How's Everyone Doing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from happy2bpg. Show happy2bpg's posts

How's Everyone Doing?

Just thought I'd start a new thread to check in and see how all the pregnant ladies are.....esp, with this heat.  Hope everyone is staying cool. 

How's everything going with everyone's pregnancies??    Benice, haven't heard from you in awhile, been thinking of you and hope you are doing well!!   

AFM, 37 weeks now.   3 weeks until our little one is due.   We are super excited but I am getting  a little nervous too.   Cannot wait to find out the gender!!   I am feeling ok - alittle sick of figuring out what to wear since nothing seems to fit well anymore and if it does it doesn't go with the one pair of flip flops I am able to get over my swollen feet.   I am tired and my sciatic has been acting up again but both are probably due to all the running around I have been doing.   With the new house I am having a hard time sitting and relaxing because there are just so many little things I want to get done.   But I am trying to force myself to sit and relax.   

Speaking of house, we are having all new windows put in and we got scheduled for Aug 17th.  It will take about 3 days since we are having almost 20 windows put in and a bow window which will require a decent amount of work.  So with a due date of Aug 22nd, my biggest concern right now is that baby will come early and we will be bringing baby home exactly when the work begins!!!     DH keeps telling me it's not a big deal, that we can go "hang out" at his moms during the day while the work is being done and go home at night.  But if it's day one or two with baby home I do not want to be at my MILS house.   I feel like such a brat but.....we are going to be so tired and stressed and trying to figure everything out, I want to be in our house with our things, not to mention baby's things.    My MIL lives close and she has been great with wanting to help and offering to anything we need, but, for some reason, it is starting to get to me.    I know I am being such a b#$ch and should just be grateful for any and all offers to help but right now it's just getting to be a little too much.   

UGH, sorry for all that.   And please don't think I am an awful or ungrateful person. I think I am just overtired and anxious about everthing. I just needed to vent to people who might understand.   Thanks for listening!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Re: How's Everyone Doing?

Happy,

hanging out at your MIL's does not sound sound super fun during the first weeks of having baby home... I am hoping for myself that no one comes to visit aside from my mom for the first few weeks - lets hope those windows get done in time for you guys!

My bratiness is such that I was planning on having my mother stay with us for a week or two... however due to a recent health scare with my father, my mother has been staying with him and he actually just moved back home... after 11 years of separation!.  Even though my father's health is under control - he can't drive and she is driving him everywhere.. and I don't think I can handle my father staying here with us, so I've ditched the idea of my mother or anyone staying here to help out. I dont have an enjoyable relationship with my father and now I'm being forced into one in order to spend time with my mother... although in the back of my mind I'm sure he'll probably leave her again.

I am wicked excited though Happy, that your due date is fast approaching-already full term!!! Even I'm anxious to find out what you're having!  How was your baby shower?

My feet have been wicked tired/swollen also and many of my shirts are not doing such a great job covering my 34 week belly. Other than that I actually feel rather good. I love feeling the baby poke out and move around - she is so big now! I cannot wait for these last weeks to go by.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

In Response to How's Everyone Doing?:
    Just thought I'd start a new thread to check in and see how all the pregnant ladies are.....esp, with this heat.  Hope everyone is staying cool.  How's everything going with everyone's pregnancies??    Benice, haven't heard from you in awhile, been thinking of you and hope you are doing well!!    AFM, 37 weeks now.   3 weeks until our little one is due.   We are super excited but I am getting  a little nervous too.   Cannot wait to find out the gender!!   I am feeling ok - alittle sick of figuring out what to wear since nothing seems to fit well anymore and if it does it doesn't go with the one pair of flip flops I am able to get over my swollen feet.   I am tired and my sciatic has been acting up again but both are probably due to all the running around I have been doing.   With the new house I am having a hard time sitting and relaxing because there are just so many little things I want to get done.   But I am trying to force myself to sit and relax.    Speaking of house, we are having all new windows put in and we got scheduled for Aug 17th.  It will take about 3 days since we are having almost 20 windows put in and a bow window which will require a decent amount of work.  So with a due date of Aug 22nd, my biggest concern right now is that baby will come early and we will be bringing baby home exactly when the work begins!!!     DH keeps telling me it's not a big deal, that we can go "hang out" at his moms during the day while the work is being done and go home at night.  But if it's day one or two with baby home I do not want to be at my MILS house.   I feel like such a brat but.....we are going to be so tired and stressed and trying to figure everything out, I want to be in our house with our things, not to mention baby's things.    My MIL lives close and she has been great with wanting to help and offering to anything we need, but, for some reason, it is starting to get to me.    I know I am being such a b#$ch and should just be grateful for any and all offers to help but right now it's just getting to be a little too much.    UGH, sorry for all that.   And please don't think I am an awful or ungrateful person. I think I am just overtired and anxious about everthing. I just needed to vent to people who might understand.   Thanks for listening!! 
    Posted by happy2bpg

Happy,

I feel your pain with the window work scheduled in your house.  I was about 30 weeks when we closed on our house, 32 weeks when we moved in, and 34 weeks when our kitchen was gutted.  Fortunately the floors and cabinets and appliances were installed quickly--10 days from start to finish, but the granite for our countertops was backordered and as a result we were without a sink and dishwasher for about 5 weeks (they couldn't install the sink until the counters were in and we didn't want to pay $400 for a temporary sink).  When we brought the twins home, we had to designate one bathroom sink as "clean" and used that for washing bottles.  It was really not an experience I'd want to re-live, but we managed.  I really hope that the baby waits until the windows are done for your sake.  I hear you on not wanting to be at your in-laws--coming home and figuring things out is stressful enough w/o that added on to it.  Have you tried talking to the contractor and emphasizing how far along you are and when you're due relative to when the work is scheduled?  We really kept harping on that w/our contractor and he made it a personal goal to have the kitchen done before the babies came.  The granite was beyond his control, but if it hadn't been for that, it would've been done before the babies came.  As it was, they moved us to the top of the priority list even though a few other people had been waiting longer.  People are really sympathetic to the needs of families to have a intact place to bring baby home to, so you might want to give them a call and see if there's anything they can do.  Maybe if you're lucky, the timing will work out and they'll be able to do the work while you're in the hospital.  I really hope it works out for you!!!  Best wishes for an uneventful 3 weeks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Hi everyone,

It's hard to believe we're all so far along at this point...it seems like only a little while ago that the main topic of the week was morning sickness or what to eat to keep the "hungry horrors" away. :)

I am 32 weeks and, knock wood, doing OK. I am NOT a heat person at all (DH and I got married in March for a reason), so I've been pretty grumpy the past week or so. I've had a bit of back pain, but find that sitting on my birthing ball helps take care of it. Baby is kicking and rolling all over the place. At out last appointment the OB says that he's measuring in the 37th percentile for size, but that's to be expected because I only hit 5 feet in heels. :) We did our birthing class last weekend. I go from being realtively calm to totally freaked out about delivery. (That's normal, right?) I am a total sap, though. I kept tearing up as we toured the delivery rooms and nursery, thinking about how our LO will come into the world. DH said he teared up a couple of times during the video when they showed the parents with the babies right after birth. Great, between us and LO, we'll have 3 crybabies in the room!

I am sorry to hear about the various house and family dramas. Happy, I really hope the windows situation works out. I would definitely not want to hang out at my in-laws in the first few days after coming home from the hospital. Benice, that's kind of funny about your mom and dad. It's amazing the evolution realtionships go through...I am sorry, though, that it's causing you some unneeded stress. Our only family "stress" is that both our mothers have passed away (mine about 8 years ago and DH's about 3 years ago). We find ourselves really missing their presence and support at this time. Our dads are great, but not the same as moms when it comes to baby stuff. We also get a little sad that baby will grow up without a grandma. We have lots of women in our lives who will love him, but it's still not the same.

Take care, everyone!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaydo. Show kaydo's posts

Happy, I don't think you're being b*tchy at all... I think I'd pretty near shoot myself if I had to spend my first few postpartum days with my MIL.  (Although, granted, your MIL sounds far more sane & lovely than mine.)  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your windows, though!

As for me, I feel like the pregnancy side effects are starting to mount up and it's freaking me out a little.  I'm 23 weeks and the little man is moving & kicking constantly, which is mostly great, except that he seems to be something of a night owl, and really gets going around 10 or 11pm each night, which often wakes me up and/or keeps me awake (god help me if this is still true once he's born!).  On top of that, as I mentioned in my other thread, I'm suddenly experiencing horrible heartburn, ongoing leg/hip pain (lots of charley horses and/or feeling like my calves are always JUST on the verge of one at night), and during the heat of the last week, I seem to have developed some sort of heat rash on my inner thighs (way up, in the more nether regions!).  Ugh.  I've been slathering baby powder and diaper cream on it, though, which helps but the biggest help has been (don't laugh) wearing my husband's boxer briefs instead of underwear!  They're kind of like boy shorts, and keep things from rubbing together  - fabulous!

Otherwise, things are mostly good.  We're turning our home office into the baby's room and after many weekends of SLOWLY cleaning it out, it finally feels like that is coming together.  We finally got our desks & computers out of there last weekend, so now we can paint, pick up the baby furniture that just arrived, etc.  So that's very fun & exciting! 

Also, word seems to have spread (thanks to my mom) about the fact that I'm really missing my family in Canada lately (pregnancy really feels like one of those times when in-laws and friends just aren't enough - I want my mom, aunts, and family around) so all of a sudden they're all planning trips down here to visit, which definitely does my heart good.  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from happy2bpg. Show happy2bpg's posts

Thanks for your support ladies!!    I am sure it will all work out somehow and then these are the stories you tell years down the road- I mean what are the chances that we'll have to bring the baby home exactly on the 17th?!  As long as they get one work day in, which will hopefully mean our bedroom will be done, then we should be fine.    I knew if I posted other would have similar stories - and Dasiy you had 2 babies, I'm only having one!!   I think this moving/working on the house process has just seemed to take so long and I HATED being pregnant during this time and not being able to do anything - I am getting sick of feeling so incapable and that's why the constant offers for help are starting to get to me.  I want to feel like myself again.

Family dynamics are interesting to say the least.   Benice, too bad you have to deal with it all the same time you're trying to enjoy/get through the last weeks of your pregnancy.    I hope it all works out for you!!   

Our shower was awesome.......people are just so generous I cannot believe it.  Between all our gifts and the baby furniture we finally got second hand from friends, the baby's room is pretty much ready to go. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vaseonthemantle. Show vaseonthemantle's posts

Hi Everyone!

Happy - I have my fingers crossed that everything works out with the windows! Glad your shower was wonderful :)
    Kaydo - Im happy for you that your family is going to come visit, that sounds like a lovely treat!

I am pretty new to the Pregnancy board considering I hit 8 weeks yesterday, woohoo! This is my first baby and I know its the beginning of a LONG (and hopefully smooth) road, but DH and I are excited and are very much ready for this experience. I have had zero M/S so far, a mild headache or two. Aside from huge bbs and feeling EXHAUSTED I am otherwise pretty normal. This is both good and bad. Good becuase I hate puking with a capitol H, and bad becuase I am worried that my lack of symptoms = something wrong. I guess I have to stop listening to the old wives tales and keep repeating "every pregnancy is different, every pregnancy is different ...." My first appointment is in exactly a week from today.. the waiting is AGONY!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from happy2bpg. Show happy2bpg's posts

BTW, Kaydo - you poor thing.   Pile on the pregnancy symptoms, huh??   And do not feel bad at all about wearing DH's boxers, I was rooting around in my own DH's dresser last night for something to wear!!   

Vase - I am with ya on hating puking thing!!!   I mean, I guess no one really likes it but I honestly have some sort of anxiety issue around the idea of puking (which makes flu season in school real fun!!).   And, like you, I did not have ANY m/s sickness, just that awful exhaustion.   Don't worry that something is wrong and just go with it.  

Kiwigal - I think it's really cute that you and DH both got teary during your class/tours.    It's really fun to see how DH has reacted to everything along the way.    I can't wait to see what labor and delivery are like.   BTW, this is funny, he actually asked me a couple of weeks ago if I thought I could at least try and be a little nice to him while I am in labor!!!!     He cracks me up!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

yesterday at my DA (after sitting over an hour in the waiting room) ... dr said that my blood pressure is starting to creep up and that I've gain a few more pounds since the last visit 2 weeks ago. So they drew more blood & urine to send to the lab and took my blood pressure again.

I have had a lot of stress in the past 2 weeks and I have been working a full schedule and the Dr told me to try & rest more. We'll see how things are next week at my appointment, unless she calls me beforehand to tell me my lab results weren't good. I'm not too worried though - and will definitely try to relax more.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

I'm enjoying reading everyone's updates, good luck to all of you.

Vase, I never had any morning sickness either!  just very tired, and even that only went from about 7-10wks.  in hindsight, I think my appetite was a little different, things didn't always sound appealing, but it might have been more because I was so tired.  I could always eat fine, just didn't always feel like preparing food or figuring out what to eat.  now I am almost 18wks and feel pretty much normal.  so, while it's easier said than done, don't worry! (I worried about it constantly and every time someone asked how I was feeling I would be reminded to worry again!)  really - lack of morning sickness does not mean anything is wrong.  I also always had a weird fear of throwing up and will avoid it at all costs - maybe that mental state helps :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

I had my one day birthing class this weekend. Unfortunately I didn't learn really anything that I didn't already know from reading in a book or online, but it was good for my husband. The tour of Winchester's maternity floor was also good - although I was a bit disappointed by how small the post-partum rooms are, my friend gave birth at South Shore and the rooms were much bigger.

Sections
Shortcuts