June updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Re: June updates

I actually put the vitamins with the breakfast cereal so I would take it every morning.  This has been working out well for me.
    If I were taking them in the evening, I would have had to put them with the ice cream, since I reach for that every night!  :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Fram - I wasn't able to even start my pre-natals until the 18th week, and all the doctors and midwives remark on what a healthy baby I seem to be having, heart beat, ultrasound and test-wise.

Do your best, but seriously do not beat yourself up about it. Remember to look around at everyone and remember, pre-natal vitamins are kind of a new thing. I don't think my mom ever took a pre-natal, and certainly my grandmother never did either.

You will find lots of ways to feel guilty in your parenting choices over the coming years, don't get yourself started now. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Fram-I think it will becoming easier to remember the longer you take them.  Personally, I think its easier to include in my morning routine. If you want to take them in the evening, a doctor once suggested that I keep my medication with my toothpaste so I would see it when I brushed my teeth.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

I"m a night time prenatals gal, and I keep them with the toothbrush and contact lens stuff as a reminder - the ones I used to take made me so sick that I had to do it at night... although I now take one that doesn't bother me at all - so, my advice is if you're taking one that makes you feel nauseas, don't be afraid to try another kind... made a world of difference for me...

and hey, I guess it's time to start a July update thread - Happy Canada Day!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks ladies!!  I would be more likely to remember them in the morning, but caffeine interfers with iron absorption (and who knows what else), so I think night time is better for me.  I will put them on the bathroom shelf with the toothbrushes so I don't forget anymore - gread idea!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Whenever you remember to take them is the right/best time.  I wouldn't sweat the caffeine/iron absorption aspect too-too much.  I actually used to put them in a baggie and take them with my lunch during the first trimester.  My MS kicked in at night, so lunch was my best and most reliable meal.  Honestly, I've been told that the pre-natals are more for mom -- the baby will get what it needs from you, even if you miss a dose.  

AFM, had my Glucose test on Monday at passed with flying colors, so no GD.  Had my rhogam shot as well -- ow, but whatever -- and am now officially on the every-two-week appointment train.  11 weeks to go!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Congrats, GC!