March Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hibernian15. Show Hibernian15's posts

Re: March Pregnancy

Siena, I'm sorry.
    I'm not even sure why I looked on here since I'm still TTC, but I'm glad I saw this. I am in the same boat as you, I just had my second mc a few months ago. The second was less traumatic for me, but more disappointing, if that makes sense. The first I had 2 gestational sacs but only one where anything developed. But eventually I lost that one. The second time was just one that developed to around 6 weeks and then stopped. So, I feel your pain. I met many people who had one mc, but hardly anyone who had 2. It's a hard place to find yourself. I am here if you need someone to comiserate with.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Siena, I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you and your DH get the support you need while dealing with everything. :(

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Siena, I'm so sorry. I am really hoping for a miracle for you right now. But even if that doesn't happen you'll have the support here if you need it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Thank you.  Hibernian--I'm so sorry that you have had to go through two losses.  It is a painful lonely place, and no one should have to go through it.  I'm sending you lots of positive vibes for your current TTC journey, and I hope you get your take-home baby soon.  Thanks for peeking in here and sharing your experience.

luvRI--yes it is a terrible feeling.  I knew as soon as the doctor became evasive and uncommunicative during the u/s.  At least knowing now gives me a little time to mentally and emotionally prepare before I have to deal with the physical trauma and hormonal wildness.  I am glad that I had that u/s, even though I was fervently wishing for much better news.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Siena,  I'm sorry to hear your news... Ill keep my fingers crossed for you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I feel like I'm full of questions this week but here are two more...

(1) gas pains - for the past two days mine have been back full force, is this a normal 3rd tri development?  I feel like they are worse than the 1st tri at the moment.

(2) Tang - Just out of curiosity, how did they measure your baby's size?

Siena - I don't want to give false hope but I wanted to add in that I'm almost a full 3 weeks behind where I should be based on my LMP.  When I went for my first u/s they were thinking I was 7 weeks and instead I was 3.5 weeks.  My doctor wasn't hopefully at all and told me to prepare for a miscarriage but here I am at 29 weeks.  I'm still praying that this little one holds on for you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Siena - I'm so sorry for what you are going through and, like others, am hoping you hear better news in the coming days.  I hope you are able to get the support you need.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Siena - I am so sorry, and I'm saying a prayer that the dates are off. Thinking of you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

clc, in addition to measuring my abdomen with a measuring tape, the doctor estimates through palpation - she "measures" the baby with her hands, I guess looking for length/width/size, and guesstimates his weight. Like workingmom said, it's definitely an inexact science, so I'm hoping she's lowballing it (thanks for the reassurance, workingmom...my mom said the same thing - "I would've been happy with a 6-7 pounder!"). And the doc wasn't at all concerned, so I guess I shouldn't be either...although it didn't stop me from going home and upping my protein intake!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks, Tang.  I think if they were concerned they would have done an ultrasound.  That happened with one of my coworkers wives.  However they were concerned in the other direction, she ended up giving birth through c-section to a baby just under 12 lbs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

12 lbs?!? Holy cow! Yeah, I was tempted to ask for an ultrasound, but a.) the doc would have said no, since she sees no issue, and b.) what would the point be? It's not like they'd schedule a c-section for a small baby - I guess they'd just say "try not to go into labor early!". But 12 lbs - WOW.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

No kidding, thank god they did the ultrasound.  I wouldn't have wanted to try a vaginal delivery with a baby that size!

ETA: you can say vaginal? I am shocked I didn't have to change that word.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Siena - I was so sorry to read your news.

CLC - If you were wondering, my OB never guesstimated the baby's size.  Finally, when I was on bed rest and in the hospital for tests, that OB said the the baby was "not big, not small, probably about 7-8 lbs."  Kind of vague, but hey she was right!  DD was 7 lbs 7 oz.

I had the same thought about Jessica Simpson - that she doesn't mind the hype, good or bad, because it'll draw more attention when she drops the weight on Weight Watchers.  I wish the media would give her a break.  God forbid a celebrity gains more than 20 lbs while pregnant.  I think she looks bigger because she is extremely well endowed at this point!  (Sigh the good old days when they were bigger instead of smaller.)

That photo/belly button was very cleary airbrushed, but I have to say that my belly button never turned outty, so it is possible.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

My belly button has not popped, and I am not sure it will.

I have a really stupid question. Is bacon considered a deli meat? I want a BLT so bad for dinner. I'm not too concerned because bacon is cooked before eating.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

O. M. G.  Work has been so insanely busy I have not been able to get on the boards for over a week!  Talk about withdrawl!  I scanned really quickly through all of the posts I missed, and am loving all the nursery and maternity clothes talk.  Hope those of you who've been having pain are feeling better or that there's an end in sight.

AFM, I'm 20 weeks and found out we're having a boy!  We're both a little freaked out becasue we currently have a daughter and are both like, "How do you have a boy??  We know how to have a girl!"  But all of my friends say it will be fine once he's here.  Now we have to decide upon a name!

Still haven't met Dr. Druga, only met the NP.  I'll meet him in April.  Did go to Winchester for my ultrasound and everything is so much tinier than at NWH!  But everyone we came into contact with, from teh valet to the doctor, were all SUPER friendly.  So I'm feeling good about the switch.  That, and it's about 10 minutes from work which is great especially when the appointments start to be so close together.

Tottally stressed out from work and from the fact that we still do not have a house.  Trying not to panic. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congrats on the little boy, Poppy.  One of each sounds so perfect.  BTW, my brother and I are 2.5 years apart (I'm older) and we get along great.  He actually lives with me and DH.  Hopefully your little ones will be just as close!

AFM, I just had to set up a meeting with HR to discuss my maternity leave.  It turns out that I was potentially mis-guided by a former employee and now they might not give me 12 weeks paid.  Of course I never got anything in writing before so I'm kind of screwed.  Glad I'm finding this all out at 29 weeks!  Not the stress I needed today but I meet with them tomorrow and will see what they offer me. Until then... deep breaths

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

clc - thanks for commenting on your relationship with your brother.  I would love my kids to be close, and I am an only child.  Did your parents do anything special to foster your close relationship with your brother?  I'll take any tips!

Sorry about HR.  I had them contact me the day before my due date with DD to tell me I couldn't have something they had told me I could have (and they had signed a form saying I could have).  It's stress you definitely do NOT need and I hope it works out ok.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Poppy - such exciting news!!!  Congrats on your boy! 

Clc - Sorry to hear about your maternity leave.  Maybe wait until you know for sure before you freak out.  I know eaiser said than done!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congrats on your baby boy Poppy!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Poppy - I don't think my parents did anything special.  I'm actually the oldest of 4, I have the previously mentioned brother and then a sister (6 years younger than me) and another brother (9 years younger than me).  I'm very lucky in the fact that we are all close. We do spend an abnormal amount of time together when I compare our relationship to those of my friends. I talk to each of them several times a week which considering the youngest is still in high school is impressive!

I will say that my brother and I have very different personalities and took very different routes in life but luckily we still get along great. So I would say that even if your two have very different personalities it's still possible for them to be great friends.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

In Response to Re: March Pregnancy:
    [QUOTE] ETA: you can say vaginal? I am shocked I didn't have to change that word.
    Posted by clc51510[/QUOTE]
    They make you change vag1na but not vaginal.  Similar to they make you change p00p but not shitty.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fuzzymiss9. Show Fuzzymiss9's posts

Random question-so I'm 6 weeks along and am hungry all afternoon.  My question is do I do what I normally do (forget about it, drink water etc) or should I actually eat something?  Might seem like a dumb question, but I already ate lunch, and my usual snack time is hours away...I guess my main fear is putting on excessive weight.  I have a really hard time losing weight so I don't want to pile it all on.  Anyone have any ideas?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Fuzzy - Can you eat an apple or a handful of almonds to tide you over?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

In Response to Re: March Pregnancy:
    [QUOTE]Random question-so I'm 6 weeks along and am hungry all afternoon.  My question is do I do what I normally do (forget about it, drink water etc) or should I actually eat something?  Might seem like a dumb question, but I already ate lunch, and my usual snack time is hours away...I guess my main fear is putting on excessive weight.  I have a really hard time losing weight so I don't want to pile it all on.  Anyone have any ideas?
    Posted by Fuzzymiss9[/QUOTE]

Well firstly, you'll need to continue drinking lots of water, so don't change that habit. And I hate to tell you, but the hunger will probably get worse. And being pregnant makes most women gain weight. So it's a fear you are going to have to overcome to be healthy for your baby. So eat something if you are hungry. Just choose healthy options like fruit, a light string cheese, etc.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Fuzzy - that is how I felt at first too. I had to eat almost non-stop or else I felt really sick. Do you start to feel sick if you don't eat right away? Smaller, more frequent meals and snacks really helped me a lot. My after lunch snack was normally a Baby-bel and some fruit or cut up veggies (or crackers on the bad days). I'll admit that I did gain weight in the first trimester but only a few pounds.

Poppy, congrats on the boy! I think I mentioned before that DH is a middle child and has a great relationship with his sister and is not really that close to his brother. I think you can definitely make it work and when you look back you will wonder what you ever worried about! And good luck on the house!

Clc - That really stinks about your maternity leave. It wouldn't be so bad if you were not anticipating getting paid the entire time but at least you know early enough that you still have time to budget and plan.

Sections
Shortcuts