February 2014 Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

February 2014 Pregnancy

Hi everyone, 

I thought I would start a new post, we haven't had one here in awhile.  Hopefully this is in the right place, the header is telling me it is going to Parents/General.  I am not sure how many of us there are these days.  I will be 12 weeks tomorrow.  Going for the ERA this afternoon and I am so nervous.  I am petrified there is going to be no heartbeat again.  As with DD and the last pregnancy I have had not one sign of morning sickness (not complaining!) or any other symptom other than my b00bs are enormous and I am starving all the time.  

How is everyone else doing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Re: February 2014 Pregnancy

Wed - not pg but wanted to chime in and say that I'm thinking of you today.  Best of luck!  I hope there is a happy healthy baby in there! Let us know how it goes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Thanks CLC!  Everything on the u/s looked great, I am so relieved!  The baby was jumping all over the place so we were there awhile while they tried to get the measurments they needed so we got lots of good looks. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

Congrats wed-oct! I agree, I was nervous in between every doctors appt until I could hear the heartbeat and start to feel him move around all the time. I have not had any m/c or anything, but it is hard to believe something is in there without proof, you know?

I just hit month 8 - It goes by so quick! 7 weeks to go.....

I am on the home stretch and putting the nursery together. It is exciting!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Wed, so happy to see your news!!!  Been thinking of you. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Yay Wed!  So happy for you.  Hopefully you can breath a sigh of relief now!

Good luck with the final stretch Beagle!  I hope those last 8 weeks fly by :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Nearly 36 weeks-holy crap! Time is flying by. Dr says everything looks good-she's head down and has been for weeks.  My shower is this weekend and I peaked and saw someone bought our car seat so if nothing else, I know we have a way of getting the baby home now. I have a basinnet set up in our room and the crib is assembled but I still need to get the mattress so she also has some where to sleep. Not much else has been done in terms of a nursery, except we have a bookcase in there now and I am planning on using a dresser that we already had as a changing table. I just need to move it out of the closet and into the room.  

A friend of mine gave me a ton of hand-me down clothes (oneies, shirts, pants, sleep sacks, hats & a swaddle-me sleep sack)-all newborn and 0-3 months so she has some clothes. Baby clothes are so tiny, can't believe she's going to be that small.  So while I still feel totally unprepared for all this, I'm actually not doing too bad. People keep asking if I am over being pg yet and I tell them nope. I am perfectly fine with her hanging out the next 4 weeks or so because I am still in denial about all this lol. I've also had a really easy pregnancy. I may have lost the genetic lottery but pregnancy has been going well.

Tomorrow I am going to check out a daycare near the house that is actually affordable for us at three days a week. Really hoping we like it because it's convenient as well. Still need to secure a pediatrician but I got a recomendation from someone so I just need to call now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Northern, I have been thinking of you.  Glad to hear you're feeling good.  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone.  

Northern, you are really in the home stretch, good luck!  Hand me downs are the best.  I didn't have to buy DD anything for the fall/winter this year.  

Beagles, Have fun putting the nursery together!

AFM, I had the worst pains the last 24 hours.  It felt like gas pains though I never felt it so strong and so constant for such a period of time before.  I feel fine today thankfully though I am a little worried that something is wrong.  Hoping it really was just gas pains and not a problem.  I go to the doctor again next Wednesday and looking forward to it as it will be the first time we get to hear the hearbeat with this pregnancy.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

So relieved, heard the heartbeat for the first time today. We also received good results from the genetic testing so a good day all around.  Now we can plan to tell our families!  We have been cautious this time around.  We haven't told DD about the baby yet, figure it is so long for her to wait though she keeps telling everyone she has a baby sister.  She is going to be disappointed as we also found out today it's a boy!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Congrats, Wed!!!  Great news!

I don't remember how old your DD is... we got pregnant with #2 right around my daughter's second birthday.  We didn't tell her at first because it seemed like so long to wait, but then we ended up telling her sooner than we had planned because people kept talking directly to her about it and she was getting really confused!  We didn't tell many people until after 18 weeks because there had been some abnormalities at the 12 week u/s, but once it was out among our friends and her daycare teachers, we definitely had to address it with her.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Congrats Wed! That's great news. Had my shower this past weekend which was a lot of fun. I have a lot of laundry to do with all the new clothes we got in addition to the crib sheets. Several people also gave us diapers-all different sizes from NB (that their kids outgrew) to size 3. So we should be good for at least a week or so with NBs and who knows how long she'll even be in that size. But I have some to start which is always good. I also saw the crib mattress I wanted dropped in price around 50% so picked that up along with a second carseat base this weekend.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

Hi ladies!

35 weeks here - in the home stretch! We just had the baby shower, which was so much fun, people are just so generous. The nursery is set up, the stroller is together, and we just need to figure out how to install the car seat and base......:(. 

Now, we are just waiting! I am feeling great, no complaints, and no complications! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Northern and Beagles, congrats your baby showers.  I loved going through all the clothes and things after mine.  Make sure you don't wash everything until you figure out what you really need.  You may want to exchange some things for different sizes.  We got so many more clothes as gifts after the baby was born.  

Medford, DD is 2.9 and we ended up telling her this weekend.  I was going to wait though DH told her and she is so excited.  She doesn't believe us that the baby is in my belly though.  I am sure it will be more real to her once I am showing more.