March Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Re: March Pregnancy

Sorry, Hug!  How late is your OB willing to let you go?  Perhaps it's time to start pulling out all of the induction tips and tricks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

A couple of random bits about traveling...

I flew at both ~20 weeks and ~30 weeks.  The only issue I ran into is that my feet and lower legs were swollen afterward, but that wasn't exactly shocking after flying and running around all day.  I made sure to have snacks and water and to get up and walk around to keep the circulation flowing. 

At 30 weeks, I looked at US Airways' policy and they allowed flying up to 7 days before due date.  (I just double checked that because it sounds so crazy lol.)  That trip was a combo bday trip & babymoon and I even went snorkelling!

Before flying/leaving the state, I called my health insurance.  They said that if I went into labor out of state after 37 weeks, I'd have to pay for it out of pocket.  Definitely something to keep in mind!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Good morning!  27 weeks today so the start of the 3rd trimester!

Also, back in January BostonGirl passed along the following website: http://thechildrensclosetsale.webs.com/

I just checked and their first spring sale is this weekend: Saturday 8-5 and Sunday 9-12.  It's at the St. Mary School - 106 Washington St, Taunton, MA.  Just wanted to pass it along :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I know I have a TON of time to get this together, but what should newborns wear home, and in the summer? I heard onesies can irritate their umbilical cords.

Congrats, Clc, I am super jealous! I just want this baby to be here. I had a dream last night that I was with her, and she was so small and sweet and had a full head of hair!

We have also officially picked her name. We just sort of started calling her that when we found out the gender. I want to tell you guys so bad, but we promised we wouldn't tell anyone and don't want to jinx anything! :)

Does everyone else have a name?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Hi ladies--I wanted to say hello and re-intro.  I got my second BFP last weekend (after 12th week mc in the fall), and now I guess I've begun the anxious slog through the 1st trimester again.  I knew it would be hard, but it's still been harder than I had imagined.  I had terrible nightmares about miscarriage and insomnia the first few nights this week.  Finally made it through one whole night of sleep last night.  I felt very accomplished to wake up feeling rested with no tension headache this morning.  So I guess that's progress. Trying to take it day by day, and be happy that I'm pregnant again.  But also trying to protect myself from feeling to attached to this pregnancy--it's a slippery line to walk, and probably fruitless.

Anyway, I had a massage scheduled for this weekend, and now I'm wondering if I need to change my plans?  Google seems to have lots of mixed advice on the safety of first trimester massage.  I guess I should call the place and see if they will still do it or recommend it or not.  Anyone have any insight on first tri massage?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Liz - we have a girls name (we are also keeping it a secret) and I thought we had a boys name but we talked it over last night and now neither of us like what we had picked out.  So we are back to the drawing board with boys names.

Siena - congratulations on your BFP!  Hopefully you can find a way to relax and enjoy the next few weeks but I can only imagine how hard that would be to do.  I wish you the best!  As for a massage, I went and had a prenatal massage a few weeks ago and they said they wouldn't do one in the first tri.  I would check with the massage place and your OB before going forward with it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Deep tissue/Swedish massage can release toxins into your bloodstream so if I were newly pregnant I'd get a gentle one.  Actually, I'd probably not get one at all because gentle = nothing to me, lol.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

In Response to Re: March Pregnancy:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies--I wanted to say hello and re-intro.  I got my second BFP last weekend (after 12th week mc in the fall), and now I guess I've begun the anxious slog through the 1st trimester again.  I knew it would be hard, but it's still been harder than I had imagined.  I had terrible nightmares about miscarriage and insomnia the first few nights this week.  Finally made it through one whole night of sleep last night.  I felt very accomplished to wake up feeling rested with no tension headache this morning.  So I guess that's progress. Trying to take it day by day, and be happy that I'm pregnant again.  But also trying to protect myself from feeling to attached to this pregnancy--it's a slippery line to walk, and probably fruitless. Anyway, I had a massage scheduled for this weekend, and now I'm wondering if I need to change my plans?  Google seems to have lots of mixed advice on the safety of first trimester massage.  I guess I should call the place and see if they will still do it or recommend it or not.  Anyone have any insight on first tri massage?
    Posted by siena09[/QUOTE]

Siena, CONGRATS!! I have talked to the massage therapists at Isis because I thought the same thing. They assured me that it is OK as long as you have one by a masseuse certified in pre-natal massage therapy, but I guess every therapist is different.

Also, Siena...I hope that this first trimester can be as relaxing as possible. I am someone who worries CONSTANTLY. I lay in bed at night sometimes worrying about something going wrong with this pregnancy. I think it is impossible not to worry during this time, but try to think positive, (and, I should really be listening to my own advice).

Clc, for some reason I think you're having a boy :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

clc - thats so exciting to be in the home stretch!  Good Luck with the boys names.  They are so much harder than girls names to me!

We have been talking about names and I have one the I really like, Graham.  We would like a name that is not too out there and not so common either.  Graham goes really well with our last name.  But it is not decided yet.  I also like Brady and Wesley. 

Siena - I am sending you sticky thoughts!  Very exciting news!  I am with the other girls and think you should call and ask if they are willing to give a massage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Okay, I called the spa, and you ladies are all correct--they won't do a pregnancy massage before 16 weeks.  Too bad--I could have used one--but I obviously don't want to risk anything either.  Thanks for the advice and the nudge to make that phone call.  Partly I had been avoiding it because I hate the idea of telling anyone IRL that I'm pg, even if it's someone I don't know at all, like the salon receptionist.  (Well I told a few people besides DH: my parents, and my best friend, but that's all I can stomach for now.)

Now: I am focusing on a 2 1/2 week wait until my first 7 wk u/s appointment.  Counting the days.  Trying to focus on these shorter time intervals, so I don't have to think of the whole two more months of the first tri, or 8 months of pregnancy, stretched out before me.  I am so glad my OB allowed me to schedule that u/s. I am hoping and hoping and hoping to see a healthy little heartbeat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Liz - lately a lot of people have been saying they think I'm having a boy.  I have a boy name that I really like (it's my grandfather's name) and I've been pushing it and DH doesn't shoot it down but he won't agree to it either.  I'm thinking that if we do have a boy I will make a push for that name and hopefully get my way.

Pugs - I love Wesley and Brady, although I love Brady for a girl :) I assume you and DH are Pats fans?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

If we were having a boy, he would have been Colin Theodore. There, I said it :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

CLC - yes we are and DH doesnt like Brady but I do.. He said we are not naming our kid after Tom Brady.. LOL  After I typed Wesley and Brady, I thought these girls are going to think that we are all about the pats!

Liz - I like Colin but a good friends named her son that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I really like Beckett, and being a Sox fan that totally works for me but DH is a Yankees fan (I know, I married a Yankees fan, what can I say I love him in spite of his awful choice) and won't go for it.  He thinks people will assume it's after Josh Beckett, which it isn't, I just really like that name.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Siena - congratulations!!! Although my previous m/c was so much earlier than yours, I know exactly what you mean about being anxious. I hope you can find ways to relax and am crossing my fingers for a very sticky baby.

Liz - Yay! How exciting that you are feeling her now!

Clc - congrats on making it to the third trimester!

AFM, I'm totally freaked out right now. Tuesday night I got home from work and had some spotting. It was still there yesterday morning so I called the doctor's office and they said not to worry unless it turns red or I start cramping, etc. It still hasn't gone away so I called back and the nurse still doesn't seem worried but she scheduled me an appointment for tomorrow anyway. We just had a good ultrasound on Monday - everything looked perfect so although I'm hopeful that it really is nothing, I'm freaking out anyway. My big fear is that there's something wrong with my cervix and it's opening. Anyway, because I have to take time off work tomorrow and already did on Monday, I had to come clean with my boss. She was very supportive so that's a relief at least.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Cici - sorry to hear about the spotting.  How many weeks are you now? As someone that had weeks of heavy bleeding in the first tri I can say that it's most likely nothing but that won't take away your worrying.  Hopefully you get some good news at your appointment.

Also, congrats on telling your boss.  It's great that she was supportive and it's one less thing to worry about!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Siena, I think I've mentioned that I had a miscarriage at my first pregnancy, and I'm now pregnant with baby #2 (pregnancy #3).  I can tell you that for me with baby#1, the anxiety didn't really go away until I started feeling her move.  Up until that point, even with ultrasounds and doctor's visits, I was afraid to get too excited until I could feel her in there.  I was very open with my MW and OB about my nerves, and they were great about doing a quick ultrasound at visits (not just the doppler) to reassure me that things were going okay.  This time, my anxiety was more about the timing, as this baby is due the same time that first one would have been.  Allow yourself to feel nervous and hypervigilant if you need to.  Don't dismiss the feelings, because they are real!  I found that keeping a journal really helped me process it all, as did the fact that I had a couple of friends who had also had pregnancies after miscarriage who I could talk to about it.  My husband and my mom are both great, but neither one could understand what was going on in my head in the way those who had gone through it could.  Hang in there...every day that you're still pregnant is a day that baby's getting stronger! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

On the name discussion.  We are going to have baby #2 be a surprise, as DD was.  Last time it was my decision; this time I gave DH the option and he wanted the surprise again.  So we had a boy and girl name picked out last time, and we're keeping the same boy name this time.  Named for my dad and his grandfather.  Girls' names are SO much harder for us...last time I just kept throwing ideas out there until he didn't reject one!  We haven't really started thinking about it yet for this one, but I'm not looking forward to it! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Siena, congrats! I can completely relate to how you are feeling. I was so worried and nervous the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy until I had the first u/s and saw a heartbeat. I am 18 weeks now and still worried, albeit less so. All you can do is trust your body knows what to do. Try to focus on happy, uplifting things over the next two weeks. As for names, I think boys names are easier than girls names, personally. We couldn't settle on a name for DD until she was born and if we have a girl this time, I fear it will be the same way. If we find out we are having a boy there are about 4 names we both love and it's just a matter of picking one. We have our big gender u/s on Tuesday. I can't wait!!! What websites to you girls like to look at for name inspiration? I like Nymbler.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

We had one boy name picked out that we both loved. Now that we're having a girl, that won't do! We have it narrowed down to a short list, and my feeling is that I don't want to 100% commit to a name until she's born. DH HATES this idea and it makes him anxious, even moreso because I'm typically the plan-way-ahead type. But for some reason, I just don't want to have it narrowed down...what if she's born and the name we pick doesn't suit her? I'd rather see her first :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Cicirose - I hope it turns out to be nothing!  The one time I had spotting during my pregnancy, which was bright red blood, was like 2 days after the 18 week ultrasound where we found out the sex.  The OB said it could have been caused by a number of things, but her guess was it was caused by all of the poking and prodding during the ultrasound (even though it was not vaginal).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Well, just felt three swift kicks right below my belly button. Something I have never felt before, so I can say for certain now, that I can officially feel her!

I think it is a completely normal feeling to worry. I mean we are doing something that is completely out of our control. I tend to worry a lot because my Aunt gave birth to a stillborn (YEARS ago, like 25), but then she gave birth to three incredibly healthy babies who are in their 20's and all thriving. But I still think about something happening. But, I guess the only thing we can do it think positively.

I hope the spotting turns out to be nothing, and from everything I have read here and other sources about spotting it can be totally harmless. And, if the nurse doesn't seem too concerned it is probably very common. But, after your appointment tomorrow, you will feel much better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

[QUOTE]Well, just felt three swift kicks right below my belly button. Something I have never felt before, so I can say for certain now, that I can officially feel her!Posted by lizinboston[/QUOTE]

Congrats, Liz!  Such a wonderful feeling. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

clc.. so funny you posted about the sale this weekend... I was just about to remind you :o) Maybe I'll see you there ... a friend and I are aiming for 9:00 since we aren't interested in the baby gear.  I was like 3rd in line in the fall for 8:00 since I was in the market for the gear.  This time I'm looking for clothes, shoes, and maybe some toys.  I'm 5'7" with brown/blonde hair that is always in a ponytail and will have DD in the baby carrier.  I'll probably be with my friend and her 1yo son. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

[QUOTE]clc.. so funny you posted about the sale this weekend... I was just about to remind you :o) Maybe I'll see you there ... a friend and I are aiming for 9:00 since we aren't interested in the baby gear.  I was like 3rd in line in the fall for 8:00 since I was in the market for the gear.  This time I'm looking for clothes, shoes, and maybe some toys.  I'm 5'7" with brown/blonde hair that is always in a ponytail and will have DD in the baby carrier.  I'll probably be with my friend and her 1yo son. 
    Posted by bostongrl[/QUOTE]

I assume the baby gear went very quickly? Damn, I was hoping to be there for 10am.  Maybe I can talk my mom into the early wake up! I'm 5'5" with dark brown shoulder length hair that will still be wet (I'm not a morning person) and sporting a mini-basketball sized bump and I tend to waddle just a bit : ) I'll be with my mom who looks like me only 25 years older and no baby bump! And most likely I will be gripping a Dunk Iced coffee.

Sections
Shortcuts