January Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: January Updates

Someone reminded me that I had better file our taxes before the baby gets here.  Blah!  Don't they know I'm a procrastinator??  I need more than the 3 weeks' time between receiving all the paperwork and the baby's due date.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Fram do you use Turbo Tax? It is so easy - I already have all our info entered in, I am just waiting on our W-2's to do the income part, which it can import now so you don't even have to type it in.

Literally it can take less than an hour, and they can do direct deposit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I do use Turbo Tax.  Good idea - I didn't think of entering everything I can now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I second TT.  It takes an hour if you have average finances, and you have your refund in days if you ask for it to be direct deposited.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I like that you can do it all online now, you don't have to go out and buy the software/bother with a CD - and it remembers you so you don't have to bother importing past returns for data entry either and hten you can just save your returns to a PDF to keep on file.

Can't wait til this time next year, our returns will be really fun. $$$ :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Doesn't it cost extra for TT to remember you, though?  Yup, I really am that cheap LOL.  Maybe not this year!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Hmmm...I don't think so...but then again I haven't made it to that step yet and last year was the first time I used it online vs buying it at the store so I guess I'll find out. :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Not that I recall; once you have a tt username and password, you just keep logging in as many times as you want and resuming your work.  BUT, I'll give the disclaimer that I haven't used it in a couple of years so it could have changed.  (My DH always has had his taxes prepared by the same person and prefers it that way.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I've used it the past 2-3 years.  I'm pretty sure I've re-entered all of my/our info each year because I was too cheap to pay the extra amount to automatically fill it in.  I don't think it was much - I just figured it wasn't that difficult to re-do it.  Like I said, though, I may be singing a different tune this year ;o)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

ajuly - I feel the same way about my wedding ring and e-ring.  I look really young and I'm sure most people assume that I'm a teenager when I'm not wearing them. 

lil sprout - my husband will be away on my birthday too!  and valentine's day.  bummer but as someone pointed out to me, better he's away for those things than the labor and delivery!  but of course, i'm still annoyed! :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

So today I have been feeling a constant nagging pain in my left abdomen, has anyone else had this feeling?  At some points it is very painful, though mostly annoying.  It feels better when I lay down than sitting up.  I called my dr's office though they didn't seem too concerned, said it's probably the baby moving higher up and irritating the tissues and muscles.  It still worries me though.  

Regarding TT, I too enter my data each year.  My company is sending us our W-2's electronically this year and they say that we can automatically upload the data to tax software so I am going to try that.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

RE: TT I think if you do the 1040EZ which I believe is free then they might not remember your info.  It has remembered our stuff for several years. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

that may be the difference  - I've never used the EZ.

wed, I have had so many nagging pains in various places...as far as I know they are completely normal. If it doesn't get better and you want reassurance, see if you can get in to see the doctor for peace of mind.

I have been sleeping really weird the last few nights, like waking up finding myself really stretching hard - last night I actually think I temporarily hyperextended my knee or something...it woke me up b/c it hurt so bad, I have no idea what happened.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Silver, I've been having weird sleeping prob. too, arms still falling asleep, drooling (fun!) and last night I couldn't sleep on my left side because if felt like I pulled a muscle. 

Anyone been to Byoga in Melrose for prental yoga classes. I just started going, wondering if any of you were there!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

SLP - DH has mentioned 2 ski trips recently - one on 2/19 and one on 2/20.  I'm due 2/22.  At first I said sure whatever, just don't pay in advance in case you need to back out... But then I thought about it and said, There is a very real chance you would miss the birth of your daughter, so you had better skip those!

I am in such a weird place right now... I have this list of things I'd like to get done before the baby arrives, but within the past week or so it has become so unimportant.  I guess I have a new perspective.  If she were to arrive and we didn't have those things done it would be fine, so who cares!  One thing I'd really like to do is order the crib mattress, but even that doesn't really matter since she won't be in the crib for at least a few weeks.

We went to childbirth class this weekend.  Most of the women seemed really concerned about the pain and pain management.  It made me realize I'm not nervous about it (yet).  I'm actually kind of excited to see how I handle this incredible event.  Don't get me wrong - I'm not deluding myself into thinking it will be easy.  I'm just rolling with it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: January Updates:
    [QUOTE]RE: TT I think if you do the 1040EZ which I believe is free then they might not remember your info.  It has remembered our stuff for several years. 
    Posted by rysmom[/QUOTE]

Yes, that might be it - I wasn't able to use the EZ, either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I have been wanting to try it! I can't ever bring myself to pay the $15 drop-in fee because I'm afraid I'll like the class a lot and then I'll end up paying it every week...how do you like it? Maybe I'll give in and try it one of these Saturdays..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I'm beating a dead horse with my crib mattress thread, but I could really use some thoughts...

How did you find one that fit your crib??  I saved EIGHT mattresses into my cart on BRU.com and only 2 of them would fit my crib, if the dimensions are accurately listed.  And actually, I think those 2 are 1/4 inch too narrow, but that is better than an inch too wide.  They're also the cheapest of the ones I liked which is good and bad.  Might not be the best quality.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Hi guys,

I had a doctors appt today.. apparently I could go anytime now and he said he would be surprised to see me at my appt next Monday.  I don't want to get my hopes up or get myself too nervous yet... but I can't help it.  he said i was just over 2 cm dilated and 90% effaced... there was definitely blood on his gloves too which he says is the mucus plug...  I know it could be mean i could be like this for another week or it could mean 24 hours.  I just wish I knew more.  as of last Wednesday I was only 1 cm dilated and he didn't even mention effacement.  He said he dropped too since Wednesday and it was just a waiting game now...

I could meet this little boy this week by the sounds of it... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Fram -- can you call the crib company and ask them what size mattress to get? Our ikea crib and mattress are designed to go together, but there is a small gap between the mattress and the bars. The mattress fits into a base. So if I measured the width between the bars and from headboard to footboard, it would seem that the mattress is too small.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Jan - So exciting!!  Best wishes and keep us posted!!

Lemon - The instructions for the crib give minimum dimensions for the mattress.  It has to be at least 27 1/4" wide for example and no more than 6 inches thick.  I forget the length.  I just remembered that Poppy has the same crib, so I'm going to check the dimensions on the mattress she recommended...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Fram, is your crib from BRU?  If it is and is on display, could someone help you test these different mattresses in it? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Silver-I actually really like it. It's not real exercise perse but you can connect with other moms in the area and work on your breathing which is impt. for labor. My first class we didn't do much that I could feel. But last class we did some squats and stuff and that felt good!   I bought a 5 class pack. I don't belong to a gym right now so I feel like the 15/week is worth it.

Fra- I am really stupid and I hope that my mattress fits! I ordered a crib mattress months ago, I don't even think I have the receipt. I am waiting on the crib right now. It better fit!! eeeek!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

argh. I just replied to fram's crib thread. Stop messing with me, fram!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maple76. Show Maple76's posts

Jan - How exciting! Good luck... I'm sending positive thoughts!

Fram - Did our paths cross again? I also went to a childbirth class at BIDMC this weekend (Sunday). I'm right there with you in not being freaked out... In fact I'm very confident that I can handle it.

If any of you are interested the Prepared Childbirth class through Isis is excellent! Thanks to these boards and my books, I knew most of what was covered. But the class was very good for DH! He has a much better idea of what to expect.