March Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: March Pregnancy

Hugh, wow, your husband must be happy with the sex one, lol, but too bad it hasn't worked!  GL, again, and thanks for filling me in on your "get labor going" adventures.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

In Response to Re: March Pregnancy:
    [QUOTE]I have a question about fetal movement. I started feeling her last Sunday, and Mon-Wed she was pretty quiet, then on Thurs it felt like she moved non stop, and then since Friday she has been really quiet again. Is this normal in the beginning? Cici, so glad everything checked out fine at your appointment! Hugh, GL this weekend! :) Hopefully you will have a baby by Monday or Tuesday :)
    Posted by lizinboston[/QUOTE]

Movement can be pretty inconsistent til 28 weeks or so. I'm 26 weeks and she still has quiet days and busy days. The past few days have been quiet and today she must be dancing up a storm in there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Hugh, i am so sorry! And that's just mean ofTarget. At least Baby Center sends a "has your LO arrived?" email. I hope the LO gets a move on soon. Ican only imagine how frustrated you mustbe... Liz, that's totally normal. I had really on and off days even past 26 weeks, but up until then they say movement is pretty unpredictable. Glad you and Cici had good appointments!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congrats on the good appointments, Liz and Cici!

Hugh - so sorry you're still waiting around.  Hopefully things will start moving along soon!

AFM, the consignment sale was awesome. Thanks Boston for the tip!  I was able to get a bunch of clothes and an infant tub for $30.  My mom got a Graco travel system for $35.  We won't be using the infant seat or base (I prefer that my mom use the new one that we are getting) but the stroller is perfect.  She also got a bouncy seat for her house for $8.  Overall it was definitely worth the trip.  They have another sale in April for those interested.  We also stopped at Target and got the rocker for the nursery.  It is my parents shower gift for us and my dad is even going to put it together.  Talk about a good weekend!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Liz/Cici - Good news on your appointments!  You both must be relieved!

Hugh - Sorry your baby is so comfy in utero.  Hopefully your LO arrives soon!

I havent felt much movement since last Friday.  I think I felt something early saturday evening but nothing since then.  We are about to start a renovation of our upstairs.  New walls, ceiling, electrical and insulation.  So we had a busy weekend of cleaning out everything that was upstair.  It basically became our storage area so there was a lot of stuff up there!  It will be great once it is complete but we are now living in disarray for the next couple of months or longer since DH and BIL are doing all of the work in thier spear time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Hugh - Thinking of you and hoping you aren't waiting around the house much longer for LO to arrive!  Sounds like you've tried all the basic things.  My water broke while I was changing the sheets on our bed.  Worth a try?

CLC/Boston - thanks for the tip on the sale.  Went this weekend and scored an extra bouncy seat for me and for my in laws.  I went on the later side and there wasn't a ton left but you could tell how much stuff there was at the beginning of the day.  Can someone keep us posted on when the April sale was? I didn't see that.

Pugs - hope the renovations aren't too inconvenient!!

Liz - one thing that worked for me with pregnancy #1 was drinking a large glass of OJ or Cran juice and laying on my side with no distractions.  usually that would kickstart the baby into moving, but as others have said, it's pretty inconsistent in the beginning.  Usually 28-35 weeks is when the movements become consistent and the docs encourage you to count movements (although I defintiely experienced a few times during that stretch where LO didn't move for awhile and I freaked out.  She was obviously fine).  After 35-36 weeks, the movements decreased a bit for me because LO was running out of room. 

AFM, I have felt *very* faint and inconsistent flutters the past few days.  I think its the baby moving :)  We have our "big" u/s tomorrow. I can't wait to find out what we are having and to make sure all is well with baby's development. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Thanks for the reassurance! She moved non stop yesterday and last night I was laying on the couch and felt a kick and my stomach actually moved. She also kicked me right in the bladder as I was trying to fall asleep, that was an interesting feeling!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

In Response to Re: March Pregnancy:
    [QUOTE]  Can someone keep us posted on when the April sale was? I didn't see that. Posted by rama8677[/QUOTE]

It's the weekend of April 14th and 15th, Saturday is 8 am - 6 pm and Sunday is 9 am - 3 pm, and it's in the same location.

Here's the website in case you want to check it out: http://thechildrensclosetsale.webs.com/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Things are moving along, albeit slowly.  I'll be at 26 weeks Friday.  I have my OB appointment with glucose test later in the week.  I always get a little nervous, since it's not something I have much control over, but I did really well with the first pregnancy so it stands to reason I'll be ok this time around.  That orange drink is nasty. ugh.

Anyway, I've had more and more sciatica this last week.  I had hints of it intermittently the week before but it was very very mild.  I had HORRIBLE sciatica with my first pregnancy, but very early on (I guess most people have trouble later?)--it must just be how DD was nestled down in there.  It went from hurting a lot to my leg being totally numb and me dragging it around behind me. 
    It just hurts now, especially today, with a few tingles.  I've been able to stretch it out as soon as I have a chance to get on the floor into child's pose.  My one fear is it is going to get as bad as it was last time. 

Other than that, things have been good.  This one is still really active, lots of strong kicks and still lots of rolls, despite the fact it can't be as easy to roll around in there now as it was before (it is certainly less comfortable for me when it rolls around).  DD was leaning against me as I read her a book the other day and the baby kicked her in the back and she felt it and it was pretty exciting and awesome. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

That consignment sale looks awesome! Might take a drive down to the next one, for baby gear and toys since MIL will be watching our LO one day a week.

Did anyone attend the Nixi Baby Expo at the Andover CC yesterday? Tons of vendors and companies, I got some free samples and lots of discount coupons for various services.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Oh no, Hugh!  I was so hoping that silence = baby.  I feel for you - I was 41w2d with my first.  This time I"ll have a planned c-section, which I'm not thrilled about but at least I won't have to do all that waiting around. FWIW, the night I finally went into labor I had a pedicure that morning.  I will be hoping the next 24 hours is IT for you!

Hope everyone else is doing well.  I'm so distracted by DD that I keep forgetting I'm pregnant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

So funny, Poppy, even though I have 19 weeks left to go, my OB told me to tell the people who do my pedicures no to massage me at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Do any of you ladies have major cravings? I am getting Indian take out tonight because I have been CRAVING it ALL DAY.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Lol, i have such weird cravings. Like the other night I HAD to have a Fudgcicle. I seriously haven't had one of those since I was 8 years old! It was delicious. Indian sounds good, Liz. Too bad my DH hates it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Hi ladies! Lots of great news here - I'm so glad cici and liz had good appointments, and that liz is feeling movement! clc, sounds like you made out well at the sale. If the next one wasn't hovering right around my due date, I'd go for sure. Hugh, I hope LO decides to check out of Hotel Mommy very soon!

I have a question that I should probably take over to Infants & Toddlers, too, but thought I'd pick the brains of the new and second-time moms. I'm 36 weeks today (!) and want to find at least one decent nursing bra so I can have it ready in the hospital bag. Where have you had luck with finding these? I ran into Motherhood Maternity last night but didn't have much time. I've been a 34B all my life, and am currently wearing 36D (regular bra). Based on my quick try-on last night, it would appear that I'm something like a 38D or 38E in their nursing bras, which just seems absurd. Do they tend to run smaller than normal bras, or am I expanding faster than I realized? Anyway, any tips on your favorite brands and where you buy them would be much appreciated!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Tangerine, I bought a couple of different ones, but my recommendation for the first one is this: http://ladygrace.com/1401/p/1401/

It's stretchy, and is in sizes S-M-L-XL, not cup size.  It was my favorite of all the ones I tried.  For perspective, I wear a D cup in normal life and this worked great. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Oh, and another idea is to get nursing tanks...I lived in them during maternity leave!  They sell them at Lady Grace too, but also at Target, I think. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Tang - I'll weigh in on what my plan is even though I haven't done this before.  I decided rather than getting a more structured nursing bra to buy two sleep nursing bras which are really more like sports bras.  Also I grabbed a nursing tank with a build in shelf bra.  I figured in the hospital those might be more comfortable.  Once the baby arrives and my milk comes in I can head out and buy something more structured.  I bought one sleep bra from Motherhood and the other from Target.  I like the look of the Motherhood one better but I haven't actually tried them on yet.  The tank is from Target too.

I also have a question for all of the ladies further along than me or on their second pregnancy... yesterday the LO had a foot (perhaps both feet) wedged under my ribs.  It was extremely uncomfortable all day.  Any tips on how to get the baby to move to a more comfortable position?  Luckily, last night the LO found a new spot and I'm much more comfortable today but I assume it will happen again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Thanks, ladies! Luverlboy, I've seen that one online and it does look really comfortable. Can I be nosy and ask what size you wear in that nursing bra, to give me a sense of what size might work for me?

clc, I think that's a good plan...I'm going to buy a sleep bra too. I saw a couple at Motherhood last night but didn't try any on. As for the LO's position, I haven't had to try this but my prenatal yoga instructor suggested getting on the floor on all fours (table position, I think) to encourage the baby to shift positions. I think it's geared more toward a baby who's breech or sunny-side-up, but it might help to nudge your LO to shift into a better spot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Sorry, I'm full of problems today, my left ear is blocked and it's becoming very annoying.  This happened one day last week but then went away.  Now it's happened again and I'm not sure what to do about it.  Any suggestions?  I haven't taken any medication throughout my pregnancy (except a round of antibiotics in December when I had a bad cold).  I know Sudafed is approved for pregnancy so that might be my only option. I don't think I can stand the vibration and feedback all day, I will lose my mind!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Tang - we have the Chicco KeyFit 30 and the generic Snap N Go.
    I agree that it does not "snap" into the frame.  Before our LO was born, I e-mailed Chicco and they said they didn't make/endorse any of those types of frames.  However, when we tried it out, it sat very far down in and we got the strap nice and tight and we felt very good about it.  It always worked well even though it wasn't "official".  (Note: Chicco now makes their own frame but it's way more $$$.)

Also re: nursing bras, I am such a fan of the Bravado Body Silk Seamless.  As someone else mentioned, it's an unstructured stretchy kind of thing, so it's great for at first when you don't know how things will work out size-wise.  They are a little pricey, but I got two and have been wearing them alternately for 19 months now and they are great.  I got mine at Isis but they have them other places.  I was previously a 36 B/C.

POPPY - what ended up happening with Winchester Hospital / Dr. Druga?  Did you like him?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc4321. Show jc4321's posts

CLC - funny, my right ear has been bothering me on and off for a few days now. It gets worse when I walk up a flight of stairs or move my head around a lot. I've been avoiding calling the doctor as I don't want any medication, either. I'll give it a few more days and then might have to go. I do have a history of ear infections, but this one is not painful - just annoying!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Unfortunately, the feet in the ribs thing is just what happens towards the end.  It's good, it means the baby is head-down!  But yes, it's kind of horrible.  My DD was big on wedging her feet and then STRETCHING, like she was trying to make herself more room.  I don't know of much you can do.  Eventually, the baby will drop into your hips and won't be quite as bad (though by the end there's only so many places to fit and it's squished on both ends). You can try pushing back with your hand.  That sometimes helps, temporarily, at least (depending on the personality of the baby--my friends swore by pushing on the feet to get the baby to stop but my DD just pushed back with more vigor.  She's a stubborn one, that one).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

JC - you're stronger than I am, a few days, I think I would lose my mind.  I gave in and went to buy Sudafed.  I need some relief or I need to go home.  I've been biting people's heads off today at work.

Lissa - I actually tried giving the little feet a push yesterday and I got a swift kick or two in return.  I guess it's just something that I will get use to!  Luckily today is so much better.  It seems once I lay down that the LO really starts to move around so I'll have to keep that in mind for the next time this is an issue. Of course the image of me on the floor at work is a little off putting!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Tang, I'm a 42 D in normal life, and I got the XL.  I was shocked, honestly, at how much support it gave, since I've worn bras with underwire since I was about 14!  I'm definitely planning to order a couple more for when #2 arrives in September...I took the pads out of it, and used regular nursing pads...