December Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Re: December Updates

Prill that could still be gas - just trapped gas, which makes it especially painful. Hopefully that's all it is - i can't think of anything else it would be! But I am pretty sure it is probably normal pregnancy stuff. :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

It really was terrifying!!  I felt so awful at first that I was just praying it would go away so I could keep going and get to work.  Definitely almost cried... not that it takes much to make me cry anymore!

This whole pregnancy thing is very weird for me; I'm usually one to downplay things and say "Eh it won't kill me."  But when it comes to something like this you have to be realistic and admit that you almost passed out while driving and you could have seriously injured yourself or someone else.  I feel like such a drama queen!

My sister in law has had issues with her sciatic nerve since early on, like less than 15 weeks pregnant.  One of her legs often goes numb.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Fram, that happened to me a couple of times while driving to work while I was pregnant with DD.  It was really scary and I remember sweating buckets and having to roll down the window in freezing cold weather and still sweating.   I remember exactly where I was when it happened.  Quite terrifying.  I am not sure what it was, but I just wanted to let you know it happened to me also.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Fram that has happened to me a few times too more in this pregnancy than the last.  Just last week it happened on my way to get DD at daycare - I had to ask for a snack from her daycare provider and stay for a few mins until I felt better.  She made a good suggestion of keeping some snacks in my glove compartment - Cookies, gum, etc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Fram, that must have been scary!  I have heard that fainting spells are common during pregnancy, but still...yikes.  Obviously I'm sure you're going to anyway, but definitely mention this to your doctor!

Prill, I had the WORST gas pains earlier in my pregnancy.  They'd sometimes leave me hunched over in pain they were so bad.  Now I have the opposite problem of not being able to hold it in, which though not painful, can be quite embarrassing!  LOL! 

Does anybody have any ideas for small, cute and/or funny baby-related gifts for the grandparents-to-be?  DH and I always do stockings with my parents...we fill them to the brim with small gifts (some jokes, some good stuff).  I wanted to get a few baby things for them, but I'm not entirely sure what...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Pugs, We have duplicates of a lot of things at my parents house and it makes life really easy.  What about throwing a bottle or two in, maybe a baby bowl and spoon, a couple bibs, burp clothes or things like that?   I also had Nana and Papa mugs made for each of my parents - they love those.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

We were originally going to get Grandparent-themed picture frames with a "reserved" sign in the window to be filled w/ a baby picture when the time comes. But then we decided to get them carseat attachments for each of their cars...haha. :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Pugs, I started a thread about cute gifts for the grandparents, but didn't get many bites.  The website cafepress was suggested... possibly by you lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

Fram, sounds like you might have had a low blood sugar episode and coupled with the extra pressure your circulation system is undergoing.

I have low blood sugar episodes that I've learned to see coming a mile away.  You start with the bubble-head dizzy feeling and then its followed up with hot flashes/sweats and an overall crappy feeling.

I can usually nip them in the bud with a few glucose tablets.  Just pop one or two when you get that feeling.  You get them in the diabetes section at the drugstore.  The orange ones are yummy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Fram - I was thinking the same thing as Sarah.  A friend of mine had some similar episodes and had told me that... she also had gestational diabetes, not sure if they are linked or not.. Either way, scary and I'm glad you pulled over right away and it didn't last long.  I hope it doesn't happen again.  Be sure to eat more in the mornings!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Fram - I had a friend whose baby would sit on some nerve and it would cause her to pass out...it happened a few times.  Similar to Silver's story about the baby sitting on the nerve and causing the woman to be temporarily paralyzed. Not to freak you out, but it can happen - but isn't permanent! 

Silver - Ahhh! I may have to exchange my Gap skinnies for the full panel nude ones...I was just saying I wish my full panels were nude for the spring/summer with white/light teeshirts...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Sprout, just get another pair. You can never have too many skinny jeans. :-)

Sooo...23 weeks and today there was a slight pink-tinge on my pantyliner. Nothing since, but I called the doc after Google-Devil told me that it could be a sign of pre-term labor. They, of course, don't seem concerned but they got me in to see him tomorrow morning just to be safe. I'm actually glad to go b/c I'm traveling Friday so I think it will be good to fly with peace of mind (or as my old Indian gyno used to say, "a little piece of your mind.")

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hope everything is OK, Silver!  Even when you know it is, a visit to the doctor makes you feel SO much better.  Maybe you'll get another ultrasound!
    LOL I love when people write piece of mind.  Or should I say hate?

Thanks for all the reassurance everyone.  I made sure to do a kick count when I got to work yesterday.  I actually felt her moving more during that hour than I have in a long time!!  I had a meeting, so I was able to just sit there with my arms across my tummy the whole time.  Drove to work today with no drama, so hopefully it was just low blood sugar or something.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Hope everything is ok Silver!

Had my 13 week appointment today and got to hear the heartbeat.  I heard it at my 6week u/s, though it was still so cool to hear again!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

13 weeks already?!  Congrats, you're almost out of the 1st trimester!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

All is good - no reason behind it, but everything is as good as it can be he says. He gave me a printout of my u/s report to bring with me to Ohio just in case anything happens (it won't). It's kind of funny to read the report. They say my right ovary is "grossly unremarkable." Well, Mr. Radiologist - I tend to disagree!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Wow, wed, 13 weeks already!  I guess I forgot you were only one week behind me!  Congrats!

"grossly unremarkable"  - what does that even mean?! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

In Response to Re: December Updates:
    [QUOTE]Wow, wed, 13 weeks already!  I guess I forgot you were only one week behind me!  Congrats! "grossly unremarkable"  - what does that even mean?! 
    Posted by LilSprout[/QUOTE]

And why no mention of the left? is it even more unremarkable?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

I know, I can't believe 13weeks already, either! 

Sprout, are you wearing maternity pants yet, how do you get them to stay up, the bella band?  I definitely need to get something,my pants are so tight, though I know I am not ready for maternity pants, yet!  I might be able to stretch it if I buy a few longer tops so I can hide the bella band, that's my problem at the moment. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Wed, if it's just a matter of needing a tiny bit more room in your regular pants, you can use a rubber band like I did.  Just wrap the band around the button, pull it through the button hole, then back around the button again.  Instantly gives you another inch or so!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Thanks Pugs, I think I will try that tomorrow!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Yay!  I survived my holiday party!  I had about a half a glass of wine or so and bolted early.  Whew!  Now what's next to stress about??

I also love the bella band.  And I'm also counting the days until the after christmas sales so I can get some new clothes.  I wish I had gotten more last pregnancy now!  I didn't want to get too many in-between (in between regular and full on big belly) but now I know that those in between sizes are also great for post-partum until you lose the baby weight. 

Ugh - I just hate the pregnancy weight gain!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

I hate the pregnancy HIP EXPANSION.  I coulnd't get my butt back into anything, not even CLOSE after I lost my baby weight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Oh good Trouble, you must be happy that is behind you.

I ended up getting rid of a lot of my maternity clothes from DD.  My chest grew and never fully went back and a lot of my shirts did not fit properly so I had to buy new.  The pants have been fine though so that saved some $$.  I am now focusing on post pregnancy clothes, getting some nice new comfy clothes.  There are some good sales out now at Old Navy and Gap.  I also found that JcPenney has size tall in sweats which I love in tops, so I got a few there too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Logan airport has free wi-fi, yay!

Pugs, I think your sweet old man from the gym was at the Summer Shack in Cambridge last night - this old gentlemen came over and told me I was the prettiest pregnant lady he'd ever seen (other than his wife). It made my night!

Not sure if anyone else has done some flying but people are definitely staring at me. I feel like I need a sign that says, "It's OK - I'm allowed to fly."

Also, being at the airport just makes me want to eat!

Have a great weekend everyone