March Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Re: March Pregnancy

I second clc's mention of ice cold drinks...when I was feeling really nauseas each morning (for the short time it lasted), I would have some ice water shortly after getting up. I couldn't stomach anything else, but the water always seemed to help.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fuzzymiss9. Show Fuzzymiss9's posts

Thanks ladies. I'm now armed with saltines, Gatorade, ginger gum and plastic bags. This morning I had to have two breakfasts as the first one was ejected immediately! Thankfully DH is being a great nursemaid. So this ms stuff is done by week 12 right??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Not necessarily, but usually.  Hoping you'll be in the latter group!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

In Response to Re: March Pregnancy:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies. I'm now armed with saltines, Gatorade, ginger gum and plastic bags. This morning I had to have two breakfasts as the first one was ejected immediately! Thankfully DH is being a great nursemaid. So this ms stuff is done by week 12 right??
    Posted by Fuzzymiss9[/QUOTE]

For some (unlucky) women, MS can last much longer and even through the entire pregnancy. As with most things, it varies from person to person and even from a woman's first pregancy so subsequent ones. From my personal experience, I can tell you mine went away virtually overnight, less than halfway through the 1st tri. (though mine wasn't bad to begin with) So there is hope! If it gets severe enough make sure to ask your OB for something to help, sometimes prescriptions are needed to help it at all.

On an unrelated note- what are everyone's thoughts on the Bumbo? Any moms out there have one already? Moms to be, are you registering for one? We registered for one, but with all this stuff in the news about calls for a recall of it, now I'm second guessing it. Not that we'd ever use it on any surface but the floor and never unattended, but there's still the fact that some babies just hate them. I'm thinking of taking it off our registry and maybe seeing if I can borrow one when she's old enough for it? Then if she likes it, getting one of our own. Thoughts on the Bumbo?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, aside from the recall it gets really high reviews - these 31 reviewers average 5 stars - here's the link to all the comments.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

As for MS, I had it weeks 8-13, very weird, but then all of a sudden it went away.
    I still can't really handle red meat or eggs.

About the bumbo, my sis-in-law gave us one. We had friends over this past weekend who have a 4 month old and when we ate dinner, she just sat in it for about 30 minutes. I would borrow one. I've heard that a lot of babies grow out of them fast because their legs can be too chubby to fit in them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Summerbride - I don't want to offend anyone because this is completely just my personal preference, but something about the bumbo doesn't sit right with me so I never got/used one.  I figured if I needed to prop DD up in something, I could use the bouncy seat or the boppy or a pillow.  (But the bouncy seat can be unsafe for the same reason; people put it on the table, etc.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

We never got one and DD was a VERY early upright-sitter.  She could essentially do on her own what the bumbo assists with at 4.5 months.  But everyone I know who has one (almost everyone with kids that age, it seems) loved theirs.  They use them at her daycare for other kids. 
    I know the reason the consumer advocates are advising recall is because of the way the packaging/advertisements are in S.Africa and some European markets.  Apparently on some of the boxes being sold there is a depiction of a kid sitting on one on top of a table.  This, obviously, is a really stupid thing to do.  When they're learning to sit without a bumbo you've got to put pillows all around them so when they tip forward (or try to crawl and then faceplant) they won't bump their heads too hard.  The bumbo usually prevents this tippage, but apparently doesn't always, especially for larger, more top-heavy babies (or babies who are really ready to try crawling and feel trapped by the bumbo and try to escape).  Of course, if the kid is on the floor it's not a big deal if he dives forward out of the bumbo.  If the kid's on top of a table, however . . .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Good morning all. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

I am 23 weeks pregnant and for about a week now have been having severe feelings of anxiety and sadness. I am extremely worried about having this baby and at times, don't even feel excited about having her, which then makes me feel more guilty than I have ever felt in my life. I don't want to bring anyone down, because I don't think anyone else is feeling this way, at least no one has talked about it on the boards. But if anyone has, or is, it would be nice to hear what helps.

I am really scared of getting PPD for some reason.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Fuzzy, you will hopefully start feeling better around 12/13 weeks. I definitely started feeling a lot better by 14 weeks, although I still vomit on occasion. I don't feel nauseous any more but just can't keep my breakfast down sometimes (16 weeks now).

Summer, I am of no help because I thought you couldn't even buy the bumbo anymore due to recalls. My sister told me otherwise and said it was a necessity. I'm totally undecided but love reading opinions on it!

Liz - So sorry you are feeling this way. Although I am not feeling the same, I am having a really hard time accepting that the pregnancy is real and getting excited about it. I think it's a mixture between still expecting something to go wrong after all that happened last November and being really sad about some of the changes the baby will bring. I feel absolutely terrible admitting to feeling this way so I can imagine how you are feeling. Have you spoken with a therapist? I wonder if there are any support groups for this? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I have an appointment with a therapist my OB recommended next Thursday. I did a ton of research this weekend and there is something called antenatal depression and it is more common than people think. It is very hard to admit because women are supposed to be overjoyed that they are pregnant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Liz - I'm way behind on reading posts and this may have been explored in the April thread (which I havent' gotten to yet) but I was wondering - does this feeling you're having extend to all other aspects of life?  Or are the feelings only around the pregnancy/pending baby?  I only ask because when I went through this, it was the fact that my feelings were preventing me from doing my job (I work full time) and were also damaging my marriage that finally made me realize it wasn't simply emotions/fears. I got help via meds and was ok after a few months, once my body leveled out, chemically.  I think I was on the meds for maybe 3-4 months. 

Then it came back during my first trimester during this pregnancy.  For several weeks I was a mess - again, it affected work, my marriage, friendships, everything.  Luckily it went away on its own, but if it had lasted any longer I would have had to go on meds.  I am anticipating it will come back after DS is born, so I'm going to be on the lookout for the first signs and will go on medication again if I need to.

I guess my advice is to try to sort out if it's an all-encompassing feeling, or if it's just around the emotions/fears about having a baby, and then talk to your OB and see what he/she has to say.

Sections
Shortcuts