He's here!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaydo. Show kaydo's posts

He's here!

Delighted to post and say that our little guy is here!  I went into labour Friday night around 4am  (bloody show & irregular contractions), stayed home with contractions all morning until they got to be 5 minutes apart, headed to the hospital around noon, water broke around 5pm, I kept dilating, and started pushing at 3am.  Pushed for an hour, doc said there was no way this little guy was coming the old fashioned way, I was practically delirious with exhaustion after a full day of being awake, contracting, and pushing, she recommended a c-section, and we said yes.  Little guy came out weighing 10 lbs, 3 oz, measuring 22 inches.  Oy!  He is perfect and lovely, we named him Noel Ryan, and we are smitten beyond words.  :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AmieC. Show AmieC's posts

Re: He's here!

Yay!! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! 10lbs+ is a big baby- good job Mama! Hopefully you can get some rest and enjoy your beautiful son!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

kaydo - congrats!! OMG on the 10 lbs, though! It sounds like it was a good idea to go for the c-section with him being that size.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

So excited for you and DH!!!  Congratulations on your BIG boy.  I guess the doctors were right when they said you had a big baby on your hands.  I'm impressed that you are posting already.  Enjoy this time as a new family of three.  What a lot you have to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  Welcome to the world, baby Noel.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Congrats Kaydo!  Wow!  What a big boy.  Love the name.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Congrats!  I'm so happy for you and DH!  Now the fun really begins!  Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from happy2bpg. Show happy2bpg's posts

kaydo - CONGRATS!!!!!  So happy for you that he is finally here!!   And so glad you'll get some quality time in before your DH has to away.    Hope you are feeling well and enjoying every second!  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lilmomma2be. Show lilmomma2be's posts

Awww congrats! That is a big baby alright!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

Congratulations kaydo!!!  I was wondering if we'd be hearing some news soon!  I'm so happy that everyone is healthy and happy!!  And that he came in plenty of time so DH doesn't have to worry about being away.  I can't wait to hear more updates, take care!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Yay, Kaydo!  I'm so happy to hear this! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Wow, 10 pounds!   Congratulations on a healthy boy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigirl627. Show Trigirl627's posts

Hooray!! So much to be thankful for this year!! So happy for you. I love his name!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

Fabulous! Congratulations on little Noel.  I hope both mom and baby are doing well.  10 pounds yowza!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Congrats! Hope you recover from surgery nicely and quickly! Enjoy your precious DS.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Wonderful news!  Your baby is as almost as big as our turkey!!!!  Congrats. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Congratulations on your big beautiful boy!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Oh my!  Congratulations on your precious baby boy!  Great name!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

So happy for you!  Hope you're feeling well and recovering well.  Take good care of yourself and Noel!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

Congrats!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from blushingbride1. Show blushingbride1's posts

Congrats on your little guy Kaydo!  :-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaydo. Show kaydo's posts

Thanks everyone... it's been a great first week with Noel!  My mom was here all last week, so she and DH took turns being with us round the clock in the hospital, which was a huge help, since I couldn't move around very well after the c-section.  Noel had a bit of jaundice but it cleared up and we were able to leave the hospital on Thanksgiving Day.  We had a couple of mostly quiet days at home without too many visitors, which was nice, and we're already into a bit of a routine.  He basically sleeps & eats in 3 hour cycles during the day, then from about 10pm to 3am he wakes up every hour or two, and from 3 or 4am, he ZONKS and sleeps straight through until 8am or 9am.  It's pretty nice to get a long stretch of sleep at the end!

Hilariously, we FINALLY got our baby furniture on Saturday but even the final, actual delivery wasn't without snafus - first the dresser (which arrived fully assembled) wouldn't fit up our stairs and then the delivery guys left, my husband looked at the box the crib was in, realized it was the wrong crib yet AGAIN, chased their truck down the street, and sure enough our crib was in the back of the truck (WITH our name on it, I might add - idiots!).  But it's all here finally, and even though we have Noel in the co-sleeper for now, it feels good to have his room actually set up, at long last!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from austengirl. Show austengirl's posts

Congratulations Kaydo !  Wow 10+ lbs is big but happy and healthy is wonderful.  Hope your recovery went quickly.