June - Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Re: June - Pregnancy

KAM- I thought you were not supposed to either.  They made sure I did not even have coffee that morning. 

I'll jump on the I love maternity pants.  I was wearing them before I even had to with this pregnancy, they are just so comfy.  I dont really have any bottoms to wear in this weather so I am going to have to go through my closet and find somethign to wear for work tomorrow. It is going to feel like 110, holy crap.

AFM-Approaching 34 weeks.  Still sweating even sitting in my ac house.  I think I have sweat off every pound I have gained :-) wouldnt that be great.  Other than that I feel great.  The little guy is moving around like crazy still and I can feel different body parts which I love.  I have an appt tomorrow.  I dont forsee too much.  I will say this week I have been having tons of contractions.  On and off, and def when I am doing too much so I have to slow down.  I got all the clothes washed and the car seat cover washed so that is ready. I think we are pretty much ready for this baby to arrive. I just have to buy a new bouncy seat, and get my swing and bassinett from my sister.   I just figure my husband can get that stuff while I am in the hospital.  Funny the first time around I think I already had all this stuff set up. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Wed- I agree with others to wait to get the nursing bras. I would purchase some sleep bras for now which you'll use more anyway. I used sleep bras in the hospital and for the first week or so at home before I got a real nursing bra. I used nursing tanks too.  DS is 7 weeks and I JUST bought a structured nursing bra, all the others were the soft material..   Also if you're looking for some cheaper options for sleep bras than the $20 medela ones, I just got two from Burlington Coat Factory..Lamaze brand 5.99 each! They're great!   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Thanks for the tips on the nursing bras, I will have to take a look at Target again this weekend.  I can keep the ones I have and always return them after they if they don't fit.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Just wanted to share that Old Navy is running an Online Only 20% discount for all maternity clothes through midnight tonight.  The discount code is ONLADIES20.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Oh shoot, am I supposed to wash the car seat cover?  Probably...  I'll get on that.  (Although I'm now convinced this kid isn't showing up any time soon.  I can tell it's so happy in there and has no interest in leaving.) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Lil- I dont think I washed it when it was new mostly because DD was born in winter and we used the bundle me.   It has been in the garage since DD used it so that is why I put it through the wash.  The directions on mine just said to put it on delicate cycle and drip dry.  I put it outside and it dried in no time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Ok, good...thanks quad! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Sprout, I didn't wash my car seat cover yet either.  I had good intentions too, though when we set it up last weekend, it looked complicated to put the straps back through and I didn't want to have to worry about it not being put back together in case the baby decided to make an early arrival.  

I go to the dr today, hopefully she can give me some idea of timing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

I didn't wash the var seat cover with #1, but, like Quad, I will before it gets used with #2.

Good luck Wed!  I never once had an internal until I got to the hospital with #1.  So I guess every doc is different.

So I got confirmation on the schedule of my repeat c-sec - 8/8/11!  One of my Chinese friends tells me that's a very lucky date.  8 is lucky for the Chinese so 2 8s are doubly lucky.  That makes me super excited!  I mainly scheduled it then because it's a Monday so we can have DD in daycare during my whole hospital stay.  DH will most likely be with her for the nights.  We've never had anyone look after her overnight and I don't think we're quite ready to either.  It will be weird not to have him with me though!  Now, I just hope this baby sticks to schedule.  DD didn't - she came about 1.5 weeks early! 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  We're off to NYC for one of my cousins' baby shower.  She's due the day after me also with a boy!  We're so excited!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Happy Friday everyone!

I think I have my first weird pregnancy symptom...
    I am getting sharp, searing pain that goes from my wrist to my elbow whenever I stretch my left arm (like to tie my shoes, pick something up, or even when reaching up to hug DH).  But it doesn't hurt to use the muscles.  My grip strength is fine, and there is no pain in my thumb or fingers.  So I don't think it's carpal tunnel (which I knew could be pg-related) - unless carpal tunnel can affect your forearm without affecting your hand/fingers.  The pain is goes along a very distinct line from the inside of my wrist to the top of my arm, ending somewhere near my elbow.  I'm thinking it is just a tendon that is being affected by weird hormones? 

Did anyone else get this or know of it happening to someone?  I feel weird calling my doc about strange arm pains, but I'm not really sure what to do about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krystabel. Show Krystabel's posts

Happy Friday everyone!!

Good news today!  I finally got up the nerve to talkt o my boss abotu taking a 12 week maternity leave (I'll have been with the company less than a year when I deliver so I'm not protected under FMLA only MMLA which is 8 weeks) and he said yes he thinks that 12 weeks is only fair!  Yahoo!!!! I am so happy about this I was really sweating asking him about it.

...Not great news ... the company my husband has worked for for 18years is going out of business so we will be loosing our great medical coverage and switching to the health insurance at my company with is mediocre at best and my currect OB provider is out of network.  so that is something I need to figure out how to deal with. 

... but at least I know I'll have a full maternity leave with my LO!  I am very happy and focusing on that!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krystabel. Show Krystabel's posts

Oh, About the due date of 8/8 - good luck!! :-)  it sounds like a cool day ... I am due Sept 3rd, but the US said the baby was measuring small so it could be later... Unless I am so uncomfortable I can't stand it , I am personally hopign for a due date of 9/10/11 - I think that would be pretty cool! :-)  ... I wonder if it is lucky according to Chinese numerology?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Bostongrl - yes!  I totally forgot that I had that!  I got shooting pains, primarily in the morning.  Definitely when I would reach for things.  It only lasted a few weeks...  I think I attributed it to sleeping funny because my hands would always fall asleep in the middle of the night, so I think I must have been squashing the nerve in my sleep.  It eventually went away.  If it's really bothersome, it wouldn't hurt to call. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Wed - I thought the same thing about putting it back together after.  Since I was washing that I also took advantage of washing the three convertible car seats we have for DD so I had them all apart.  When they were all dry it was pretty easy putting them all back together.  It is pretty easy.

I went to the doctor yesterday. Ill be 34 weeks tomorrow.  I have one more 2 weeks appt then every week.  Next appt I will have the strep test then internals every week after that.   I cant wait to meet this baby boy.  I wonder all the time what he is going to look like.  Will he look like DD, who resembles dad with her looks and light skin, and has my dark hair or will she look more like me.  

I was thinking yesterday even though I have had nearly perfect pregnancies there are many differeance with this one.  With DD My heartburn was so bad, this time, basically nothing.  I dont feel hicupps this time, I dont have that dark line on my belly this time, and finally so far I am hardly swollen and with DD I had a lot and that was in January.  I find it hard to beleive with the heat it has not been bad. 

Hoping the last 6 weeks go by quickly!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Thanks sprout!  Maybe I'll give it a few more days before I call.  I was warned that round ligament pain could start ... but never expected my arm ligaments to act up. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

That's awesome Krystabel!  It would be so sad to not even have the option of 12 weeks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Krystabel, check with your insurer...I think that they have to cover your out-of-network provider if you're into your third trimester when you switch insurance.  We almost went through a similar issue, so I did some research but ended up not needing it.  Definitely worth asking about!   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krystabel. Show Krystabel's posts

thanks luvriboy.  do you think our current insurance should cover it or the new insurance that we are switching to?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Luv can correct me if wrong, but I think she means that your new insurance would be required to treat your OB as an in-network doc if you are already in your 3rd tri.  ie. the coverages/copays etc would be equivalent to an in-network doc even though they technically aren't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

So, I am officially over it. I am 36.5 weeks and reallllly hoping baby comes soon. I keep getting what I think are contractions (much lower down and more painful than BH have been) and today just can't get comfortable, no matter what I do - sitting, standing, walking... it is all awful!
    Oh, and I just saw some pictures of me from last weekend, good God, despite everyone telling me how great I look, I seem to have morphed in to the elephant woman and have multiple chins!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Bostongrl, that's exactly what I meant.  We were potentially switching from BCBS to United and I was panicked b/c NONE of my docs were covered in network, but there was a clause in there that they would cover if I was at or beyond a certain point in pregnancy.  I think we changed insurance 3-4 times while I was pregnant, between job changes, company buyouts, and a layoff, so I was all over those exception clauses!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krystabel. Show Krystabel's posts

Thank you Bostongrl & luvRIboy!  That would be REALLY great!  We will be going from Tuffs (which is reall great) to United health care ... It would really suck to have to either change providers or pay 40% of my prenatal care and delivery/hospital stay (which is outof network coverage).  I really hope you are right ... I'll check with UHC on Monday.

Prill - sorry you are so uncomfortable!  I am only 28 weeks (tomorrow) and I feel really uncomfortable from time to time ... I am tryin to imagine what it will be like in another 8-10 weeks.  Yikes.  Not sure if it would help you, but I ice my hip sometimes when it is uncomfortable and that helps ... maybe if you ice the areas that hurt it would help?  ... lol that may require an ice bath, but it is just a thought.... 

Thank you Fram!  :-)  Yes I am really excited not to have to fight for the 12 weeks!  

...I also have 3 weeks vacation which I need to use by the end of the year ... trying to figure out if I dare say I want to use that time after the 12 weeks to stretch out the leave or if I should just use it during my leave to get the pay.  I think I should at least save some of the days to use in case the baby or I get sick when I come back.

Thank God (or Boston.com) for these boards!  You ladies are so helpful!  Thank you for all the support and advice! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Well, my dr was unexpectedly out today and the covering dr did not do an exam.  I didn't really like her though and am looking forward to my own dr next week! 

Prill, I am so with you!  One of the reasons I didn't like the dr. today is that she told me I would most likely go late.  She has never met me before, did not do an exam except to measure my uterus and she made that comment.  I don't think I would mind as much if I hadn't pulled that muscle in my back, a week later and I am still in pain.  I am resigned that it won't go away until after I deliver at this point.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CookieM. Show CookieM's posts

So much going on!  Congrats, Benice.  How great to have your LO here!  Welcome Boston.  Trouble, sorry to hear that the GD presented itself.  Don't beat yourself up, you've already said you've got a healthy diet.  Plus, your LO will get a little extra attention before the big arrival. 

Sprout, Prill, Wed:  So close!  I'm so looking forward to the light at the end of the tunnel.

AFM, 33 weeks today.   I've been on a 2 week US schedule for months.  Last week, they told me 4 lbs, 11 oz, up 10 oz from two weeks prior.  I, coincidentally LOST two lbs in the same time, dropping my grand total to about 7 lbs gained.  No one's concerned, so that's good.  Very much looking forward to having him here, but I do want him to hold out 'til after I'm done with weekly chemo (July 13- whoo hoo, can't come soon enough!).  DH won't let me wash any bedding/clothes, even though we set up the furniture.  He's still pretty anxious, despite the fact that the little guy looks fine.  I may just have to override him by the weekend.  But, we should have the sheets and t-shirts/onsies ready, just in case he shows up early, no?  Oh, and no US next appt.  They're done worrying about my short cervix.  I know it's backwards to look forward to NOT having an US, but these appointments have been making me nuts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Cookie, glad to have an update from you!  I can't blame you for not looking forward to the ultrasound - I am sure you just want a simple visit to the doctor at this point! 

Well, I'm officially overdue... so I'm just waiting...!!!  Really hoping baby comes before we start talking induction!  Hoping the full moon on Wednesday helps!

Sections
Shortcuts