December Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Re: December Updates

Oh that is great news you must feel really great!  I would have panicked too, especially if I did any searching on the web and saw that there were really bad things that could happen to the baby.  Glad to hear that MFM is keeping a close eye on the previa as well, fingers crossed that resolves itself.  And big yay on the glucose, I have mine a couple days after Christmas first thing in the morning.  Last time I had it in the afternoon and that was horrible trying not to eat.

Things are good here - No excitement, baby is growing nicely, definitely has a pattern to movement (morning and night) and I'm trying to ask for more help around the house - that one is hard though!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Had our ERA test this morning, the ultrasound was so cool, we really saw a lot.  Much different from the blob with a heart beat we saw at 6 weeks! Everything looked good so that was reassuring, now we just need to wait for the blood test results.  No reason to think anything is wrong, I just tend to worry about things.   

Congratulations on all the new BFP's!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

great news, wed! i had the same worries - i think it is natural!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I have to decide in the next few days if I will do the ERA.  Does anyone know if insurance covers it? (My OB seemed to think the ultrasound was covered as part of routine screening, but the blood work wasn't? Okay, now I am just being lazy as I can't be bothered).

I have also started to tell people this week, only two people so far, trying to keep in on the dl from my boss and family for a while longer yet. I just had to  tell someone yesterday when I was so miserable with morning sickness that I just needed some sympathy, so went in to a friends office, burst in to tears (damn these hormones!) and told her.  At first she thought something was terribly wrong, or I wasn't happy about the pregnancy, because of the tears, but I managed to blubber "no, I just feel so sick and I want to die"!)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Prill I called my insurance to make sure - that's your best bet since all insurance plans are different. I had decided that if it wasn't covered, I wasn't going to do it - but since it was, I was happy to have another ultrasound.

Sorry you're still feeling sick!! :-(

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Prill, I think the issue of what testing is covered will depend on your age - if you are considered "advanced maternal age (AMA)" (over 35) it should be covered, if you are younger, it will depend more on your insurance. I think you are about as far along as I am, so if you are interested in the testing, you need to decide soon, especially if you are travelling for the holidays. The ERA and SST ultrasounds need to be done between 11w 1d and 13 w 4d, so the prime time for me is right when I am planning on being away for the holidays. I was able to get the test scehduled before going away, I have no idea how quickly that sort of thing books up.

Sorry you are still feeling ill. Hope it gets better soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Did/does anyone else have horrible pain in their ribcage during the third trimester?  For the last few days I've had this nagging pain at the top of my ribcage on the right; it's almost tender to the touch.  I read that it's normal due the uterus growing (and possibly from the baby kicking that area), but my goodness it's uncomfortable!

Today has been the worst by far; it feels like all my organs are crammed in there between my lower abdomen and my b00bs, making it hard to sit and move around.  I just had lunch and that made it a whole lot worse.  Ugh.  No fun!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Oh gosh Pugs, I'm sorry. And to think I'm excited about having a big belly!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Pugs, everything is probably shifting up - I had to go up in the band size of my bra at some point in the 3rd trimester with DD because its like your ribs are expanding to make room for everything that's shifting.  Definitely can be uncomfortable!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

[QUOTE]Oh gosh Pugs, I'm sorry. And to think I'm excited about having a big belly!
    Posted by ajuly09[/QUOTE]

Nooo, don't say that!  ;-)

It was funny this morning when I was getting ready for work...I put on about 3 different shirts and just felt like all of them looked too small on me.  Then I grabbed a maternity shirt I bought from Old Navy months ago and thought, "nah, this thing looks like a tent.  It'll be huge on me." 

Fits perfectly.  Sigh. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I bought bra extenders yesterday at Target - they are a lifesaver instead of buying all new bras. just FYI.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I love having a big belly! 
    Except for when I am incredibly uncomfortable LOL.  A few friends have asked if it's weird, but it happened so gradually that it doesn't feel that weird.  I think I'm carrying low so far, because I don't have any rib issues - yet.

For some reason Prill's post reminded me of an AWFUL comment someone made.  I told a co-worker/friend I was pregnant and as we continued talking he said, "So you're going to keep it?"  WtheF?!!!!!!!!  I am a 30 year old married women with a decent job who got pregnant on purpose.  What the hell kind of question is that.  At the time I just said, Yes of course, but I wish I had said, That is the most offensive and stupid question anyone has ever asked me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

holy crap, fram. so it was a man? sorry to generalize, but that figures.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Fram thats funny!  When I told my grandmother I was preg with DD she said "Oh how does DH feel about it" Again, 30 year old, married, planned pregnancy, etc, etc - I for some reason still had to respond "Oh he's thrilled" Then she sounded happy.  Really?

I'm with Fram on the belly too, everything fits better and I like people knowing I'm pregnant and not thinking I have just put on some weight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Oh my gosh Fram - what a terrible comment! 

Silver I didn't know they sold bra extenders!  I'll have to look into those.. i bought one bigger bra in the 2nd trimester and I really need to go out and buy another one or two now... for this third one where I'm getting a line of circulation cut off just under my chest. 

pugs I definitely get uncomfortable sitting now.  I feel like i lean back a lot more now... driving, in my office chair, etc.. it's like if i'm bent over he has less room and so do my organs and i have this uncomfortable pain.  last night i wrapped christmas gifts for about an hour... Oh god.. my back, belly, and everything hurt after that.. bending over cutting, sitting on the floor, etc.  i used to love wrapping presents!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Jan - I am definitely leaning back all the time!!  Trying anything to make more room in there for her.  I had to give a presentation at work today and I was getting so out of breath just talking... and whenever it wasn't my turn to talk, I was leaning back in my chair.

I never minded showing, etc.  If anything it's nice to just let it all hang out for once in my life!!  Every once in a while, I'll think I shouldn't be sticking out my stomach like that... Oh wait, I'm not.

Regarding that ridiculous comment - It was a 26 yo guy.  Afterward, I really wanted to do a public service and let him know that he should never ever ask such a question ever again, but somehow it never came up!  I am still so baffled by it.  Why would you tell a co-worker about a baby you weren't planning to keep??  I'm getting mad just thinking about it!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Since we're on the topic of stupid comments made by others, I just have to share the doozie that my DH let out this weekend.

Me:  "Even though we already decided that we only want one child, being pregnant has totally confirmed that for me."
    DH:  "Yeah, I know...I couldn't handle another 9 months like this."

For a brief second I thought I was going to have to explain to my daughter why her father disappeared before she was born.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

LOL - in my 8th month with DD, at our childbirth class, upon hearing the description of the fetal scalp electrode, DH blurted out, "Sounds like harpooning a whale!"  Thanks hon.

So, we have a holiday party this week at work.  I am so dreading it.  Any tips for hiding the fact that I'm not drinking?  I was going to get a glass of wine and just nurse it (and potentially use the fact that I'm nursing if questioned about it!). 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Trouble- having a glass of whatever in hand is always the way to go...with the second kid, people prob. won't be as suspesous as with the first!  I usually ordered a cran/soda with a lime. At friends houses I nursed a beer and then poured it out!

I got on the scale today for the first time in a while.. I'm up more than I thought, oops.  Ive been craving sweets like there is no tomorrow. I NEED to cut back, the holidays are not helping.  Any tips for healthy sweets?? I need to get the ice cream and cookies out of the house!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Pugs, you reminded me of another stupid comment.  When I emailed a male friend to tell him I was pregnant, he wrote, "I wasn't a fan of the whole thing from start to finish, not sure how DH is, I was just glad when it was over."  What is that supposed to mean?!!  Even my husband was like what the heck?!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Hi gang!  You ladies were sure chatty the last few days!  I hate missing out on the conversation when I'm away from the computer! 

I have a few comments even though I'm late to the game...

Ajuly - I've always been a side sleeper and my arms (hands, specifically) fall asleep all of the time.  I think it's b ecause of how I bend my elbows when I sleep.  I just wake up periodically, stretch my hands to wake them back up, and roll over.) 

Silver - I bought my first pairs of maternity jeans this weekend at Gap Maternity at the Natick Collection.  I have to say they are the BEST THINGS EVER.  And I know you're long legged like me (or longer) and my "long and lean" fit are probably a 35-36 inch inseam by the end of the day (and I only need a 34).  The long and lean have the full panel.  I haven't worn my skinny jeans yet but I do know they slouched a bit at the ankle, so they probably have a few inches to spare. The skinnies have the demi panel.   That said, I have never worn skinny jeans before so I am not sure of how they're meant to fit at the ankle.  My point is, Gap longs are definitely longer than 34 inches.  Hope you found/will find some :) 

Trouble, congrats and welcome back!!

Fram - "Will you keep it?"  Are. You. Kidding?!  I don't know how I'd answer..."hopefully until the day I die."  Perhaps he has a personal experience or knows of people whose answer to that question may not have been so simple.  (Here I go again, playing the Devil's advocate!)

As for me - aside from my GLORIOUS new maternity jeans and Bella Band, my only exciting news is that I made it to the 2nd trimester!!!  Really excited to be here :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Ajuly, I can't control myself around sweets either!  I have been trying to cut back by having a chocolate milk, a hot chocolate or something like that.  I read today that a good alternative is trail mix with some chocolate chips mixed in - I'm just not sure that will do it though.  This past week or so I am really really hungry all the time - trying to find some snacks that will hold me over.

Sprout - Congrat on the 2nd trimester and the maternity jeans!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Pugs, that comment is hilarious - in a not-totally-hilarious kind of way. :-0

I saw my SIL this weekend b/c we had to go to a funeral - I've mentioned before that DH and I aren't really speaking to her, but I'm not sure she knows to what extent (it would be indefinite if it were up to me). So although I tried to just avoid her completely she goes, "wow you're really getting big!" Hmmm...just a hint, if you want me to like you again that is not the way to do it. and p.s. I'm not that big, a**h*le.

lilsprout, I love the long and leans from gap that I have - I need to try their skinny jeans. Even if they are a little short, I wear boots over them 90% of the time so that's fine. I'm going to Ohio this weekend so I'll probably go shopping there w/ my mom. welcome to the wonderful world of maternity jeans...I seriously don't want to have to wear zippered pants ever again.

Oh and also...defintely don't recommend cutting off the entire elastic band around Old Navy full panels. :-/ I am wearing my bella band to hold them up, which is fine, but otherwise literally there is nothing to keep them up. But you know - I'm a heck of a lot more comfortable this way, so I will deal!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

And my crazy coworker story of the day:

I just had a male coworker come by, crouch down, put his head about 2 inches away from my b00bs, and say hello to my baby.

I do happen to like this person, and he didn't make any physical contact, so I was able to contain myself and not punch him in the face.  However, having him in such close proximity to the "girls" was incredibly awkward.

Embarassed

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

In Response to Re: December Updates:
    [QUOTE]And my crazy coworker story of the day: I just had a male coworker come by, crouch down, put his head about 2 inches away from my b00bs, and say hello to my baby. I do happen to like this person, and he didn't make any physical contact, so I was able to contain myself and not punch him in the face.  However, having him in such close proximity to the "girls" was incredibly awkward.
    Posted by PugsandKisses[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Are you *sure* he was saying hello to the *baby*?!?