February Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

Re: February Updates

I hope you ladies are right about the sushi!  When the np told me that I was like great now what am I going to be pushing for??  I want an italian sub, but I don't want it THAT bad.
    I have an appointment with the Dr this week so I'll ask her too.  It didn't make a lot of sense to me  - I was thinking the same as the others.  I do like the tuna though, so that may be out b/c of the mercury....what kinds of sushi do you all like?  I might need some ideas for low mercury fish.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Congrats on the u/s and the lunch date, newtothis!

I can't wait to sleep on my stomach or  my back - and just switching back and forth all night. and I want more than one glass of wine. And a martini. And I want to start running again, again.

More importantly I can't wait to find out if this baby is a boy or a girl. Gah, now that its getting close (9weeks to go), I just want to know already!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nori wraps are seaweed, sushi rice is white sticky rice, rice vinegar, and sugar, and the filling is whatever you order.  Do you like the veggie varieties?  Sushi doesn't mean "raw, mercury containing fish," but a lot of people associate it that way so they tell pg ladies a blanket, "no sushi" because they think they are saying, "no raw fish that can contain mercury."  The fact is, there's cooked sushi that can contain mercury.  You just have to order things off the sushi menu that are safe, and there are many of those options.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

SLP - I've been eating shrimp tempura sushi and california rolls since they're not raw.  In addition to spicey tuna (which may be out of the question now - we'll see), I usually like anything with salmon in it.

Today was officially my first day of "OMG I need to be done with this  and stop working!"  I am just so tired and walking back and forth to conference rooms was too much today.
    On a more positive note, they had a little shower for me yesterday which was SO nice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from summagrl. Show summagrl's posts

Hi everyone... DH and I just found out we are pregnant!
    We found out the day we moved into our first home and we couldn't be happier. We have been trying for awhile and unfortunately we had a m/c in October last year, but now I am due October 9th 2011 right before DH's birthday.

Good luck to everyone with approaching due dates!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Summagrl, that's great!  Congratulations on the new home and the BFP!  Welcome to the boards!  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Welcome and congrats summagrl! 
    Can't believe so many are in the home stretch!  These boards really help pass the 40 weeks...
    I'm totally losing track of my pregnancy.  One week I thought I was 33 weeks but i was 32.  Now I forgot I was 35 and thought I was 34.  Certainly never happened the first time!  I could tell you to the hour! 
    I took a major spill on black ice at work yesterday.  Very awkward wipeout position-wise (almost did a split out of my car door) and totally killed one elbow.  OB had me come in for a NST and everything looked good, but then wanted a u/s which they could only fit me in for in their Kingston office which is a hike from their Weymouth one.  I ended up spending about 4.5 hrs in the car between getting to/from work, the OB, the u/s and back to get DS from daycare, but in the end ALL worth it to make sure this baby was ok.  It was super scary and it shook me up... be careful out there ladies!  It is dangerous.  And I had boots on and have been super duper cautious, but you just couldn't even detect this ice.  I hope everyone makes it through this winter safely! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Congrats on the house and the BFP Summa!  We're in a new house too, just a tip, get the projects done NOW.  DH just said to me (after hearing a friend went a month early with her first baby) if you go a month early, we still won't have a kitchen!  Way to freak out an already freaked out pg lady. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Congrats Summagrl!

MM -Scary about the ice!  Also I strongly dislike going to the Kingston office, its such a pain in the neck compared to going to Weymouth.

AJuly - We are buying my grandmothers house that we are in the process of fully renovating.  Our house just went under agreement over the weekend and we now have however many days to do all the BIG projects, including the kitchen which has to be fully gutted.  The baby is arriving in just about 5 weeks and I've decided it basically is what it is.  Worst case we have a spare fridge in the garage and the baby really only needs clean bottles (if we use formula) and we'll just order out for meals or go to my parents.  Don't stress too much, things will work out and a month in the scheme of things is a really short time.  I know its easier said than done though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

I meant to post before that Groupon has a deal today for Mixbook which offers birth announcements.  For $15 you get $50 worth of whatever product, I looked at the announcement cards and they looked cute.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

summer, congrats!!!

MM, glad you are relatively OK and everything looks good for the baby.  You must be hurting, though, that sounded like a bad fall.

KT, I bought that Groupon when it was the showcased deal for Boston last week for Christmas cards!  Anyone looking now needs to choose "Boston" and then look on the right; it's one of the "side deals."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Congrats, Summa!!! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congrats summa!!

MM - So sorry to hear about your fall!  I'm sure everyone here would agree that spring can not get here soon enough.
    Oh and I totally started to lose track of the weeks right around 30.  Somehow I got back on track, but there was a while there where I had to consult babycenter to double check.

KT/Ajuly - It's funny how things get less and less important as the due date nears.  There are a couple things left on my to do list, but I just want the baby to be here so badly that I couldn't care less if they get done!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

MM, glad to hear you're okay after your fall!  I took a nasty one during the storm after Christmas and had to go through the same thing.  Thankfully the baby is so well protected in there that it would take some major trauma to really affect him/her, but it still scares the heck out of you.  I hope you're not too sore!  :(

Fram/KT/ajuly, I feel the same way that you do...we got all the big stuff done for the baby last weekend, so now I'm just going to relax until she gets here.  My big plans consist of a pedi, a few good meals out, maybe a prenatal massage, and basically just using this time to be lazy since I know I won't get that opportunity again for a looong time!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Pugs - I really want to go out for a nice dinner this weekend!  I tried a place I've been dying to go back to but they're all booked up (Pigalle in Boston).
    Anyone have suggestions for a nice restaurant on the North Shore? 
    I am SO glad I haven't had any real plans last weekend or for the next two weekends.  I come up with plenty of errands and things to do around the house, but not having anywhere to be is so nice.  I just want to relax!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Congrats on the new homes and projects everyone!!!  I'm really impressed with everyone's ability to just focus on getting to delivery day now and you all are inspiring me to be a little more laid back about prepping/nesting! 
    KT- thanks for the heads up on the Groupon... definitely going to check it out and good luck with the house!!
    Pugs and Fram, you guys are like super duper close, right??
    Ajuly - that DH comment cracked me up. Sounds like something mine would say which I would respond to with an evil eye.
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone on the fall - please stay safe out there!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Fram, there are SO many good places to eat on the NS.

Wild Horse in Beverly I love, Grapevine in Salem is REALLY good - they may be booked b/c of Valentine's Day but definitely worth trying.

There's another place in Salem...I am blanking on the name...they just had renovations done, they are off Washington street, near the new Greenland Cafe (also good, so I've heard).

ETA: Lyceum in Salem was the other one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

Fra, try the dandelion green or cafe escadrill in burlington...yummy!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from newtothis. Show newtothis's posts

Well, I came down from my high of yesterday's u/s with pink bleeding today. The office thinks it's just a result from teh internal u/s yesterday, but I'm still on modified rest right now. No sex, no exercise, no lifting, nothing that exerts any energy for two weeks after the bleeding stops.

So now I'm just praying that it doesn't get worse and I don't start cramping.

crawling into bed sounds really good right about now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pink is good (for any at all, of course) - hoping and praying for the best, newtothis.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Thinking of you, newtothis.  I know with every internal exam I had during my pregnancy I was always told to expect some spotting afterwards.  Hopefully it's just due to that.  And the fact that you saw the heartbeat yesterday is a very good sign!

Take it easy, get some rest, and try to relax as best you can...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Newtothis - I hope everything is OK!  There are a million possible reasons for spotting/bleeding.  I experienced some bright red blood around 18 weeks and the OB thought the most likely reason was the external u/s I had 3 days earlier.  She said all that poking and prodding could have been the culprit.  Let us know how it goes!!

Thanks for the restaurant suggestions!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CookieM. Show CookieM's posts

Newtothis, I passed a small, but bright red clot around 7 weeks, and was sure I would get bad news.  But, it turned out not to be, and now I'm at 15 weeks.  Apparently early bleeding is a lot more common that most of us knew.  I hope you're reassured soon.

July, I added tons of fiber when I was having "trouble."  There's got to be a balance, because I think it made things worse.  If you can't stand  Prune juice (I can't), try pear nectar-found in the latin food aisle.  Much tastier.  Also, try taking a Colace with a large glass of warm (almost hot) water.  Works like a charm.

Welcome and congrats to the new folks!

MM, so sorry to hear about the fall, and so glad that you're both okay.  This weather has been treacherous.

AFM, I'm not a sushi person, but I've been wanting an Italian Sub for weeks.  I have an awfully long way to go.  Part of me is glad it's not mid-summer yet.  I know that's when I'll be really missing the Sangria!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Cookie, thanks for reminding me.  Another one of my "get moving" tricks is to have about 16 oz of warm water very first thing in the morning, as soon as you can.  Chug it and it'll get your digestive system pumping for the day.  Wait about a half hour and eat breakfast and somehow, miraculously, it helps get things going.  I think it has to be warm because your body doesn't waste time warming it up and your intestines can absorb it right away. 

I realize this may be a "duh" comment, but I figured I'd mention in case some of you didn't know, that water is absorbed through your intestines, so your body extracts as much water as it can from the food you eat so that's why when you eat fiber-rich foods (like cereals or fiber bars) you HAVE to drink a lot of water becuase your body is trying to grab as much water out of your intestines as possible.  If you have a bunch of fiber-rich foods sitting in your intestines but no water left, then it's just going to sit there and make your constipation worse. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

LILSprout - that's a really good tip!  I'm going to try it to stay regular!

Newtothis - I had spotting with both of my pregnancies!  Most recently after my pap at 11 weeks pg.  I guess the cervix is all engorged and sensitive.  Hopefully the same premise for you!  It took mine about 2 days (light brown mucus in my case) to subside.

MM - Sorry to hear about your fall and glad your OK!

Summa - Congrats on the BFP and new house!  So exciting!  No house work for you though in the first tri!!!  (IMO)

Fram, Pugs, Ajuly, and everyone else in the late stages - Hope you are doing well and enjoying some "me" time!  It'll be your last chance for a while!

AFM, nothing new to report.  Just trying to plan a vaca now and feeling guilty about taking vaca time and then maternity leave later this year.  Oh well!  I haven't had a real vaca since Mar 09!  I'm dying to get out of here!

Sections
Shortcuts