February Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Re: February Updates

JAN - congrats!!!!!!!!
    KT - scary - so glad things are ok!  Sounds like a rough few days!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Congrats Jan!  Enjoy every second of those first moments with your baby boy.  And know it just gets better and better!

KT, wow!  Glad you are ok and resting now..

Fram and Pugs, so very excited for the two of you!  Enjoy your last few days of freedom :)  Go to the spa, get a pedi and just relax. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Trouble, I second your recommendation -- I did brunch and mani/pedis with a couple girlfriends over the weekend and it was fantastic!  It's been nice to take some time just for me in these last couple of weeks.  I'm planning on a facial and one more prenatal massage if I have time before the baby gets here.  :)

Speaking of prenatal massages, has anyone tried pressure points to induce labor?  The massage therapist that I saw last time has a lot of training in that, and she said if I go past my due date and get a note for my doctor she'd work on me.  I have no idea if it actually works or not, but I figure worst case scenario is I get a great massage!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Congrats Jan - Glad that everyone is happy and healthy!

Fram/Pugs, I agree with Trouble, spoil yourself now, it is very worth it!

I also changed my last day at work by just 1 day.  I was going to have my last day be a Monday but then when I thought about it that seemed ridiculous.  Now my last day is 3/11, seems so close!

I think some of the spotting may have been stress induced with all DH and I have going on outside of the baby arriving.  Thankfully the spotting has totally stopped and somehow life seems a little less stressful this week!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Congrats Jan on the baby boy!

I am in total nesting mode - DH's grandmother and aunt bought us the glider/ottoman so we got that this weekend and put it together. The nursery is almost complete! Just need my sister's artistic touch when she comes to visit this weekend (yay!).

We aren't big on valentine's day (especially when it falls the day BEFORE payday), but DH did buy "me" a bunch of baby clothes this weekend. So cute of him...he got mostly boy clothes but they can really go either way and I'm not too strict w/ the gender definite clothing anyway. I actually hope we have a little girl who can wear the onesy that says "future NFL Quarterback." ahaha.

KT, glad to hear the spotting has stopped - and 3/11 is very close!! Can't wait for all these upcoming babies to be born. :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Congrats Jan on the Healthy Baby Boy.

KT, Pugs and Fram, you guys are so close. How exciting.

AFM.. 17 weeks 3 days.  Just back from a check up where it took the doc about 10 min to get the heartbeat and I nearly had a meltdown on the table.   He assured me it would be fine and the baby was just hiding because he could hear the uterus moving around. I have also felt some movement so I had that going for me to,  BUT, until I heard that heartbeat I was not going to be relaxed.  Low and behold, the little bugger is way down in my hip and moving all around so it just took him a little longer than usual.  He knew I was worried but said that taking a while does not mean anything.   I also had the extra blood work today for the downs testing and my 18 week ultrasound is schedule for next week.  We can not wait to find out what we are having.

Sounds like everyone is doing well.  Good Luck to everyone who is coming up close.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Quad, mine was doing the same thing at my appointment yesterday.  I had felt some movement and then not a lot, and the few minutes it took the CNM to find the heartbeat were grueling!  Glad they found it :) 

Silver - that's so cute that he bought boy clothes!  I find myself looking for gender neutral clothes and end up liking (sort of) clothes that are mostly boy-ish but a girl could pull them off.  A boy can definitely not pull off most pink and frill things but a girl can get away with orange lions, you know?  I can't wait for Baby to get here so I can know what it is!!!  Do you have any feelings either way?  Have your friends/family guessed based on any of those old wives tales?  I had a friend today tell me it was "most definitely a boy" because I'm all baby so far (granted I'm only 23 weeks...). 

Is anyone else out there not finding out what you're having?   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

quad, I'm so glad your doctor was patient enough to keep looking! I remember having to ask for an u/s b/c he tried for like 5 seconds and told me everything would be fine...I was like, uh, yeah I need a little more solid proof, thanks. glad to hear things are going well!

You know what I realized about baby clothes this weekend while we were walking around BRU...SO many outfits could be gender neutral if they just didn't have stupid sayings on them like "mommy's handsome man" or "daddy's little girl." Why do the onesies have to talk? clearly my boy is handsome or my girl is a princess...I do not see the need for his/her shirt to flaunt this information.

And I mainly noticed this b/c DH did buy one outfit that says "mommy's little man" or something on it, but he bought it b/c I love elephants and it came with the cutest little pants w/ elephants all over them. So I can easily swap out a white onesy rather than the one it came with...but its just so unnecessary to have their clothing speak. Just a pet peeve I developed recently...sorry for the vent. :-0

I have so many people tell me I'm having a boy - and that they are ALWAYS 90% accurate on these predictions. Same number of people tell me the exact same thing about it being a girl...haha. I'm at the point where now I REALLY want to know...I feel like the next 8 weeks are going to drag for that reason. But I personally feel like it might be a girl...partially hoping, and partially b/c I know we BD'd at least 2 days before I O'd so if the Shettles Method has any bearing...

I thought I was carrying all in my belly until this morning when I had to losen the buckle on my boots to fit them over my calves...can honestly say I've never had that problem before. :-/ So, I'm definitely wearing a little more padding all over and not just in the belly...

Now I'm just rambling, but I had a wooden letter made by someone on Etsy that matches the bedding and the nursery - it came yesterday and it is so cute, but then I realized I don't want to hang it yet b/c I don't want people to guess the names we have picked! (they both start with the same letter). So now I have to hide it from my mom...haha.

But, if anyone is looking for that kind of thing I can recommend the girl on Etsy who did mine - she did a great job.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Quad- How stressful!  Glad that everything is A-Okay and they baby was just hiding.  Exciting news that your U/S is coming up!

We don't know what we are having either.  I Usually think its a girl but every now and then I think its a boy.  I think that I am carrying high as all the movement I feel is high but a few people lately have said I am low.  DH swears its a boy, my mom thought it was a boy but now thinks girl and she is always wrong.  I did do the needle test recently and that said girl.

As far as gender neutral outfits go I think they are hard to find.  DD did leave the the house a few time when she was a newborn in more boy outfits but oh well. 

I love love love Etsy, I get DD lots of personalized things on there. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

I'm not finding out :)  Last time I didn't find out either and all the old wives tales that all my friends seemed to know said I was having a boy.  So I was very, very shocked when I found out it was a girl!  Personally, I think I'm having another girl.  :)

I'd also honestly recommend not buying too many outfits if you can muster the strength.  Two reasons: (1) It is so so much fun to dress a girl all girly and I'm sure it'd be the same for a boy.  (2) Everyone will send/give you outfits after the baby is born.  Everyone just loves to buy cute baby clothes.  So you will have plenty within a few days! 

Just my 2 cents :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

what's the needle test?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Ha, its you hang a threaded needle over your stomach fully stopped.  Then it somehow moves on its own, if it goes round and round its a girl and if it goes side to side its a boy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

oh, fun, that will keep me entertained. :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I didn't do a massage, but they say there are pressure points in the ankles that can cause labor, and to avoid pedicures for that reason.  Well, 8 days overdue, I finally went and got a pedicure.  That night I went into labor!  ;) 

In Response to Re: February Updates:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of prenatal massages, has anyone tried pressure points to induce labor?  The massage therapist that I saw last time has a lot of training in that, and she said if I go past my due date and get a note for my doctor she'd work on me.  I have no idea if it actually works or not, but I figure worst case scenario is I get a great massage!
    Posted by PugsandKisses[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

[QUOTE]Speaking of prenatal massages, has anyone tried pressure points to induce labor?  The massage therapist that I saw last time has a lot of training in that, and she said if I go past my due date and get a note for my doctor she'd work on me.  I have no idea if it actually works or not, but I figure worst case scenario is I get a great massage!

I tried acupuncture to turn a breech baby, and the acupuncturist said that if I got to be overdue, there are points that they use to help start labor. Never worried about it, DD was only 2 days late, but if I had gone longer I might have tried it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Twin - we're the same.  The ONLY thing that we'd "plan" by knowing the gender is clothes...and Baby will be born in June so it'll be in white onesies anyway...  yuck, good luck with the nausea :(

Silver - I was at Macy's yesterday and thought the same thing about neutral clothing that had writing on it.  I looked at most of them and realized I could use a seam-ripper to remove the little labels that say "sweet girl" or "mama's boy" or whatever.  I even went so far as to think I could remove the frills from the neck and sleeves of a onesie to make it less girly if I have a boy.  I just don't think there are as many cute options for boys out there as there are for girls!  So many boys clothes have writing on them and I just can't stand writing!  My poor kid (if it's a boy) will be in the plainest solid-color or striped clothing.  A girl I'll have no problem with since I drool over baby girl dresses everywhere! 

Does the carrying high/low thing really end up working out?  I feel like I'm carrying low (yet I have a long torso...) but Baby is kicking way up above my belly button already.  (It's so cute, I love it so much.)  Except for the every once in a while kick in the cervix. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I think the carrying low/high has much more to do with your body type and muscle structure than the gender of your baby. I can't imagine there is any actual scientific data to back up the myth...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Prill and SAW!  I just talked to DH about it and I think we're going to go with the avoidance.  Just pretend we don't know much and let everyone know that once she gets here, they'll know.  And I agree, thank goodness for caller ID...I'm dumping about 90% of my calls to voicemail already!  :) And I've made my decision that if I'm still pregnant at the end of next week, the 25th will be my last day of work.  I planned to work right up until I had the baby, but I don't think I feel like coming in that Monday knowing I'm being induced within a day or two.

You know what you can do to enhance the fabulousness of caller ID?  Assign a specific ring tone to people!  I assigned one to BIL's numbers so I don't even have to LOOK at the phone to know I'm not answering it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Ha!  Kar I did that when DH and I first st arted dating so when it rang with his ringtone, I'd race to the phone :) 

And Silver, I agree...I can't imagine where baby hangs out has anything to do with what it is.  It's just fun to think about! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I agree that much of the neutral clothing isn't very neutral.  I wanted to play a joke the day we found out and pull something yellow, orange, or green out of a bag so that people would be like, Uhhh it's a girl... boy?  But I couldn't find one single thing that didn't lean one way or another, so I went with buying an adorable dress immediately after we found out :o)

I think according to the wives' tales, I would be having a boy.  I'm carrying low and my weight is in the front/tummy.  (That's not to say I don't have my fair share of swelling in the legs, but that doesn't count if you ask me!)

I've been noticing some symptoms the past few days, but didn't mention them because I didn't want it to sound like whining.  Since maybe 5 days ago, I'm especially sore in the groin/pelvis/pubic area.  I typically switch sides a few times each night but that is becoming quite a project between the bigger-than-ever bump and all of the aches and pains.  My butt gets sore from sitting too long too.  Oh and I was p00ping like crazy yesterday! lol  I was really hoping it was a sign of my body starting to clear itself out... but I think I just ate something funky at our fancy night out Sunday night.

I have an appointment tomorrow and I'm going to beg the NP to do another exam.  I'm going to use the excuse that I'm trying to figure out whether to work next week.  I planned to work through the 25th if the baby is late, but I have cold and it's making it really hard to get any sleep and make it through the day at work.  Ended up using a few hours of vacation time so I could go back to sleep this morning.

Anyone do anything special for Vday?  We're not big on presents for every occasion, but my bday & our anniversary & Vday are very close together... and so far DH hasn't even given me a card!  I'm feeling neglected, but trying not to be a brat and complain about it.  (Disclaimer - He isn't a total deadbeat; he did invite a bunch of people over for a last minute surprise party for my bday, which I loved.)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Good luck to all of you on deck!  I am so excited for everyone!
    Poppy - I oddly felt the same - which considering my fever during labor and 2 1/2 hours of pushing and 3rd degree tear - I find shocking! 
    Ladies - even with all this it really wasn't so bad so don't be scared.  The epidural was super and it was one of my biggest fears - unfounded. With the epidural I really had manageable pain even with a 9 lb 8 ounce baby!

BTW - I literally could not stop laughing when my water broke.  I just couldn't get over how much it was - I know this varies for everyone but wow!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Fram, my brother's girlfriend who just had a baby told me that she p00ped a ton just before labor! maybe its a sign! :-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Fram, I'm glad you posted all of your symptoms, because at least I know I'm not alone!  I'm having all the same ones as you.  Sore groin, hard to roll over at night, and I'm also having the p00p issue (which I'll take any day over the constipation in the beginning!).  I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this, but the skin on my belly burns sometimes, like a bad sunburn.  I'm sure it's a combination of the stretching and the dry skin I always get this time of year.  I lather it up with cocoa butter a couple times a day, but it doesn't always do the trick.

DH and I have never celebrated Valentine's Day, so this year was no different.  He did acknowledge it though...the day before he said "uhhh, you don't want anything, right?"  LOL!  DH's birthday is coming up the second week of March, and even though he's in his late 30's he's like a 6-year-old when his birthday comes around.  I have to hear about it for weeks before and weeks afterwards; it's insane!  He's already started giving me his list of gifts he might want, but all I'm thinking is "I'm probably giving birth less than a week before your birthday, and you actually think I'm going out shopping for presents?"  What is wrong with these boys?  :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lil Sprout - that's the OTHER special ring tone I have.  I still race to the phone for the good one.  LOL  Everyone else just gets a generic ring.  :)

Pugs, let your fingers do the shopping!  Amazon has lots of stuff with free shipping if you don't need it in a hurry.  DH is trained not to open boxes around Christmas or his birthday.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Kar, I would definitely go that route if DH had reasonable gift requests!  :)

He told me he wants a certain sports jersey, which wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that he's already looked for it and said it's not available anywhere.  I asked him how on earth he expected me to get it and he just said, "I don't know...work your magic!"

Like I said...delusional when it comes to his birthday.  Yell