Feeling movement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

Feeling movement

I was wondering when everyone started feeling the baby.  I have been feeling flutters but nothing major.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

Re: Feeling movement

I was about 20 weeks before I starting feeling more than flutters.  I noticed it more while laying on my back at night while I was relaxing!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaydo. Show kaydo's posts

I believe this is something that varies wildly between women but I started feeling my little guy move just shy of 16 weeks and he's now (at 29 weeks) driving me a little bit crazy with his constant kicking.  (My stomach already bounces and shakes a LOT; I'm quite sure I'm going to be like one of those YouTube women where you can see actual foot & hand imprints on my belly as I get closer to the end).

And I have to say, I feel a little bit guilty about how much the kicking annoys me.  I want to be one of those woman who just LOVES feeling her baby kick but truthfully, it hurts sometimes, it's hard to concentrate on other things (working, sleeping, etc) when he's really going hard, and I'm a little bit scared of how much worse it's going to get over the next 11 weeks.  (Although my mother said they kick a little less near the end, because they have less room inside to do so... hmmm.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

It took me a while. I'd say I could feel inconsistent movement (some days nothing) at about 22-23 weeks. It didn't become regular, recognizable, (and sometimes painful!) until I hit my third trimester.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

I'm curious about this too.  I have an anterior placenta and I felt nothing at all until the 22nd wk, and then it was just sporadic fast little movements, literally only once or twice a day would I feel it and only if I was sitting still and thinking about it (which I had plenty of time to do in aruba :)   and I would feel nothing at all some days even though I was trying!  I am in the 24th wk now and have been feeling it more frequently and has been probably 4-5 days in a row of feeling some activity, at multiple times during the day, but it's very subtle.  If I'm busy I think I don't notice it at all, only when I'm sitting quietly or laying down. I'm wondering when it will get 'worse'!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

I was about 21 weeks before I felt the first kick that was more than just butterflies. I was lying down to take a nap. Around 24-25 weeks the kicks came pretty regularly. The kicks did hurt sometimes - felt like she was poking my cervix. But once the baby gets bigger he/she won't have room to kick and it will just be pushing & wriggling around... although at that point the baby was at times pushing on my bladder and on my ribs which can be a bit uncomfortable - but exciting to think the baby has grown so much. Now I feel her head pushing on my pelvic floor which is a whole other feeling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

I too have an anterior placenta Lesal.  I just wanted to throw out the question like Kaydo says it varies greatly.  The doctor had asked me during my U/S if I had felt anything.  I must say benice I am certainly not looking forward to the pushing on the pelvic or the bladder.  It sounds like I have at least 4 weeks until I start feeling anything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Nothing yet, but I'm only at 15 weeks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigirl627. Show Trigirl627's posts

My LO started making noticeable movements around week 22 or so and hasn't stopped since!! I think it definitely differs from baby to baby...at 39 weeks she's still booting me big and often!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

In Response to Re: Feeling movement:
    [QUOTE]I too have an anterior placenta Lesal.  I just wanted to throw out the question like Kaydo says it varies greatly.  The doctor had asked me during my U/S if I had felt anything.  I must say benice I am certainly not looking forward to the pushing on the pelvic or the bladder.  It sounds like I have at least 4 weeks until I start feeling anything.
    Posted by onecoolchick[/QUOTE]

My son had an anterior placenta and my daughter's was posterior.  I could feel my daughter moving ALOT more than my son, although on the ultrasounds, it was quite obvious that they were both very "busy."  Since one was head-down and the other was breach, alot of the activity involved kicking each other in the head....

It's true that the kicks and jabs become less toward the end...it's more like pressure and you can see them rolling/shifting rather than the kicks.  I would often be able to see and feel them changing position.  It was REALLY weird and cool...like a wave moving slowly across my stomach.  I remember one night when they were especially active when DH and I just sat and watched my stomach moving for about half an hour.  That was probably one of the most exciting nights of my pregnancy.  I could tell that DH was just amazed and he was trying to "talk" to the babies and putting his hands all over my stomach trying to "touch" them.  Really, really intimate and amazing....