Emerson Hospital OB/GYN recommendations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kd2007. Show kd2007's posts

Emerson Hospital OB/GYN recommendations

Hello,

Does anyone have a recommendation on an OB/GYN who delivers at Emerson? Anyone out there with any experiences with the Birthing Center at Emerson?

Thanks for your help.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoffeeQueen. Show CoffeeQueen's posts

Re: Emerson Hospital OB/GYN recommendations

Hi kd-

I've been a patient at AFA OBGYN for a few years (located in the John Cummings building at Emerson).  It took me leaving AFA to go to a more "convenient doctor" so I could deliver at Winchester Hospital, to realize how amazing the staff and Dr. Ingrid Balcomb is (in my opinion).  I had one harrowing prenantal visit at the convenient office (Burlington OBGYN) to convince me to go back to AFA.  Also my bad experience was confirmed by some of the ladies on these boards, whom had written about what had happened to them with Burlington OBGYN, which of course I read after the fact and it only convinced me more to go back to Concord. Personally, I would rather trek the extra 30 minutes for peace of mind! I didn't realize how good I had it till I left! Also, I am pregnant with my first child and can't imagine going through the process at another office.

Lesley Kenney is a RNC and she is amazing; super funny, super nice and really factual (cut and dry).  In the past I have mostly seen her for routine checkups and paps. I will see her here and there throughout my pregnancy but she does not deliver babies.  All the nurses are super approachable and personable which I'm come to feel as most important since you have the most face time with them.  At your intake, the lead RN will sit with you and talk through anything and everything.  At Burlington, they handed me a bag with a parenting magazine and some prenatal vitamins and to call if I had questions. At AFA the office is all brand new and state of the art, which I like because they do all their ultrasounds and bloodwork in house.

It all depends on personal preference, but since AFA is small (1 OBGYN and 1 midwife) they share coverage for deliveries with Concord OBGYN which is across the street.  I have never been there so I cannot report on the office or doctors.  The nurse at my intake did say that I would have the opprtunity to meet the other doctors BUT that Dr. Balcomb delivers 89% of her patients which I felt comfortable with.

I hope this helps and good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from amunro. Show amunro's posts

I am seen by Kramer OB (http://kramerobgyn.com/index.html) and my experience thus far has been excellent. They have an office in the John Cummings Building and one in Acton (and one in Harvard, I believe - check out the website). The office staff are friendly and the three OBGYNs are awesome. They make sure you meet with all of them so that you know the person who is on-call to deliver your baby when the time comes. This is my first baby and so far so good. :) I am giving birth at the Birthing Center in Emerson (I strongly suggest taking a tour). I know you probably want to hear from people who have already gone through it, too.

I am also taking a prenatal childbirth class at Emerson, as well as an infant care class and a prenatal exercise class.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KD183. Show KD183's posts

I am currently a patient of Dr. Jamie Bond who I see at Concord OBGYN located across the street from Emerson.  I like her and the staff there very much so.  They've been supportive through a M/C and now a pregnancy.  Highly recommended!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KD183. Show KD183's posts

Oops...it's probably obvious since I responded to your question, but I forgot to mention Dr. Bond and the other drs. in her practice deliver at Emerson.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from missJB. Show missJB's posts

I second Kramer OBGYN, especially Dr. Hale.  I gave birth at the birthing center at Emerson last year in August.  The new facility had just opened.  What a fabulous staff and facility!  As a first time mom I was constantly comforted and reassured throughout the labor and delivery.  Dr. Kramer was cool and collected during a difficult vaginal delivery.  She new I was opposed to a c-section so she helped me deliver a very large baby girl vaginally with no complications.  I am pregnant again and expecting in May and I am thrilled to know that I will be treated so wonderfully at Emerson.  They also provide a ton of support after you have the baby.  Best of luck to you!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kd2007. Show kd2007's posts

Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it!