February Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoffeeQueen. Show CoffeeQueen's posts

February Updates

Hi everyone! I have exciting news to share so I thought I would start this months update thread.

We had our 18 week u/s this morning and we found out that we're having a boy (I'm actually 19 weeks today)! Both my fiance and I are over the moon and relieved that LO growing and healthy. It's such a relief to hear (and see) that baby is doing great and knowing that we'll have a son is just icing on the cake. We would have been happy with either a boy or girl!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Re: February Updates

Congrats CoffeeQueen!  It's so exciting when you finally find out--whether at an ultrasound or at the birth!  I found out ahead of time too and I really feel like it helped with bonding and being able to imagine what it would be like when they were born.  If the first ultrasound makes it "real," finding out the sex makes it "really real" in my experience.  Good luck to you and keep us posted on your little man's progress!  Have you felt him moving yet?  (When that happens, it's "really really real" ;)  )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Hi Coffee!  Congrats on finding out you'll soon have a son!!  Isn't the full scan so cool?  DH and I just loved it.  We opted not to find out the gender of our baby though.  Honestly, I think DH is a bit disappointed now that we didn't (even though it was his idea not to!!).  It's kind of fun having people guess by how you carry though :)

AFM, just status quo right now.  I have my GTT, bloodwork and rhogam shot (I'm RH negative) next week, so looking forward to all that - not!  :)  I've gotten some heartburn and sciatica pains too recently, but it's all for a good cause.  I can hardly believe next week I'll be in my 3rd trimester!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Coffee - congrats on team blue! We're having the sex be a surprise so I'm just dying to find out at this point. We don't care either way, but curiosity is festering...

Trouble - good luck on all your stuff next week. Don't forget - I thought the GTT was easy. They gave it to me cold and I drank it down in a few gulps - tasted like flat cola. Have you been taking antacids for the heartburn? I got that in the first trimester, but haven't since. 3rd trimester - woo hoo!

How's eoe out there?

AFM, 4 weeks and 2 days to go! We got the car seat installed/inspected today. Picked up some starter diapers/wipes and other supplies this past weekend. Packing the hospital bag this weekend. Making progress!Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blushingbride1. Show blushingbride1's posts

Sending out a shout out to lesal and OCC!  Been thinking of you both the past few days and hope you're both doing well with your LO's!  :-) 

Lesal-  How are things going?  Are you falling into a routine?

OCC-  How is your son doing?  I hope he is doing well.

I'm sure you're both very busy, but please give an update if you have time!

Rhm-  I left you a message on the other board, but I'll leave one on here for you too!  I can't believe you only have 4 weeks to go, that has gone so fast!  Your LO will be here before you know it!  :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

occ - if you're reading, please check your messages on here. Left you one...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from blushingbride1. Show blushingbride1's posts

Hi Rhm-  I got your message and sent you an email...  You can update the message you left me now if you want!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Question for you ladies (I also posted this on Infants/Toddlers)...we're planning on sending birth announcements once the baby is born since we've got a good amount of out of state family and friends. Anyone have any suggestions where to find cute, inexpensive ones? I've seen some on the BRU website, but wanted to check around. TIA!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

For the birth annoucements...try snapfish, upload your favorite pic and they are cheap not to mention you can pick them up at your local walgreens!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

Hey Girls I thought I would check in quickly thanks Blush and rhm for the messages.  Blush I am so happy to hear you are on the TTC trail again I will be looking forward to a BFP.  Rhm - you are getting close and I want to wish you luck!  I wish I could offer some advice but having had the csection doesn't help.  I will be checking in to hear your story.

My guy is still in the hospital. He has some feeding issues that they are trying to work out and he will most likely have to come home on a Gtube. It turns out he does have the rare genetic syndrome.  It was difficult and we are having good and bad days but he is our son and we are dealing with it.  The hardest part is that there is a wide variety of how the kids are affected from mild to severe so not knowing has been the most difficult part only time will tell. 

I want to wish all the pregnant ladies good luck!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BE2Be. Show BE2Be's posts

OCC, I've been thinking about you and your little man and I'm so glad that you checked in.  Sounds like he is putting up a great fight and you have a wonderful attitude about the whole thing.  I will continue to send warm thoughts and prayers your way. 

AFM, I'm 37 wks pregnant, hanging in there, despite sore joints, swelling in my ankles and waking up every two hours to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  We washed some baby clothes over the weekend, and we are going to install the carseats this week (waiting for the cop to call us back to schedule an appointment).  I still need to pack a hospital bag.  Anyone have any tips/thoughts on what to pack?  I tend to be an overpacker and really don't want to bring more than what I will need. 

how's eoe doing?  RHM - you are getting close too, right?

Congrats to all the newly PG ladies!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

BE - we are very close - 36 weeks 3 days today. Just came back from my week 36 DA. Had the first Non-stress test - took longer than the 20 minutes they usually expect since lo had the hiccups (which they do several times a day usually). That part was fine. Had the Strep B test done. First internal - OB said I am 1-2cm dilated and 50% effaced so she thinks I will not go into labor this week, but I could be a little before my due date rather than after. We washed some baby clothes this weekend, got our car seat installed last week and are working on the hospital bag. Gotta go for now - these DA's take forever and now I have to catch up on work!

big hellos to eoe, especially occ! Been thinking of you!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

occ--thanks for the update. Just want you to know that your LO and your whole family are often in my thoughts. You have lots of people pulling for you and DS!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Hi everybody!

I recently got my first BFP and am 5 weeks tomorrow.  Excited, but cautiously so!

My current ob/gyn is out of NWH but also works with Women's Health Associates in Wellesley on Route 9.  I was wondering if anyone has gone there and, if so, what your opinions are?

Also, a loooong time ago I had a procedure done (same ob/gyn) at a place called About Women, By Women, also on Rte 9 in Wellesley.  I am wondering if it's the same place, just moved down the road and changed names?  I had a BAD experience with them and if it's the same place just under a new name I'm going to be a bit worried, even though I love my Dr.  I suppose I could call and ask them. :)  But you are all so full of wonderful advice I thought I'd ask you first!

Lots to think about!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BE2Be. Show BE2Be's posts

RHM - I had my first internal and GBS test done at my 36 wk appointment last week and the doctor said I was not dilated or at all effaced...so your little one will probably come before mine!  Hope you are holding up ok!  These next few weeks are going to DRAG!!

Poppy - I don't know the answer to your question but I go to a practice at NWH called Newton Wellesley OB/GYN and at 37 wks pregnant, I have had a fabulous experience with them (if you end up wanting to change docs but stay with NWH).  Smart of you to check up on your doctor's office now because it's good to be comfortable with all the doctors in the practice because its possible/likely that another doc will be the one to deliver you. Congrats on the BFP!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Poppy - I believe they are different. About Women by Women is a female only practice (or it was the last I heard).  There are male docs at Women's Health Associates.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Hi All!  Happy to hear everyone is doing well!

OCC: Glad you checked in.  Good luck to you and your family and keep up the positive attitude.  Your son continues to be in my thoughts.

RHM: Good to hear all your updates!  Isn't that exciting to be dialating already?  Also happy to hear your non-stress test went well :)

BE: Good luck to you too in your final weeks.  Can't wait to hear the birth story!

Poppy: Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome!  I go to WHA (many others on here do to).  I just love it there.  I was originally seeing Dr. Richer, who I loved, but recently switched to the midwives as I am seeking natural childbirth.  I think it's such a great practice.  I doubt you'll be disappointed.

AFM: Had my GTT, etc. today so fingers crossed all the results come back fine.  RHM, you were totally right - the whole thing wasn't bad at all.  I actually liked the orange drink!  Everything is continuing to go smoothly for me.  I had a bit of acid reflux last week, so I'm trying to stay away from acidic foods, and I've had some more lower back/sciatic pain, but I think it's stuff you'd come to expect with pregnancy.  I also had a good friend who lives far away come and visit this weekend, and she convinced me to let her throw me a baby shower.  I'm thrilled to have one!  That's something less anxiety provoking to look foward to - vs. the baby's arrival in 12 weeks!  Surprised  XOXO

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Greetings from the hospital!

I'm giving our birth center a test run I guess. I finally could not take the morning sickness any more and called my doctor. She had me come in to her office and they put me right in the hospital to rehydrate, get on an anti-nausea medication and get my keytones and potassium levels up.

So the lesson here is, if you are really not feeling well, let your doctor know. Everyone kept telling me the morning sickness was normal so I didn't do anything but suffer and lose 15 lbs by not being able to keep food down for 6 weeks. Not good.

My little bean is fine, has a great strong heart beat and has settled in a nice spot for the duration (I'm 12 weeks) and is growing well.

I'm sure I'll have questions once I know what medication they will put me on, for now whatever they are giving me is giving me a headache, but it sure is nice to not be vomiting!

If you are sick, especially if you've lost more than 5 lbs. tell your doctor.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

ml--sorry to hear that you're in the hospital, but it's good that you're feeling a bit better. I just wanted to let you know that I struggled with m/s as well. I lost 5 lbs (weighing only 105 to begin with) in about a week, so my OB put me on Zofran. It was a life-saver for me, especially as I am a teacher and couldn't just run out of class or sit/lie down if I wasn't well. I ended up taking the Zofran until about 17-18 weeks. Luckily, the m/s did ease up in the 2nd trimester and did not return again during the rest of my pregnancy.

If you are on Zofran, I didn't get the headaches, but I did have very bad constipation while on the meds. It sure beat the m/s, though.

Good luck. I hope this is the beginning of your feeling much better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Thanks Kiwi, that's good to know.

Just after I posted, I had a reaction to the Zofran, it felt like what I imagine an asthma attack would feel like. Both the doctors and nurses have never seen that before, but it is possible. So now, they are trying Zantac (sp?) for the acid.

Oh, the things we learn about ourselves when we are pregnant!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

hi occ, thanks for checking in.  I've been thinking about you and will continue to keep your family in my prayers.  I hope you can bring DS home soon.  I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis.  I can't imagine how hard this is for you and DH.  just take it one day at a time.  keep us posted when you have time.

blushing - thanks for checking in, I posted an update in the moms check in the other day.  things are going well, it's hard but wonderful.  I am thrilled to hear you are starting ttc again and can't wait to hear good news!

I can't remember who asked, but About Women is a separate practice entirely from WHA.  I used to go to AWBW for years and was not happy there.  I switched to WHA and am very happy with the practice (I go to the midwives but have also heard good things about the DRs)

good luck to everyone!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Thanks everyone! 

Lesal - I'm sorry you had a bad experience with AWBW also.  I just found them incompetent and am relieved that it's a different practice.  I was wondering if maybe they started getting a bad rep so moved a few feet down the road and changed their name! 

My dr. is Dr. McCrary - for some reason he does not appear on the list of docs there, not sure why...

I didn't realize it was and either/or situation with midwives vs. doctors.  I'm planning to go in for one of the informational meetings the midwives hold once I'm a little further along.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Wow Trouble - only 12 weeks to go?!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

G'morning! Will try to post more later when I have time, but I keep getting in after 10:30 from these DA/NST's. OB was out today so I met with the NP - she said I am about 3cm dilated and 60% effaced (last week was 1-2 and 50%) and she thinks my "station" is 0. I told her I wasn't really feeling any major contractions and I would think these figures would mean I'm in active labor. She said some women can be at 3cm for a couple of weeks and not know it. Again, they think I will go on or before the due date. Also tested negative for Strep B. NST was fine again once we figured out that the baby moves around more when I'm on my side (they were close to sending me to u/s because they baby wouldn't move around enough when I'm on my back).Smile

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Wow, RHM!  That's so exciting!  I would think you're in active labor too or at least close.  I remember one of the CNMs told me that they usually have you come to the hospital at 4cm.  When is your due date again?  Soooo exciting!  Are you nervous?  Best of luck and keep us posted!!

This board has been so quiet :(  Nothing really new for me except we start our natural childbirth class at NWH tonight!  :)