How many first-trimester girls out there??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

How many first-trimester girls out there??

My first trimester won't be over until Jan 13th,any other first trimesters out there? How are you feeling???

I have good days and bad days. My biggest symptom right now is feeling starving all the time with bits of nausea. I feel like if my stomach is not constantly full, I feel super sick. However, I found that I was getting  REALLY bloated at night, like I felt like I looked 4 months preggo! So, I have started eating smaller meals about every two hours and that has really helped the bloating.

Also, if you haven't already bought it Girlfriends Guide is awesome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Re: How many first-trimester girls out there??

I'm first tri, too, Liz - for two more weeks anyways.  I'm feeling good.  Still have some bouts of nausea, but I think I have a handle on it.  My appetite is finally starting to come back.  For awhile I didn't want to eat anything and was lving on bland stuff - grilled cheese, breaded chicken tenders, etc.  I find that grazing on animal crackers throughout the day has kept the nausea at bay.  I've been good about eating fruit, but have no appetite for veggies or salad, which I used to eat a ton of.  The fatigue is starting to wear off, too. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

One more week until I'm out of the first trimester.

This has been a tough one.  I was pretty sick with my first baby but if this pregnancy is any judge of future personality, this second kid is going to be a real pain in the a$$ haha. 

I'm feeling a little better.  The vomiting (which started at 3 weeks pregnant, ugh) is tapering off.  It's not EVERY day anymore.  It's been a few weeks since it's been more than once every day. 

I have a little more energy back, maybe than I did a few weeks ago.  I feel like by Christmas I'll be on the 2nd trimester awesome glow train.  I hope.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Everyone says and everywhere I read say the second trimester is the best. I really hope so, because I am sick of living off of pasta, bread, microwaved pizzas...

I can't even look at any meat or veggies :(

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I hope to be on the same train come Christmas lissa.

I also think I may start showing soon.  Seems early, but DH has noticed by "shape" is different, and I have been all kinds of itchy and achy around my lower belly.   I have one pair of jeans that feel tight now, and a couple of tops are getting tight across the chest.

Liz - I went out for Chineses with family this weekend, and ordered rolls and pineapples.  Just eat what you can.  Thankfully I can do red meat.  Chicken and I (except for the aforementioned nuggets) are no longer friends.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Liz - Just wanted to say I'm glad you found the Girlfriend's Guide - it was my favorite pregnancy book by far.
    As for eating - When I was carrying my twins I ate a lot of Barilla Plus pasta when I wasn't feeling well.  It has some fiber and protein in it so your body gets something other than straight carbs. But it tastes just like regular pasta. The nutritionist at MGH recommended it to me.
    Now I serve it to my twins when they are in a mac 'n' cheese mood - I feel like it gives them a little more nutrition.
    Good luck ladies - you must all be having summer babies!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from savvyshopper926. Show savvyshopper926's posts

Hi Girls,
      I just got back from my first ultra sound.  It's so exciting to see the heart beat.  I am measuring really small so they adjusted my due date, so I am only 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant.  The thought of being pregnant longer..AHHH yikes!  OO well, at least the baby is healthy. 

I have been eating raisin toast...that's the only thing i can keep down...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

I'm 9 weeks tomorrow.  I cant wait for the next 3 weeks to go by.  I am feeling pretty good except extremely tired, HUGE and tender breast and feeling fat.  My pants are already not fitting me.  Did anyone else's pants not fit at this stage?  Luckily my girlfriend gave me her maternity clothes and the bella band which is key!  I havent felt sick at all but the last 2 night I could not eat any meat.  The other night I had this really strange feeling in my stomach and I felt like I needed to stretch then I felt much better. 

I will have to check out the Girlfriends Guide!

Congrats to all the 1st trimester girls!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pugs, bloating is very common at that stage.  Try to drink as much water as you can, reduce sodium packed snacks, and have a banana a day - the trifecta of reducing bloat.  Of course, it's hormonal, too, so you can't solve it all that way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc4321. Show jc4321's posts

I'm in my 13th week - just about onto the 2nd tri. Getting a smidge of energy back, as well as my appetite (except for coffee - still can't stand the smell!). Stomach issues still hanging around, but luckily no vomiting! Lots of late spring/summer babies here!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I'm in my first trimester, but have no idea how many weeks I am!  Don't remember the first day of last AF (wasn't trying to get pg!).  I think I'm maybe 5 weeks??  No real symptoms yet (similar to last pregnancy), however I am having this very odd sort of woozy feeling.  I thought it was related to the cold I was fighting off last week, but the cold is gone and I still have this weird feeling.  I can't explain it well, it's sort of like this wave of wooziness that comes across my face/forehead every so often. Makes me need to close my eyes for a second. Not exactly dizziness.  It's a very strange feeling.  Anyone else have this?  Wondering if I should get my blood pressure checked.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Poppy - I had the same feeling when I was about 5-6 weeks and then it passed and I havent felt the sensation since.  It was definatley a weird feeling.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

sounds like low blood pressure --
    or you could just be tired/dehydrated. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Thanks girls, maybe I'll do that blood pressure thing at CVS.

I drink about 100 oz of water just during the work day, so hopefully it's not dehydration because I don't think I could ingest any more liquids! :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

So, this is a question for everyone on the parenting forum.

Lately, I would say this past week, I have felt really down, sad, crying a lot, etc. I know it is more than my hormones, because I am just not feeling myself. I am really apprehensive about my whole life changing, and as much as I am thrilled to be pregnant and to have a baby, I can't help but sort of feel sad. I feel like ever since I found out I've been more concerned about how my life is going to change than just being happy, and I feel so selfish for it. I have an appt. with my OB this afternoon and I know the practice has a therapist, which I am going to learn more about so I can have someone to talk to about this with an objective point of view.

Has anyone else felt like this? I feel like I am the only one, but I know I am not.

I also posted this in December Pregnancy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Liz, as they say, you are developmentally on schedule. Even after trying to get pregnant for 3 years, all the fertility consulting and work, I still had that "oh my gosh, what have we done!" feeling, a few spats with the DH, some crying and freaking out and some mourning for that carefree lifestyle are all part of the development process that will someday make you a great mom!

Sections
Shortcuts