January Pregnancy!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Re: January Pregnancy!

How is everyone doing today? I'm home from work early because I am coming down with the nasty cold that is going around our office. Just wanted to check in and say hi! I'm off to try to sleep for a little bit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

In Response to Re: January Pregnancy!:
    How is everyone doing today? I'm home from work early because I am coming down with the nasty cold that is going around our office. Just wanted to check in and say hi! I'm off to try to sleep for a little bit.
    Posted by lizinboston

Hope you feel better- nasty things are going around. I teach and at least 3-4 of my students wer dismissed sick today...I keep the  sanitizer handy!

I had a moment this AM where the pair of pants I planned to wear were no where NEAR zipping or buttoning...time to go shopping.

I started a prenatal yoga class last night. After doing kripalu yoga for years, I deemed it yoga for wimps (lol) I'm sure in a few months I'll be thankful for its ease and gentleness though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Poppy - I am due 8/11!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Rama - :)

Liz - is this your first pregnancy cold/sickness?  If so, be warned... they last FOREVER when you're pregnant!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Rama - :) Liz - is this your first pregnancy cold/sickness?  If so, be warned... they last FOREVER when you're pregnant!
    Posted by poppy609

Ugh!  No kidding!  I have been congested the whole time.  Granted, I had bronchitis and sinusitis when I found out, so I am far better off than I was, but it is like the cold that never goes away! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Poppy, it is. I am sitting in my bed trying to get some work done on my laptop. At work I was literally falling asleep at my desk and am achey all over :(

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Just got back from the ultrasound and it went great.  LO looks great, so crazy how big it's grown in the past few weeks.  The LO has inherited stubbornness from one of it's parents and wouldn't let us see it's face so we ended up having to do a 3D ultrasound so the tech could get the pictures she needed. Also, it's apparently not shy about it's privates, the tech ended up having to tell us to close our eyes because LO's legs were wide open! 

Here's a look...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

WOW, clc! What are those floaty parts above the head? Is that part of the baby?!

Why do I feel like your time is flying by and mine is slow as a snail? haha

Oh also, and I don't really need to worry about this yet, but where are you all or those who already have LO's, where did you get your crib? I really like Pottery Barn Kids, but they are pretty pricey. Anyone get their crib at Babies R Us? What are some good brands? I am kind of psycho about crib safety seeing that they always have recalls on them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Liz.  I ended up with an awful cold prior to Christmas that resulted it me being placed on antibiotics.  Hopefully you don't get to that point but if after a few days you're worse rather than better I would call your PCP.

Poppy, 8 weeks already? I feel like you got your BFP last week.  Almost through the first tri, congrats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

WOW, clc! What are those floaty parts above the head? Is that part of the baby?! Why do I feel like your time is flying by and mine is slow as a snail? haha
    Posted by lizinboston

You know what, I have no clue!  I assume it's some hands and the umbilical cord but I'm totally guessing right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Poppy and Clc, congrats on your good ultrasounds!

Liz and all the fellow cold-stricken ladies -- Feel better! Poppy speaks the truth. I was laid up with a cold all weekend over New Year's and am still super-congested and my ears are blocked. Usually my colds are one day and done. Ugh!

Liz - We bought our crib from the Baby Furniture Warehouse in Reading (they have a Braintree location, too -- can't remember where you live). They have an outlet with some good discounts out back and generally offer good prices. We've been happy with our experience so far, though we have yet to get our crib. It came in almost immediately but we've had to hold off on delivery because we're getting water damage in baby's room fixed. Tip if you do go there -- do one browsing trip and ask a salesperson a few questions, but don't buy. When we left from our first trip there, the salesguy stopped us on the way out and gave us a 10% off coupon. We came back and ended up saving about $40 on the crib.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

clc - so cool!!  Look at that adorable nose! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

FMLA will not cover you until you actually have the baby, so I didn’t want to use up my sick/vacation time if I felt well enough to go to work.  Posted by poppy609

I'm not sure that is true.  Maybe it depends on the employer?  I was put on bedrest, so I had to go on leave about a week before DD was born.  Technically that first week was sick time while I waited for STD to kick in, but it was still part of my 12 weeks of FMLA.

Liz - Baby Bargains was really helpful for choosing a crib - lots of info about manufacturers.  There was one crib I liked at Babies R US that ended up having a D rating in the book, but they had other good brands.
    We got our crib at the Baby Furniture Warehouse that Arcain mentioned.  Just a note that the Braintree location doesn't have a clearance room.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Add me to the pregnant ladies with a cold club - boo!  and to top it off I have viral conjunctivitis to go with it.  So not only am I miserable, congested, and coughing ... my eyes are bright red and I can't wear my contacts until this clears up.  So hoping this passes before I go into labor.  One of my irriational obsessions is making sure that no one at the hospital is going to make me wear my glasses while I'm in labor as I really much more prefer my contacts ... but now it might be a moot point. 

Like others I've been congested for weeks and just chalked it up to extra mucus from being pg ... but yesterday it became a full cold and the itchy eyes really set in. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Omg, clc, that ultrasound picture is amazing! I love that you're not finding out the sex; that's a fun surprise to have. I'm way too neurotic to do that, lol. Do you have an inkling either way of whether it's a boy or girl?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Congrats Poppy and clc on good ultrasounds!!!  Cute picture clc! I too can't believe you are 8 weeks poppy!

Liz sorry about the cold...it stinks when you can't medicate!

We got our bedroom furniture at Baby Furnture Warehouse in Reading.  We had a great experience there.  We went in the first time just to look around with no real intention of buying anything because I knew it would overwhelming.  We looked, took pictures of ones we liked, including bedding we liked.  The people were great, didn't bug us at all.  Delivery was great and we had them put it together when they delivered it and that was great too.  It took the 12 weeks they said it would which was fine but keep that in mind if you order from there.  Not sure about other places.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Congratulations on the u/s for both clc and poppy
    clc - looks like baby's legs at the bottom flexed so you are seeing the knee on the bottom one and then a hand at the top.

Count me in with the cold.  At least I did not get the vomiting that my DD and DH had over the weekend - at least not yet!

21 weeks today!

tc - I like to focus on the benefits of whatever I have to do.  So, I bet your bladder will come out better than mine after pushing a 9 lbs 8 ounce baby out!  Plus, there are the perks to scheduling!  When are you having the section?

I will be interested in knowing if you have the same experience as me.  In the beginning EVERYONE said, Oh she looks like your husband.  I was surprised at how right everyone was.  Now it is more mixed.  In fact, she looks just like the donor at her age.  I really don't care at all because I think she is cuter than any egg I could have given. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

In Response to Re: January Pregnancy! : I'm not sure that is true.  Maybe it depends on the employer?  I was put on bedrest, so I had to go on leave about a week before DD was born.  Technically that first week was sick time while I waited for STD to kick in, but it was still part of my 12 weeks of FMLA.
    Posted by framerican51008

Maybe you're right.  We have "codes" for the type of time we're taking if we're out of work, and when I submitted the FMLA "sick time" code for the couple of days I was out before DD was born it was rejected and my FMLA didn't kick in until DD's bday.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Boston - I had the same obsession with wearing my contacts!  As it turned out, I went into serious labor around midnight, after having already taken my contacts out for the night, so I ended up wearing my glasses anyway in the end.  It's funny what we worry about, though.  :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

luck- i remember reading once that babies, right after birth, do resemble fathers more. some type of evolutionary "don't reject me" baby thing.  DS did look just like his dad at birth- but now has more my side of the family's eyes.  However, the pale Irish skin and enormous feet still clearly identify him as DH's. oh- and seriously, the kid has blue eyes. DH's are green, mine are brown. sometimes, I am worried we will get a call from BWH saying we took the wrong one home, although he was so big he could have eaten all of the other kids in the nursery at that point... pretty easy to distiguish as mine.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

ps- not sure how much people were looking to spend, but i just got an email from pottery barn that they are having a clearance , including baby furniture and bedding

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks, all. We were thrilled to see the LO again.  Kind of sad that it's our last scheduled ultrasound though.

WPP - I was thinking girl all along but yesterday at one point the tech said "he" and of course I can't get that out of my mind.  I guess we'll know in June!  Although, DH and I both admitted last night that we kind of wanted to know once we were in the ultrasound.  I'm glad neither of us said anything because I think we would have given in.  Now that the time has passed I don't regret not knowing.  Did others feel this way too?

We are starting to think about registering and I'm thinking of a combination of BRU and Amazon.  Where did everyone else register?

Finally, this past weekend my MIL randomly asked if I was going to breastfeed.  My immediate response was "well that's sort of a personal question, but yes that's my plan." I'm a fairly private person and sitting in the living room with my DH and FIL was not where I wanted to discuss that topic.  And she went along talking about breastfeeding and all of the great benefits and her experience until my DH finally chimed in that she was making us all uncomfortable. Luckily that got her to stop but there was so awkward silence for awhile after.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

CLC, we didn't find out with DD, and while there were times during the pregnancy that I kind of wished I had, there was nothing better in the world than hearing my husband tell me we had a little girl!  Now with #2, we're planning on the surprise again. 

It's a surprise whenever you find out!  One of my good friends found out with both of her kids, but never told anyone...so it - and the names - were a surprise to everyone else.  I know I couldn't keep that secret! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pittftw. Show pittftw's posts

Congrats on your u/s clc and poppy!

Just got back from my 37 week appt. They did a NST since baby's heart rate was a little high when they first measured it, but after 20 minutes on the monitor things looked fine. I was secretly hoping for lots of contractions to show up and have them send me to L&D, but no such luck today.

Got my boppy pillow yesterday. It's very comfortable - much better than stacking 4 pillows around myself - but I can't say I slept any more soundly through the night. Oh well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc4321. Show jc4321's posts

I've been reading everyone's 2012 posts and am glad that everyone is well! I just got the results of our integrated screening this a.m and am relieved to learn that everything seems to be great! We have our 18 week ultrasound in about 10 days, and I can't wait to see the LO again. Unlike you, CLC, we are finding out the sex (hopefully!). Although it must be so fun to be surprised, too.

Sections
Shortcuts