December Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Re: December Updates

I am officially 12 weeks today, and for the last 4 days have managed to not need to be sick once. Hurrah!  I am crossing everything that I am over the hump of the morning (noon and night) sickness. I remain sleepy and headachey, but hopefully this passes soon too - that would be an excellent Christmas present!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I'm surprised they even bothered to change your date at all if its only by 2 days! Let's just hope that baby girl comes early and doesn't venture any closer to the dreaded 25th! :-)

Congrats on the benchmark, Prill! Merry early Christmas!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congrats Prill!  12 weeks is such a great milestone.  Hope you continue to feel better.

I'm surprised too, Silver.  When the u/s showed 2/22, they didn't change it because it was only 3 days' difference from LMP (I assume).  I guess 5 days is significant enough for them. 
    And wow you have a good memory!  Or was it you whose sister had the same bday?  :o)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

My sister has the same birthday, so it sticks out. :-) Plus I talk to you in real life. lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

I had a doctors appt yesterday.  The doctor wheeled in the portable ultrasound machine right away since she knew she would not be able to pick the heartbeat up on the dopper since I was only 9w5d.  That ultrasound machine is not the best but she saw the heartbeat and it was moving all around and she said the arm was moving.  I honestly could not notice a thing because the picture was so bad.  Anyway, she thought I was not as far along as we orginally thought so she sent me to imaging for an ultrasound which was an extra suprise.  Instead of being not as far along as she thought, the baby actually messured 10 weeks exactly.  I thought I was going to be 10 weeks on Saturday. I guess they will not change my original due date of 7/23 because it is only 2 days off.  It was pretty cool to see the baby now.  It actualy looks like a baby.  The first ultrasound it just looked like a blob. 

So all is good, DH and I are excited to tell his family on Saturday.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Quad that's awesome.  Love your due date too.  I'm due (according to LMP) 8/9.  DD was due 5/8 but she came early on 4/23.  My b-day is 5/23 and DH is 6/22, so I'm sorta hoping this baby also comes early on 7/22 or 7/23, then we will each be a month apart and I think that'd be really cool! 

We're debating telling my family tomorrow when we see them for Christmas.  I haven't even scheduled my first DA, but I did do another POAS on Wed. to reconfirm.  LOL.  I'm getting a lot better.  With DD I also reconfirmed - 7 times!  Surprised

Merry Christmas!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday! I'm excited for "baby's first Christmas!"  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

In Response to Re: December Updates:
    [QUOTE]I hope you all have a wonderful holiday! I'm excited for "baby's first Christmas!"  
    Posted by ajuly09[/QUOTE]

I keep thinking of it that way too!  I guess it'll just make next year even better, when the baby really is here :o)  DH's uncle kept saying we're going to have another little one running around next year.  Maaaybe she'll be stumbling a few steps, but probably not running around quite yet!

We had a nice Christmas Eve & Christmas.  Got to see both families.  Received a few things for the baby.  Wish the weekend didn't have to end soon!

Hope everyone else had a happy holiday too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  

Now it's time to use the gift cards I received to buy some new clothes.  Does anyone know if there are any Ann Taylor Loft stores that carry maternity in the store or is it online only?  Their store locator was no help.  Thanks!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Hope no one had to travel in this snow - our company gave us a snow day, not that I was planning to go in anyway. :-)

This whole not having to shovel thing is pretty awesome!

we had a wonderful Christmas, I don't usually expect a lot of gifts but DH's dad and stepmom went crazy baby-shopping! They got us a few things off our registry which was really nice, and a few fun additional things too.  Plus 2 maternity outfits that FIT - i love my Step-MIL. :-)

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and got to enjoy time with their fams.

I can't wait for 2011 to start - We're going to see a lot of babies being born on this board in just a couple short months!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Silver-not shoveling has been great! DH shoveled all night and day and here I am in my pjs at 1:00. 

I did do some lifting and moving (light) boxes yesterday and my lower stomach got very tight and my back hurt. I was kinda scared by it, but I'm fine today. DH yelled at me to go lie down.  It's hard for me to sit still. 

Got a few baby items as well and some maternity clothes. I'm starting to get quite the maternity wardrobe, not sure where to put it all! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Aww, I love shoveling!  My DH also shoveled all night and day and I wish I could have helped him! 

Hope you all (who celebrate it...) had a good Christmas.  Santa also brought me a bunch of maternity clothes which is WONDERFUL.  I feel like a new woman! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

DH usually handles the shoveling, but it's nice not feeling guilty about it :o)
    He's laid off (only for a few weeks hopefully), so he has time!  He's going to come to my appt tomorrow to meet the OB.  Hope he's not too excited because the appts with her are pretty uneventful lol.

Ajuly - There were a couple times, maybe around 20+ weeks, that overdid the lifting and had a sore lower abdomen.  I think we all go through that!  Things that seem like no big deal suddenly have consequences.

I got a couple of maternity items as well - 2 sweaters from mom and then one shirt from SIL that is too small for her.  The only things I really need now are undershirts for under sweaters, especially cardigans.  The non-maternity ones I've been using may not fit much longer!

We got a few things for the baby.  I'm kind of glad we didn't get more; that's what the shower is for!  But it was really fun to get a few things (newborn rocker, snowsuits, and something I am forgetting).

Jordan's is FINALLY coming to look at the dresser this week!!  (to see if they can fix a scratch/dent on the front)  And the crib is being delivered next week.  I feel like we are FINALLY accomplishing something.  We picked up the dresser over a month ago, but it's been sitting there empty with the huge ugly empty box next to it.  I want my pristine baby room back!

Why did I just type a novel?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

Hi Ladies.  I have been mia this month, but have been reading along. 
    I think my hormones have really kicked into full gear because all month I am reduced to tears over nothing at all.  This week has been better though, maybe it was the added stress of the holidays?

I had the stomach flu on Christmas day  - not the worst I ever had it, but of course Dr. still wanted me to go to hospital that night for rehydration.  Since I was in NH and finally holding down fluids, I decided not to go.  She said it was okay since baby was moving SO much.  The next morning I was better anyway.  Now of course, DH has the stomach thing and has been more sick than I have ever seen him.  Needless to say, I didn't go shovel and he can't either, so we are trapped in the house for now.  even missed the x-mas party at my parents house tonight which I am very upset about :( 
    Tomorrow morning I have my glucose test, so hoping that goes well.  Can't believe it will be Tuesday already!  This vacation week is almost over. 

PS - all my life I thought I knew what heartburn was.  but now as I am sitting here typing, I have this burning feeling and can't seem to figure it out.  but then it dawned on me......THIS is heartburn!!! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

BostonSLP, we're just getting over the stomach flu too in our house.  A very unwelcome Christmas visitor!  DH had it first, then me, but so far DD has managed to avoid it, thankfully.  I was actually hoping it was morning sickness and that I didn't catch his bug, but nope, it was the bug.  It's the worst because it's so contageous!  We're also not dug out yet and have practically no food left.  DH will be working on getting us out today.  I also had it when I was 35 weeks with DD.  That was scary too.  But we all survived without any emergency trips to the ER.  Hope you and DH are feeling better today!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Boston and Trouble, I feel your pain... I am just getting over it myself!  It started Sunday night around 6pm and as of 9am this morning I was finally able to keep most down.. I called the on call doc as my ob was on vaca and she told me pedialyte, gatorade, and not to worry about food for 24 hours but after that try saltines and toast which is what I've been doing.. I was feeling good last night around 7 so tried a sandwich of bread, cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes but nope... all came up 20 mins later.  so far my plain bagel with nothing on it this morning has stayed in.. fingers crossed.  I'm also hoping my husband doesn't get it... He felt so helpless watching me yesterday.  I was concerned about the baby too but he was moving a lot so they said he should be just fine but if I couldn't get down more fluids then was coming up they wanted to see me for an IV of fluids to protect the baby.. thankfully the pedialyte and gatorade worked.  I don't know what it is going around but it's horrible!  My brother got it too late Sunday night.. after me.. I saw him Sunday morning so go figure!  :-(

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

So sorry to hear how sick you all are!  It must be awful.  The thought of having to vomit with this huge tummy/sore muscles is just horrible.  Hope you feel better soon!

On the way to work this morning, I felt like I was going to pass out again, so definitely need to call the doctor's office.  Luckily this time I recognized the symptoms faster, so I leaned my seat back and rolled down the window and didn't have to pull over, though I was definitely prepared to!  Last time, the NP said it was probably low blood pressure or the baby's position - not blood sugar since I did eat breakfast.  If this keeps up, I'm going to have to stop driving to work!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Fram, geez! can you start working from home?

sorry to hear about all the stomach bugs. Makes me very grateful I never get sick (knock on wood). Hopefully everyone starts feeling better very soon!

So I just checked the Due Dates post and it looks like June08 is on deck...have we heard from her in awhile? In the due date thread she said she was due 1/12 but could possibly have a scheduled c-section for December.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

You're right - we haven't heard from her in a couple weeks.  Hope everything is OK!

After the first incident, the NP said she knew it wasn't what I would want to hear, but it sounded normal and she wouldn't be worried unless I truly did pass out without warning.  Even still, I obviously can't be driving 40 miles to work every day if there is a chance I'll pass out!!  I think they would be flexible about working from home for a week or two, but not 8.  I could, however, work out of a different location so I could take the train instead.  We'll see!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

So a lousy start to my day...I have to go for a non-stress test this morning because I fell outside my condo today.  :(  I hit a patch of ice and fell hard on my @ss.  Thankfully I didn't fall forward, but my doctor told me to come into the office just to check that everything is okay.  She didn't sound too worried, but she did say if I'm having any contractions they'll send me to the hospital.

The baby is moving like she normally does at this time of day, which is a good sign.  I do, however, believe that my @ss is broken.

Wish me luck!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

Hey Ladies, your all too cute thinking of me.  Im having DD next Wednesday via c section.  I have been following you all, but havent posted because my other DD has been pretty sick since Thanksgiving.  I am hoping something gives and she starts getting better like tomorrow so I can go into the hospital with less worry and more excitement.  Sorry to read all the ppl who are suffering from the stomach bug, I couldnt imagine dealing with that pregnant.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Oh no, Pugs, feel better!  It's so slippery out there, I keep thinking of all of the women who are more pregnant than I am and have more of a risk when they fall.  Glad you didn't wrench your abdomen and it was only your bum that's hurt (hopefully).

June - good luck!  Hope your DD gets better before you have the newbie as I'm sure you'll have your hands full! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Oh no, Pugs! I'm sure everything is OK, I hope your butt gets better though. I fell down the steps once (not prego) and I have a  permanent dent in my left @ss cheek from it (if anyone ever goes to Felt in downtown crossing, hold onto the dang railing!!). Hopefully there will be no permanent issues for you. :-) Keep us posted w/ the non-stress test.

Good luck next week, June! Hope your daughter feels better too!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Just got back from the doctor and everything is fine.  They hooked me up to the monitor for about 40 minutes, and once they saw the heart rate and her activity level start to increase they were happy.  Such a relief!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Glad to hear everything is OK Pugs!  With all of this snow and ice, I've been worried about all you pregos - and myself!

I don't know how anyone could continue doing cardio at this point! I'm sure some of you are managing.  At work I get SO winded just walking to the other end of the building and up the stairs to the 2nd floor.  I think it's the stairs that are too much because I can walk 3 miles with pretty much no problem!  I actually pressed the elevator button today, but then thought to myself that no way am I going to take the elevator 2-3 times a day for the next 8 weeks.  I'll climb the stairs very slowly.  Thank goodness we live on the first floor.