December Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Re: December Updates

I was thinking the same thing poppy.. haha - i think i would have died laughing at him.. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

My boss loves to make strange inappropriate remarks.  At our holiday party a few years back, I was about 5 months pregnant and it was news to a few of the wives who were hartily congradulating me.  He chimed in with a "so that's what you were doing when you left the office at lunch time ..."

The pause was meant to insinuate that I was having sex with my husband.  I do love my boss and my job but sometimes, he just says the darndest things.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

haha these posts are funny.  I've got one too...I told my class of kindergartners that I was pregnant and one of the children said, "ya your belly IS fat!" then another chimed in and said "and those things are too!"  Uh, really, the 5 year olds noticed I went up two cup sizes?  Kids say the darndest things.  I have lots more funny quotes if anyone is having a bad day and needs a laugh. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Trouble, I have the same issue.  Work holiday party is tomorrow night and I haven't told anyone.  I definitely will get questioned if I walk around empty handed. I think I will just get 1/2 glass of wine so it looks like I am drinking it...

Sprout, I think I am going to have to go get some maternity pants this weekend, too.  My pants that still button are so uncomfortable and the bella band doesn't work with everything.  If only I hadn't gained that 10 pounds before I got pregnant, then I would still have some room!  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Pugs - Your work stories continue to amaze me! 

And ajuly that is hilarious!!!

Thank goodness my co-workers have common sense.  Other than, you know, asking if I plan to get an abortion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

The 1/2 glass of wine trick definitely works!  And I would every once in a while put it up to my lips but not drink it.  No one questioned it.

I also filled a beer bottle with water...  at someone here's suggestion a while back.  That worked like a charm, too. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

These stories are funny.  I am sure I got a few out of this world comments when I was pregnant with DD.

AFM. I am in my 8th week.  The nausea seems to have gone away for the most part. I am still sooo tired in the afternoon that I wish a nap was in the cards everyday.   Between work and chasing after an almost 2 year old it is hard to get one in. When I do have a chance to take one, I find myself lying her in the crib for her naps and then I am in bed in less than 10 seconds with a huge smile on my face.

I have an appt on the 23rd where I will almost be 9 weeks.  Approximetly when can the doctor start hearing a heartbeat on the doppler?  During my first pregnancy I think I heard it at about 10 weeks and the doctor told me at that time I was pretty safe to tell people.  We are hoping to annouce to the inlaws during the holidays.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

quadgirl- I was just at 9 weeks at my first appointment, and we were able to get a quick bit of the heartbeat with the doppler. But before we tried the nurse warned that it might not happen - it was still pretty early. So I would see if they can get one, but don't be too worried if they can't. I am getting the SST ultrasound before we head out to visit family for the holidays, and if that goes well, I'm planning on telling them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

quadgirl, as far as the heartbeat on the doppler I think it varies but 9 weeks is VERY early. There are several factors that could make it difficult to detect that early so if you don't get to hear it, don't worry. I wasn't even able to hear the heartbeat at 11 1/2 weeks due to a tilted uterus - but i asked for an ultrasound and everything was perfectly fine!

good luck next week!

I'm so excited b/c I emailed our wedding photographer this weekend about possibly doing a maternity photshoot (pending the belly's appearance), and a newborn session - and he was so excited for us he offered to do them both free of charge! woohoo! I'm sure well find a way to compensate him, with a gift certificate or something, but I'm totally psyched that we'll have amazing photos of this little kiddo right out of the oven!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Quad, too funny about the naps - I make sure I have everything I need to have done before I put DD down, I then run downstairs to lay on the couch to relax!  As for the doppler I think it depends, they didn't even try to look for it on me until 12/13 weeks.  Can you ask for a quick u/s?  My office has the small machine that they'll roll into the exam room for a quicky check.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Silver, are you planning to do any photos like these?

http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/category/photos/pregnancy/page/1/

I came across this on a message board yesterday and I was DYING at some of these!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

ahahaaaaaa! those are so awesome.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Good point about asking for an ultrasound if they dont hear it on the doppler.  Does anyone know if ATruis in Weymouth can do that?  I did not have that the first time around. 

I had an ultrasound done at 5w6d and they picked up the heartbeat but it was low.  The tech and my doc said it was fine because it was soo soo early to even see it on the u/s. 

The begining part is so hard because you cant feel a baby move and you want to make sure eveything is ok but since you are only going every 4 weeks it is a long time to wait to make sure everything is fine.  I dont have any sympotms that would tell me otherwise but I just need some kind of reassurance.  I am hopeful that since this is my second pregnancy I will be able to feel the baby moving earlier that the first time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

My favorite is the last one.  Oh my god.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, my word.  The Christmas card...that's got Elaine's npple card beat hands down (or, thankfully, hands UP as the case may be).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I like the mermaid! I'm inspired.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Quad - I go to Atrius, so does MM - I love them!  Dr Chen offered an u/s this time at 12 or 13 weeks but she found the HB with the doppler first.  I do think that they are very understanding for people who have had a m/c before.  When I was pregnant with DD I had had a m/c 2 months before and I had a few early u/s's just to make/keep me sane.  I also talked to Dr Chen about feeling very nervous about feeling "good" and not sick during the 1st trimester - She said it is very common the 2nd time around because you are very busy with #1 and that when she was preg with her 2nd she felt the same way (which was really nice to hear).  I know it doesn't ease worry but I thought I'd share anyway.  Who are you seeing?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Thanks KT-

Being pregnant for the second time is a totally different experience.  I dont want to say I am not as excited, I just guess I dont have that much time to think about it.  I am so busy trying to keep up with work, DD, house work, etc that it has not settled in yet.  Plus with the fact that I had the ectopic we have not told many people about this pregnancy yet so I really have no one to talk to about it besides DH and my immediate family. 

I love Atrius too.  I like it so much that I go there for my yearly pap and to my PCP for the rest of the physical.  I know it is stupid to pay a co pay for the GYN and PCP.  

I see Dr. Kotch as my primary but I have met everyone else and love them to.  Dr. Chen delivered DD and she was so nice.  Of course she was the only one I did not meet during the rounds of appointments.  I saw Michelle Millard a few weeks ago for my first appt and she was really nice.   That was the first time I have met her.  I have been there a lot since my last pregnancy ended in Ectopic so they have been watching me closely.   Because of that maybe I will speak to Dr. Kotch about getting the U/S machine if the doppler can not pick anything up. I would really love to share our news with the rest of the family in a few weeks. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Hi Quad!  Congrats!
    Just want to echo KTs praise for Atrius.  I love Dr. Kotch and Dr. Chen.  Dr. Kotch is my primary but Dr. Chen delivered DS.  I think Dr. Kotch is great at being super practical and also she really helped me through my post partum struggles.  I think Dr. Chen's experience shines through and she is also very reassuring.  In general, I have found Dr. Chen a little more "trigger happy" to do her own ultrasounds and check things out herself, but Dr. Kotch has always been willing to order extra u/s and tests as needed.  Bottom line, if you are worried about something - they both totally respond.  I would just say Dr. Chen is a little more hands on and Dr. Kotch is a little bit more of a referral/follow up type.  But, they do have a portable u/s machine there so if they struggle to hear the HB, I think they'd wheel that right in or walk someone right next door to radiology for a quick check.  Overall, I've had great experiences with that office.  Last time, I did the rounds and pretty much met everyone (except the new one on staff now).  This time, I'm sticking to Chen and Kotch since it will be a scheduled c-section and my preference will be either of them.  If I find out as it gets closer I have to or may have to go with someone else, then I'll try to vary up who my appts are with.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

good news re: maternity jeans in Long at Gap! (Well, good for me anyway)...they have a new pair of skinny jeans available online with a nude colored full panel. Payday is tomorrow - woohoo!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Quad, I totally understand what you are saying, #2 is different but still exciting - Just its easy to forget you are preg.  I was discussing this with a friend who is preg with #2 and I said god I have so much I need to do for the baby and I keep putting it off where with DD I was in a rush to do everything.  Its different because there is less time to do things.  I try and relax in bed for a while each night and feel the baby move, etc - That's my "special" time with this baby.

I saw all the dr's with DD and Dr North delivered (c-section) this time I have seen Dr Chen and the newer one, Dr Romanjoli, I really like her.  I've seen Michelle too and she is very nice, I recently saw Kristin for the first time during this pregnancy and she was great. 

Anyway, I'd probably mention that you are anxious and would like a u/s and see if they can do the in exam room one or squeeze you in next door.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Thanks Girls..It is nice to hear that you guys love Atrius as much as I do.  Dr. Romanjoli did not work there while I was pregnant with DD but she happened to be the on call doctor the night I found out my pregnancy in March was ectopic so I met her then.  She was AWESOME, put me at ease through the whole thing.

Over they are all great doctors. I dont have one bad thing thing to say about any of them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Silver - That's awesome! I was just going to have my BFF take some cool photos, but a friend had hers done by a photographer who only charges a $100 sitting fee so I might go for it. She knew that photog, though, so not sure how much she would charge me as a stranger. I'd love to take some photos in the same spot where I took photos with my bridesmaids, only hopefully with snow.

AFM - I literally almost passed out while driving to work this morning. I was feeling uncomfortable, so I leaned my seat back a little more, but that didn't help much. Next thing I knew I started seeing spots and I had to pull onto the left shoulder and turn my hazards on. I felt AWFUL for a couple of minutes and broke into a sweat… I rolled the windows down and sat there for 5 minutes and then I felt better. So scary!!!

I ate breakfast, but only a tiny bowl of cereal, like 1/3 the size of usual. Not sure if that was why, but note to self: do NOT do that again!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

It is a fun time in the Prill house today.  DH and I are both home, him with a tummy bug and me with a sinus infection. We have quarantined ourselves to seperate rooms of the apartment.  I am really hoping I don't get his bug.

I have had some weird stomach cramps today, like gas pains, but without the gas,  on both right and left side - anyone else have similar around 11 weeks (please, please be normal pregnancy stuff and not an indication that I will spend all night tonight in the bathroom!)?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

fram, that's terrifying! did you call your doctor?

there's a woman I work with who told me that when she was pregnant with her daughter, the baby would sometimes move into a position that basically was sitting on some nerve (dont know which) and it would make her completely paralyzed from the waist down. Scary stuff...especially when driving.

(Also, I don't know how true the story is so not to scare anyone - I don't even like this woman so who knows how credible her stories are.)