March Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Re: March Pregnancy

Hey, Cici, congrats on making it through the first trimester, well almost, but only one week to go! And remember how nervous you were! Feels good, huh?

We had the neck measurement and then I had a blood test with another blood test about 2 weeks later, and they called me right away to let me know everything came back normal. Though I kind of assume if they don't call at all then there is nothing to report? I know when they did my first intial blood work they didn't call me because everything came back negative.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Congrats Arcain!! I hope the breastfeeding is getting better.  It took us about 3 weeks to really get it and then from there we were good.  In those first 3 weeks though we did have to supplement but I was okay with it because it was important that DS gain weight and grow. 

Poppy my brother and I were 16 months apart and we were very close growing up.  We played together with both boy and girl toys.  This time we are having a girl and I was a little worried at first with DS but from my own experience I know they will be fine.  I'm not too worried about not really having any girly toys since there is Christmas and Birthdays etc... to acquire them and she can play with what we have. 

Winter I hope you are well.  I was interested in that discussion you were thinking of starting! 

My practice doesn't call about most results unless it is bad news but they did with the ERA. As someone else said at our doctors after the tech did the ultrasound a doctor came in and they both pretty much told us everything.  Then we got a call when the blood work was in.  All other tests however there hasn't been any call unless needed.

Things are moving so quickly! I am happy to finally be awake enough to catch up on posts.  One thing about this second pregnancy is that once DS goes to bed I am always shortly to follow him.  With work and playing with him plus other stuff I have just been exhausted throughout the pregnancy.  Not the extreme fatigue from the first trimester but enough I go to bed by 8:30 every night!!

We are 30 weeks and I just can't believe how the time is just flying by!
    Starting to really put together a list of things we need to get in preparation. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hughkona. Show hughkona's posts

Happy Sunday everyone!
    Today is my due date.  Never thought back when I got pregnant in June I'd be staring down the barrel of the due-date gun, so to speak. 

Tumble weeds down in the uterus.  Nothin. :(

Just wanted to check in! hehe the wait continues!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

GL, hugh!  Hope you won't have to twiddle your thumbs long and that labor and delivery go smoothly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marriedmom. Show marriedmom's posts

SummerBride - just wanted to say I am feeling you with the disc pain! I had a herniated disc when DS (almost 5 now) was an infant (grr... carrying around the darn infant carrier!) Anyway - I am only 26 weeks now, and the pain from it is back full force. It stinks b/c it's not a muscle pain, so the usual hot showers and all that doesn't relieve the pain at all. Sitting or laying down on anything soft totally does me in. I never thought it inquire about PT though. I'm going to ask about it at my next appt b/c I can't imagine how much worse it's going to get over the next 3 months!

Hope everyone else is well. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I was up last night with pretty bad RLP. I have read that starting around week 19 it can get more common. I feel like I am growing more and more everyday, and I am definitely feeling the pains of it :(

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Ugh, Liz, sorry to hear.  RLP can be nasty.  Does Tylenol help at all? 

This weekend I pulled down my "bucket" of maternity clothes from when I was pregnant with DD from the attic and started to organize it.  Found some good things but I definitely need to buy some new spring/summer maternity clothes. Unfortunately, my last pregnancy was the exact opposite seasons as this one (February due date versus August due date).   I think today is my last day in "regular" pants - all of a sudden I seem to have developed a baby belly.  

I have two weddings coming up - one is the last weekend in April and the other is the first weekend in May so I will be 25-26 weeks along.  Any ideas where I could find a short cocktail style maternity dress appropriate for an early spring evening event?  I have a cute empire waiste non-maternity dress that I would love to wear but I am afraid that by that point my belly will be too big and it will cause the front of the dress to rise up too short.  I don't mind buying a dress since I will be able to wear it to both events but after poking around at Dest. Maternity at the South Shore plaza and the outlet at Wrentham, I haven't found anything.  Any ideas?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Rama - what about The Loft?  Their maternity clothes are cute but only available online.  If you bought something now you would have plenty of time to return it if it doesn't fit.

AFM - I just did the 1 hour GD test.  Man that drink was gross, I'm praying I pass so I don't have to do the 3 hour test. Also, my mom and sister finally set a date for my shower - they originally were looking at May 12th but considering I'm due June 7th I had to step in and say that it was cutting it too close - now it's set for April 14th which seems like perfect timing!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

CLC, thanks, I hadn't thought about the Loft. They do have cute things, it's so much easier to just try it on in the store and be able to return to the store!  GL on the GD test!  When do you find out results? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

In Response to Re: March Pregnancy:
    CLC, thanks, I hadn't thought about the Loft. They do have cute things, it's so much easier to just try it on in the store and be able to return to the store!  GL on the GD test!  When do you find out results? 
    Posted by rama8677

Unfortunately my OB uses the "no news is good news policy" so I won't hear anything unless I failed. I have an appointment in 2 1/2 weeks so I can ask then but I would assume they would have called me by that point if I failed. So I'm just hoping for no phone call!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

In Response to Re: March Pregnancy:
    I have two weddings coming up - one is the last weekend in April and the other is the first weekend in May so I will be 25-26 weeks along.  Any ideas where I could find a short cocktail style maternity dress appropriate for an early spring evening event?  I have a cute empire waiste non-maternity dress that I would love to wear but I am afraid that by that point my belly will be too big and it will cause the front of the dress to rise up too short.  I don't mind buying a dress since I will be able to wear it to both events but after poking around at Dest. Maternity at the South Shore plaza and the outlet at Wrentham, I haven't found anything.  Any ideas?
    Posted by rama8677

rama--this is another online option, but I found a cute cocktail dress from Pea in the Pod in the clearance section for about $30.

Another option that seems to have caught on is to rent (a la Bag, Borrow, or Steal). I saw this site on People.com: http://www.rentmaternitywear.com/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

I'm going to throw out a probably dumb question/scenario. I know the best answer is to consult my doctor, which I will do, but for curiosity's sake I want some other input.

I booked a 2 night stay up in NH (approx 2 hrs from where we live) for our babymoon, the weekend of April 21. At that time I will be 32 weeks. I'm beginning to get paranoid that this is too late and I shouldn't be traveling so far so late in the game. My other option is to make it two weeks earlier, on Easter weekend. But then I wonder what difference will two weeks make? Gah...I've gotta make up my mind!

Any opinions? WWYD?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Summer, I think you're fine. You won't be THAT far away and the chances of you going into labor at 32 weeks are pretty slim, I mean that is 8 weeks early. I wouldn't worry about it. I had a friend who traveled to Paris at 24 weeks!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Summer - I think you will be fine but in case you are not feeling up to it at that point, can you cancel within a certain amount of time?

Liz - how are you feeling? Is the RLP any better today?

Hugh - hope to hear some baby news from you soon! Has the hospital cleared out any room for you yet?

AFM - had the NT ultrasound yesterday and things looked good. The measurement was 1.4 and the heartbeat was 150, so everything seems to be in range. The doctor kept commenting on what a nice spine and brain so that is promising! The baby apparently likes to snuggle in so she had some trouble seeing everything but luckily got all the measurements she needed. She also mentioned that I have an anterior placenta but because it's lateral it may not affect me feeling the movement. It looked like it was stretched across the top of my uterus. I guess we'll see.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Summer - I wouldn't worry about it, unless your doctor has told you otherwise. 2 hours away is not a far distance to travel at 32 weeks. I was in NY the other weekend at 34 weeks, and flew to the midwest for a week at 31 weeks, and my doctor was completely fine with it. She told me not to leave the Boston area after 36 completed weeks of pregnancy. I'd check with your doctor, but as long as you're having an uncomplicated pregnancy I'd bet he/she will give you the green light.

Liz, sorry about the RLP. Is that a sharp pain, or more of a general soreness? I hope it's not still keeping you up at night.

Cici, great news about your NT scan! Glad your baby is looking healthy (and snuggly!).

Hugh, good luck! How are you feeling?

AFM, 35 weeks today! I can't believe we only have 5 weeks 'til due date. I'm still feeling good - my only real complaint is some pelvic soreness after being active. A little more tired and peeing a little more often, but that's about it. Time to start packing the hospital bag!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Summer - I actually asked my OB about travel restrictions at my last appointment.  He suggested that if I was going to go off Cape for an overnight he would like me to bring a copy of my medical chart just in case but other than that I had no restrictions besides no flying after 34 weeks. I'm doing an overnight with my college friends in Boston at the end of the month and I will be 30 weeks at that point and he would like me to have a copy of my chart with me then.  Perhaps yours can do the same?  One other thing I would point out is that most insurance companies have a clause where they won't cover an out of state delivery after a certain number of weeks.  Check with your insurance and see what that cut off point is!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Thanks, everyone. Yeah the pain is much better. I made a call into my OB's office and they told me to take Tylenol and if the pain went away after that it is definitely muscular. I have grown so much in the past 5 days, it's unreal. I can feel my uterus getting bigger and it is almost at my belly button now. Also, I have officially now gained 7lbs, in like 1.5 weeks, that was fast! But I guess starting around week 19-20 you start to grow at a rapid pace.

Also, on Sunday I was out with my friend eating Indian food and all of a sudden I felt something on my lower left side. I can't really explain the feeling but it felt like a little flutter, like 3x in a row. Then I felt it yesterday morning and last night I was laying on the couch and felt what felt like a pop, but only once. I am assuming it was her, but can't be sure 100%. Nothing today, yet.  But from every ultrasound I have had since 11 weeks, she is a kicker...moves around a lot!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Liz - that does sound like early baby movement! How exciting!  I've found that our LO follows a little pattern: awake and moving when I get up in the AM, quiet most of the work day and full on disco party once I lay down on the couch at the end of the day!  I would suspect in the next few weeks your little girl will start developing a pattern too. ETA - of course after typing this the LO decided to tap dance on my bladder, so much for that pattern :)

Tang - 35 weeks, wow, the end is so close. Check out the "what to pack for the hospital" thread.  I was looking it over the other day and made a mental note to print it out once I'm closer to my due date. Best of luck in the upcoming weeks!

Hug - I'm hoping your silence means you have a new little one!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Liz, I think your baby likes Indian food.  Congrats on feeling movement the first time!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Yep, can't know for sure if I am feeling her, but if what I am feeling is her, she seems to be active after I eat a big meal. I just had a big falafel wrap and I am feeling something in my lower abdomen...who knows!! I have my echocardiogram on Friday and can't wait to see her again :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sounds like the baby to me from what all my friends have said.  You all use the exact same words to describe that early movement feeling including, "I'm not sure if it's the baby," LOL.  I love falafel, by the way.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

It's totally fetal movement, Liz. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Liz - That's so great that you are feeling your LO!  Im 21 weeks today and still nothing :(

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Liz, that's awesome! Those first flutters are so cool! Tang- GL! Youre almost there! Hugh - hoping silence is good news! Thinking of you! My due date was yesterday. So weird that DS is already 2 1/2 weeks old. I'm finding I actually miss being pregnant a little bit, though at the same time I'm marveling at my freedom of movement now. And of course it's way better having DS here with us, even if he didn't keep me awake quite so much in the belly :).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hughkona. Show hughkona's posts

Silence means bitterness. :)
    I am officially 40w3d now and still waiting!!

Sections
Shortcuts