March Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

March Updates

Shall we officially start a March updates?

I'm looking forward to finally seeing my OB today, hope he's not affronted by my long list of questions...

Hope eoe is doing well!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Antimony79. Show Antimony79's posts

Re: March Updates

I didn't post very often in the TTC threads, but I wanted to pop over here and announce that I got my BFP!  I POAS on Feb 7th and it came up + :), Right now I am currently 7w3d.  We ended up conceiving after a couple rounds of IVF, so needless to say we are stoked!!  I had a couple bleeding scares the last one being last Friday, but so far so good, our little bean still looks perfect.  I have one last ultrasound at my RE on Tuesday and then I am officially released to my OB!

Hope everyone is doing great!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Congrats!!

I'm waiting impatiently for my follow up ultrasound which will be next Tuesday at 3:00 - I will be 6 weeks 5 days. hoping to see a baby and a heartbeat!

Question for you ladies:

Is it too early to be feeling round ligament pain? I am occasionally getting a very short, and mildly sharp feeling in my upper/mid abdomen. I don't classify it as severe by any means and it goes away. I don't have any bleeding or cramping otherwise. maybe it is just gas?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Congrats Antimony!  I'm sorry you had bleeding scares - even when it turns out to be nothing it must be so incredibly stressful and scary.  Glad to hear everything looks good!

AM - Be prepared - at 6 weeks the baby is the size of a lentil (e.g. 1/4 inch), according to BabyCenter!  I'm curious, maybe I missed this in the Early Ultrasounds thread, but is there a reason you're getting so many early ultrasounds?

I can tell you my horrible gas started off feeling like abdomen pain and I was worried it was cramping.  I eventually realized it was gas.  Fun, fun!  I had a lot of strange pulling, "cramping", and general weird feelings down there from about week 6-8 and was constantly worried so I can understand why you're asking.  Now I have all different feelings down there.  So, while I don't know exactly what you're feeling, my guess is it's totally normal!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

The only reason is that I think my GYN is a moron - to be totally honest. I should probably cancel this U/S and just wait for the following week when I meet the OB.

I  know that's the smart thing to do...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Congrats Antimony!!  We are essentiallly the same at 7 week and 3 days.  That is awesome that this is after IVF attempts too!   I am not sure how many people know on pregnancy but my was a donor cycle.  I am thrilled!

Dream - I get random pains all the time. Every now and then I think, hey maybe that is the round ligament.   Not sure what to make of anything!  I will say that my cramping has stopped.

Hey Poppy, IPW, Antimony - are you feeling totally bloated.  I can fit into my clothes but ugh!  I have not gained any weight - still below pre-pregnancy weight but really!  I wonder how long I will last without the belly band and people noticing!  At baseline I am pretty flat in the tummy so I am afraid the pooch is going to be obvious even with my normal clothes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Antimony79. Show Antimony79's posts

LIL-  I remember you from the TTC board.  I didn't post often over there, but read often.  I was so happy when I saw your thread!!  Are you still taking the progesterone?  I am attributing most of my bloating to taking the progesterone still.  I had put on 5-10 pounds from all the IVF meds that I have been taking for months now, so I was already feeling gross.  I was thinking of going out this weekend to get a band (or ordering one anyway), because many of my jeans are already uncomfy.

Poppy-  I've been totally gassy the past couple days too.  Up to this point hadn't been too tired, but the past 2 days I have been exhausted!!  I can't wait to be able to sleep in tomorrow!!!

Dream-  I too am getting weird pulling sensations.  They have been only very very mildly painful.

So exciting that there are so many of us that are so close!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

LOL, AM!

LIL - totally bloated.  I have certain work pants I can no longer wear, and my jeans are becoming an issue...

Antimony - the exhaustion did not really hit me fully until about 7 weeks.  Now from 2-4ish at work is painful, and then I have to lie down before supper each night... hoping it doesn't last too long!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Quick question for you all - have any of you brought your DH into an early dr. appt. in which you've just had an internal exam?  I have my first appt today (which I've only mentioned about a thousand times, sorry about that!) and am bringing DH, but it's mainly going to be an internal - no ultrasound, probably no heartbeat.

I'm wondering if I should have the exam without DH then have someone call him in, or if it's normal to have him in there?  I'm also going to ask him what he thinks/wants...

TIA!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Thanks Antimony!  I am taking progesterone shots.  3 more weeks to go!  My bu*tt can hardly take it!!

I am sooooo tired as well!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Poppy--My DH came to the first visit w/the OB and was in the room while the OB did the internal exam.  The nurse was there also (nothing like having a full audience!) and asked DH "so, is this your FIRST pelvic exam?" as if he was the one getting it.  DH was so embarrassed :)  I think the OB invited him to have a look at my cervix, too, but DH declined.

I'm sure if DH would rather wait outside that someone will go get him while you get dressed, but he's gonna see a whole lot more stuff by the time the baby is born, so just think of this as a preview of stuff to come ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Antimony79. Show Antimony79's posts

Poppy-  I think whatever you and he are comfortable with.  I know DH will be there, I've been amazed through this whole process how much myDH wants to see and know, it's been funny!

LIL-  I've got about 3 weeks to go as well.  I should find out for sure at my ultrasound on Tuesday.  Although they have decreased my progesterone and estrace, so that was nice!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

That's true Daisy!  thanks ladies - off i go!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

OK, I'm canceling my u/s for next week. It is the best thing to do. If something is going to go wrong, it will happen whether or not I have another u/s next week - and I'm so annoyed with GYN that I would rather just be done with her and move on to OB. So...the countdown to the 16th begins...!

Poppy (omg I almost just typed Poopy, and I had to share) - DH will be with me at all appts and he's Ok with all the awkwardness. I agree that it is whatever is comfortable for you both - nothing weird about him leaving, and nothing weird about him staying.

Also, I'm totally bloated and on top of that my jeans were already barely fitting me b/c I was starting WW to take off a few pounds I had gained from being pure lazy. Since that has backfired - in a good way - I already got the BeBand from Target and am wearing it today. I only need it for 2 of my jeans and I mostly wear dresses anyway but for today, it is good. And I'm only 6 weeks. Or almost 7. Depends on how you look at it.

I also jumped the gun a bit and bought some maternity clothes from Gap/Old Navy. I had a bonus check and since DH and I are closing on our house in a few weeks I wanted to take advantage of having a little extra cash in my hands while I could. The box is cautiously sitting in my closet until I need it. I will say that the Gap jeans I got are AWESOME and I want to wear them now b/c they are so comfy. I did get the full panel - and I have no idea if they will fit in August or not - but dang. lol. comfy comfy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from evavase. Show evavase's posts

Hi all, 

I'm new to the pg boards and am just over 13 weeks now!  Very excited. This is our first, but I did have a MC at 10 wks back in September, so the first trimester has been quite nerve-racking to say the least! :(

We just had the first look test this past week (nuchal translucency) and it went very well.  Haven't gotten the results back just yet, but the measurement was low!  The best part was the U/S.  It was insane to see the difference b/w an earlier u/s at 8 weeks and now!  

We are telling our parents this weekend, and friends thereafter...should be interesting, and hopefully not too overwhelming!

Have a great weekend! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

congrats to evavase and antimony! That's great news, especially with your histories. Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months.Smile

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Congrats Evavase and welcome!

AM - good for you for taking the reins!  There's nothing wrong with having one next week, unless it will cause unnecessary worry for you - that's the most important thing.  And I'm so on the same wavelength as you are with clothing, I just haven't gotten to the store yet.  It must be bloating, but my waistbands just are not working these days and I'm seriously considering getting a bella band.  And I'd love to buy some clothes too!  Hard to resist.

I had my OB appointment today and it was great.  I was worried about being rushed, etc., and I wasn't at all.  He answered all of my questions with humor and patience and honesty. And the BEST part was he told me he would try to get me a "viability ultrasound" (never heard of that) for immediately after my appointment!  It worked, they took me last minute in the Women's Imaging Center at NWH and I got to see my little bean!  It was so awesome - we could see the little fluttering heart.  It definitely did not look anything like a person (and I'm a little over 8 weeks along), just a little kidney-bean shaped blob with a yolk sac above its head.  But the fluttering heart was wonderful!  They gave me a due date of 10/17/10, but my husband (a numbers guy) is hoping for 10/10/10, LOL.  I'll try, honey.  Now I really feel like there are 3 humans living in this household.  I was so happy to see him/her right where he/she should be, being all viable and everything.

Sorry to ramble!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Poppy--that's wonderful!  Glad to hear everything looks good.  I'm with your husband, 10/10/10 would be a cool b'day to have--you could always be induced or schedule a c-section for that day ;)  Best wishes for an uneventful pregnancy!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Poppy-that's great news!  I'm glad to hear that everything looked OK.  Congratulations! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Poppy, that's great!  Glad the u/s and appointment went well.  

Had my ERA yesterday -- went VERY well.  Blood test results come back next Friday, but the ultrasound was great.  The tec was very enthusiastic about how good the nuchal fold measurement was, she could see the nasal bone, and Baby is measuring exactly to the date I was given based on LMP, so pretty much perfect.  And s/he held still and posed for pictures in the exact position we needed -- good baby.  We saw the heartbeat (171) and the tech deemed my ovaries "beautiful and perfect and healthy."  Which was odd, but nice.  

Just crossing our fingers on the blood results, but so long as that comes back with a number we can live with, I think we're done with screening tests.  Yay.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Great news Poppy! You must be so relieved!

Its funny, my SIL who is also a numbers person has had 3 scheduled c-sections - 03/03/03, 03/04/05, and 04/05/06.

GC, great news for you too!

:-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Great news for Poppy and GC.  Also congratulations Evavase and welcome!  Poppy - our due date is October 18th!  So close!  Although technically I am only 7 weeks and 6 days right now.

I actually dragged myself to the gym today for a body pump class.  Although it was the last thing I wanted to do I actually feel human now and less afraid of moving!  The bleeding earlier really freaked me out!

RHM- keep us posted!

Dream - I am glad you are deciding to go with what you feel the most comfortable.  We'll be thinking about ya on the 16th.  It will be here soon!

It is funny because I think my next u/s is April 6th.  Since I have been having them every week b/c I am crazy and bleeding, it seems like a long time! :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Lil, I only had some VERY light spotting at the beginning, but it was enough to scare me away from the gym quite a bit.  I still went, but shied away from anything that seemed too strenuous ... probably silly, but I hear you!  I'm glad today went well for you.  

By the way, I think I am officially scared away from most of the other posts ... I am so tired of reading all the bickering.  So I apologize in advance for any off-topic questions/posts in this thread.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

hi all - just a quick post to say I'm STILL pregnant and soooo ready.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from smileyd. Show smileyd's posts

hang in there, rhm...my first was four days after her due date, but it was well worth the wait.  with my second, the doctor is talking about inducing early because of size (a potentially big baby), but we'll see as i still have 5.5 weeks to go. 

best of luck whenever it does happen :)

Sections
Shortcuts