Halloween Costumes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LLTyrrell. Show LLTyrrell's posts

Halloween Costumes

So I have been searching the internet to get ideas for a halloween costume for this year that somehow involves my 8 month preggo belly. Other then the typical store bought maternity costumes I've been able to find very few creative ideas. (I've seen countless pregnant nun costumes, bun in the oven costumes and painting the tummy as a pumpkin). I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a unique costume that would take advantage of the lovely baby bumps we have? Laughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Re: Halloween Costumes

I dressed as Rosemary Woodhouse when I was around 10 months pregnant. It's not all that creative (or tasteful), but it's an easy costume.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I like this one:  Skeleton

There was also a different "bun in the oven" one with the mom-to-be wearing an oven that came down over her torso and her head sticking up between the burners - looks cumbersome, but a cute looking idea.  Oven

There are probably 20 or so on this site of homemade maternity costumes, but those are my favs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

You could go as Hester Prynn [from the Scarlet Letter]. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

One of my pregnant friends is dressing as Tonks, from Harry Potter. She got a bright pink wig and... that's all I know. I guess I'll find out the rest this weekend.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

I seem to remember a similar thread last year around this time... Does the archive go back that far?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Maybe you can do a variation of this one and make your baby bump the main body of the spider.  If not maybe you find a creative idea checking the site.  Good luck! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LLTyrrell. Show LLTyrrell's posts

I was able to check from last year and there were some great ideas there as well! I think so far the most fitting for me would be to go as Juno. (I look similiar and it's kind of age appropriate). Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I like the skeleton one, Kar!  That's something I could quickly put together this weekend if someone throws a party.  (It's always last minute with our friends.) 
    My SIL is going to do a bun in the oven costume.  She is 13+ weeks and has been waiting to tell friends until Halloween.

Last year, I dressed as Violet from Charlie and the Chocolat Factory.  You know, "Violet, you're turning violet!"  I wore a big purple maternity shirt that looked like a dress, purple tights, painted my face, and chewed on bubble gum.  I strapped towels underneath the shirt.  The idea was that I would hopefully be pregnant this year and could use it again.  Not sure if we have plans, but I don't think I'm big enough to really pull it off.  Might still need some towels under there!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Fram, I love the Violet idea!

And the skeleton is so cute (albeit slightly creepy) - a great way to announce to your friends!