March Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Re: March Updates

Congrats Pugs!!!
    Good luck KT!  I know that the end can be so uncomfortable.  Hopefully you get some interesting updates at the OB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, Pugs!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Congrats pugs!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Congratulations Pugs!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Congrats, Pugs and Mr. Pugs! Glad to hear everyone is settling in nicely. Enjoy getting to know baby Hailey!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Good luck this weekend, Maple! And congrats, Pugs! :-) Glad things went smoothly.

I had an exciting day yesterday - while at work I noticed my feet all of a sudden swelled up like melons, so I called the hospital and they wanted me to just come in to L&D to get checked out since I'd had no other swelling up to this point and it came on so suddenly. Everything checked out fine - it is most likely diet related, so I can no longer eat anything high in sodium. I had spaghettios for lunch yesterday, they were probably the culprit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Big fat congrats, Pugs!!!  so glad everything went well and baby H is healthy and happy!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

congrats Pugs!  
    Maple and KT you are so close!!!  crazy.  The full moon this week should help things along ;) 

Silver - the splints are not helping as much as they had in the past, but help to a point.  I think now that it's in my right hand (which I use more), it's harder to control that.  Right now I am in the middle of writing 3 reports and that is not helping.    My feet/ankles have also been swelling up a lot - maybe because of what i am eating?  I am also eating A LOT more.  Like, A WHOLE LOT more.  Glad that everything checked out fine for you. 
    Regarding the swelling of ankles/feet, I tried taking a bath the other night, but that seemed to make things much worse.  Right now I am sitting with my feet up, but again it's not a huge improvement.  Any tips? 

We never went to Buy Buy Baby, although I wanted to try it out.  Do they have really good deals? 

Two of my friends had dreams that I was going to have the baby this week.  That with the full moon is making me start to think/hope they are right!  I have been very emotional at the prospect of being a mother and having to care for another human being and having my relationship with DH change.  But, on the other hand, I want to meet my little one and find out who he is as a "person."  this whole process is just amazing :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Pugs, congrats!  Welcome baby Hailey!  You ladies all pick great names on these boards! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Best wishes KT.  You're getting close!  I definitely hit a wall at 38 weeks and couldn't imagine making it through two more weeks at work.  Bed rest was unexpected, but also a blessing!

At the end, I was wearing two pairs of pants to work, alternating every other day.  I couldn't stand the others I had and there was no way I was buying more.  The good thing about delivering is I haven't had to wear anything but sweatpants for 11 days :o)

I too got so many conflicting comments - I was tiny and glowing... or ready to pop and looked so tired.  Yeah thanks.

Turns out I was having BH!!  I don't remember when they started, but when I was in labor and learned how to tell the nurse a contraction was coming, I realized I'd been having that same tightening feeling for weeks.  To me it felt like the baby was in a position that was stretching my belly - like one side of my tummy was sticking out with her back pressed against it and the other was from her bracing her legs against it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congrats Pugs!!!

Now I am going to self indulge and finish up my rambling birth story... So got to the hospital, contractions 3 mins apart, puked while doing pee sample, 5 cms dilated, got to my room, puked some more, epidural went in.

Getting the epi wasn't bad at ALL, but I'm not too squeamish about needles and blood.  I just avert my eyes.  They actually did some kind of combo spinal shot and epi because the spinal kicks in immediately but the epi can take 20 minutes.  After the epi, I basically laid there for 2 1/2 hours.  My feet felt cold, but the nurse said they usually feel warm.  Couldn't eat anything.  DH kept trying to sneak me bites of his sandwich, but someone would knock at the door every time.  It was hilarious.  I couldn't feel contractions, but was hooked up to the monitor, so knew I was having them.

After 2 1/2 hours, I started to feel the pressure down below which signals that the baby's head is in place.  The nurse checked me out and I was 10 cms and ready to go.  Had to wait a while because my OB was doing a circumcision.  Pushed for 45 minutes (yes only 45 minutes!!).  The OB tried and tried to massage and stretch the perineum but it wasn't going anywhere, so she made a small knick - she said 1/4 inch - so we could get that baby out of there.  They didn't consider it an episiotomy because it was such a little cut.  The stitches should dissolve within 2 weeks.

I'm going to start a thread on what to expect after delivery.  There are so many prescriptions and aches and pains, but it actually was not as bad as I expected.  You just have to REALLY take it easy for a few days.  I overdid it 3 days after she was born and felt really sore.  DH was being GREAT about taking care of me, but it turned out I needed to ask for his help even more.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Boston - I went to Buy Buy Baby today.  We mostly looked at car seats, though I did think the prices were better than Babies R Us, more similar to Target prices.  They do carry a lot of the high end strollers.  We probably will go back in a few weeks and get the infant seat we liked.  I just signed up on their website for their email list and they already sent me a 20% off coupon so that will come in handy!  

Has anyone ordered from the website allbeebaby.com?  They seem to have some good deals, though I haven't heard of them before.

Fram, I don't think I will be as brave as you if I get an epi, I really hate needles!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Congrats pugs!
    Wed - the good news is that the needles are behind you so you really don't see them.  For some reason I was VERY worried about the epidural (probably because I have done lumbar punctures on patients)  and it was a piece of cake and a lifesaver for me.  I told my husband I would have died if I had to deliver in the bush. Unlike Fram, 2 1/2 hours of pushing although still was pretty comfortable with the epidural.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Wow LIL... 2.5 hours of pushing!!!!   You get a gold star for that!  I had 7 minutes.  (Granted it was baby #2)  Baby #1 was 20 minutes.  I give a lot of credit to those who had to push for so long!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

I loved Buy Buy Baby.  The people are much more helpful than BRU and I felt like the selection is better all around from carseats to strollers to diaper bags. (I never thought finding a good diaper bag would be difficult!)  I just wish there was one closer than Nashua!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I've heard that two new buy buy baby is coming to braintree and burlington in old Linen's and Things locations.  I went there to buy a present recently and loved it, they didn't seem to have many sales though, everything seemed full price! I'm glad one is coming closer, I hate BRU with a passion! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Pugs - Congrats, sounds like everything went really well!

I went to the dr's Friday, nothing going on, I was a little surprised.  I told the dr about just feeling sick all the time and she said its most likely a form of heartburn.  I told her I do get very bad heartburn and I get sick from that but this does not feel the same at all.  So anyway now I am taking preventative heartburn medicine everyday.  I finally got the car seat out, clothes washed, and bassinette out so that feels good.

Wed, I have ordered from allbeebaby.com and was happy with everything.  I believe Lemon ordered a Britax carseat from there and was not happy though.

MM - I meant to ask who ended up doing your c-section?  Also, how is DS doing with the changes?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

KT and Maple - fingers crossed for both of you.

KT - Dr. Sullivan from the covering group did it.  No one from Atrius was on - it was a SLOW night in L&D.  I'd met him before - he assisted Dr. Chen on my first section and also answered some of my on-call concerns when I was really sick with what they thought was Fifth's.  Dr. Kotch was there bright and early the next AM.  I was a little disappointed, but it all went great.  I was really happy with everything - we were literally the only people in actual labor there and had a ton of hands on attention.  The nurses and the anesthesiologist were great.  The nurse anestethesist grabbed the camera from DH and got slightly gross (but not too gross or revealing) pics of DD coming out and they are pretty cool to have.  I saw Dr. Kotch, Gioni, and the midwife while I was there and have a follow up with Dr. Chen next week. 
    DS is adjusting very well!  A little hyper, but seems to keep a radius of an inch around her and doesn't actually touch her unless we tell him it is ok.  He is really being a trooper - especially given that when labor hit, he had a brand new babysitter, she put him to bed, and when he woke up my parents were here and basically taking care of him for a week.  The only issue has been his sleep and breathing - he's had a constant cough that's been waking him up and we are actually trying the nebulizer again.  After DH and I take turns with DD over night (we are pumping and using formula, I can write more in another thread) and we think we are about to settle down for a good stretch of sleep, DS wakes up.  DH has to have the main responsibility with him since I'm a little extra cautious with my incision healing.  His solid 2hr nap has been a saving grace and we've all been getting a little extra sleep during that window. 
    I hope everyone is feeling well!  I can jump onto the thread Fram said she would start wtih some tips/tricks I learned this time. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Oh yes, he assisted on my 1st c-section too.  Glad to hear that DS is adjusting well and things sound good overall!  We did the pumping/formula deal with DD and it worked out well for us (although pumping got stressful after a couple months) and I loved that DH helped out a lot with feedings.  If you are going to pump a lot you may want to look into a pumping style bra, saved my sanity! 

http://www.amazon.com/Leche-League-Pumping-Nursing-Softcup/dp/B003180KOO

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

I dont know how I managed to always see someone from Atrius with DD.  Someone I did not know checked me in at triage because I think Dr Vandelin was in a c section at the time.    I have an appt with Dr Chen next week.  I have never had an appt with her, she was the only one I did not meet at Atrius and of course was the one that delivered DD.   I have nothing bad to say, she was GREAT!!!

Congrats Pugs!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Congrats Pugs!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Not to be a huge whiner - but I cannot feel my freaking fingertips. It has to still be the carpal tunnel...but it is really, really bad. My wrist doesn't hurt at all, it is just complete and utter numbing in my finger tips on my right hand, of course. The splint is not working at all at night anymore. Last night I wrapped my hand in a hot towel and that seemed to help.

Any other suggestions from those who also said the splints weren't doing anything anymore? I am constantly shaking my  hand trying to get some feeling but I get nothing...

twin, I remember Pugs had pretty awful sickness past 12 weeks - i want to say around 15 or so but she'll obviously be able to speak to that. Hang in there, I hope it gets better soon. good luck tomorrow, hearing the heartbeat will be some temporary relief for you at least. :-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Oh, twin, sorry to hear you're still miserable. With DS, my sickness lasted until about 14 weeks. I've just hit 11.5. I had a good 2-3 days last week that gave me hope, but then felt awful this weekend. I hope you get some relief soon (and that I'm part of that good karma, too)!

I'm off in a few minutes for my ERA. With DS we got great results, so I am hopeful for this bub, too. But, at 39, all these tests are always a nerve-wracking experience.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Wanted to share the great news from my ERA this afternoon because we are so happy. The scan was excellent. They measured the nuchal fold at .7 (anything under 3 is good) and saw a nice nasal bone. The perinatologist said even if the bloodwork is only so-so (and there's no reason to assume that), that the risks for Downs and Trisomy should come back very low. Not bad for my 39 year-old eggs, huh! Laughing Bub was wiggling "its" behind the whole time. So stinking cute. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

Hey Silver, sorry to hear the carpel is still really bad.  I was wondering if you thought about getting some therma care wraps.  I always find that heat makes my sore joints feel better and you can probably find small enough ones to stick under your braces.  I remember wearing the period ones stuck to the inside of my undies when my uterus was sore with baby #1.  I think CVS also makes store brand ones.  Or maby you could get some of those handwarmers skiiers use.  All the sporting goods places have them and I'm sure you can get them from amazon.com.

Kiwi - good news on the tests!

Sections
Shortcuts