December Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

Re: December Updates

Silver, go online and do store locator, u should be able to see which stores close to you offer a maternity dept.  I think the Northshore Mall has one if you live up that way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Silver - I don't like the full panel Old Navy jeans either.  They're really NOT full panel.  It only goes half way up so it cuts my tummy in half.  I have to hike them up and walk around with a wedgy all day to avoid it!  I have one pair (from Kohl's Motherhood section) that I wear all the time and then the ON pair that I wear occasionally.

I haven't noticed if she's been hiccupping, but there are times where the movement (though slight) feels very evenly spaced, so maybe that's what it is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I finally really popped this week. When I thought I did before, I was just kidding myself. DH said this morning for the first time, wow you look pg! It's about time at 21 weeks! :) 

On another note, I haven't been sleeping well b/c my arms fall asleep!! Anyone else have problems with this?  What can I do? I know i'm supposed to sleep on my side.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Silver, the Natick Mall and Cambridgeside Galleria both have a maternity section at Gap. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Braintree has a Gap Maternity and I believe the Burlington Mall does too.  I really love my Gap maternity clothes, I think they fit the best and hold up the best.

I really popped last week, I (just at 25 weeks) officially announced at work that I am pregnant (ha!) and I told DH.  He laughed and said I think its obvious now, haha.

Fram - The ligament pains that I got were in my groin area, taking baths helped to relieve any real pain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Well, I didn't know I'd be back here so soon, but here I am!  BFP last night, and I'm 5 weeks along.  DD is 7.5 months old, so she'll be 15 months when #2 arrives.  We wanted to have them close together (we weren't trying, but we also weren't trying not to if you know what I mean), but I still can't help but be slightly terrified! 

Nonetheless I feel so lucky and blessed :)  DD is still exclusively on breastmilk still.  And so far so good - not breast tenderness and no supply issues.  I'm hoping to continue nursing through this pregnancy, so if anyone has any info/experience with tandem nursing, send it my way!

Hope everyone else is well on this coooooold day!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Congrats, Trouble!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Wow, congrats Trouble!  I would probably feel the same way you are feeling now.  DD and this baby will be just under 2 years apart and sometimes its a little nerve racking.  DD's pediatrician pointed out some really great advantages, most likely no jealousy, they will basically just grow together, and learn a lot together.  When does this make you due, August?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Silver, I think i have the same skinny jeans from old navy you are talking about.  I actually like the big panel though, especially now as I feel it holds everything in and there is no chance of ever showing any skin.  my band goes all the way up and over my belly though so it's not cutting me off.  If it cut in the middle i could see that it would hurt.  I'm carrying fairly low/middle though so i'm not sure if that is why.  I have another pair of skinny old navy ones i got early on with a demi panel.. i still wear those too although sometimes i feel like they ride down and I'm always yanking them up but they are comfortable and would solve that problem.  I'm not sure if they still have those ones or not though, i got them early on. 

Oh and I heard Natick has a great maternity section for gap, although i've never been there.  I think i'm done shopping for maternity now.  less than 2 months left and i think i have enough unless i explode and stop fitting into things i have..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congratulations Trouble!

Ajuly - There are definitely many stages of showing!!  I was showing for weeks, but then one day I looked down and thought WOW I really officially popped over the weekend.  I think that was around 25 weeks.  My friend was just saying yesterday that one day you will look down and say, Whoa what happened?!  I said, No way I already did that, but she said to expect it a couple more times lol.

I wonder if my ON jeans are actually demi panel.  It just does not make sense for a panel to only go half way up my ridiculously short torso lol.

Hormones are going a little crazy today!  I am sooo tired.  I have to stop shopping after work because then I eat dinner too late and then I can't lie down due to heartburn, etc.  It's tough keeping up with all of the adjustments!  I think DH is getting laid off this weekend, so he can finish the shopping!!  (Don't worry, he'll be back to work in January, supposedly.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Thanks all!  It's nice to tell "someone" :)

KT, Yep, Aug 9th due date according to my LMP.  And , yes, hopefully there will be no jealousy issues since they will be so close in age.  I met another woman who had 3 each 1.5 years apart and said she thought the same thing about having them so close together. 

Yeah, what's with those demi-panel jeans?  So annoying how they ride down.  I was just about to get back into my pre-pregnancy stuff, I think I had about 5-8 lbs more to lose, but now I guess there's no hope for that.  Boo!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Fram, they could be demi panel - I have a pair of ON jeans that have the demi but they are a size too big so they fall down a lot. I only wear them to the grocery store.

I cut off the top part of the full panel last night from the skinny jeans...I'll see if they still stay up now haha. they were only $20 so I was OK with deconstructing them.

As if on cue, my brother's girlfriend (my sister-in-sin as I like to call her) emailed me last night saying she's done with most of her early-pregnancy clothes so she's going to bring them to my parents' next week when I'm in Ohio...I'm hoping to score some more free clothes before I need to shop for myself. :-)

Trouble, hey, might as well just take advantage of those extra pounds now by being pregnant and worry about losing later, right?

BTW I have 2 nieces who are 13 months apart and for the most part they get along great. Any rivalry is just typical, and I don't think age-related at all. My nieces are also awesome. :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Congrats trouble!!

I'm going to post this again, just because maybe someone missed it, and I also don't feel like calling my dr!  My arm keeps falling asleep at night, any one else go through this?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Congrats Trouble!!!!  Great news!!!!

ON demi panels are not comfy!  Suffering through a pair at work today.  Gaps demis are pretty comfortable, though.  ON does make real, full panels, so maybe those skinny jeans are actually demis like you suggest? 

Natick GAP has I think the biggest maternity section I've seen, although I was recently impressed by Braintree's expanded offerings. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

ajuly, are you trying to lay on your side? that happens to me, which is why I hate sleeping on my side. I don't have any advice. :-( We need removeable arms. That's the only solution I can think of.

MM, my skinny jeans are full panel. I'm also 5'10" with a long torso, and I also have a gut to go along with my baby belly so I'm in a lose-lose-LOSE situation with those.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

these are the jeans I have from ON:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=5854&vid=1&pid=775651

If you look at the zoomed image, you can see the top of the panel is like a 1-inch thick elastic band. that's the part that is constricting to me. That's the part I cut off...

and these are the Gap jeans I have that are very comfy - and you can see the panel is much thinner and it doesn't have that extra band of elastic:

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6019&vid=1&pid=761864

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hmmm that's what the panel on mine looks like.  I think they are using the term full panel liberally!  I was thinking of just cutting a slash into the inch-thick band at the top to see if that stops them from cutting into me so badly.

Ajuly - Sorry to hear that!  Can you still sleep on your back?  If it's still comfortable for you, I don't think you have to force yourself to go on your side.  I sleep on my side all the time, but I am blanking about what I do with my arms.  I think the one underneath me usually ends up between my legs because I like to curl up and keep warm.

Random sleep tips:
    My neck was killing me last week from sleeping on my side.  I don't know why because I do it on a regular basis.  I almost cried at work because I could barely turn my head by the end of the day.  Anyway, I had forgotten I had a memory foam pillow in the guest room (one with the weird shape).  It has worked wonders!

Also, I read in WTEWYE, that you should never point your toes when you get pain/cramps in your calves; you should do the opposite and kind of point your heels down/toes up.  My calves have been sore regularly for a week or two so this is a miracle tip for me!  I find myself waking up with the vaguest of cramps and I immediately do that and all is well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Fram I started by cutting a slash in it yesterday (at work). It helped a little...but you could totally see it through my shirt. Granted, I was wearing a pretty snug-fitting sweater. so that's why I just ended up cutting off the whole damn thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Ahh!  Those are the same as the full panel types I have from ON.  Being a petite length, I'm not running into the issue you mention - sorryt to hear they aren't working well.
    Its funny, with my first pregnancy, I LOVED demi panels and hated full panels and this pregnancy I want to thow all the demis out b/c they annoy me so much and I"m so much comfier in the full panels. 
    I will say I have to buy petite length from both ON and Gap, and I'm pretty sure I've never found them in person at either retailer... it seems most of the in store selection are average length.  So you may be out of luck at any of the Gap Maternity spots that were mentioned as I have never been able to find petites in person and I'm guessing the same could hold true for longs.  What a bummer! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Oh I have a pair of that style and I am constantly tugging at them, plus they are just a smidge too short. 

MM - Did you have your follow up test for the 5th disease?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

those are the ones I have too... but i'm not having the same problem of cutting off circulation.... sorry!  i was thinking maybe a slit on each side could loosen it up a bit?  although you already cut it now so it's probably too late.  hopefully they still stay up for the most part.  You could always wear a belly band around them if they roll down maybe..?

ajuly - i used to get that ALL the time... but it was because I had rolled onto my back and somehow circulation was cutting off and my hands were going numb...  the only commonality every time it happened was that i was on my back.  Once i got a body pillow which helped me stay on my side the issue went away... now it only happens every now and then and it's usually cuz i've tossed the body pillow and i've rolled onto my back again.  for some reason, my body doesn't like me on my back even though its my fav position pre -pregnancy, and so it wakes me up by making my hands numb. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Holy fertility Trouble!  Congratulations!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I think it happens most when I'm on my side, it's fun trying to turn off the alarm when you can't feel your hands! I'll try moving to my back more often, but as Jan said, it's when she's on her back that it does it, so who knows. Maybe I need a body pillow! Dear Santa...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Get one, ajuly!!!
    DH bought one for me out of the blue a while back.  I didn't like it at first, but that's because I didn't truly need it yet.  Once you truly need it, you could care less how much room it takes up.  I have a regular one from Walmart or something.  I sleep with it wedged under my tummy to prevent my back from twisting and also tucked between my knees.  This past week has been the best sleep I have gotten in a long time... other than the cat crying at the door every morning because we've officially banned him from sleeping in our bed.  Poor thing!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

KT - Thanks for asking!  I had appts at SSH and Atrius this week and just got all my feedback - no Fifth's!!  I'm so relieved.  At first, there was some confusion as one of the SSH OBs suggested I still needed a retest in a few weeks but when then looked over, they decided they had sufficient evidence to rule it out.  I feel silly I panicked so much originally, but at the time, I really understood the midwife to be saying that it was a done deal and I had it.  I also got my glucose screening back and am in the clear... yay!
    My next MFM appt will be after the new year and they'll continue to monitor the placenta previa and the fact that it is on my c-section scar, too.  I'm really relieved that they monitor so much for the situation that developed with my friend back home's pregnancy.  It's eased my concern about unexpected complications a lot. 
    How are you doing, KT?