February Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Re: February Updates

My OB is very clear that a pg mom should NOT take sudafed if there's a worry about high blood pressure.

As for meds, if it is a sinus infection, antibiotics should be fine. Plenty of moms need to take antibiotics (either if they test positive for Strep B before birth or to tackle a case of mastitis after birth) and I've never seen any warnings about antibiotics affecting supply.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thank you everyone for allowing me to turn this into the Fram Show.  I really appreciate all of your advice and support.  Turns out there is no sinus infection - phew! - but at least the doctor gave some good suggestions for steaming it out and whatnot. 
    This has been a huge reality check that baby could be here any day!!

Trouble - That would be nice to go every 6 weeks.  As exciting as it is to hear the heartbeat, it is a bit much sometimes.  I almost didn't go yesterday because my NP was sick and I thought, "What's the point?  I have another one next week anyway."  And I agree that it's so frustrating getting conflicting information and opinions!  Good luck with your VBAC decision!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Fram - sorry about the high bp.  I had it at the end of my pregnancy too which is why they ended up inducing, although I was semi induced b/c the stuff they put on the cervix was enough to send me into labor and I didn't have pitocin.  I hope you feel better with the stuffiness- nothing like being sick and not being able to take anything!  Have you been comfortable taking tylenol?  When I was sick recently (it did end up being a sinus infection) tylenol did help with the pain/pressure. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Fram, I hope you are feeling better!  

I just got back from my dr. appt, I love getting to hear the heartbeat!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from summagrl. Show summagrl's posts

I haven't had time to catch up on what's going on with everyone (sorry) but I have a really weird question to ask.... Did anyone have the suspicion that they were having twins in the beginning? DH and I don't come from families with a history of multiples but I just have this gut feeling. Did this happen to anyone else?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

I've been thinking it's time to come out of the pg closet. I am currently nine weeks along with baby #2. DS is about 16.5 months right now. My EDD is a week before DS' second birthday (and two days after DH's birthday). Lord help us. :) I had my first OB appointment yesterday and we got to see the LO's heartbeat, a nice 170 bpm. Just passing time until our ERA in about 3 weeks. I have been having AWFUL morning sickness (I was bad with DS, but this is so much worse), so I am praying for a quick end to that. I know I am not the only one around here to have it (twin, you're pretty poorly off, too, aren't you?). Last time I got some relief around 14 weeks. Fingers crossed.

Anyway, it's nice to see lots of new BFPs and a number of soon-to-be graduates. Looking forward to sharing the next few months with you!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Congrats Kiwi!!!  Sorry to hear about the morning sickness though; I hope you get some relief soon.  And that may not be a bad thing with all those birthdays falling right around the same time...you can throw one big party for everyone instead of three!  Wink

Wed, the heartbeat never gets old...I heard my baby's the other day at 39 weeks and it was just as great as the first time.  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Congratulations Kiwi! 

I had wicked m/sickness, but it just seemed to stop one day around 15 weeks and the last five weeks or so have been great... fingers crossed it isn't long lasting for you.

I love hearing the heartbeat - I still get teary every time!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Yay!  Congrats Kiwi!!!!!  :) 
    And hopefully your MS will go away soon!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Congrats on #2 Kiwi.  Hopefully you're more than 1/2 way through the MS stage and you'll feel better soon!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

For anyone looking for a BOB stroller, REI has some really great deals on them right now

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congrats Kiwi!!

Prill - Are you really 20 weeks already??  It's funny how everyone else's pregnancy goes by quickly :o)

Summa - Definitely didn't have that suspicion!  Is there anything in particular that makes you wonder?  DH's father has an identical twin, but supposedly only fraternal twins are passed down, so I wasn't worried after a little research on webMD.

Soooooo today I went to the doctor for a follow-up appointment.  Ended up doing another exam, non stress test, and ultrasound.  The baby didn't cooperate/move for the ultrasound (and I think the fluid was slightly low) so they told me to go home and get my bag (just in case) and then go to the hospital.  She had been moving plenty while I sat for the NST, so I wasn't concerned.

At the hospital they re-did the NST and u/s and took some blood... And told me to come back on Sunday to do it all over again!!  I suspect they are being reeeally overly cautious.  My BP is not very high, but apparently anything higher than your norm is cause for concern at 39 weeks pregnant.  I'm still less than 1 cm dilated.  Otherwise, it sounds like they'd set a date to induce.

Bed rest would be really nice and relaxing if I hadn't been to the doctor every day so far LOL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

In Response to Re: February Updates:
    Congrats Jan! So glad your son is healthy and you're home! I was wondering how you were doing!  Fram and Pugs, it is so exciting you are so close to the end. It is very surreal to me that I will be giving birth to another HUMAN BEING in 9 weeks.  I know I don't know you ladies, but feel like we all have this pg lady connection. I've been reading about your journey (wedding journey too!) since before I was pg and was so excited for you. Can't believe how time has flown. Just think you'll be posting your labor story soon.  :)   Ok I'm going to stop typing now otherwise my hormones will get the best of me..
    Posted by ajuly09

Totally forgot to reply to this!!  It has been a blast going through wedding planning, TTC, and pregnancy together.  And I look forward to sharing more stories once all of our little ones are here.  If only the sidewalks around the lake were wider, we could all go for a walk soon with the strollers in tow!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Congrats Kiwi!  

Fram, you have had a tough week!  

I finally bought the crib and dresser today, now I am motiviated to clean out the room and start putting it together for the baby!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Congrats Kiwi!   Good luck tomorrow, Fram!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maple76. Show Maple76's posts

Congrats to all the recent BFPs and heartbeats!

Fram - thinking of you today! Good luck... and try to get some rest while on bed rest.

Pugs - hope you are feeling well too.  You are both so close!

I still have a couple more weeks (just made it to 37), but DH is convinced it is going to happen in the next day or two... given the GD and the preterm labor scare a couple of weeks ago, he may be right!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Maple - Are they going to induce or do you think you'll go into labor soon?  Either way, good luck and keep us posted!

Went back to the hospital today to re-test again: bloodwork, urine, NST, and u/s.  Everything looks fine.  A couple of BP readings were high, but nothing else concerning.  I have a regularly scheduled appointment with my OB on Tuesday.

I'm feeling down in the dumps because 1) Two NPs had told me I was 70% effaced, but the OB who examed me today said I'm not much effaced at all.  Who nows who is right! and 2) My NP had pointed out that this time off wouldn't count towards FMLA because FMLA is for caring for a family member... But I just opened up my employer's handy leave of absence guide and it says FMLA is also for your own serious illness.  I don't care if the time off is unpaid or what, I just don't want to waste time I could be spending with baby!!  Must call HR on Tuesday and get this figured out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Fram sorry to hear you keep going back and forth to the hospital - hopefully something happens soon so one of the trips is really worth it. :-)

Maple, good luck!

Had my shower today, it was really a lot of fun. We had it at my house, which was GREAT b/c I could wear my slippers all day and we didn't have to load a car up with any gifts. It was small and comfortable - just perfect. We had a ton of food and thankfully my friends are good eaters, we don't even really have any leftovers! And of course everyone was so generous and this baby is very lucky!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maple76. Show Maple76's posts

Fram, I just got done with 2 weeks of bed rest because of a pre-term labor scare and my employer started the FMLA clock. Worrying about using up my leave was the most stressful part of being on bed rest. Thankfully, I managed to use some time to work from home. After 2 weeks, I returned to work because I was "close enough" and our goal was full term (37 weeks). No one thought I'd make it past 34.

Some companies will let you use disability or sick time before the FMLA clock starts... others won't. Good luck negotiating with HR!

I'm not planning on being induced and hope to avoid it, just have a feeling that we'll go early. I've been 75% effaced and slightly dilated for several weeks. The BH are constant and very regular. Due to the gestational diabetes, our LO is measuring quite large. She has been in position for weeks and can't drop much lower without making an appearance :) There are a couple other signs as well... of course, this is all so unpredictable, so we'll see.

We took a breastfeeding class at Isis this weekend. It was very helpful and  was glad DH came with me. He took notes and I'm counting on him for help!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Happy Monday, everyone.

Fram/Pugs, hope you're doing well and that good things happen this week!

Question for you ladies: I'm 33 weeks, and the last few days I have developed what I think is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in my right hand. I have read that this can happen, but honestly I always thought CTS was all baloney  until now...I cannot sleep at night b/c my hand goes completely numb no matter where I put it - and I 'm sleeping on my left side, not my right (I can't even enterain sleeping on my right side anymore b/c of this...). Last night I got up several times to see if my  hand was actually blue b/c it was so cold and numb, not to mention it is painful. My mom and I are going to the drug store tonight to look for some kind of splint - she think they sell special ones for CTS so I'm hoping that will help. I have a doctor's appt on thursday and of course this will be the first thing I ask about.

I don't remember hearing anyone in the last year or so talk about this, but I'm hoping someone has some insight to share? :-/

As if that weren't bad enough, I must have sprained my left wrist a few weeks ago b/c that also KILLS. I am a total mess!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Happy due date, Fram!  I know I'm still pregnant; how are things with you?  :)  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so I'm hoping after that we'll have some idea of what's going to happen.  Last week the doctor seemed to indicate that we'd do an induction early next week if nothing happened, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be delayed any more than that.

I did get my baby fix this weekend though...my friend that was due yesterday had her baby boy on Friday.  He's the cutest, sweetest little guy!  And holding him just makes me even more ready to meet my baby!

Silver, I don't really have any advice or insight for you, but I can tell you that I've woken up with numb hands quite often in the last month or two, even when I'm not sleeping on that side.  Very weird!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Silver, my dearest friend had that her last month of pg.  She found it very annoying, but it went away immediately after she gave birth.  Hang in there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from keane5050. Show keane5050's posts

I am only a lurker here since my daughter just turned 16 (YIKES!!) but I remember well suffering with Carpel Tunnel Syndrome.  My doctor said it was due to the excess volume of fluid during pregnancy.  I had it for several months and the wore the splints as much as possible.  They definitely helped.  As Kar said, it went away immediately after delivery.

Best wishes to you all as you enter this part of your lives.  It won't feel like it when you've been up with a cranky baby for three nights straight but you will look back on this time with such warm feelings.  Try to take time to really cherish your little ones while they are so small.  It's all been said before (and much more eloquently) but they grow and change so quickly.  You'll be amazed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

silver--I, too, had carpal tunnel for the last 5-6 weeks of my pregnancy. It's definitely no fun. I'd wake up and my fingers would be all stiff and bent. I tried to stretch them as much as possible. I had a friend who relied heavily on the splints and found some relief that way. The best relief--having the bub! It quickly went away right after DS was born.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Thanks, everyone! For the first time I think I'm ready to not be pregnant...just in hopes to get rid of this pain! I otherwise have loved being pregnant!

Glad to hear the splints help, I'll definitely be trying that out tonight.

Sections
Shortcuts