March Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Re: March Updates

Glad you are doing well, Pugs!  

Congratulations on the boy Trouble!  

Twin, Like Lilsprout, I started my registry around 5 months.  Every day it seems I add something or take something away.  I still need to put stuff like sheets on there, I haven't decided on the bedding so I was waiting to pick something that coordinated.  We also have decided on things like a stroller, high chair.  I am sure there is lots more that I haven't thought of.  I am a bit annoyed as my MIL wants to send out invitations to my shower next week (it's not until early May) and I am not really ready for people to see the registry yet.  My mom is not sending out her invitations until early April (there is only one shower planned) so now I feel like I have to rush this weekend to make decisions, or hope that people just don't look right away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Trouble - Congrats on a great U/S and a baby boy!

Pugs - Glad to hear that everything is going well for you and that you are feeling good.  I was thinking back to the nurses after I had DD and I think there was a lot of time on our own, especially after the 2nd day.  They were there if you needed them but otherwise not around so much.  That worked for me since I was there for a bunch of days but if I'd didn't have a c-section and was in for less time I'd probably want them around more so I could ask more questions.

Quad - Great news on the results!  I remember thinking the same that it took a long time for the results to come back.  With DD they came back very quickly but probably because the Downs risk came back very high.

AFM - Today is my last day of work!!  I'm really not sure you could even call what I've been doing lately work since I passed off all my work a couple weeks ago.  Working til mid morning today and then calling it - so excited, its really becoming real that the baby is arriving next week now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Trouble, congrats on your boy! So fun to have one of each!

KT, happy last day! Can't wait to hear about your LO's arrival next week!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Congrats to all who have posted such great updates:  KT on your last day and having your c-section moved up, Kiwi for the great ERA results, quad on the great scan and testing results, and Trouble congrats on your little boy.  I too will have one of each, and we're really excited about it.  So sorry if I missed anyone!

Silver, glad you get to have another ultrasound and have one last chance to see your baby before he/she is an "outside" baby.

AFM, 36 weeks.  Had my appointment yesterday, and it seems our little guy has managed to turn breech since my last appointment.  He's got his head up my ribs and one foot solidly in my bladder.  This explains the relentless heartburn, inability to breathe and general discomfort I've been feeling lately.  At the suggestion of my OB, will be going for an acupuncture procedure this afternoon to try to turn him around.  If that doesn't work, I'll have a version next Thursday.  I've heard that's rather uncomfortable, so I hope the acupuncture works.  If neither work, I'll be scheduled for a c-section at 39 weeks, which would, quite fittingly, be on April Fool's Day.  MM, I think you had a c-section the second time around?  Was it difficult in terms of picking up DS, etc.  I'm hoping it doesn't come to that, but I'm worried about DD if I have a c-section this time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

am, good luck with the acupuncture!! I hope it works for you and you don't end up needing the version or t he c-section!

April Fool's day is our "dating" anniversary. Joke's on him. har har.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

kt - congrats on being done!!!!
    AM - hope baby turns.  Having the section with the second for me was easier than the first time (labor, emergency section).  But, I will say the lifting restriction is tough with DS.  He's in a regular bed, so I've read to him and have him walk himself into bed.  He eats in a booster seat and we've actually dragged a step stool over instead of me lifting him which he thinks is hysterical... so we are getting there.  I'm anticipating being able to lift him by my follow up appt on Tues (a little over two weeks following delivery).  They said I could carry him, hold him, just not to full out pick him up and lift him.  He's a sturdy 30lbs though, so if you have a smaller toddler, you may not have as many restrictions.  The blessing of the c-section is more time in the hospital - you really feel so much better by the time you are d/c'd and each week really marks feeling better and better.  So, a lot of the time that you need to be the most cautious, you are in the hospital anyway.  I'm 14 days post delivery today and feel so much better.  I can technically drive tomorrow if I want. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I'm just a lurker (slowly making my way to the TTC boards) but my birthday is April Fools and I love it!  Hopefully your baby will too Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

am - I had a successful versioning with DD (my first) and it was uncomfortable during the process, but not unbearably so, and I was very sore (especially my pelvis) for about a day after. You have a better chance of a successful versioning since this is not your first, so good luck. I tried accupuncture before the versioning, and while it made DD get wiggly, she never turned, so I wish you the best of luck with it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

Congrats on the boy, Trouble
    Pugs - good to hear from you.  sounds like things are going well.
    twin - I started my registry around five months too and just kept adding and deleting things as I did research.  I found it to be a long and painful process, so best to start early!
    KT - you must be so excited to have had your last day now you can relax a little before baby arrives.
    am - I've heard that acupuncture can work well. I'm very curious to see how it goes... good luck!

AFM - it feels less like I have been on bed rest at home and more like I've been on bed rest at the doctor's office.  I think I've been there four days this week for hours each time monitoring the heart rate and blood pressure and having ultrasounds. My blood pressure has been staying up so they had me do a 24-hour urine sample because this is the most thorough way to check for protein either rule out or rule in preeclampsia.  I'll get the results over the weekend.  I started having headaches, which I guess is another sign of preeclampsia and it is making me super nervous. Before pregnancy I did have a lot of headaches, but haven't had any throughout the pregnancy. I had one yesterday but didn't fully go away with Tylenol and got worse at night when I was sleeping so of course they had us go into BI.  We were there from midnight to 430 in the morning and everything checked out fine. I think DH (who had just driven down from a meeting in Vermont and was very tired) had a really difficult time understanding why we were there for a headache.  He was a trooper though and if nothing else it was a good practice run for what we'll have to do in the upcoming weeks.  Plus, it was nice to see DS at 37 weeks... it's getting me so excited to meet him!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Hi AM,

I had a version with DD.  I will agree with all of what Amy said, except bummer for us that DD didn't turn, so to me the pain wasn't worth it!  I had painful bruising on my tummy afterwards.  I also went into early labor 3 days later, and I was convinced it was because of the version.  Good luck!  As Amy said, you have a much better chance since it's your second!

And that's everyone for the congrats!!!  We're still soooooo excited!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krystabel. Show Krystabel's posts

Hi Everyone,

I'm new (as of yesterday) to these boards.  I have a good friend that told me about it and I am so glad she did.  It is fun and exciting to read about everyone in various stages of pregnancy and new parenthood!  I wish I had know about these board while we were trying to conceive!  It would have been nice to talk to people going through the same thing.

Whats new in March:  I am 15 1/2 weeks, happy that the nausea has faded for the most part and still waiting for that second trimester boost of energy that I am promised... hopefully it will come soon - I am still REALLY tired.  We started telling our family and friends a couple of weeks ago and that has been really nice and helps it feel more real.  After trying to conceive for more than 18 months, it was hard to believe at first.  Also earlier this month we decided on a CMW practice and to deliver at NWH.

BTW - what does AFM mean?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

KT - just wanted to say thanks for the heads up a while back on that Mixbook groupon.  I just ordered birth announcements using it and I think they turned out awesome! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

MM - Glad that they came out nice - I am planning on using them for our birth announcements too.

Had my dr's appt Friday and the baby is measuring 37 weeks although I am 39.  I have an u/s scheduled for this afternoon to make sure the fluid levels are okay, etc.  Same thing happened at this point with DD so I'm not super stressed, but I am excited to get a quick peek at the baby before Weds!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

KT, how fun that you get a quick peek at the baby before the arrival!!!  I hope all the levels are fine.

So the acupuncture did not work for me.  Same as Amy-Lynn's baby, mine got all wiggly, but didn't turn.  On Saturday, I ended up getting the Norovirus (AGAIN, second time this pregnancy) and was vomiting all day.  Not Fun.  I was hoping that there might be a silver lining to all that illness and my little guy would turn from it, but no such luck, he's still got his head planted firmly in my ribcage.  So it's on to the version on Thursday.  I'm hoping it's not so bad and that it is worth it!!  I'd be bummed if it doesn't work out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Krystabel  Welcome! AFM means as for me. There is a long list of all sorts of acronyms used on these boards at the top of the TTC page.

am- sorry the accupunture didn't work. How many sessions did you have? I think I went 3 times. The last one was the day before the versioning. I wonder if the accupuncture didn't help get DD ready to move for me. I'm so sorry that you got norovirus. That is so yucky and miserable no matter when you get it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

I've only gone once so far, but was sent home with a Moxa stick for DH to burn by my toes each day.  We didn't do it on Saturday because I was so ill, but we did it yesterday and nothing.  I'm supposed to go again to get the full treatment (moxa stick and needles) the day before the versioning, so we'll see.  The little guy is kind of being a brat, he'll move his head from right up top (in between my ribs), halfway down to my left side, but then I go to sleep and when I wake up, it's right back up again.  Sigh.  The OB did say that's a good sign, though and she was glad to know which way he preferred to rotate because then she can go that way during the versioning, which will make it more likely to succeed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

In Response to Re: March Updates:
    [QUOTE]AFM - it feels less like I have been on bed rest at home and more like I've been on bed rest at the doctor's office.  I think I've been there four days this week for hours each time monitoring the heart rate and blood pressure and having ultrasounds.
    Posted by bostonslp[/QUOTE]

Hope everything is going OK, SLP!!  I completely know what you mean.  On day 3 of bed rest, the doctor asked if I'd been sticking to it and I said I would except I've been here every single day!!

I had to really push the docs to explain the risks of preeclampsia.  I was all set to ignore them and go to work after 3 days, but then they explained about seizures and all kinds of side effects.  They need to explain that stuff to your DH for you!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krystabel. Show Krystabel's posts

amy lynn thank you so much that is really helpful

am good luck with turning the little guy.  there is a wives tail about putting a radio between your legs to turn a baby ... might not put that much stock in it, but if i get in to that situation, i will try anything to avoid being forced in to a csection

sorry for that lack of appropriate punctuation... my so called smart phone isnt very smart on this sight

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Welcome to the boards Krysta.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krystabel. Show Krystabel's posts

thank you Smile

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Welcome, Krystabel!  Where was your profile picture taken? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

It's been a while since there have been some updates, so I thought I might jumpstart things...

I am 13 weeks today. My m/s definitely seems to be easing up, but I have had the worst head cold going on day 10. Nothing is really helping the congestion and it's driving my crazy! DH has a cold, too, and look at him longingly when he takes Nyquil before bed and sleeps much sounder than I am able.

The OB called with our ERA results and we were very happy. Our Downs risk was 1:1800+ and our Trisomy risks were 1:3000+. Like I said, being 39 years old, we are thrilled with these results! We won't opt for any further testing beyond the anatomy scan in 5 weeks. Can't wait to find out if we're having another boy or a little girl. (We're secretly pulling for a girl if I am being honest!)

I have a definite bump at this point (I'm quite petite and this is #2), but am feeling in limbo. My old maternity clothes are just too big at this point, but regular clothes are not very comfy. Oh well. I am sure that will change soon...

How are the rest of you ladies doing??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Congrats on the excellent ERA results, Kiwi!  That's good news.  I'm so sorry you are feeling sick.  I know what you mean about being envious of DH when he takes medications.  My DH and I both had sinus infections, and I was SO jealous when he took Advil the other day to help with his headache.  The Tylenol did nothing for me.  Luckily, we both got some antibiotics and that made it go away.

No news with me, baby is still breech.  Every time I get optimistic because he moves down a bit, he pops back up a few hours later.  Stubborn little guy.  More acupuncture this afternoon, then the versioning tomorrow if he's still breech then.  We're hoping for the luck of the Irish tomorrow (even though we're only like 2% or something Irish).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Wanted to wish KT luck today!!!  I think today was her day.

AFM, approaching 22 weeks.  Had an appt on Monday and all is good.  Got all the hospital paperwork so I have to fill that out and send it in. I just want to do it and get it out of the way.  Nothing else to report, besides my constant ligament pain I feel great!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Good luck KT!  Hope things went well this AM