It's a girl, but no pink please!?! Help!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Re: It's a girl, but no pink please!?! Help!

ML - do they have a registry?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KEK. Show KEK's posts

I was in both Baby Gap and Old Navy recently and they both had quite a few non-pink baby girl clothes.  I bought a really cute green and white sundress and matching shoes for less than $20 at Old Navy.  I will be giving this as a gift to a coworker.  Although they didn't ask for non-pink I agree that pink is sometime overdone.  It's nice to have other options.

My daughter is much older now, but I never had a problem finding appropriate "basic" clothes for her.  Of course, by about the time she was four, all she wanted to wear was pink.  Sequins or sparkles was an added bonus! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

could you go the unisex route and buy something yellow or green?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Light purple/lilac/lavender is a good alternative color that I think often gets overlooked.  Doesn't scream "I'm a girl!" the way pink does, but it's not a color most people would put on their sons either.  And, of course, there's always greens and yellows.  BRU should have a decent selection of non-pink clothes. 

I will say that I HATE pink.  Hate it, hate it, hate it, but almost all of my daughter's clothes have some pink in them.  When strangers repeatedly walk up to you in stores, at the park, etc. and ask if she's a boy or a girl on days when she isn't wearing pink, it can get on your nerves.  It's easy to put a dress on her or a girly hat (ribbons, bows, etc.), but my experience is that only a few very oblivious older men will ask the boy or girl question if she's wearing an abundance of pink.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Newborn top @ target
    TShirt and Onsie @ target
    4piece gift set comes in many colors @ target
    Onsie gift pack @ target

If one or both parents to be are into geek things I highly recommend Think Geek's website

It does seem very daunting at first, my sister was like this.  And she didn't mind if it had some pink in it but she did not want pink to be the predominate color.  Good luck in your search.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I love that "Think Geek" website, thanks Scorpio!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hot-tomato. Show hot-tomato's posts

I'm surprised the two stores you mention didn't have anything that wasn't pink -- those would have been my first suggestions for non pink stuff (I've successfully shopped both those stores for that)! Failing that, have you tried Old Navy? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Babies R Us has a lot of yellow and green accented clothes, at least they did last time I was there about 6 months ago.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

Babies R Us has some very cute girl clothes in white, grey, black and white, yellow and orange, etc. I was there last night and they had a ton of cute stuff...

I bought DD the MOST ADORABLE white and lime green summer outfit...She will probably only wear it once without ruining it, but it's worth it :)

I was the same way in the beginning, I didn't want all pink, but pretty much everything DD wears on a regular basis is pink...I think it gets easier when they're a little older to move away from that though. And yes, strangers would come up to me routinely and ask if it was a boy or girl, her in pink and ears pierced. Go figure!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hahahaha I thought the link said Think GREEK so when I looked at the items I couldn't figure out what was Greek about them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Old Navy, just look under boys newborn - get red, light blue,  both nice on girls.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Maybe navy or black with red or tartan/plaid accents (think little dress with matching hat?); or steer away from clothes and get go blanket/toy/burpies/cloth diapers (if they plan to use them).  Another idea I have seen is a basket of assorted things such as washing liquid,  l!ngerie bag (for washing little socks in), bottle cleaner/sanitizer  (and maybe something nice for mom like some lotion)- practical things that mom may not be thinking about, but will need.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Your welcome Poppy.  I personally own a few of the Tshirts....the chocolate molecule, the I <3 my geek, and the Self Rescuing Princess Shirt among other things.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

If you want to look online, Hannah Anderson has some great stuff. Lots of primary colors and fun patterns. They can be a bit pricey, but I've gotten some good deals on sale items. Boden is another company that has more "funky", non-traditional kids clothes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, Fram!  I thought the same thing at first!  (We lost Reply, again?)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

I'd check Carter's or Kohl's.  Cherry's are apparently very big this year so you should be able to find red.  Also, The Children's Place or Gymboree.  You might be able to find a good sale at either of those places.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

How about a gift card?

I find Koh;s a good place to get a variety of kids stuff, and Sears also (both have awesome end of season sales several times per year)

My DD had a blue and white outfit when she was an infant, complete with ruffles on the pants and floweres on the shirt - which looked awesome with her pale skin and blue eyes, but she'd invariably get mistaken for a boy - go figure!

I agree that purple is easy enough to come by, little girl jeans (Gap and Childrens Place have lots) are easy enough to choose something non pink to go with it.

Also, just steer away from clothes!  Books, toys, etc. for now and for later (they move thru the stuff fast when they're little!)

Lastly, I think that was a really odd thing to put in a shower invite :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Get them a diaper champ instead!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

Hey, I wanted to recomend the Love'd Baby line of clothes.  The colors are great and they have all the essentails.  I especially LOVE the sleeveless onesies which are great for the super sticky summers we have here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

just wanted to add that you can never go wrong with those big packs of plain white cotton onesies.

Sections
Shortcuts