every time I swallow.  So annoying!

Sprout - Finally buying maternity pants was so wonderful!  I need to ask for more shirts for Christmas... otherwise I will start stretching the normal sweaters I have still been wearing.

Silver - Glad to hear everything is looking good!!  And that is awesome that the previa resolved itself - what a relief!

I have a call into the doctor right now because I've been experiencing pain in my pelvis for the past week.  (Probably should have called sooner!)  I am guessing it's from the baby getting bigger and causing more pressure down there, but you never know.  It feels kind of like the day after you try a new workout and you're stiff... except it's only in one spot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Silver, that's such great news about the previa (or lack thereof)!

Fram, that's exactly what it feels like, usually when I eat too much (which still doesn't seem like much to me).  It's like when you dry swallow a pill and can feel it stuck in there, only it feels like I swallowed a whole handful.

Anybody else getting shortness of breath from sitting and/or lying in certain positions?  It happens to me occasionally now.  It's nothing major, just a little uncomfortable.  I think I'm reaching that transitional stage -- going from "yay, loving life in the second tri!" to "my whole body hurts; someone get this kid out of me now."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks Pugs!  I'm glad to hear it's normal - at least for the two of us!
    I have been short of breath regularly for a couple of weeks, sometimes when I've eaten too much, sometimes when I'm just sitting there.
    I've also noticed my heart racing when I am doing nothing but lying in bed reading.  The 3rd trimester has arrived!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

At 22 weeks I'm already getting winded constantly! the last couple of nights I've woken up having a hard time taking in a full breath - we had a humidifier on for few days and I think that was helping so I will have to remember to try that again tonight and see if it does anything.

This reminds me, I am  having an awfully hard time keeping my body temperature down, or so it feels. My hands are CONSTANTLY sweaty and I just feel hot all the time - I'm so uncomfortably hot at work, and I drink cold water like its no one's business...I dont know what else i can do! Anyone have this problem? :-/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

7 1/2 weeks here and still feeling kind of crummy.  Not to bad that I cant handle it but sometimes it really stinks.  I kind of feel like I have puked so much I have forced myself to have an eating disorder.   I know I will be fine, I am only really bad once a day, other than that I am holding everything down. 

I just rescheduled my next appt for right before xmas.  That way hopefully we will get a good heartbeat from the doppler and we can share the happy news with my DH side of the family.  I already told my side, couldnt keep it a secret.  DH thought we should hold off on his side because when we had the etopic at the beginning of the year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Silver - I've been getting winded since 18 weeks!  But that was more when walking or climbing stairs.  Since 26 weeks it's on a regular basis when I am sitting.

I haven't been overly hot, but I think I've been warmer than usual (not needing a cardigan at work, etc.).  It always helps me to take off my socks or shoes - both at the same time might not be the best idea :o)

The nurse said the pain in my pelvis area is probably round ligament pain.  I hadn't realized that would happen so low; thought it was more of an abdomen type of thing.  Good to know though!  Now she is all worried because I mentioned that the baby's movement has been different... She wanted me to drink juice and lie down for an hour to count the movements.  Hmmm could you call my boss and tell him I need to go lie down for an hour??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

I am out of breath on the stairs, especially carrying DD up the stairs.  DH has asked me a couple times when watching tv if i was okay because I was breathing heavy - I guess I'm taking more hearty breaths!

Silver, if I get hot it takes me a while to cool down.  Also I took the redline last week, I got so incredibly hot it was horrible, I got clammy and felt sick - I'm glad that I normally take the commuter rail.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

Fram, those silly "kick count" tests are so bizzare.  My OB wanted me to do that with my first and I was like, "uh - it never STOPS kicking so how about 1 giant kick per hour that lasts 60 minutes."  And its just another thing for us prego (psycho) ladies to obsess about.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Add me to the winded folks!  32 weeks tomorrow.. I get winded when I talk for a while whether it be on the phone, to my manager, in a meeting.. it's kind of annoying and embarrassing.. i'm just talking for goodness sake!  also annoying walking up the stairs in the morning with my laptop bag, gym bag, and purse... it's worse if Im talking at the same time to someone else coming up the stairs.  Feel like a huge overweight person. 

For some reason I have not experienced the hot aspect.  My office feels like an ice box!  Perhaps it would be worse if I wasn't pregnant.  My husband has said a few times at night that he is cold which is weird as it's usually me and never him so I do think my body temp might be slightly hotter than normal but nothing bad yet.  Still wearing my wedding rings which everyone seems suprised about... 

I had a bunch of stupid comments made to me yesterday... 1)  "WOW, you have really gotten huge, is that why you haven't been bopping around the office as much as I usually see you?"  2)  Our Chief Legal Officer mind you said this one - "are you sure you only have one in there??"  3)  female accounting manager who has one daughter..."woah, mama, how many days till you blow.. you don't look like you have too much more room in there?" 

I feel like he has dropped in the last week or so.. i get such lower pain at times which is a hand or shoulder or something and it's usually my right side... i literally have to push on it to get him to move so I'm comfortable again.  It's sooo weird!  and i have this foot in my upper stomach that is constantly kicking me on my right side.  so surreal when you can feel what it is and feel it move and go away.

stupidly we started a bathroom renovation upstairs in our house this past weekend... which has made my 4 trips to the bathroom each night torturous.  I now have to walk downstairs to go so I have my pathway lighted up with a couple night lights and I keep slippers by the door.  2 more weeks of this likely too..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Fram, regarding the movement -- if I'm not mistaken, I think it's supposed to be different now, isn't it?  Everything I've heard/read has said that as the baby has less room to move, you may not feel as many constant flips, etc., but to expect some hard kicks instead.  That's definitely been true for me...is this the same type of thing that you're experiencing?

And I must be cold-blooded or something, because I was always cold before I got pregnant, and I'm still always cold!   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

wow, Jan!! I would have punched each and every one of those people.

Bathroom renovation is the worst!! At least you have another bathroom. :-) We did ours over the summer (we only have one bathroom) and had to live in Salem at Grandma's house (with cousin, aunt and uncle and whoever else stops by...) for like 3 weeks. It was torture. I can't imagine doing it pregnant...good luck and I hope it gets done fast!! At least make sure they put the toilet in first so you can use that. :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

haha - the goal is to have the toilet potentially working by this Sunday if at all possible!  granted that is dependent on a plumber being able to come this week which they are being terrible about calling us back right now...

Yes!!  I felt the same way about the comments!  I do think i need to get on a scale tomorrow morning though to see if i really did "blow" up..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Jan - we are renovating our upstairs bathroom too.  I've done the same stumble down the stairs in the middle of the night to pee thing, too...I can't wait to walk 6 feet to the toilet when the whole thing is done! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Does this mean I'm not the only pregnant woman who has turned into a mouth breather?!!

Pugs - I expected the movement to slow down in the 3rd trimester, but not so soon!  I'm 29 weeks yesterday, as you know :o)  I wonder if it's because I'm so short; maybe the baby has run out of room sooner than usual.  I feel almost no big movements throughout the day, but I feel a lot of little pokes down lower than before.  The change in movement along with the pelvic/pubic/whatever pain was making me a little nervous.

So I ended up going in for a non-stress test yesterday to monitor the baby's movement.  Mostly it was because the nurse and I played phone tag.  By the time she caught me, she said I better come in because if I did drink juice and the baby didn't move, it would be too late to get to the office before closing.  Even after drinking the OJ, I only felt the baby move like 3 times while I was hooked up to the NST.

Everything was fine, except that sitting in that position for 30 minutes made me want to throw up and/or pass out!!  Can't handle certain sitting positions with the heartburn.  The NP said the pain is probably from the ligament near my pubic bone stretching, much like round ligament pain.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Jan - That is so obnoxious!  Not looking forward to those comments, but I'm sure they're coming!

And it is SO embarrassing when you get winded just by talking.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Fram, I don't feel as much movement as before either.  She used to flip around like crazy in there after I ate or drank a cup of coffee, but now she's pretty calm during the day.  The only time I can really feel her is when I'm lying down on the couch at night after dinner.  Even then, most of the movement is down low like you said; only a few really hard kicks up high here and there.

Anybody feeling the baby hiccup at all?  Mine gets the hiccups 2 or 3 times a day.  I just feel a very light, rhythmic movement for a little while, then it goes away.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Why do babies get hiccups so frequently in utero?  They don't have hiccups that often after they're born, do they?

(Sidenote:  mine had hiccups during my ERA ultrasound - so cute!)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

In Response to Re: December Updates:
    [QUOTE]7 1/2 weeks here and still feeling kind of crummy.  Not to bad that I cant handle it but sometimes it really stinks.  I kind of feel like I have puked so much I have forced myself to have an eating disorder.   I know I will be fine, I am only really bad once a day, other than that I am holding everything down.  I just rescheduled my next appt for right before xmas.  That way hopefully we will get a good heartbeat from the doppler and we can share the happy news with my DH side of the family.  I already told my side, couldnt keep it a secret.  DH thought we should hold off on his side because when we had the etopic at the beginning of the year.
    Posted by quadgirl1234[/QUOTE]

Have you asked your dr. about medicine for the vomitting? You should prob go on it if you are throwing up that much. Hope you feel better!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

pugs, my ds used to hiccup in utero. It took me a bit to figure out that's what it was. Then when he'd hiccup when he was born, it was kind of a neat way to remember the pregnancy. I'd think "hey, I remember when you used to do that!". Not sure why they do that, though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

DD hiccupped all the time in utero. She got the hiccups a lot as a newborn, too. Now I can't remember the last time she got them. It was pretty cute to feel her hiccupping.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Does anyone know if Gap stores around here have maternity sections in the stores? I'm generally an exclusive online shopper but they don't have my size on the website. I'm looking for long inseam skinny jeans.

My Old Navy ones fit great in the pants part, but the full panel thing is awful - I don't know if anyone else has this issue but the thick elastic at the top is way too tight for me.  I think I'm actually going to cut part of it off tonight and see if that helps...Gap has a nice, thin panel that I can hardly feel throughout the day. My regular (maternity) jeans from Gap I love.