June updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Re: June updates

Congrats Stefani!  That is fun news!  Why choose - have both and one of each!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

I just want to say congrats to everyone!  First time posting and have to say it has been so helpful reading the message boards especially about classes, nurseries, doctor questions, etc...  I'm 28 weeks today and just loving being pregnant.  We had a hard time getting to this point and every day I am just so grateful.  So thanks to all of you for all of your wonderful information!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Did any of you have luck with taking a test before AF was due?  I probably shouldn't, but I'm feeling optimistic this month... and I don't want to wait just to find out I am wrong!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

LLLE -- congratulations! and welcome!

Fram -- I took three pregnancy tests before my period was due, and they all came back negative. I KNEW I was pregnant, so I kept taking them. The one I took the day before my period was due came back negative, but the one I took on the day of was positive. And they were all the early detection type too. So I'd say to hold off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Stefani--I haven't been checking out this thread much lately but I just saw your news.  CONGRATULATIONS!  My husband calls boy/girl twins the "twin jackpot." 

I know it's not what you "planned," and it can be scary to think about, but having twins is really wonderful.  (And here's a secret about twins...as they get older, they actually are easier in some ways than having "just" one, because they entertain each other and play with each other, so you can just sit back and enjoy watching them a lot of the time.) 

Have you joined a mother of twins club yet?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

LLLE - Just wanted to chime in and say welcome. We are very much in the same boat. We also had a hard time getting pregnant and I'll hit 29 weeks tomorrow!

I still look at myself in the mirror 14 times a day and marvel at my pregnant belly, and tell my DH 27 times a day I still can't believe I am pregnant.

Swollen ankles, sore joints, tired and increasingly hard to eat much at one time, but delighted with every bit of being pregnant. So grateful and humbled by the experience.

Hope you will stick around and post often! I've been banned from the internet during this pregnancy (self banned, I don't need to look for stuff to worry about), so I get all my pregnancy and baby info from this forum, and I actually feel pretty prepared!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks for weighing in!  IPW, yes it's our third cycle.  I'm trying not to lose my patience yet, but every month that 2ww feels a little a longer!  I'll try to hold off on testing until at least next week.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Fram - I can't remember, are your cycles pretty regular?  Mine were ALWAYS between 27-29 days ("always" being the months after I went off the pill), so I was VERY strict with myself and refused to take a test until at least day 31.  The ONLY time I ever got to day 31, I tested and got the BFP.  I would not allow myself to think "maybe I'm pg" until I got past day 29.  As all months except the BFP month I didn't get past day 29, I never tested.  But I was really afraid of the BFN (because you can have false BFNs) and didn't want to risk getting it if I could wait...

Anyway - that's how I personally dealt with the wait (everyone deals with it differently).  I found the most helpful thing was to really know my own cycle. 

Fingers crossed for you!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Antimony79. Show Antimony79's posts

Stefani, I'm so excited for you!!!  You guys must be so excited!

Welcome LLLE, I don't post often, but I hope you stick around and chat with us!!

Fram-  I tested two days early and got my +, but that was with an IVF cycle, although I'm sure it shouldn't make a difference.  Fingers crossed for you!!  Hope you join us over here soon.

I've been feeling pretty decent, I've started feeling movement this week, so I'm super excited about that!!  Had my first bout of swollen feet over the weekend, actually it was only foot, which I think I may be getting some sciatic stuff going on because I also had numbness in that leg, but I've been doing good the past couple days.  I had also been having some pain in my upper right abdomin on the side of my belly, my OB sent me for an ultrasound on Monday and my right kidney was slightly inflammed.  I have a follow up next week and will get more details, but no one seemed concerned about it, so I'm just going to wait it out and see what happens.  That has also been feeling better the past couple days as well, so I'm not too worried about it.  On the plus side we got to see our little girl again and she is looking absolutely perfect :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Poppy, I would say mine are somewhere between regular and irregular LOL.  I never miss a period, but my cycles range from 28-35.  They've been 30+ for the past 5-6 months.  I'll try to scuk it up and wait for day 35, but I might give in sooner!!

I was thinking you can't get a false negative so at least if I get a BFN I will know for sure, but Lemon just said she got several!  Seems like nothing is for sure in this process!

Anyway, thanks for the input and I love reading all your updates!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Fram - you definitely can get a false negative early so I do subscribe to Poppy's philosphy too!

Welcome LLLE.  There are a lot of us in the 20's weeks right now. 

AFM - Anyone else dealing with terrible nasal congestion and stuffiness?  Ugh!  I have been dealing with this for months.  My husband says he doesn't remember the last time he heard my voice sound normal. 

I feel like I am going to pop and I know at 21 1/2 weeks I still have a very long way to go.  I don't think I am very big but my abdomen feels tight.  And forget the b*oobs - Really?  Do they need to get bigger still! :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Fram, you can definitely get a false negative...it means that there's not enough of the pregnancy hormone that it can't be detected yet...the hormone levels multiply by the day, so even one day can make a big difference. 

I also usually was between 30-35 days in my cycle, so after a few months of testing at day 30 and being disappointed, I made a deal with myself that I wouldn't even think about the possibilit that I might be pregnant until day 35.  It was still hard, but I wasted a lot fewer tests!

Congrats to Stefani, and welcome to our new ladies!

AFM, had the 18 week ultrasound this week...all is well with the little one!  It was so neat to see the heart and brain, as well as those little hands and feet.  We didn't want to know what we're having, but are relieved to see that everything is growing and developing as it should be!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Welcome, LLLE!  I like your attitude.  :) 

Fram, I KNOW how hard it is, but I recommend waiting to test.  I waited until ten-days post when AF was due.  Admittedly, I had longer cycles (34 days, on average) with a weird "here she comes!!!" spot session at days 28-29, but I figured that a healthy pregnancy would still be there at day 40, whereas testing on day 27 and having it turn out to be a chemical pregnancy might just F with my head.  (this was wisdom gleaned post-MC, naturally).  To be fair, we weren't doing any fertility treatments, so I can't speak to that. 

Stefani, I have to say -- yay, and I'm jealous!  I was kind of thinking that a one-of-each multiple for this pregnancy would be such a wonderfully efficient way to do things.  ;)  What great news! 

Luv, again -- great news!  18 weeks is when, at least for me, it started to sink in that this one was "sticky" and I started to relax a little ... so enjoy! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Fram, you CAN get a false negative (maybe I said "can't" in my post?).  What you CAN'T get is a false positive.  I don't blame you for finding it difficult to wait post-35 days... that is a long time! 

LIL - YES, awful stuffiness.  Sometimes I wake myself up snoring.  Of course, I then blame my DH. :)

Luv - great news!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

GC - 10 days???  You are a saint... or some other entity with great amounts of patience.  I had the same thoughts about not testing before day 35 since it could turn out not to stick.  You've convinced me!

Poppy - I think I just read your post wrong. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Well, ten days post the 28-29 spotting, so 3 days or so post when the Big Show should have commenced (can I just say -- not missing that whole scene each month).  To be fair, we got pregnant RIGHT out of the gate, and I lost that pregnancy.  We took a month off entirely, then kind of half-heartedly "tried" for a couple of months (I was ambivalent about being newly PG over the holidays with our crazy families on Adult Beverage Patrol), then got my BFP in January. 

So some of my "I'm waiting this out" was probably denial and fear of going through a second MC.  Plus, my doctor kept telling me that I'd tested "Really early.  REALLY early," the first go-round, so that kind of got in my head like I'd somehow put myself through this whole MC thing needlessly.  (As if I might have somehow confused my regular if f-d up cycle with a miscarriage at Day 58.  Seriously.  Idiot doctor.)

Anyway, that's my long way of saying that I'm no saint. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

GC - hope you are going to a different doctor now!!  What a b o o b.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Yeah, that was my primary, whom I really liked, otherwise.  I don't need to see her at this point, and will most likely switch now that we don't live in the city. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Ah yes, GC - if you just don't test it isn't a miscarriage.  I agree with Poppy on the b*oob comment!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

Funny about the doctor and testing too early, when I MC before my first and even when I told my mom early (since we were staying with them for 2 weeks) about my second, she kept saying things like "Its nice to miss a couple of periods before you really are pregnant, that's what my Dr always said"  I'm like MOM, that was 35-40 years ago, we can pee on sticks now and find out right away!  (She was trying to convince me it was fine to have a glass of wine at the time...arg!)

Anyway I have big news... we called off our house reno until another year - prices and such weren't so good that it made sense in the middle of having a baby, but the bigger news is that I'm taking some extra time off with kiddo - he's due 8/22 and I am going to stay home until the first of the year!  Yahoo!  I won't be paid of course, but putting the house off offered a certain amount of financial freedom.  Work has been really stressful lately and when my bosses boss (a woman, with grown children) said she thought I was nuts coming back in November I thought, you know, she's right!  I'm missing a bit of an opportunity with a project due in this timeframe work wise, but the reality is, I'd really have to go back even earlier to do it justice... so I chose kiddos over the career opportunity for 4Q 2010 and will take my chances that there will be more some day!  I am so excited!  And thankful to work somewhere that this is an option.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

That's great, canuk!  It's hard to work out maternity leave when you're planning to go back, because you can experience a lot of guilt (at least, that's what I'm finding...).  I'm glad you are able to take that time off and are excited about it! 

Random question: nosebleeds?  Anyone experiencing these?  I've never had them before and now I've gotten them every evening for the last three evenings.  And last night I had a horrible nightmare that I was shot in the head and bleeding out my nose, dying... ugh!  Are nosebleeds some preggo side effect I hadn't heard about?  (I know strange dreams are...)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Hi everyone.  I'm just writing to give a shout out to great health care providers and to unburden after a stressful (but ultimately okay!) day yesterday.
    I am one of the lucky ones who feels a LOT of movement from the little noodle (now at 33 weeks).  Yesterday morning I felt almost none, so I counted and got numbers that might be okay, but were just really out of the ordinary for her -- a drastic change from the previous days.  I called the doctor and they sent me for a non-stress test and everything turned out to be really normal and fine.  It's likely that she just moved to a new position where I can't feel her as well, plus she's kicked it back up again today!
    Here's where the shout out comes in: not only was the nurse at Winchester Hospital so kind, helpful, and good at explaining, but she did the opposite of making me feel like I was wasting their time.  She kept telling me I did the right thing by calling, AND she emphasized that just because it turned out to be nothing, I should not hesitate to call in the future, even if I was concerned about the same thing.  She said that's what they are there for... how nice is that??
    Since everything turned out fine, it actually ended up being a good experience.  Loved the hospital.  Saw how fast my workaholic husband could drop work when needed.  And got some new faith in my ability to stay calm and do what's best for the baby!
    Sorry for the long post!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

ML - I do the same thing with the mirror, it is just so amazing and everytime I feel him (it's a boy) move I just marvel at it!  I also stay away from books, internet etc... too much information out there.  I only seek what I need and only when I need it!  Currently my only complaints are non-pregnancy related - poison ivy from going to 5th grade environmental camp!

IPWbride - thanks! 

My take on the testing early is try to wait. It is so hard, I know. We had out ups and downs with getting negatives and positives that resulted in MC's. It was all from trying on our own and fertility (when I had to test after the 12 days because I could not wait).  This time around was a miracle... we actually took a break for the holidays because they are so hectic anyway and when I didn't get my period I refused to take another test in 2009 and so we tested on January 1 after we woke up.  It was amazing to see "pregnant" because I really did not think we were.  It was really hard to wait but it got me weeks beyond where I had ever been before and I feel now it was worth it to wait.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

I went to my first every two week appointment yesterday and was very excited and happy that my doctor gave me the OK to move over to the midwifery side of the practice. I had wanted to work with a mid-wife all along (feminist historian in me), and really enjoyed my appointments with the midwives so I am very happy and excited.

My bean has turned and is already head down (29 weeks). I asked if this suggested I could go early but they said no.

We also went through very roughly our birth plan and post-natal plan - they asked did I plan on natural child birth (whatever it takes I said, I'm not ruling out any options, but natural is my first choice), did I plan on breast feeding? (Yes) Did we have a pediatrician selected? (Selected- yes, contacted-No). Did we have a car seat? (no) Were we registered for childbirth classes (um, no, not yet), what did we plan on doing for birth control post-natal?  

it was a good kick in the pants regarding everything we need to get done in the next 8-10 weeks. We should have registered for child birth classes at months 4-5, but they managed to squeeze us in to a July class (I'll be the biggest one there!)

If you are in your second trimester - I recommend you register for your classes so you don't have to do any begging (as I did).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

I'll be at Anna Jacques for the birth, god willing. Our class is July 10th. I really wanted to take the classes at AJ so I could increase the likelihood of meeting other new mom's in the area. DON'T WAIT to register!

They do think my bean is going to stay in place for the remainder of my pregnancy, but you never know. Now that I know, I do feel like I'm getting some head butts in my lower pelvis and tickily toes up by my rib cage. What I really want is another ultrasound! It feels like such a long time since I have seen the babe!