March Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Re: March Updates

Poppy, I'm 16 weeks now and this Saturday I wore my first pair of maternity jeans. When I wore them, I definitely looked more pregnant (kind of liked it).

Today, I'm back in my regular work pants and tops and really nothing seems to show, just a new gigantic (wired) bra after my LG trip this weekend. Like GC said - I didn't know these letters were associated with lingerie. Kind of depressing, it's such a mother bra :( (meaning MY mother), but it fits and supports and is comfortable and that's the bottom line at this point.

Waiting for my amnio results today. I didn't think about it all weekend, so I'm hoping that's my gut telling me everything is fine.

What are your protein sources every day? I'm having trouble getting enough protein. Meat turns my stomach still, beans do not help the gas situation, neither do eggs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I've been eating a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches - pretty sure nuts have protein. Avocados are good too, soy if you like tofu (I thought I might...tried it...I don't). Hummus is another good way to get protein.

24 hours to go till my u/s...think happy thoughts for me please. :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

ML - congrats on the donning of your first maternity jeans!  I know what you mean - I'm kind of excited to really "look" pregnant!

I eat a lot of cottage cheese for protein - I love it!  I know some people don't.  I didn't try it for a long time because, well, it does not exactly look appetizing.  So if you haven't tried it, maybe give it a shot - you may be surprised!  Hummus is another great source, as Dream said.  Also I was eating a lot of homemade trail mix with lots of nuts before pg, but now nuts just turn me off so I haven't been eating them, but yes those have protein as well.

Good luck with the amnio results, and Dream good thoughts for you for tomorrow!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, peanut butter is loaded with protein and healthy fats, too, Dream. :)

I've been making my own hummus, lately, with our new food processor.  It's really easy, tasty, and cost effective.  I highly recommend it!  It takes 10 minutes, so easy.

If you don't like cottage cheese and want to try it, again, give Breakstone a whirl.  It's small curd and a lot drier than most.  Extra palatable texture wise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Oh,yes cottage cheese on toast - yum. Its good with pineapple too, or with a sprinkle of pepper on top.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Hey there!  I just thought I'd weigh in with some advice on maternity clothes.  I know you all are excited, but I'd seriously wait as long as possible to buy them. Definitely wait until you start showing and try to get by with a bella (or Be) band until then.  The reason I say this is that you really have no idea how big you'll get, and if you get some that are comfortable now when you're barely showing, you will definitely need more/bigger later in your pregnancy.  Also, since the seasons are changing, I'd wait and buy spring & summer maternity stuff.  Just my 2 cents.  Take it for what it's worth!  I wore a bella band until 20 weeks, and even the clothes I got at 20 weeks only lasted me for another 8 weeks.  I think I popped at around 25 weeks.  I never got any full panel pants, and I regret it.  But now at 33 weeks I don't really see the point in buying anything else, so I'm in dresses and leggings at work and yoga pants on the weekend.  I also went up 2 cup sizes (to a DD), and I'd definitely say invest in a new bra, but I just got some at Victoria's secret.  I'm not really sure why you'd need special maternity ones.  Sounds like a gimmick to me! I did get a bra extender though.  Which is only a few $.

AFM, doing great and getting close to the end!  I had a cold last week and that was miserable because I never get colds AND I didn't know what to take for it so I just took nothing.  Thank goodness it was only 1 week!  I've been so stressed out about getting all this stuff done before the baby comes!  DH and I were trying to DIY a lot of our house projects, but time is slipping away and we had to hire somebody to complete the refinishing of our floors.  I'll be happy when they're done, but having to move all of our stuff around at 7 months is no picnic.  Also, I'm looking forward to my baby shower in a few weeks, but I foolishly told my friends they could throw it at my house.  I have no idea why I did that!  If I could go back I never would have so I wouldn't have to deal with the disruption.  Wow - I sound like such a complainer!  I think I'm just tired today.  The hour shift is a tough adjustment!

Have a great week everyone! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Wow, today I feel awful.  I told myself I would never complain about pregnancy symptoms but I have been so nauseated today.  I am seeing patients and perfumes, infections, you name it are making me feel nauseated.  I have not vomited yet in pregnancy and hope to keep it that way - particularly at work. :)

Dream - Good luck on your u/s tomorrow.   I am excited for you!

Thanks for the advise with the clothing trouble.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

hey, I was just checking in this thread to see if there was any news from rhm (?)  and I just had to comment on the clothes thing.  even though I already mentioned this in another thread....  go ahead and buy some new clothes for those early weeks, before you 'pop'  You'll need them after the baby....  and it is not fun to go shopping for maternity clothes when you are no longer pregnant, but regular clothes fit me weird because my extra weight is still mostly belly :(  so my pre-pregnancy clothes aren't happening yet (9wks post) and it is also not fun to buy 'fat' clothes now (nor do I have the time).  so I'm wearing everything that was comfortable in the early weeks and I even had to buy a pair of no panel maternity jeans after I had the baby.  and I'm wearing them constantly.  same with tops, buy some that are long and nice and loose in the stomach with buttons or crossover necklines for breastfeeding later if you plan to.  But whatever you buy for these early weeks will not be a waste!  You will also not enjoy wearing those empire style tops that scream 'I'm pregnant' or the bella bands with your jeans unbuttoned after the baby.  it's not exciting anymore to have a little pooch, just depressing lol.  I know the weight will come off, but it wasn't as instantaneous as I had hoped and if I had it to do over I would have bought more for the early weeks.  but trouble is absolutely right, it's hard to believe but you will fill out those clothes that seem huge at the start.  my belly started outgrowing my maternity clothes by the end, it's so funny.  good luck everyone!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from blushingbride1. Show blushingbride1's posts

I'm also thinking of RHM...  Hope you're doing well!  :-)

Big hello's to eoe!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

I know, thinking good thoughts for RHM!  

re: maternity clothes -- agreed on not buying too much, too soon.  I've limited myself to the one AT Loft order, and a bella band.  The rest of what I've purchased have been "regular" clothes that fit now, but are a bit more forgiving -- like the tunic tops that are popular this season.  

re: protein -- big agree on the Breakstone cottage cheese.  Very good.  I eat a lot of peanut butter, eggs, greek yogurt, hummus, string cheese and nuts for snacks.  Quinoa is a good source of protein -- it's a whole grain that, I believe, is a complete protein source.  

Don't worry about it too much, though.  The queasiness and limited appetite passes, and while it's super-good to keep an eye on your food groups, it's not the end of the world if you just can't face the recommended daily amount of protein for a few weeks.  You could always try one of those protein water supplements that are all the rage right now if you're very worried.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Hi Lesal!  Good point and something that I hadn't thought of.  At around 20 weeks I got some of those below the waist maternity pants with the elastic on the back and some below the waist jeans.  They got pretty uncomfortable by 28 weeks so I was kinda bummed that I only got 8 weeks out of them. 

Seriously, I cannot believe how big my stomach is at this point.  I really had no idea how big it would be!  I've gained about 25 lbs all in my boobs and stomach.  I know it's dumb but I already worry about how tough the weight loss will be and if I'll be permanently fat :(

But I digress.. Glad (or maybe not) to hear that I will get more use out of the early pregnancy clothing post-partum!  There you go ladies!  Shop away :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

hi Trouble - you are getting so close!!  those final weeks go by quickly.  I will keep my fingers crossed that it all goes well, I'm sure it will.  how do you like your birth class?  and don't worry too much about the weight gain at this point.  I didn't gain any weight at all in the last month or more and that included all the holidays!  it just gets harder to eat when you feel so full all the time.  but the belly grows sooo much in the end too.  it is just hilarious.  I outgrew a bunch of my tops and couldn't wear the low rise pants because my belly would hang out below my shirt :)  as for whether I am permanently 'fat' now, I'm a bit nervous myself, but everyone says it does come off eventually.  You will definitely get more use out of your maternity clothes post-baby, unfortunately.  I wish I had bought more things early on when it was fun to shop and exciting to be outgrowing my clothes.  Instead of ordering randomly online at the peak of sleep deprivation and feeling fat  :)  but it's all worth it!  take care!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Re: Maternity clothes, it may be helpful to have more than one bella band. I thought of it as more of an undergarment and went through them fairly quickly during the week.  I think I had a couple in white and black (I bought mine at target).  I also can not say enough about the maternity camis and layering tops.  Most of my ore-pregnancy shirts and sweaters were hip length so the cami and layering tops allowed me to extend the life of those tops with an additional layer underneath and I was able to make it through most of the winter with my pre-pregnancy sweaters.  I'm in the middle of my pregnancy now so I can't speak for how long I'll be able to wear things but it seems that dresses have more room than pants.  Also, I found the women at Destination Maternity the most helpful in terms of fit because they have been able to tell me items which will have the most pregnancy life.  

Although this goes without saying, I just want to add that you have to do what feels most comfortable for you.  Everyone carries the weight differently and so you may need maternity clothes sooner or later than others. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Also thinking of RHM!  Hope you're doing well!  You've waited so long for this!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Hi all! I'm alive and well (although majorly sleep deprived). Thanks for thinking of me. Need to post quick in between feedings and my parents staying with us. Went into labor Sunday night while watching the Oscars and went in around 3AM to Tufts. Wasn't 100% sure if it was real labor or not since I'd been having symptoms on and off including some far-off timed contractions (1-hr to 40 mins) the night before which went away Sunday morning and was vomiting and Sunday night I had pain in my behind that went to my groin which didn't seem like labor pains, but I knew I had to been seen.  My water broke as I was walking into the ER there, found out I was 10 cm dilated and ready to start pushing - yikes!! Started pushing at 5:05 and our little boy was born at 7:27AM. He is really adorable (like I'm objective!). We are trying to work our way through breastfeeding (getting very frustrating so we're calling a lactation consultant today), but we feel very blessed. We had the bris (circumcision) yesterday and it went great. Wishing good thoughts to all of you and will catch up more when I can. Smile

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Congrats RHM!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

RHM - wow, congrats!!  Thanks for taking the time to post!  It's a good thing you got yourself to the hospital when you did, eh?  He certainly was ready!  Enjoy this time and good luck with the bfeeding!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from blushingbride1. Show blushingbride1's posts

I am SO happy for you!  Congrats RHM!  :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Yay, RHM!  So does this mean you went natural???? I'm impressed! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Congrats RHM!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Congrats RHM!  So excited for you, your husband and your son and glad to hear that you're all home and doing okay!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from austengirl. Show austengirl's posts

RHM Congrats!!!!!
    How exciting would love to hear more about the labor when you get a spare minute.  Also how was the car ride for you - how did you make out?  That is one of my concerns and I am not as far as you from the hospital. 
    And yeah for a boy!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Congratulations, Rhm!  I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Adorable RHM!  So very happy for you!

Dream - How did your u/s go today?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Congrats RHM!  So happy to hear everyone is doing great.  I'd also love to hear your birth story when you have a moment! :)