February-Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Re: February-Pregnancy

Thanks for the reassurance, Hugh! My doc called yesterday and said she consulted with others and they wanted to induce. I went for a dose of Misoprostol last night and am supposed to go back tonight, then come in for induction tomorrow. I'm having fairly regular contractions, though, so still holding out a little hope that LO and I will do this on our own!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ooooh, how exciting, Arcain!!!  Best wishes and prayers for you and your LO.  Hope you won't need any more "help."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hughkona. Show hughkona's posts

Arcain! Great news! At least you know what to expect, how exciting.  So Feb 20 or 21 you should have a little birthday to celebrate!  Congrats and come update us again when you can! :) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Good luck Acrain!!! :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Acrain!  What exciting news!  Please update us when your feeling up to it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

How is everyone doing? There has been such exciting news around here recently!

Arcain - I hope everything went well and you have a beautiful baby in your arms by now!

Pugs - what an amazing experience to share with your sister. I hope her pregnancy is healthy and uneventful.

Luv- how did your ERA go?

AFM, had the dating u/s on Saturday and it turns out I was right about the conception date! So since it was a week off from LMP and matched what I thought, my due date was adjusted to 9/13 and I'm about 10.5 weeks now. I was SOOO relieved to actually see something in there and the fast little heartbeat. So amazing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

See, Cici, isn't the most amazing AND relieving moment, ever!!

DH and I went to Buy Buy Baby yesterday and wow, that place is amazing. So much nicer than BRU. They take BBB gift cards and we had one lying around from our wedding so we bought the Chicco Caddy Snap n Go and the Uppa Baby G-Luxe stroller, and we got both for free, which was really nice!!

We also saw a crib and dresser we love there. It is called the Torino 4 in 1 crib and it seemed very sturdy and nicely made. Though, I can not find reviews of it anywhere!! We are going to look at Jordan's and if we don't find something there we will just get the set at BBB. What I liked about it was that the dresser was big enough to last the baby basically until the teen years, and we would also use it as a changing station.

Friday can not come soon enough!

How is everyone else feeling?! Acrain, I hope all went well this weekend! :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Liz- BBB really is great, huh? Not sure if you've done registries yet, but I recommend them. You can have a "personal shopper" help you through each section of the store and explain all your options, etc.

To any of you ladies with heart conditions- as far as premedicating before dental appointments- have you gone to the dentist while PG? Does the medication deal change at all? Only asking because my dentist appt for today was rescheduled by the actual dentist as they'd prefer me to ask my OB again for their thoughts on what I should do. I already asked at one appt and the OB I saw said it was fine, but now I think the dosage is the question (2g of amoxicillin before the appt and that's it). I hate the dentist to begin with, it causes me such anxiety and now this just adds to it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Summer, so funny you mention dentist appts. I have a heart defect (although completely corrected) and I take amoxicillon (sp??). My OB said it is perfectly safe to take during pregnancy. I really need to get to the dentist. Apparently, not going during pregnancy can cause some side effects that aren't pleasant, such as gingivitis and even pre-term labor (I only read that somewhere).

And like you, I can't stand going to the dentist. It totally grosses me out. Sometimes I refuse polishing because it makes me heave!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Liz - that's great that you had a successful shopping trip! How funny that you used your wedding gift to buy baby items. Good luck with making the final decision on the crib.

Do you have to go to the dentist more than every 6 months when you're pregnant? I just had a cleaning in December but am worried about waiting until June considering that I vomit about half the time when I brush my teeth. I asked the dentist's office what I should do and they were not at all helpful.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hughkona. Show hughkona's posts

Re: dentist.
    I don't think you can go more than every 6 months for routine care or it will not be covered by your insurance.  There shouldn't be any reason to go more during pregnancy.  They say that because your gums get more blood supply and all that (along with your whole body) you may have some bleeding during brushing/flossing.  If you slack on brushing during pregnancy you can get gingivitis (swelling of the gingiva) faster than you normally would, so its good to try to keep on track.  Its ok to get fillings done and whatnot, but they will likely try to hold off on any xrays or non-essentials until afterwards.  Its important to keep up with your regular dental care during pregnancy.  Try not to schedule anything your last month- it can be difficult to lay back in a chair with the weight of the baby on your lungs! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

My health insurance covered 3, as opposed to 2 cleanings, when pg.  You should get 1 extra appt when pg - oral health and gum health is very important particularly when pg.  You may want to schedule your extra appt for before the third tri for comfort reasons.  If you get the extra appt, take advantage of it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

In Response to Re: February-Pregnancy:
    Liz - that's great that you had a successful shopping trip! How funny that you used your wedding gift to buy baby items. Good luck with making the final decision on the crib. Do you have to go to the dentist more than every 6 months when you're pregnant? I just had a cleaning in December but am worried about waiting until June considering that I vomit about half the time when I brush my teeth. I asked the dentist's office what I should do and they were not at all helpful.
    Posted by cicirose

No need to go more than you normally do. I just meant that there is no reason not to go when pregnant. Like, I should talk, I haven't been in over a year :-/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

You don't need to go more frequently.  Double-check about the dosage being ok.  My high risk OB and cardiologist urged me to get my teeth cleaned when I said I hadn't been in 8 months.  I haven't gone yet, but I will.  DO NOT get ANY x-rays!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

I have no clue about the medical importance of going to the dentist more frequently when pregnant, but like ALF mentioned, my insurance covered more frequent cleanings when I was pregnant (every 3 months).
    If you're like me and going to the dentist is a simple affair, I would take them up on this coverage if you have it.  An extra dentist visit was a bonus, in my mind.  (Please note I don't know/understand anything that people have mentioned about medications and the dentist visits; I just mean if you have an uncomplicated cleaning.)
    I had my last pregnancy cleaning on my due date and I made the hygienist nervous that I was going to give birth in their office!  A switch, since often it's the dentist who makes people nervous.  :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Liz - too funny you were at BBB on Sunday, DH and I were there as well.  We ended up registering there on Sunday.  It was fun but very overwhelming. I actually ended up taking an hour nap when we got home, that trip wiped me out.

Cici - congrats on the great ultrasound, seeing that little heartbeat on the screen was one of the best feelings.

Arcain - hope you snuggling with you LO right now.  Can't wait to hear your birth story.

Hug - you're up next, right?

AFM - 24 weeks and I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable.  The big belly is getting in the way of getting some quality sleep.  Can't believe I have another 16 weeks of this!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Good luck Arcain!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Haha, Liz and clc, I was at BBB on Sunday too! I went with my mom to do some shower-related returns and gap-filling.

Cici, that's such great news! I'm happy for you. Such a relief to see that heartbeat.

Arcain, I hope everything went well and can't wait to hear the story!

About dental work, I had a cleaning in December and the dentist told me I had a small filling that wouldn't require novocaine and to come back in January. I did, and he reevaluated and decided that I might need novocaine, but he doesn't like giving it to pregnant women so he wanted me to wait 'til after the baby's born. I guess it's an individual decision, since I think I've heard mixed things about novocaine in pregnancy, but since the cavity is really minor, I decided to play it safe.

33 weeks today and really starting to feel big! I'm definitely tiring more easily and getting stiff/sore after a lot of activity. And just recently started having to pee more often - I've been waking up once during the night, which I know is nothing to complain about!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

I ended up having to get an extra cleaning while pg (every 3 months) because I had one of the "pregnancy tumors" that can appear.  I had to pay out of pocket, but it was worth it.  It was basically a spot between two of my molars that bled constantly duing brushing, flossing, etc.  Because of the bleeding it was kind of difficult to make sure I was really brushing/flossing well in that area, so the extra cleaning helped keep that area healthy and after a cleaning it would bleed a little less than usual.  I was so happy when it went back to normal about 2 weeks after I gave birth.  It looked like someone had been murdered in our bathroom every time I brushed my teeth.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Sending good thoughts Arcain's way...I had my DD at 38 weeks and she was 5 lbs 7 oz, but is now 16 months and a solid ball of energy...a little on the smaller side, but she's working her own growth chart and doing great.  Can't wait to hear about his arrival!!

AFM, had my ERA ultrasound on Friday...the measurements were all well within the "normal" range...still waiting for the official results, with bloodwork and all of that...but it was so nice to see that little bean jumping around in there!  He/she was super active.  Can't wait for the next one at 18 weeks! 

Question: did anyone else find that their veins were really tough to draw blood from while PG?  Mine are a little tough to begin with, but I always go to the same guy and he gets me with a single attempt.  Both times I've had it drawn this time - from the same guy I've always gone to without a problem - it's taken an attempt at each arm!  Ouch! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Very interesting, bostongrl.  Did the "tumor" feel like a huge lump on your gums or anything?  I had one spot that bled a lot when I was pregnant and for a bit after, but has since stopped.  I mentioned it to the dentist, but she didn't seem to think anything of it.

Luv - My veins seemed more tricky too!  I ended up with some wonderful bruises from failed attempts.  I think I was more afraid of the IV in my hand than I was of the epidural!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Wow, bostongrl, that sounds awful. I thought my dental issues were bad. Glad to hear it went away on its own.

Luv - good news on the ultrasound! I hope your bloodwork results come back soon so you can relax a bit. 

Thanks for the tip on some insurance covering an extra cleaning during pregnancy. I'll definitely look into it and probably try to get one even if it's not covered.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Fram... it looked and felt like the little triangle of gum between the teeth was swollen.  It wasn't like a raised bump, just a "puffiness".  My dentist recognized it right away when I called and asked to be seen becuase of the excessive bleeding.  It is normal for gums to bleed during pregnancy just because of th extra blood flow, but if you have one spot that is a bit more swollen and bleeds profusely when brushed it could be the "pregnancy tumor".  It was kind of interesting that the "what to expect" app on my phone had said something about these benign tumors but I didn't realize that was what it was until the dentist told me.  I would have never classified a swollen gum as a tumor ... but oh well.  It went away and all is good now. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Liz, I think I saw you at a lunch establishment yesterday. I don't know if you remember me; we met like three years ago when the wedding board ladies decided to meet for dinner. Anyway, if someone was absently staring at you, that was probably me, trying to figure out if I knew you. Apologies for the creepiness there. You look great, btw, you have the pregnant lady glow!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

What are everyone's opinions on 3D/4D ultrasounds? I just booked ours today, and something my mom said is making me question whether to actually do it...that we will basically see what she looks like and won't be surprised when she's born. Plus it's fairly expensive, and it will stink if we don't get good views at that visit.

DH and I moreso want to do it for the 4D aspect, to see her antics and what she's up to in the womb :)

Have any of you done one? Loved it, regretted it, etc? Anyone else considering it?

Sections
Shortcuts