June updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Re: June updates

I was looking at these boards quickly as DD semi naps in her boppy next to me.  She hates to be put down so I rarely get to the computer these days.  Anyway..

Glad to hear that everyone is doing so well despite the heat!  I just wanted to post a quick congrats to Fram on the BFP!  You seem like a really nice girl, and I know you'll make a great mom :)

Good luck to everyone else and continue to enjoy it all!  (and don't schedule your spa time too late because your LO might come early and cause you to miss out! :) )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks Trouble!!  It's so exciting.  I can't believe I have to wait weeks before telling anyone else!!  (So I told 2 friends, so what? :o)

Hope everything is going great with you and your family!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Yeah Nene and Fram!!  Congrats to you both. 

Like you Nene I started my maternity this week.  I'm a teacher and school got out last Monday.  Then I had to spend two days packing my room because they decided they are going to move my classroom this summer.  Thank goodness for friends and my husband...packing boxes at 7 1/2 months stinks!!!  Would have taken me all summer!

Anyone ever have to do the 3 hour glucose test?  I missed my 28 week one by a point and now have to take the 3 hour one...yuck!  The thing that is killing me is they told me for 3 days leading up to the test I have to eat 3 additional breads, and fruits and 2 additional dairies a day along with what I normally eat.  I feel like all I am doing is eating!  My appt. next Friday is sure to show a rise in my weight!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

I had to take the 3 hour glucose test, yuck.  Although it was not as bad as I had feared.  I did feel sick to my stomach after the glucose drink, but the nurses and lab people were lovely and kind.  Then I basically got to sit in a reclining chair for 3 hours.  Sounds more relaxing than cleaning out your classroom!  :)
    My only two pieces of advice are (1) take some music with you if you have a way -- it helped me sort of zone out and relax (there may have been a little dozing!), (2) take your partner or someone else great with you.  I brought my husband because I am a big wimp and I always make him go with me to tests, but the technicians said they are always happy to see people have someone to drive them home, even though it's not required.

good luck, and chances are it will be totally fine!  I worried a lot for nothing (surprise, surprise...)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Congrats Nene on finishing the school year and being officially off!  Will you take all next year off, or go back?  I'm missing being a teacher right about now when all of my old colleagues are scheduling lunches and other get-togethers that my work schedule does not allow me to attend!

Had my 24 week appt Friday as well as another u.s. so they could get the rest of the heart views.  Mom and MIL (and DH) came with - under STRICT instructions they MUST look away when the tech said to look away (so as not to risk finding out gender)... they both did very well, I was proud of them - I know it was difficult.  Next visit is GTT - fun stuff.

So I braved the bathing suit challenge while at the Cape this past weekend... Here's what I don't understand - the top is all nice and flowy, obviously thought was put into the design being flattering and comfy with a big belly... then there are the bottoms, which are pretty much regular swimsuit bottoms and waaaaay too tight!  The bean was kicking like crazy trying to get his/her feet free!  I was surprised they weren't made with a little more elasticity so as to just gently hug the belly... After about a hour I changed back into my underwear and threw a skirt on.  Ah well.  Bathing suits have always been the bane of my existance, don't know why I would expect anything different!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from roneil68. Show roneil68's posts

Yay!  We're home with a new baby! (Does that mean I'm off this board??)  Water broke Thurs. morning on my due date @ 8:30am.  Arrived at the hospital at 11:00 already 6cm dialated and then stayed at 6cm for the next 3 1/2 hours.  I had the first 2 w/o an epidural but tried one for this delivery and LOVED it.  For some reason I thought it numbed you but I could still feel every contraction - just without the pain.  Started pushing at 2:10 in the afternoon and the delivery nurse caught her at 2:14!  The delivery was so fast that I don't feel any trauma "down there".  I remember walking bow-legged for a few days after my first 2 but this was a dream.  We came home Saturday morning and we have all been having the best time.  There's nothing like your 10 year old son asking in all seriousness whether or not your milk has come in.  I will be keeping an eye on this board with everyone's updates and wish you all the best of luck and love.  I can't believe that at the age of 42 I am starting all over again but it feels like the most natural thing in the world.  All the best!  Lisa & Kengi O'Neil.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Wow Lisa, congratulations - It sounds like the perfect birth. May we all be so lucky!

Enjoy, and best wishes to your whole family!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congratulations roneil!!  Hope everything continues to go as smoothly.

Poppy, I never knew you used to teach.  I thought I might be a teacher (even started a masters to teach ESL), so it's always a bit of a bummer when my friends are off for the summer!!

AFM, I have no appetite lately.  It's not that I feel sick or nauseous, but I just don't want anything.  I look at the lunch menu and nothing jumps out at me.  I'm sure that will change soon enough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Roneil-Congratulations!  What a quick birth story.  I am hoping for a similiar one ;-) (in terms of the length).  I love it how your oldest is asking those questions.  That's definately a plus of having a big age difference!

LLLE-Good luck with the three hour test.  I didn't have to take it, so I don't have anything else to add but well wishes.  I'm sure it will go well. 

Poppy-I'm not taking the whole year off.  I'm going back between the end of Oct. or the middle of Nov.  DH and I are still trying to figure it out.  As of now, I can't imagine being a SAHM.  I really like what I'm doing and I think I would miss it while on maternity leave.  If it makes you feel any better, I typically have to work the summer program so I know the pain of watching other teachers plan lunch dates and beach trips while I'm still working. 

AFM-I'll be 38 weeks on Wednesday.  Next week, I'll have my cervix checked for the first time.  Since the beginning, I thought I would go a week early.  However, I now feel that the LO will come closer to the due date.  I guess only time will tell.  TMI alert: The nurse told us today that we could speed things along by engaging in a little "sexy" time which DH is more than willing to do.  I told him that I'll agree only after he finished the random house tasks that I want done before LO shows up.  I think that'll motivate him to finish everything Smile

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

Congrats Roneil!  May we all have such efficient deliveries!  All the best to you and your family

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

OMG get this one - I was at the supermarket on Saturday with DD and DH and this lady at the deli basically asked me if I was due that day!  Apparently she is a nurse and was telling her mom that my baby appeared to have dropped into position, and his arrival was imminent - I told her I still had 8 weeks to go, and she was so convinced that she asked if my doc had my dates wrong!

I'm big, and carrying low, but in no way ready for DS to appear!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

canuk- 8 weeks off, I hope she isn't my nurse (assuming you haven't gone into labor since you posted!)

Roneil- congratulations!! what an amazing birth story.  

Nene- do you have a sense of where the line is... where sexy time becomes an encouragement for labor rather than a fun activity?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Roneil - great story!  So glad to hear everything went so smoothly!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Fram - that's how I was the first trimester - I wasn't necessarily nauseous all the time, but there were VERY few foods I wanted to eat.  Went through big chicken fingers phase.  Lots of rice.  Luckily (or not?) that changed in the second trimester.

Nene - it's great that you love your job!  There are times I wish I was still working in schools... but then I remember the reason I left is that it drained so much energy out of me I used to think, "I could never do this and then come home and take care of my own kids!"  So I guess it's good I left!

Canuk - I find it a little unnerving that this deli lady was so interested in your pregnancy that she discussed it with her mom!?  Maybe you're more patient with people than me, but that would have annoyed the heck out of me!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Winter-I think it depends which one of us you ask.  For me, I think it would be all about an encouragement of labor and for my husband a fun activity...He's just in awe of my pregnant body and I honestly can not pretend like I understand it.

Poppy-I totally hear you about the drain!  I feel that way the end of every school year which is why I often become irritated when my non school friends think I have such an "easy" schedule.  I am not a teacher so it may make a difference because I don't have students with me all of the time.  I also work in a HS so they're not as needy as little ones. 

Canuk-I'm always amazed at what people (especially women) say to pregnant women.  I would never say that to a stranger! I think I would have been left speechless! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

Oh- sorry I was unclear nene... talking about hanky panky made me use too many subtle statements... (although great for you that your hubby loves your pregnant body!! I think mine is a bit scary at times)

My actual question: earlier in pregnancy they say that nookie is perfectly fine, doesn't affect the pregnancy or the baby. However, at some point, it becomes a trigger for labor. Does anyone have a clue when that is?  E.g., with less than 5 weeks to go... should the nookie diminish until we are ready to be parents??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Winter-Don't worry.  I think the answer is to ask your ob/gyn or midwife. Every thing I've read said that it should be OK and according to my birthing instructor, everything has to be aligned in order for things to start the laboring process.  I think the nurse only mentioned it today because I'm so close (in weeks).  However, I'm still carrying fairly high so I'm really not sure what, if anything, will jump start the process.  I'll try to remember to include it if it becomes part of my birth story ;-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Congrats Roneil!!!

Test wasn't too bad.  My mom came with me, DH had to work but that's okay.  They take your blood, drink an entire bottle of the gross sugary stuff and then have 3 more blood tests, one every hour.  I'm hoping not to hear anything, as at my Dr's office no news is good news!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Again, I'm sure I'm jinxing myself but no one has said anything particularly stupid to me (I mean, other than my MIL) nor have I been belly groped inappropriately. Guess I should be prepared.

LLLE - I must say, other than the worry it must have caused, I really would not have minded being told to hang around a lie still for 3 hours. Glad the test went well and I hope the results are equally as pleasant!

I took the cloth diapering workshop at Diaper Lab in Somerville Saturday (OK, I had a personal consultation because I showed up a day early) and loved it, we are going to give CD's a shot and loved the store WAY more than BRUS so we registered at Diaper Lab and limited our registry with BRUS.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

IPW... LOL, imagine if I had said "Well, actually, yes I am in labor as we speak, but I thought I'd drag my husband and 2 yo to the store, because I HAD to have a turkey sub before we went to the hospital"

Fun times, fun times...

Speaking of belly rubs, here's one I really didn't mind... 3 kids at my DD's daycare who are in the next class up (so I know them, as they were in the same class for some time) were enroute from playing outside when I arrived yesterday, and they were all "WOW, is there a BABY in there???" and telling me all kinds of stories, asking all kinds of questions, talking a million miles an hour... one of them is also about to get a little brother, so I was telling them that I have a brother for DD in there... so cute!

Hope you're all staying cool out there!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

ML, it is disappointing when you have someone to share it with, but you're on such different pages.  I went through that with my girlfriend when we were planning our weddings at the same time.  We both planned on TTC around the same time, but she jumped the gun and I pushed it back, so she had a baby a couple months ago.  She has already said she's coming with me to register... As much as I love her, I don't think I need her kind of help!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Does anyone else feel insanely guilty if you forget to take your vitamins??  If I forget at night, do you think it's OK to double up and take one the next morning and the next night?  I know you can get too much of some vitamins and minerals.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Don't double up; yes, it is dangerous to double things like Vitamin A for instance.  If you're taking them almost every day, the cellular level of each vitamin and mineral isn't nill if you skip one dose.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Fram - I wouldn't worry too much about missing one night of your vitamin... I know many people who completly stopped taking vitamins in the first trimester because of sickness and had perfectly healthy babies.  That said, I do feel a bit guilty if I forget mine... I think it's normal to feel overprotective of your bean!

On a different note, for the first time in my pregnancy (I'm 24 weeks) I just had my second small cup of coffee in one day (usually I have one small cup in the morning) and this baby is going BERSERK!!  Talk about feeling guilty... I've revved the little one up and he/she has no room to move!  I'm wondering if it would be weird to grab a passing coworker to feel the belly movement!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

LOL I guess you know how to make it move if necessary!

I'm not exactly losing sleep over it, but I forget to take pills all the times, so I'm trying really hard to knock it off.  I'm so aware of the fact that the baby's spine and brain are beginning to develop that it seems like a BIG deal to forget my DHA and folic acid!! 
    I'll have to figure out a way to remind myself...  Maybe I'll write it on my bookmark, so I see it before bed every night.