February-Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Re: February-Pregnancy

Congrats on your baby boy Arcain!  that was a great birth story.  Hopefully the bfeeding gets easier for you. I found bfeeding very difficult (my LO had latch issues so I've been exclusively pumping and supplementing with formula the past few weeks) but friends and the LCs I worked with had some great ideas and offered a lot of support. Someone else may have mentioned this but Newton Wellesley has a support group for bfeeding moms that meets weekly. Best of luck with it!

good luck hugh, sounds like you are very close!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I had my first noticeable BH contraction this morning.  Such a weird sensation but luckily no pain. It made me realize how close I really am to giving birth even though June 7th feels like years away!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Pugs, have you felt any movement yet? I am going to be 19 weeks on Friday and still nothing. I know it is still a little early, but I am jealous of people who can feel their bean! I often think, what if something is wrong??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Liz - I still havent felt anything and 20 weeks today!!!  Halfway there.  I had a doctors apptiontment this morning and got to hear the heart the beat which is reassuring.  The doctor said I should feel something in the 1-2 weeks.  I am not complaining but I have had such an easy pregancy so far that it still doesnt feel real!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Liz - my first pregnancy I didn't feel anything until 20-22 weeks.  At first, the movement was so slight, I barely realized it was the baby.  It felt like tiny little bubbles popping and would only have one or two "pops" and then nothing for hours.  So very easy to miss, especially if you are having a busy day.  It's more noticible when you are laying down and relaxing.  I would not worry at all if you don't feel anything until at least 24 weeks. Plus, you have an anterior placenta, right? THat will make it even more challenging to feel the baby. It's so hard not to worry that everything is going well, you just have to trust in your body that it knows what to do to keep your baby healthy and thriving until it is born - and then it is all up to you!! Ha ha.

Good luck, Hugh!  Exciting it could happen at any point!  Enjoy your last few nights at home doing fun things for you - watch a movie, sit down to a relaxing dinner with your DH, talk on the phone with a girlfriend etc.

I'm freaking out because I still haven't told my work I'm expecting.  I am showing a little but it's been easy to cover it up because I usually wear a jacket or blazer to work, and I have two pairs of nice work pants that still fit (because I bought them in a size up from normal).  My boss is a man and oblivious (i hope!) to me gaining a few lbs.  But it's getting to the point where i will have to share my news soon - I"m almost 17 weeks and my maternity pants are calling my name.  It is tough because I work in a male-dominated office and I know they will loook at me differently even though I don't expect to slow down at work anytime soon.  THe last time I was pg, I was workign somewhere else and my direct supervisor was a woman with young kids - so much easier to have this conversation.  Any pep talk would be appreciated!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, I don't have first hand experience, but I worked for a software company and had a lot of friends who were pregnant at various times over the 8 years I was there (I was 30 - 38 at the time so someone I was friends with was pregnant pretty much the whole time).  We had male bosses.  The women I know never complained of being treated differently (and they complained about other things like we all do, lol) and I never noticed that they seemed to be getting different treatment, either.  Work kept on pluggin' along for them like nothing changed, at least from my perspective.  Hopefully, you'll have the same experience - you'll get a big congrats and that will be that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Thanks, Kar, that's my hope.  My first PG that's exactly what happened.  This time, however, I'm working in a very small office - only 5 other employees - and everyone really relies on eachother to get things done.  I worked up until the day before I had the baby for the last pregnancy and that will be my intention this time as well (finger's crossed of course). But, unfortunately, I know that during my maternity leave the other people will have to pick up my slack and that's what they will be focusing on.  It also doesn't help that a former employee (who worked here before I started) had a baby, used all of her vacation days during her last trimester, took maternity leave and never came back to work. I know that experience colors the company's perception of pregnant co-workers as well.  Ugh!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Rama, you're already ahead of that former colleague...almost halfway through and they haven't even noticed!  I would tell soon though...especially in a small office, you want to make sure that your maternity leave and back to work plans are in place long before they're needed, so that people are ready to step in.  I work in a small place too (7 of us), and I told last week (13 weeks), mostly because I know there were projects we'd talked about me taking on this summer and fall that I won't be able too.  Didn't want people to count on my for something, only to have the rug pulled out on them! 

If it makes you feel more confident, write up your initial proposal for a ML and return to work plan to bring with you when you tell...would show your boss that you're being really thoughtful about it, and that you take your job very seriously.

I was super nervous to tell this time, but it went great!!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Rama - good luck! I really hope everything goes smoothly and they are supportive of you. I don't have any advice whatsoever, but I am also completely nervous about telling too because we do not have a very supportive environment despite the fact that the majority of my co-workers are married females of child-bearing years. Please let us know how it goes!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

rama, I hope their appreciation of you overshawdows any resentment they could have over the temporary shift in workload and responsibilities.  It should.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Thanks for all the support! I told my boss and it went better than expected.  He was very nice and said all of the appropriate things, and even assured me that my job would be waiting for me when I returned from my 3 months off, phew! (Technically, I'm not full-time and my office has fewer than 8 employees so I'm not eligible for most maternity leave federal/state protectiosn, but they will give me the three months off as they have others in the past). 

Now to tell the co-workers..... :)

Wish I could go home and have a glass of wine tonight!