December Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Re: December Updates

Have a good weekend Silver.  I hope you get upgraded for being noticably pregnant!  I flew when I was 8 weeks last time so no special treatment for me.

KT, I know what you mean about the longer tops! Most of my pre-pregnancy shirts are too short due to my now massive chest and I do not feel comfortable in them.  I have a few longer tops that I wear, but I'm sick of them and want some variety.  I'll have to check out Gap and Old Navy.  I love those stores.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Aww, Silver, that is so sweet!  For every stupid comment that someone makes, thankfully people like this sweet old men exist to make us feel good and balance them out!

Has anyone else noticed that they were thirstier than normal at any point during the third trimester?  I've just noticed this the last few days.  I haven't really eaten anything too high in sodium, and my GCT results were fine so I'm not worried about diabetes at all. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

I was drinking water constantly it seems pretty much my whole last pregnancy (at the end I think I was filling my 500 mL water bottle at least 2 times, and often 3 times a day while at work, then drinking more in the evenings) and I've been trying to do the same this time around. I think it is the recent cold has made the air everywhere really dry - I know my skin is dry and my lips are so chapped it hurts to even put on lip balm. Plus pretty much any pregnancy symptom you have is remedied by "drink plenty of water."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Oh boy, i hope I don't get thirsty like that, I already pee enough as it is!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

I don't usually comment over here... but amy-lynn made me think of my chapped lips tip that might be of use to you girls...

My favorite "lip balm" this time of year is n!pple balm.  I've done both regular lanolin and now I'm using N!pple Butter (from Target,First Year's brand I think?).  I found that the lanolin you have to be careful to keep just on your lips, as it would plug pores and cause small pimples in the skin around my lips.  I've not had this issue with the N!pple butter.

It is awesome!  totally soothing and moisturizing.  And completely safe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

In Response to Re: December Updates:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: December Updates : Wed, Sprout: when are you two due? I hit 14 weeks yesterday; due 6/16. I thought I was two weeks behind Sprout, but sounds like we're a bit closer than I had thought.  And Wed, sounds like we're a week apart, yes?
    Posted by CTMum[/QUOTE]

Hi CTMum, my due date is 6/21 so just a few days after yours.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

CTMum - I'm due around 6/12.  So I was 15 weeks yesterday (Sunday).

Wed - I am not in maternity work/dress pants yet but I am in maternity jeans on the weekends and LOVE them.  The demi panel ones kept falling down but the full panel ones stay up.  For work pants, I use the belly band (from Target) and also the long ruched tank top from the same brand at Target - it's long and black and actually holds my pants up/in as well as the belly band does which is awesome.  My bloating comes and goes...somehow it's better on the weekends and worse during the work week.  I wonder if the sitting all day has something to do with how puffy I get in the stomach?  I was on my feet most of this weekend and felt svelte! :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

Ha ha Amy, all pregnancy remedies do indeed seem to start with drink more water.

And my theory on lip balm is that you shouldn't use it unless you are pretty much looking like a zombie.  I was able to wean my husband off it (a chapstick lover) and now we only use 100% petroleum jelly (kinda yick) if we HAVE to.  If you are always slathering on all those balms, your lips will stop moisturizing themsevles and you will have to rely on balms.  Lots of them have camphor and waxes which actually dry you out.

Just my theory.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

There is a due dates thread around somewhere; you should all add your dates!

Wed - I highly recommend the bella band!  I didn't start wearing maternity pants until something like 22-23 weeks.  Partially because I have gained slowly, but mostly because I'm cheap.  I wasn't about to buy maternity pants twice.

We had a great trip to Grand Cayman from Thurs - Sun.  Definitely didn't receive any special treatment despite being 30+ weeks pregnant, but that's OK.  I wore my regular bikinis - although the ones with the most coverage.  We actually say 3 or 4 other pregnant women on the beach!  (One was questionable and DH wasn't around for a second opinion.)  I don't know if it's one of those things you don't notice until you're in the club or what. 

On Saturday, we went on a snorkeling trip.  At first I was too embarrassed to take off my clothes and finish applying sunblock, but then I thought, Who gives a crap??  I'm not wearing my clothes in the water, so they're all gonna see it in a few minutes anyway!

We took photos in our bathing suits (for our eyes only) and let me just say that I am definitely bigger than thought lol!  It also doesn't help that DH is an AWFUL photographer.  I have learned that I have to critique the photos and make him re-take them.  "OK this time kneel on the ground so you're not taking the photo from a foot above my head."

Silver - How did the flying go?  My legs and feet were pretty much swollen the whole time we were away, but I expected that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Sarah - I second your post.  I only use petroleum jelly (I don't even wear lip glosses or lipstick anymore) when I really need it and they're in great shape.  You really do become addicted to having sticky lips!  When your lips start moisturizing themselves, they feel great. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Now I know why there was a post on maternity pantyhose. I wore regular tights today under a dress and just folded them down. I feel like I'm wearing a corset, I am in pain!! I'd take them off but no one wants to see my pasty white legs and also I'd freeze.   Time to buy yet another maternity item..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Fram, I swear every time you post how many weeks you are I wonder "how is that possible?!"  (Even though I know you are due in Feb.)  Your pregnancy is going so quickly for me :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

It's going quickly for me too Sprout!!  I thought 40 weeks would drag by like the last week before Christmas when you're a kid, but thankfully it has gone quickly.
    I was sitting on the beach thinking to myself that I get to meet this little girl (supposedly) in 9 weeks and I got teary eyed.  It's so unreal!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Fram, so jealous of your trip! and the fact that you can wear bikinis right now!

I didnt swell up at all, but my flight was barely 2 hours. I've actually been pretty lucky so far in the swelling department. Maybe that's my consolation prize for gaining too much too fast. :-)

I loved being home, cried when I left and all the way to work this morning...I hate coming back, even though I'm glad to be home with DH and our mules. I found out my parents will be alone on Christmas this year. 5 kids and not one is coming home for Christmas. So, of course I cry everytime I htink of that. They do have friends that invited them over so they'll do that...but still...it breaks my heart. I hate living far away sometimes.

I have to catch up on all these posts now...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Fram, I can't believe you and I are only 9 weeks away!  For me it seemed like the first few months dragged, but after that the whole pregnancy flew by.  I have to say, I am SO looking forward to not being pregnant anymore!  :)

Are any other pregnant ladies (or moms) having holiday induced anxiety yet?  I always get anxious when I know I have to be around my in-laws, but I think being pregnant is magnifying it.  I have to see my MIL on Christmas night for the first time since Easter, and I'm totally dreading it.  Somehow I've managed to only speak to her on the phone once since April, which has been awesome, but I guess it just makes me more anxious since I don't know how she'll act.  It seems as though she's backed off (she pretty much blew my mother off when she contacted her about my shower), but who knows...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Pugs, I have to go to MIL's house tonight for Christmas and see SIL as well. I am definitely having anxiety, I don't want to go - and the fact that I just had to leave my own family is not making it any better. The positive is that I'm hoping this means DH and I can spend some quiet time at home on Christmas Day.

I feel for you...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

That's true, Pugs. The first trimester goes by more slowly because you are so anxious to reach the safe zone!

For me, it's my own family that stresses me out. My brother won't be in the same house as my sister, so there is always lots of strategery to map out the holidays. We're going to MIL's for Christmas Eve and then my parents' for Christmas… where we may or may not get to see my bro to exchange gifts :oP

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Pugs, you are exactly right that pregnancy causes anxiety. I started seeing a therapist for anxiety last year and she said that she wouldn't need to see me any more except that I got pregnant. She said that even people w/o anxiety can become very anxious when you are pg, so she wants to continue to see me through post partum to make sure things are ok! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

ajuly, I also had anxiety issues before I got pregnant...does your doctor seem to think that people like us are more likely to have issues post partum?  I was wondering this the other day.  I'll probably talk to my doctor about it at my next appointment to see what she thinks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Pugs, she said that with all the hormone changes it's likely to experience anxiety or depression after the baby is born (more so the latter). 

On another note, anyone seen where they sell Maternity Spanx? I got some as a gift but they don't look like they're brand new off the shelf from nordstrom..look like they may have come from a TJ maxx or something, but I've never seen maternity stuff at a discount store like that. They are too small and I want to exchange them but am embarassed to show up to Norstrom/saks with a sightly beat up box..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

ajuly, maybe Nordstrom Rack?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

I have seen them at Motherhood but that place is a pain to do any returns at.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Question about movement - I feel plenty of kicks/punches/rolls although I never am quite sure exactly what's going on in there, but it seems like as soon as I put my hand on my belly the baby stops moving. Or if I talk and say, "Hey mom look you can see my belly moving" it stops.

Does this happen to anyone else? I'm wondering if the baby is just very easily soothed (wishful thinking). :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Silver, same things happens to me.  I'm convinced she's just stubborn like her mom.  :)

However, as I get further along and she moves more, I find it easier to catch her.  Actually, lately I find that when she's kicking a certain spot, I can lightly poke her and she'll respond by kicking back at me!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I've noticed that too, Silver, especially if I lift up my shirt or if DH presses too hard.  Be gentle daddy!  It seems like the cold air makes her stop, but I guess it's unlikely that the cold air gets through my body and the fluids to make her stop.

Finally had an appointment with the NP today!!!  I hadn't seen her since October because of Thanksgiving and then postponing last week's appt.  I like meeting with her so much better because she has time to sit and chat.  She recommended a massage for my back pain which is always good to hear ;o)

Kind of funny/annoying.  She just mentioned today that they've been using 2/24 as my due date since AUGUST.  I'm still going with 2/22 because that was what the first u/s said and also because it lines up with when we BDed.  It's annoyiong to me that the u/s in August showed a different date and no one ever said anything!  I assumed they were still going by my last period.

Sections
Shortcuts