February Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

Re: February Updates

Silver, I too, had CTS when I was pg with DS. It started out very minor but got progressively worse until I delivered. I got some splints at CVS (I want to say they were around $50 and worth every penny). At first I wore them only at night but it got to the point where I wore them all the time. The numbness got much better right after delivery but I want to say it took another few weeks to go away totally. I remember trying to scoop DS out of the bassinet in the middle of the night and not being able to do it with just one hand.  Hopefully the splints will give you some relief. Good luck with delivery!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Good luck Maple!!

Silver - I had to wear splints on both hands for a few months, but for tendon issues not CTS.  I still wear the right one once in a while. 

Anyway, I got the splints for "free" from my primary care physician, except for the copay.  Depending on how much they cost, you might want to do that too.  She suggested - and I think it would be the same for CTS - that the most important time to wear them was while sleeping because 1) it is for several hours straight and 2) you have no idea how you might be bending your wrists in your sleep.

Pugs - I was starting to wonder where you were!  (I guess you just have a life lol.)

Thanks again for all the warm wishes!!
    I can't even remember what I have posted so far!  Long story short - doctor's appt last Wed and Friday.  Off to the hospital on Friday and back on Sunday.  Appt with the OB today.  She says I can't go back to work and they won't induce until after next Thursday 3/3.  I may or may not have cried on the way home. 
    I have another appointment with her on Friday.  She'd like to strip my membranes, but so far can't even get a finger in the cervix to do it.  I just keep telling myself that sometimes things move along quickly even when you're not dilated.  The baby could be ready to come out any moment now!  But so far I am about 1 cm dilated, 70% effaced, and she has not dropped.  The OB at the hospital said I wasn't "much effaced at all" and I wanted to scream, but today my OB said I am.  That is 3 vs 1 so I am going with 70% effaced :o)

ETA: Despite having 4 internal exams in the past 6 days, today was the first time I saw any brown spotting as a result.  I am way too excited by this!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Fram, my life this weekend consisted of laying on the couch, napping, and being too lazy to even get up and get my laptop.  :) 

Sounds like you are making progress though!  Like you said, everything can change at any time, so don't let all the dilation/effacement/dropping talk make you think that things can't naturally get going on their own.  But at least the end is in sight for both of us...no matter what we're down to days!  :)

Did any of you ladies have contractions without any pain?  I've been having a ton of tightening the last few days, but no cramping or pain.  I suppose they could just be BH though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Good luck, Fram!  If it makes you feel any better, I was not at ALL dilated on my due date or even in the several days following (and also may or may not have cried each time I found out),and baby had not dropped into position, but then went into labor on my own the night before my induction (which was scheduled for 9 days past my due date, I think) and didn't need cervical stripping or anything else.

Pugs - I definitely didn't have real contractions that were painless, however all of my BH were painless.  It's how I knew when I was actually in labor - it hurt!  However, I have heard of painless real contractions, so you never know!  Wouldn't that be lucky!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Pugs - I have recently had painless contractions - probably BH.  In fact, I wouldn't have even known about them if I wasn't on the NST at the time.

I wouldn't mind her being late if I could go to work!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

I had painless contractions, BH, a lot.  Never had one painful contractions until I went into labor.  I had a scheduled doctors appt the morning of my due date.  The doctors stripped my membranes, I went into full blow labor less than 4 hours later.  First contractions was so bad I called the doctor who sent me right to the hospital.    If they can strip your membranes, go for it.  I was already 2-3 cm dialated and somewhat effaced if I can remember correctly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Thanks for that info, quad!  I'm going to ask them to strip my membranes tomorrow and hopefully that will get things going.  I was about 2cm last week, but the doctor didn't mention anything about effacement.  She said the baby definitely dropped a couple weeks ago, too. 

I just hope this baby comes soon because DH, bless his heart, is driving me nuts.  He's a nervous wreck all of a sudden!  Every day he calls... "Anything yet?  No?  You sure?  OK, well call me if anything happens."  And he's telling everyone in person and all over Facebook, "I just want to get all this overwith."  Right...because it's been a lot of work for you...  Tongue out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maple76. Show Maple76's posts

Pugs - I've had BH contractions since the second trimester. However, at 34 weeks, they got very regular and have stayed regular for the last 3 1/2 weeks. At my last NST - they were approx. 3 minutes apart and lasting over a minute.  I can definitely feel them, but they aren't painful at all. Lately, I have felt constantly tight - seems like one constant contraction!

Fram - Hang in there... things can change quickly. 

I have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow to measure size and my weekly OB appointment. I can't wait to get an update on her estimated size and start discussing options in case she does not arrive by the due date.

DH was pretty disappointed that LO did not arrive this weekend. He was sure it would happen. He had a very vivid dream about it last night. It still seems like it is imminent..

Did anyone else get really puffy in the last couple of days before labor?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Pugs, I asked my mom about her labor/delivery with me - and she said the ENTIRE labor was pain free - just the sensation of painless contractions.  The whole time till I popped out.  Please, please, I hope that's genetic!!! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Sorry again for the whining.  I promise I would be doing less of it if I wasn't wasting maternity leave!  I called HR today, finally, but she hasn't called back yet.

Pugs - DH keeps texting to ask how I feel.  He of all people should know that I feel FINE!!  Well except for the stuffy nose I still have.  But I'm glad he's excited and one of his best friends is super excited too - it's cute.  But that is funny that your DH can't wait to get it over with.  Tell me about it buddy!

Maple - I wouldn't say really puffy, but around 37 weeks I had to stop wearing my rings.  My legs have been swollen for a many weeks, but nothing extreme.

My OB said she'll measure for size on Monday if I haven't gone into labor yet.  The OB at the hospital on Friday guessed that she is medium sized - between 7 and 8 lbs.  Up until about last week I was convinced I had a little peanut on my hands, but wow has my tummy grown in a week or two!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Fram, Maple and Pugs - sending good thoughts your way and hoping you go today!  Must be so exciting!  With DD I went about a week and a half early, so I never got to experience that whole waiting game.  I guess it was a good thing though I wasn't too pleased at the time!  Fram, I guess you can't work from home?

Silver, sorry about the CTS.  Fortunately I haven't experienced anything like that.  With DD I had restless legs though.  That was one of the most annoying things ever!  It really makes you feel for people who have to deal with those afflictions all the time (and not just for 9 months).

AFM, I had my 2nd trimester blood screening today.  So I should finally have the results of the ERA next week.  Yay!!!  I am so ready to spill the beans to work and most of my friends, provided the results come back low risk of course.  Fingers crossed!  I can't believe I've kept this secret so long.  It feels like FOREVER!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Good luck to all of you - pugs, fram, maple!  I am excited for all of you.

Silver -- Had awful carpal tunnel in both hands - completely numb.  I bought some soft, comfy, blue brace at CVS that was awesome.  I literally could not take it off.  It took at least 1 month to resolve completely after pregnancy but it did! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Trouble - Hope the results look great!  It's crazy that you've made it so far into your 2nd pregnancy without it being obvious.  Good for you!
    They would allow me to work from home, it would just be too complicated.  There are so many web sites and applications that I can't access at home, so I'd end up going back and forth to finish things up and not reeeally resting.  I had to be realistic about it and give in.

I probably sound like a broken record, but thanks again for letting me vent during the past few days.  I made a resolution tonight to stop being so negative.  The most important thing is that baby girl will be here any day now!  Whether it's 1 more day or 10 doesn't matter.  I've been pretty positive through this whole pregnancy, and I'm not going to change that now!  No negative Facebook posts for me!! 

Didn't hear back from HR yet, but hope to get some good news tomorrow.  I don't have enough to keep me occupied, but am trying to focus on the positives.  I have never been so on top of balancing my checkbook or entering bills into my spreadsheet.  I spent a full 2 hours grocery shopping today - which allowed me lots of time to think and make the resolution.  I should have been resting, but they say walking is one of the things that gets labor started so I enjoyed every minute :o)

That reminds me, my instinct to nest has totally manifested itself in grocery shopping.  Every time we run out of something I am right on top of it!  The freezer must be stocked at all times!

When did my posts become so long?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Fram you're allowed to vent any thing you want!  Every last excruciating detail.  We're here for ya! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

I bet all you ladies will have babies this weekend!  Fingers crossed for you. 

Tonight is my 18 week ultrasound.  I am so excited I cant contain myself.  We have not seen the baby in quite a while so we are excited to see the change and of course to find out boy or girl.  My appt was supposed to be yesterday morning but I had to reschedule to tonight due to DH work schedule. 
    I am feeling the baby move more often now.  Still just little jabs.  All the movement is in my lower left side.  Same place it has been the whole time and why it took the doc so long to find the heartbeat last week. 

My belly button is starting to stick out.  I have not known one other person this has happened to.   Did anyone elses turn into an outy? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I think we may have a baby Fram later today or early tomorrow...!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

Sex and pineapple and foot massages for Fram, other ways to get labor going.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

Pugs and Fram - Good luck to you both - how exciting!! 

Silver - I was told that I have CTS at my appt this week.  I was not sleeping at ALL and just thought that's the way it was going to be.  They gave me a splint at the office and it has been amazing!  I slept all last night (minus the bathroom breaks of course) but it was wonderful.
    I also had my shower this weekend and it was great!  My mom had it at Exchange Street Bistro in Malden and the staff there were great, food was good and of course the company of family and friends was the best part.  I work in the schools and have this week off.  Thank goodness because I am slowly putting things together and getting organized. 
    5 weeks to go!

oh and about the belly button, mine turned into a kind of outtie.  I had surgery there years ago and now it's half out and the other half is just kinda stuck ...it looks pretty silly :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

So I had my doctor's appointment today...not bad, not great, just meh.  I'm still only about 2cm and haven't been feeling any "real" contractions, just some tightening without pain.  I had the NP strip my membranes today, and I have an induction massage scheduled for Friday.  I was thinking of even trying an acupuncturist...anyone tried it or had any luck with it?

If nothing happens from now until Monday, I'll be admitted to the hospital Monday night so they can start Cervidil, so I have to stay overnight and wait the 12 hours.  I'm kind of bummed about the extra night.  Then they'll start the induction on Tuesday.

I'm really hoping I go into labor on my own before then.  I'm willing to try anything at this point!  Except for the castor oil.  And the sex.  The Castor oil and diarrhea actually sound MORE appealing than sex at this point.  Embarassed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

I did a full dose of castor oil and no it didn't work but it sure got me cleaned out before I went to the hospital which was great.  A few tablespoons in a glass of OJ and CHUG.  And I had lots of sex right up until delivery which didn't work either.  And I had my membranes stripped twice which didn't work.

Ultimately, it was an induction at 10 days over.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Pugs, hope something happens soon for you! at the very least the end is in sight...or the beginning, depending on how you look at it :-)

I got a Carpal Tunnel brace last night and it worked wonders. I got one specifically for night wear - it was $25 and I slept like a baby. I even took it off in the middle of the night to make sure it was working and I wasn't just all of a sudden healed...hand started going numb after about 30 minutes so I know that was it. Thank God I found something that works!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Quad, how did your u/s go?

Fram and Pugs, Good luck!

Silver, Glad to hear the braces helped!

Not much going on with me, have an appointment today and I am just feeling uncomfortable over all but that's pretty much par for the course.  My mom helped me out and washed some baby clothes so I only have a few to wash.  My cousin is taking a bed from us this weekend so now I'll be able to set up the bassinet and get things ready.  Also, 11 more days of work - woohoo!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Ultrasound was AWESOME.  It’s a BOY. We are over the moon excited.  Now we have one of each!  I think DH is pretty happy to have a boy.  Everything is perfect.  The tech I had was crazy funny and kept me informed of everything through the whole appointment.  She even gave us almost 20 pictures including ones of the anatomyJ.  Brain is fine, Heart is perfect.  Everything is measuring a week ahead of schedule.  He 11 ounces and about 95%.    She said everything was great and she would send all the info to the doctor today.

Pretty hard to concentrate today. Now I just keep thinking about the things I have to buy. I don’t have to get much, I kept everything  neutral for the big stuff like car seat, bouncy, pack and play, etc.  I will just need bibs, clothes, new burb clothes and bedding.  Although I learned my lesson and will not be buying a new bed set, just a sheet and bumpers.  The quilt was a big waste for us with DD. 

Hope everyone is feeling well.  Hope to have some new baby news soon!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Congrats on your boy, Quad!! so exciting!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Yay quad!  Congrats on your healthy baby boy!!!