Drug free remedy for ms

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Drug free remedy for ms

I'm watching the home remedy episode of The Doctors, and the OB/GYN said that applying acupressure on a nerve near your wrist can alleviate morning sickness.  It's the same pressure point the bands for motion sickness stimulates so you can buy a sea sickness wrist band or take two fingertips and press on the opposide side of the inside of your wrist as you would to take your pulse (straight down from your pinkie). 

OK, here's a diagram you can get a laugh out of but that's hopefully helpful.  The horizontal line is your wrist crease, and the red squares are where to press.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Re: Drug free remedy for ms

I love the diagram! Thanks for the tip. Hopefully I'll continue to be lucky and not need it. . .but I'll keep it in mind.;-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from keywestsunset. Show keywestsunset's posts

Boy, I wish that had worked for me. I've tried every non drug remedy known to man to reduce my MS with no success. I'm 26 weeks along and I'm afraid I'm going to be one of those women who has MS the entire pregnancy. The only thing that works is Zofran.

I know some people for whom the process you describe works but others have told me that as soon as you take the bands off, your MS immediately returns.

It certainly doesn't hurt to try - I really wish it had worked for me!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

I tried seabands and the electronic version (relief band) that sends a minor electronic stimulation to the same pressure points. Both did VERY little to ease my m/s. I ended up on Zofran until I was 18 weeks along.

It definitely can't hurt to try this, but like all things pregnancy-related it can be hit-or-miss depending on the person.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, hopefully you got a laugh out of my drawing if nothing else. :)

Oh, yeah, she also mentioned all things ginger, but I'm sure that's not news to anyone here.  I'd never heard of the pressure point "remedy."